Off topic as Off topic goes OS menu boot options?

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Darkprophecy

Off topic as Off topic goes OS menu boot options?

Post by Darkprophecy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:23 pm

I know you can use certain buil tin features of windows xp to allow the use of a menu system at boot up to select an OS, safemode etc but i was wondering if there was a way means or program to do this with a bit more style? ideally i would like upon boot up instead of the shoddy looking os boot screen something more stylish with a background nice fonts etc something customiseable... Is this possible? if so how.

I would be really interested in finding out about this and google isnt being very helpful lol

bober101

Post by bober101 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:37 pm

partition magic may work,is has the ability to create a small partition that will act as boot manager.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:48 pm

As far as boot loaders go, I'm only aware of Das U-Boot, GRUB and LILO. I've only used GRUB with Ubuntu Linux, but I wasn't dual booting the machine and I didn't set it up myself.

Given that it's loaded before the OS, I don't think you'll find one that can do anything outside of ANSI color-coded text in the system default font.

Darkprophecy

Post by Darkprophecy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:48 pm

Cool thanks guys il check the linksout and see what they look like.