SiginetSoftware.com Forums Needs Your Help!

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu May 08, 2008 3:44 pm

My forums were removed from my dreamhost account because my vbulletin license expired without my knowledge and someone complained. :(

Any donations will help me get it back online asap.

I currently have $50 in my paypal account. I want to bump the license up to an owned license so I don't have to worry about paying this every year. An owned license will cost me $160.

Those of you who enjoy the RVM Integrator (or any of the other tools I have shared with everyone) and want to show some appreciation please make a donation here:
http://professorcpu.net/support

Many Thanks to all donators and everyone who contributes to the community we have here!

Update:
OK... here's the latest news...

I had finally re-uploaded the forum and got it all setup yesterday... with the permission from dreaamhost. But... then less than an hour later dreamhost disables my entire SiginetSoftware.com domain. :( Now they are saying they never gave me permission to upload my (Legally Owned) forum. But I have the email to prove it. I have forwarded the email to them... along with proof from vbulletin that it is legit. But now Dreamhost seems to be sitting on the issue instead of putting my domain back online after they disabled it because of a mistake on their end. :mad:

So... if we can raise enough funds for 1 year of VPS (Virtual Private Server) service from some other host... I would really like to get away from dreamhost. A VPS is pretty expensive though. But it should come in handy. I'd like to be able to setup a torrent host that we can use for addons. If anyone has any ideas or would like to donate please help.

I currently have about $368 in my paypal account right now.

does anyone have any connections with a really good hosting deal??
Last edited by Siginet on Fri May 16, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

benners

Re: SiginetSoftware.com Forums Needs Your Help!

Post by benners » Thu May 08, 2008 7:11 pm

Siginet wrote:my vbulletin license expired without my knowledge and someone complained. :(
The are some bubbling f@!kers about. donation made, should help.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri May 09, 2008 8:52 pm

Oh my godness :(
I wish i had paypal account here and i could help you with that.
Hope you can be online soon.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Sun May 11, 2008 8:42 am

guys, please do what you can to get the site back ASAP, otherwise the projects on the site will loose a great deal of updates and validity

a huge thanks goes for siginet who codes this great integrator with support... and much more!!! which I'm sure everyone is aware of ...

Thanks to anyone that can help
TIA

galileo

Post by galileo » Sun May 11, 2008 5:12 pm

Come on folks.....belly up to the bar and throw some bling...at the thing...pun intended... :D

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Sun May 11, 2008 9:55 pm

$80 pending clearance, more to come on 05/23/08.

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Mon May 12, 2008 5:16 am

Count me in... Just donated.

***Come on guys, help Siginet out here. Even if you can only afford a few Dollars/Pounds/Euros, it WILL help him out. We NEED Sigi and his great work, because without it, many of us would not even be using update packs and addons!***

Can you imagine this place without Siginet and his Integrator??? No, neither can I.

galileo

Post by galileo » Mon May 12, 2008 9:33 am

:D :!:

@Sigi:

Check your donations.....I think you may be there now !!!

We know you matter :!:

galileo

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon May 12, 2008 12:20 pm

There is plenty now. :) Thank you to everyone! I have purchased a new "Owned" license and also a new plugin for the forum to help in the development of the programs. I am awaiting dreamhost to reactivate the forum. I don't know what is taking so long. :(

We should be back up and running soon. With the extra money from donations I am in talks with HJW and HJK for a new website for http://SiginetSoftware.com which will be a frontpage for all of the different apps created at SiginetSoftware and a great place for tips & tutorials on ways to use the software. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Tue May 13, 2008 11:14 am

Well.. we're still waiting on dreamhost. :( They told me to email vbulletin and have vb send an email to dreamhost that my board is now legit. But Dreamhost is taking their sweet time. :(

I'd really like to change hosts sometime soon if I can find a more reliable one. My email through dreamhost doesn't work half of the time... and I use them for a few of the companies I take care of.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu May 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Update:
Read first post in this thread again.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Thu May 15, 2008 7:02 pm

i'm just curious about something. why doesnt SiginetSoftware and ryanvm merge to form one super-mega-forum? seems to me that the integrator was made for the rvm packs(or was it the other way around?). i dunno, just curious i guess, since both seem to be made for each other

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Thu May 15, 2008 7:41 pm

There are some advantages of keeping some things separate. If Ryan's forum ever went down, Siginet's would be one additional place we could turn to in the meantime.

Another example: I don't have a cell phone, so though it's tempting sometimes, I won't combine my internet and phone because if my internet goes down, how would I call the cable company???

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri May 16, 2008 12:31 am

Webhost4life.com has super and I mean super hosting, plus its very affordable.

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Fri May 16, 2008 1:14 am

[quote="roirraW "edor""]There are some advantages of keeping some things separate. If Ryan's forum ever went down, Siginet's would be one additional place we could turn to in the meantime.

