mister peel kindness

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
neuropass

mister peel kindness

Post by neuropass » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:23 pm

hey guys i got a PM from mr Peel after i send this to him 1 month ago (more or less)

neuropass wrote:
Moderator Edit: PM contents removed.

Here his answer:
Moderator Edit: PM contents removed.

I really think this is a bit exaggerate... Don't you guys think?
this is really absurd.. is this the type o welcome for new users???????

I think that all these kind of person like mr peel and a lot other present on the forum like MSF.... etc think to be the best and snobby =... but they have to remember that they are been answered as its time... i'm really speechless....

bober101

Post by bober101 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:12 pm

well SHE is a MRS and not a MR.lol
but i admit her response is a bit harsh..prolly has soemthing to do with her personal life.i herd she is having a hard time.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

Happy-Dude

Post by Happy-Dude » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:18 pm

Sorry man, with all due respect, I do believe she's been having a little trouble (try to understand the situation).

Perhaps, if you really need the DAMN NFO viewer, request it or try and figure out how to make it yourself.

And again: Mrs Peel's state of affairs. -- http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6291

neuropass

Post by neuropass » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:41 pm

ops... it's her!!

ok guys i can understand a difficult life situation... but this is a forum not a life scenario!! do you know what i mean???!!! i didn't ask her anything personal!! just an addon that her made!!!

anyway i resolved that "issue" someone has suggested me to use jane... so i did... thanks guys , i just wanted you to know this absurd answer...

and if mrs peel is reading this post , sorry if i offended your integrity asking you something with forum relate that you were sharing!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: take it easy dude!! 8) 8)

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:12 pm

Unfortunatley, there are quite a few of the users here that regard most of us the same way.

I think she seemed to be very aggressive towards you (assuming that you posted your PM to her in it's entirity) but again, her personal life is difficult for her, so its best to leave her alone.

XIII

Post by XIII » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:51 pm

Just a thought: perhaps it would have been polite to keep the contents of the PM just what the "P" stands for: private?

What positive thing are you trying to achieve by posting it here?
We are one, but we are not the same... Talk to each other!

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:58 pm

XIII wrote:What positive thing are you trying to achieve by posting it here?
Exactly. Her response is completely irrelevant as far as I am concerned because it was a Private Message. And personally I've pretty much had it with people PMing me about things that are documented in FAQs, in the first one or two hits of a simple Google search, or where the answer would benefit more than just the person asking the question. At this point I simply ignore them.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm

Something tells me that Mrs. Peels 'problems' go deeper than whatever health difficulties she's having.

Her tone of voice is generally much the same.

There. I said it.

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:51 pm

if new users would take the time to read than most of these situations would not exist especially in this case. the user read enough to know mrs peel made an addon but then to PM and share it's contents .... hmmmmm bad taste - if they read a little more they would have come across mrs peel's current situation and would have never bothered!

your problems are not ours.
these forums are for each of us to help each other and not bash.
perhaps if an addon link was "dead" you could have posted in that thread and maybe someone that had downloaded it before would have helped.

neuropass

Post by neuropass » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:27 pm

hey guys take it easy ok..?!? i posted that the addon wasn't available, so somebody told me to look for mrs peel... so i did in a polite way... then i received that message and i posted it. because it's just ABSURD an answer like that. this situation is in every forum, start to msfn... go there and try to ask anything, you'll find 45 viewer and 0 answer... how come all these genius people and 0 answer???!!! wow, that's because you are a newbie, so they don't bother to answer you. is it right??? yes it is... PM means to ask something directly to somebody... so i wasn't knock at her or his house door, was i???? maybe a private way would have bee sent him an email at his private email but not on the frum....that answer is a " bad taste"
because it's a free forum it's not private right??? so there is no reason to defend the rudeness...

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:33 pm

neuropass wrote:because it's a free forum it's not private right??? so there is no reason to defend the rudeness...
You're correct, there is no reason to defend your rudeness.

And remember, these forums may be "free" or "open to the public", but when someone visits my forum (which this is not), I feel as though they are a guest visiting my home.

neuropass

Post by neuropass » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:05 pm

wow so you treat your guest like this?? cool... ya, ok never mind. it's a lost battle. it will never change. i didn't start to offend people.. you did , mrs peel did...

code65536

Post by code65536 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:29 am

Was her response unnecessarily harsh? Yes. Was she out of line as a result? Probably. Were you out of line for airing a private matter publicly? Probably. This is between you and her, so keep it that way. And here's a tip for survival online: when someone offends you, just ignore them. You'd be amazed how many headaches you can avoid with that (a lesson that, apparently, both sides would do well to learn).
My addons: CmdOpen - HashCheck - Notepad2 - MS Runtimes - DirectX

Into the breach, meatbags!

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:05 am

code65536 wrote: This is between you and her, so keep it that way.
QFT.

If you have a problem with a member of this forum, neuropass, please contact an administrator or moderator. Making a public spectacle of a private matter is inappropriate and immature.