Slipstreaming Post OFFICE XP SP3 program??

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
pen25jf

Slipstreaming Post OFFICE XP SP3 program??

Post by pen25jf » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi there,

yeah, Office XP is ancient, but it's all I got =/.

Yes, I've tried and used this method http://www.petri.co.il/office_xp_sp_slipstreaming.htm , which worked fine for SP3, but for the updates, I ran Microsoft update and it showed 28 updates needed (yikes!).

I followed it and there were no errors, but I got that message!!. 28 as of June 2008.

I remember Autopatcher had a slipstreamer for the updates (correct me if I'm wrong?) - Is there a program out there that automates this process, like slipstreaming XP updates??? It's quite tedious for all the updates and then to see I've done something wrong makes me want to go to the bloated Open Office (which isn't all that bad!!)

Thanks!!

:D

XIII

Post by XIII » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:42 pm

Microsoft Update has a strange (wrong) way for detecting Office updates (only checking registry entries, not real files on the system).

Please check again with Office Update!

Slipstreamer: Office 2000/XP/2000 slipstreamer
We are one, but we are not the same... Talk to each other!

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:53 pm

I've actually been working with benners on the latest Beta of The Office Integrator here:
http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386

It has support for Office XP and no longer has a need for any database.

The next upcomming release will have support for Direct Integration of Office 2003 which will allow people to Slipstream ServicePacks and Hotfixes the way Microsoft should have done it. It will directly overwrite older files and recompress the cabs saving you TONS of space so that your Office Suite can all fit on one cd. :D Direct integration won't work for Office XP (at least not yet) but you can Slipstream the original way except the OI will make sure that the correct reg entries are installed to please Microsoft Update. ;)

There have been many users of my forum chipping in to help us find the best method possible for integrating ServicePacks/Hotfixes into an Office Suite. Years of knowledge packed into one tiny little tool.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

pen25jf

Post by pen25jf » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:21 am

Sweetness, thank you!!! :D

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:35 pm

Am eagerly waiting the end result of your excellent work.

After using the Ryan Integrator for a while I expect the Office Integrator end result should be well worth the wait. :D

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:57 pm

Yeah I kind of put Office Integrator on the back burner for a while since after releasing it -mara from msfn released his Office Slipstreamer. So I haven't put the time into updating it till now. Actually benners did most of the coding of the latest version. Which is very impressive. He added all of the features I aimed to add to it in the beginning but never got around to it. And to top it off he has added many other new features that I never thought of adding. But what is so great about this release is the Direct Integration. Which is based on what the RVM Integrator does. Which doesn't follow the classic microsoft method of integration and saves much more space on the final product. :D
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

pen25jf

Post by pen25jf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:51 am

Siginet,

forgot to mention: I don't have the Office XP CD anymore, I copied it onto a drive, which has SP3 already slipstreamed into it, as well as some updates. Will this cause any major problems?

Should I start with the first update post-SP3, or go ahead from where I left off (I kept a list of updates I integrated, but from my first post I wasn't sure if I was doing it right or not.

Thanks.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:25 pm

It's allways reccommended to start fresh. The main issue I think you may have is the hotfixes you allready integrated may not show up on MU. So what you should do is make sure you re-integrate those hotfixes as well. So download every Post-SP3 hotfix needed and let me know how it goes. :) I have a feeling it will work out ok. ;)

Oh and benners created a very nice manual that goes with this so be sure to grab it and put it in the same dir as the OI. There is a great section in it that lists all of the hotfixes you need to download when he created the manual.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

pen25jf

Post by pen25jf » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:02 am

Siginet wrote:It's allways reccommended to start fresh. The main issue I think you may have is the hotfixes you allready integrated may not show up on MU. So what you should do is make sure you re-integrate those hotfixes as well. So download every Post-SP3 hotfix needed and let me know how it goes. :) I have a feeling it will work out ok. ;)

Oh and benners created a very nice manual that goes with this so be sure to grab it and put it in the same dir as the OI. There is a great section in it that lists all of the hotfixes you need to download when he created the manual.
Sweetness, thanks dude. Do you think I should run SP3 again over it just in case, or would that be going backwards too much??

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:01 pm

Hmmmm... Maybe. You might be able to get away without SP3. Basically you will have to do a trial and error. Just make sure you at least keep a copy of your original files.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

XIII

Post by XIII » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:18 pm

Would anyone be so kind to PM me working links to this software?

I've tried registering, but the forum over there keeps complaining that I entered the wrong 6 characters (which I did not - at least in 80% of the cases). This happens both with FF3 and IE7.

I've already PM'd Siginet, but unfortunately did not receive a reply yet.

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:05 pm

might also find some useful info here http://www.msfn.org/board/Microsoft-Off ... -f116.html

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:11 pm

XIII wrote:Would anyone be so kind to PM me working links to this software?

I've tried registering, but the forum over there keeps complaining that I entered the wrong 6 characters (which I did not - at least in 80% of the cases). This happens both with FF3 and IE7.

I've already PM'd Siginet, but unfortunately did not receive a reply yet.
Sorry about that. :( Dreamhost messed my forums up and I am in the process of transfering the forums over to another host. I had some unexpected things happen recently which slowed down the process. I'll try to get something working this weekend if possible.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

XIII

Post by XIII » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:03 pm

Siginet wrote:Sorry about that. :( Dreamhost messed my forums up and I am in the process of transfering the forums over to another host. I had some unexpected things happen recently which slowed down the process. I'll try to get something working this weekend if possible.
Ah, I'll try to be patient then...