Another example: I don't have a cell phone, so though it's tempting sometimes, I won't combine my internet and phone because if my internet goes down, how would I call the cable company???[/quote]

but there are also advantages of combining.. i'm too tired to list, but people would already know what they are anyway. ryanvm and Siginet software seems to go hand in hand etc etc . anyway, just a thought/ponder/question on my part.

also there are still pay phone out there.. well in some places :D

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Fri May 16, 2008 1:47 am

ccl0 wrote:i'm just curious about something. why doesnt SiginetSoftware and ryanvm merge to form one super-mega-forum? seems to me that the integrator was made for the rvm packs(or was it the other way around?). i dunno, just curious i guess, since both seem to be made for each other
Instead of doing a *direct* combining, maybe what needs to happen is something more like just a similar theme/forum or even better a shared login for both sites.

The similar theme (color scheme) or similar forum (style and/or navigation) could be achieved with a direct collaboration on the actual forum software or at least the style sheets for each.

A shared login would allow a user to register at only *one* forum, but would allow posting on both sides. Obviously there would be some security to work out (prevention of duplicates, allowing for timely updates, actual implementation), but it *could* be possible. It would still allow both sides to be "somewhat" independent of each other while giving users simplified 'pseudo'-integration.

Anyway, these were ideas I just thought up out of the blue. Nothing required, just ideas.
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

nomadturk

Post by nomadturk » Fri May 16, 2008 11:59 am

You should check Servage.net
Cheap and as good as DreamHost, maybe better...

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri May 16, 2008 12:02 pm

They are seperate only becase I wanted a forum where I could support all of my utilities. It would be nice to be able to share memberships... but I don't know how possible that is. RyanVM's site is the main support forum for the integrator but my forum allows for info/support for all of the programs I have made.

BTW I was browsing around for ways to share via bit torrent and I came accross:
www.movedigital.com

Anyone have experiance with this? It allows the user to upload files to the host and share them as bit torrent files or direct links.

Their biggest plan is about $500 a year. Which is not bad. It only allows for 10GB of space / 2000GB Transfer ... but that should be enough room for a ton of addons. What do you guys think?

I'm gonna check out webhost4life. Thanks Kel. :)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri May 16, 2008 12:20 pm

I really like how webhost4life sounds. I am thinking about going with them. Their premium Microsoft hosting plan seems like a resonable offer. I'm thinking maybe them plus movedigital (for bit torrent).

Any other ideas?

BTW we currently have $368 in our funding so far. Thanks to all that have donated. :D
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Fri May 16, 2008 1:40 pm

crashfly wrote:
ccl0 wrote:i'm just curious about something. why doesnt SiginetSoftware and ryanvm merge to form one super-mega-forum? seems to me that the integrator was made for the rvm packs(or was it the other way around?). i dunno, just curious i guess, since both seem to be made for each other
Instead of doing a *direct* combining, maybe what needs to happen is something more like just a similar theme/forum or even better a shared login for both sites.

The similar theme (color scheme) or similar forum (style and/or navigation) could be achieved with a direct collaboration on the actual forum software or at least the style sheets for each.

A shared login would allow a user to register at only *one* forum, but would allow posting on both sides. Obviously there would be some security to work out (prevention of duplicates, allowing for timely updates, actual implementation), but it *could* be possible. It would still allow both sides to be "somewhat" independent of each other while giving users simplified 'pseudo'-integration.

Anyway, these were ideas I just thought up out of the blue. Nothing required, just ideas.

those seem like good ideas to me. and thats actually kinda what i had been thinking when i asked.. well not that detailed in my thoughts, but i had just been thinking of how to have.. hmm better ...hmm integration(heh) for lack of a better word.

or i wonder if there would be a way to synchronize the help forum for example. like if someone posted the question on Siginet's forum, it would also show up here as well etc. so instead of have two sources with separate information, there would be two forums sharing the same information. that way both sites could still keep their independence, yet also combine in certain aspects. this would possibly cut down on redundancy on the questions, and also maybe provide better help/greater knowledge base. and also if this forum went down, you could still go to the other forum(like in your phone example :D )

Joe S

Post by Joe S » Fri May 16, 2008 5:22 pm

The forum is now open again :D
Joe

djkc

Post by djkc » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:41 pm

Sorry to bump a somewhat older thread, but in this case it seemed related. Are the Siginet forums fully working? I tried today and a week or so ago, both times I was unable to register a new account there. Got stuck on the captcha verification, tried filling in a dozen times each with Opera and IE on both days. Every time it says I entered the image incorrectly and can't continue the registration.

Alternatively is there a better source to ask questions related to OEMScan?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:57 pm

sorry djkc. My forums got screwed up pretty bad when dreamhost removed it. :( I haven't had time to fix it yet. I am in the process of moving to a new host and I plan on fixing it soon. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician