WPA, WPA2 and XP SP3 Issue

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Broly10000

WPA, WPA2 and XP SP3 Issue

Post by Broly10000 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:13 pm

Any of you having problems with WPA type encryption problems? Basically i have no problems with SP2, but on SP3 it gets stuck on Acquirin Network Address and disconnecting loop. Everybody says that it is fixed by updating the Wireless card driver, but i have done this and still no go. Basically I'/m having this problem with a Belking Wireless G V4 USB card that is supposed to support WEP, WPA and WPA2, and a Netgear W111 V2 and V3, with latest drivers, all the problems only present on SP3, but perfectly working on SP2. Tried with the Updatepack from August and from september, tried rebuilding my SP3 cd, and using the ISO from Technet, all with the same results. Any Ideas on what should I do next?? I have a Vista SP1 computer working fine on the router with WPA2 and WPA. Thanks In advanced!!!

SHO_GuN

Post by SHO_GuN » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:36 pm

Yes, I have that problem also on my wife's desktop.

It doesn't always stay stuck on acquiring network address, but does around 90% of the time.

The good news is that I haven't seen any negative effect as a result of this.

I think I will look to see if new drivers have been released for her wireless card.

Broly10000

Post by Broly10000 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:22 pm

I'm out of luck, no new drivers for me. I dont know what else to do other than Stay on SP2 or upgrade to vista. Calling the belking and Netgear wouldnt hurt neither, but i teste myWEP with 128bit and was able to crack it in 5 minutes, so not a good sign. Even while Not Broadcasting the SSID, and MAC filtering.

In my case, it never connects, it recicles between disconnecting and getting the IP address, it receives packets but doesnt send.

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:21 pm

try updating the firmware? if its an issue with the hardware there might be something about it on their website

Broly10000

Post by Broly10000 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:41 am

checked that already, looks like belking and netgear are not going to update the drivers on the older adapter, looks like i'm going to have to stick with WEP wich is like having nothing, or upgrading to N cards. Thank you for the sujestion. Found something about replacing the 3 dll related to the wireless with sp2 files but did the same. Look like by M$ trying to make te WPA better they screwed it up for SP3