Serial Key Doesnt Work After Integrating XP SP3

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
satan

Serial Key Doesnt Work After Integrating XP SP3

Post by satan » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:58 pm

Hey guys,
i have one big small problem,
that i have the windows xp service pack 3 3180,
when i install it on my machine, it works fine....
when i integrate it, it also finely integrate.....
But after integrating my Windows XP corporate Serial Key doesnt work, which works on the same installation without integrating serial key....
Can any one having that serial key???
Or else knows that which file is responsible for that change in serial key???
Will it work if i restore that origional file from SP2.... & all other files from SP3???
Please help me!!!!!

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:02 pm

If my memory is correct, the PIDGEN.DLL is supposed to be the item that controls this.

Check your older install and copy it to the newer \system32 folder and see what happens.

Don't remember where I read about that fix but it did have to do with SP3 - so you could do a Google search on SP3 and pidgen.dll to, hopefully, find the posting I had found.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:30 pm

not so much a change in serial key but MSFT taking the opportunity to invalidate known 'leaked keys' as well as to implement a new key scheme. Valid and approved testers in the SP3 beta program have already received their new keys via MSFT TechNet channels.

so..

either the key you're using has been IDd by MSFT as pirated or otherwise invalid or you're not a pre-approved tester of the SP3 beta.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:30 am

This forum does not support warez. Contact Microsoft if your license is legitimate.