Black Viper SP3 updates

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
ChiefZeke

Black Viper SP3 updates

Post by ChiefZeke » Fri May 02, 2008 11:50 pm

Black Viper, http://www.blackviper.com/ has updated the following for XP SP3:

Windows XP Home and Professional Service Pack 3 Service Configurations by Black Viper.htm

Strange Services Information.htm

Super Tweaks for Windows XP by Black Viper.htm

These are recent postings and are still a work in progess. Information provided could be useful to those needing more information on what's going on in the background. :)

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat May 03, 2008 8:34 pm

Thanks for information. BlackViper's site is one of the best sites about xp services tweaks i know.

Gorki

Post by Gorki » Sat May 03, 2008 8:48 pm

MrNxDmX wrote:Thanks for information. BlackViper's site is one of the best sites about xp services tweaks i know.
I agree! ;)

ChiefZeke thanks for reminding us... :)

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Sun May 04, 2008 1:07 am

Happy to see others find Black Vipers info as useful as I do. :wink:

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun May 04, 2008 1:38 pm

I have actually met BlackViper a long time ago. I helped setup wireless internet at his house a long time ago. I bet he doesn't even know we ever met. He did (or still does) live in the same small city as me.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

jbob

Post by jbob » Sun May 04, 2008 9:36 pm

Siginet wrote:I have actually met BlackViper a long time ago. I helped setup wireless internet at his house a long time ago. I bet he doesn't even know we ever met. He did (or still does) live in the same small city as me.
I thought he moved? His site was down for ages and I think when he finally got it going again he said he had moved.(he and his wife?) Don't remember all the details. Once the site was finally back up seems it was down again for a long period.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sun May 04, 2008 10:33 pm

I'll never forget the time I ran into someone on campus in my own department who came to the realization of "Wait, you're RyanVM!". It made me laugh, and yet it's always funny to realize how small of a world it really is.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Sun May 04, 2008 10:49 pm

RyanVM wrote:I'll never forget the time I ran into someone on campus in my own department who came to the realization of "Wait, you're RyanVM!". It made me laugh, and yet it's always funny to realize how small of a world it really is.
I had some training a couple weeks ago that was sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security and had in attendance techs and admins from all over the public and private sectors. So I'm talking to a couple people from the central IT organization that oversees the local public school districts here and this guy starts telling me about all of these great web sites and how you can make a fully up to date XP install (meaning this website) and he found another one for larger scale deployments over the wire (mine), etc all the while he's jotting down the URLs on the back of a business card for me.

I've actually had a few different experiences where I'm at a conference or something similar and somebody was try to tip me off to this site. But it was the first time I've ever had someone do the same with my own. The guy actually didn't believe me at first that I was who I was saying I was. I mean it's not like there was a secret handshake I could show him or anything. So I called up the source code for AutoImage when we got back to the lab.

Kiki Burgh

Post by Kiki Burgh » Sun May 25, 2008 8:32 pm

i likewise benefited from black viper's website, specifically making my transition from 98SE to Win XP ... thanks!
sigi, ryan & rogue --- your stories are funny! ;)
-KIKI-

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:31 am

Anybody have any idea why a couple of people over at WinCert, including a moderator, responded downright vociferously to ChiefZeke's exact same post that he posted here? Check out their responses here:
I was amazed and surprised at the ferocity. Very curious.

Cheers and regards.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:16 am

OMG he was just spammin..

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:44 am

Ok, I am also a little baffled about the response also. It seems that a person was beat up on for just posting information. According to the forum rules, yes that might be considered spam, but if that was the case, why was the original post just not removed? Maybe if he had imported the information from Black Viper's site, would that have been better?

Just a little concerned here.
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:15 am

I would also think they would point out what was wrong about his post (arguably SPAM-like on his first post), not just say not to post like that again. Would I consider it SPAM? Heck, no. Maybe if he posted the same thing in many sections of the same forum (AFAIK he didn't).
Gigabyte case GZ-FA2CA-AJB
Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P with Realtek High Definition Audio
HIS Radeon HD 4850 512MB
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz
Corsair 4GB DDR2-6400 4-4-4-12
4x1TB SATA RAID 0+1/2x640GB SATA RAID 0/Misc. PATA
Windows 7 x64