Can I install an integrated Win XP from DVD?

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
chazcon

Can I install an integrated Win XP from DVD?

Post by chazcon » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:17 am

Might be a dumb question, I'm new to RyanVM Integrator and want to know this:

I have my Windows XP Pro CD copied to a folder on my HDD.

I will make an integrated disk using that plus the latest UpdatePack, in a separate folder, and burn to DVD.

There should not be a problem with then doing a clean install using that DVD on my system, correct?

Looking forward to enjoying this program as I reformat and reinstall every 6-9 months (old habit from Win 98 days probably)

Cheers
FOR THE VITAE !

electrogen

Post by electrogen » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:44 am

Yes you can, but if you are only adding the latest rvm update pack you should be able to fit it on a cd

chazcon

Post by chazcon » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:09 am

Thank you for the reply. I'm past using CDs, it's DVDs or a flash drive these days. I've considered tossing out my floppy, but I do need it once a year to install my RAID drivers :)

Hmm, perhaps that is something that could be added to an RVM integrated disk via AddOns? There is a bit during the Win XP install process where you are prompted to install your RAID drivers from floppy...if that could be added to the RVM disk, what a handy thing that would be.

Cheers.
FOR THE VITAE !

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:06 pm

:shock: you can do that using DriversPacks @ http://www.driverpacks.net/
If you see dinosaurs, stop using drugs. But, if you don't use drugs, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!