How does one control what gets listed in the wallpaper listb

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
marzsyndrome

How does one control what gets listed in the wallpaper listbox?

Post by marzsyndrome » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:53 pm

You know the listbox in "Display Properties > Desktop" where you choose out of a list of wallpapers? Well I noticed that should you select any jpg in "My Pictures" it'll list anything in that folder in future, and I would like to reverse this. However, going through the registry, I can find no setting or key that controls this list, and adjusting or deleting a few odd wallpaper-related settings changes nothing. I don't know if it's all stored in a file of sorts, but I can't really be bothered to scour through all my folders working out which one.

I'm using XP SP3, just before anyone confuses me with instructions or windows that relate only to Vista or 7. All help on solving this matter is appreciated, thanks.

roirraWedorehT

Post by roirraWedorehT » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:05 pm

You can try the information on this website to see if it helps, I don't have time to test it right now (I was testing a more convoluted method before I resorted to googling :)

Change Default Wallpaper Folder to My Pictures on Windows XP.

Obviously, you're not wanting to change it to the My Pictures folder like described, but perhaps you can make a subfolder called "My Pictures\Wallpapers" and point it to that?
Gigabyte case GZ-FA2CA-AJB
Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P with Realtek High Definition Audio
HIS Radeon HD 4850 512MB
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.3GHz
Corsair 4GB DDR2-6400 4-4-4-12
4x1TB SATA RAID 0+1/2x640GB SATA RAID 0/Misc. PATA
Windows 7 x64