other uses for ryans integrator

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
rfwoodwork

other uses for ryans integrator

Post by rfwoodwork » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:30 pm

I have a cad program that has a update to it, my question is can I use the ryan integrator to integrate the update into the original program, or are there any other reccomendations?

redxii

Post by redxii » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:56 pm

RyanVM Integrator is only designed for integrating stuff into Windows. Now, you could have the program install alongside Windows and include the update via a switchless installer if you want to read up on how to do that.

rfwoodwork

Post by rfwoodwork » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:00 pm

I was hoping that I could integrate the update patch into the original program, just in case I should ever have to reinstall the program by itself.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:25 pm

Hmmm... that's an idea for another program. ;)

A program that can understand instructions in an entries file to add updates to any type of program. :D

Basically it wouldn't work on any program... because some programs just can't be updated like the integrator updates windows. But it is an idea that could maybe be worked on later.

i wouldn't want to code it myself though. If someone thinks it could be done and wants to help make it... I'm all for it. :)

Me Benners and -mara have allready made a tool based on the RVMi which works for Microsoft Office Products. ;)

Siginet's Office Integrator:
http://siginetsoftware.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software