Unable to download

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
heatstroke

Unable to download

Post by heatstroke » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:52 am

Noob here. I apologize if this is my error or addressed elsewhere. I am unable to download any of the pieces to get started. I have been getting Service Temporarily Available for about a week now on any of the links. I have tried from two completely different networks. Any help is certainly appreciated.

RC

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:21 pm

Phred

Post by Phred » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:10 am

I think the

"Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /files/RVMUpdatePack2.1.11.7z on this server. Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

problem goes well beyond the simple explanation in the above FAQ.

I personally have tried to download using two different DSL connections through different ISPs and a third ISP via dial-up. No download accelerators, no fire walls, IE as well as Firefox. No success.

Further I contacted two associates in two other countries and they report the same problems trying to download from the web site. Again they were cautioned about no download accelerators and firewalls.

Late last year and earlier this year I had no problems downloading from the web site. Something has changed and to me it looks like it's at the ryanvm.net end.

Cheers,
Phred

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:59 pm

Last time I checked 503 != 403 :rolleyes:

The Service Unavailable message has nothing to do with the Permission Denied message. They're two different things. Service Unavailable is because people like to jam the download server with multiple connections and overwhelm the whole works.

If you need to have it right now, use the tracker.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:38 pm

In any case, Phred, I do provide links to alternatives in the aforementioned thread that should work even if the official download link won't work for you for whatever reason.

Phred

Post by Phred » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:57 am

Retry

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:01 pm

...and the tracker, and even MajorGeeks even though Ryan has no formal agreement with them...

In my posts and others' on this forum, text in green is almost always a link. I tend to incorporate them into my writing and put them into context, so there's no question where they link to. I apologize if it seems to you that I'm hiding them; it's not my intention.