Suggested Donations!

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
dkreifus

Suggested Donations!

Post by dkreifus » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:25 am

Ryan is doing a fantastic job with all these updates. Of course donations are voluntary, but I'd like to recommend that everyone donate an amount everytime there is a new new release...

Like, for the last upgrade, 1.0.5, give $10-$15. I know everyone cant afford it, we all have to work. But give him something to make it keep happening.

I will personally try to give $15 every new release, and then $5-$10 each month otherwise that there isn't a release.

I can't promise..but if we all contribute something, it will help Ryan keep the site up, and keep these packs coming.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:16 pm

wow, that's extremely generous of you :)

Of course, nobody is ever under any obligation to donate money to me. However, donations will help in me being able to get a better host so the whole hosting situation is less of a pain in the arse. As it stands right now, I'm using about 50-60GB of transfer a month (and that's certainly going to go up as the downloads become larger), and my current host gives me 20GB. I've worked around this by hosting the FTP site on my own personal connection (yes, my university has a ridiculously fast pipe), however, I'll be moving off campus at the end of June.

I've had a few people offer me mirrors, which I could very well end up taking advantage of, but for the obvious sake of simplicity, it would be easiest to have everything on one site.

So, thanks again if you do choose to donate. It'll go to good use. If you don't, it's cool, though.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357