Need help... Future developement of RVM Integrator.

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Siginet
Site Admin

Need help... Future developement of RVM Integrator.

Post by Siginet » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:12 pm

Well... with all of the new issues created by Windows XP SP3 and integrations... and a lot of things going on in my personal life at the time... I am not sure how much support I will be able to give with the RVM Integrator. :(

As most of you may know the American Economy has really been hit hard this year. It has caused many small businesses (like my own) to have a very rough time. I am starting to turn things around... but it is making me have to concentrate a lot more on things in my personal life and is taking me away from coding on some of my programs.

For the most part RVM Integrator v1.5.4 is finished... but I am not sure if it fixes all of the SP3 problems or not. It seems everytime I think it is fixed I notice something not working correctlly... for no reason that I can figure out. My latest multiboot disk I created seemed to be fine with XP Pro... but I had issues with XP home. I'm not sure if the issue was related to my beta integrator or one of the addons or updatepack I used. Also I still haven't figured out a way to slipstream Media Center with SP3... which really depresses me. :(

The RVM Integrator is a program that has taken A LOT of my time to create. I don't want to give up on it... but I need help. I need some people who are willing to attempt to learn my coding structure and try to help develope it. If no one really decides to seriouslly help me then I am afraid that I may discontinue developement of it.

This goes for some of my other projects as well. So if you have some good experiance in Autoit and want to help with one of my programs... please let me know.

benners has taken up the task of the upcomming release of the Office Integrator and has done an awesome job on it. Hopefully I will find some others out there who have as much of a passion for one of my other utilities.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:56 pm

That is indeed tough news. Sometimes it's difficult to remember that we all have real lives outside of these forums. I've sent some $$ your way through Paypal. I'm sorry it can't be more. Good luck my friend. :)
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:10 pm

if i wasnt half retarded and knew how to code, i'd volunteer in a heartbeat

bober101

Post by bober101 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:20 pm

well us retards can still test if the need arises.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

crashfly

Re: Need help... Future developement of RVM Integrator.

Post by crashfly » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:07 am

Siginet wrote:The RVM Integrator is a program that has taken A LOT of my time to create. I don't want to give up on it... but I need help. I need some people who are willing to attempt to learn my coding structure and try to help develope it. If no one really decides to seriouslly help me then I am afraid that I may discontinue developement of it.

This goes for some of my other projects as well. So if you have some good experiance in Autoit and want to help with one of my programs... please let me know.
It would seem that I lack experience in the programming in Autoit. *However*, I am willing to learn. I do know how to program, and I have learned that many programming languages are similar. As long as one has a good grasp of *how* to program, all one really needs to do is just learn the syntax of the language. That being said, I would be glad to help develop the Integrator if you need help Siginet. Just point me to a basic tutorial on Autoit, and then tell me what I need do to help you.
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:47 am

I'm sorry to hear this Siginet. I have to say that I saw this coming several weeks ago. I think the problems caused by SP3 as well as Ryans apparent lack of interest (or lack of spare time) is also big factor too.

But anyway, I wish I could help you, but I have no idea about programming... I would make a comment now, and say that maybe you should make the RVMI open source, and just be the lead-developer of the project.

I wish you the best of luck in everything you do Sigi. :)

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Stimpy wrote:I'm sorry to hear this Siginet. I have to say that I saw this coming several weeks ago. I think the problems caused by SP3 as well as Ryans apparent lack of interest (or lack of spare time) is also big factor too.

But anyway, I wish I could help you, but I have no idea about programming... I would make a comment now, and say that maybe you should make the RVMI open source, and just be the lead-developer of the project.

I wish you the best of luck in everything you do Sigi. :)
Actually open sourcing is sort of what I aim to do. Basically anyone who is intersted in taking on the task will be given access to the source code.

@crashfly I will contact you soon and give you access to the source. I hope you will be able to learn the code and help.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

techtype

Post by techtype » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:09 pm

Siginet:

I am good in Autoit and have time to help find fixes for specific, reproducible bugs now. I may have time in the future for development

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:27 pm

if there where more volunteers that could help adding new features that would make a great difference ..
but to help keep things in proportion the code needs to first be reviewed! namely to serve solving current issues...like techtype hinted

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:03 pm

Siginet: I have been programming for 35 years, but have just started playing with Autoit. As Crashfly says, the basic programming languages are similar enough that I feel sure I can get up to speed fairly quickly. Let me know if you feel there is anything of benefit that I can add to the situation. I'm semi retired, so I have some time available. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers and Regards.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:25 pm

@crashfly, techtype and bphlpt

You all have access to the Integrator Developement forum at SiginetSoftware Forums.

I will be posting the latest source code soon. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

techtype

Post by techtype » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:06 pm

Siginet wrote:@crashfly, techtype and bphlpt

You all have access to the Integrator Developement forum at SiginetSoftware Forums.

Thanks, sounds good. Although I am either too dumb or underprivileged to see the Integrator Development forum.

Edit: I got smarter overnight - I can see the forum now!
Last edited by techtype on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:21 pm

Siginet wrote:@crashfly, techtype and bphlpt

Thank you Siginet. I will investigate into the development.

Looks like fun though. :wink:
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:00 am

Thanks Siginet. I went to your site first tonight and I wondered why I had access to the Integrator Development forum! Looking forward to playing with the code, learning something, and contributing.

Cheers and Regards.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:42 pm

Stimpy wrote:as well as Ryans apparent lack of interest (or lack of spare time) is also big factor too.
I wouldn't call it lack of interest. We're just having an exceptionally wonderful summer here and I'm enjoying every minute of it :)
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:49 pm

I know a little InnoSetup, but haven't really played with AutoIt.

I don't know how different they are, but I'd be willing to give it a try either way.

(Hey, I didn't know SQUAT about switchless installers a year ago. Now, I make my own packs, so...)

:wink:

bober101

Post by bober101 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:15 am

its like comparing bananas and code.
XP theme source patcher

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:03 am

RyanVM wrote:
Stimpy wrote:as well as Ryans apparent lack of interest (or lack of spare time) is also big factor too.
I wouldn't call it lack of interest. We're just having an exceptionally wonderful summer here and I'm enjoying every minute of it :)
Sounds great to me Ryan, it's been an amazing summer here in Denmark too, but now I'm spending much of my time at language school, learning Dansk! It's pouring down with rain today, so I hope for a good weekend, and maybe get the old BBQ going! :wink:

bober101

Post by bober101 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:06 am

here in canada (quebec) were havign record rain falls,i dont realy like blistering sunny days so i guess its ok with me.
XP theme source patcher

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:59 pm

Southern California is buring up - both with heat and a fire locally in the Cajon Pass.

Boy we could sue some of that rain others are having? :D

Joe S

Help Needed

Post by Joe S » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:59 pm

"I wouldn't call it lack of interest. We're just having an exceptionally wonderful summer here and I'm enjoying every minute of it"

Ryan
Enjoy it! ! We've had kind of a mediocre summer here I'm glad somebody has had good weather and can enjoy it.
Joe

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:33 am

... there is a wish list for integrator

http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/showth ... 9#post3929

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:24 pm

bumpage ^^^

Jamshed_11946

ryan i am new but i can help u

Post by Jamshed_11946 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:42 pm

Ryan.I have very disappointed about your this notification.I have never coded any programmed but i have passion.Can you give me code?