Logo creation contest...

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Siginet
Site Admin

Logo creation contest...

Post by Siginet » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Hey Everyone,
Long time no see! some of you may remember me and I'm sure some of you don't. ;)

I'm looking for some skilled / creative graphics artists to help create a Logo for my new software company.
I will pay at least $100 to anyone who creates a logo I end up using. The amount depends on how much we like it and how much we can afford. But also this will open doors for us to possibly use the invested money through you as well for other graphical needs. Of course you are the graphic designer... so if you feel we should pay you more then by all means quote me a price and I will see if it fits our budget. But I am hoping that with the help I have done in the past here that others may want to help me as well.

The new company name is: IT techware
The type of software we will be offering is basically going to be marketed as a Virtual Technician. It's a program I have been working on for many years.
We need a logo to use for the company. Something that we will be able to use on all of our advertiseing. It will basically be the face for the company.

I have allready picked up an investor and a marketing firm to help me market the software.
If anyone here has any ideas on ways to help me market this product please let me know as well. If you have any connections with review sites, magazines, radio and so on it would be a great help! I know there is some of you in here. :)

It would be really great to find some graphic artists in here willing to help me. I think this new software will be a huge success and I will need talented graphic designers I can trust. The logo is only the beginning.

Thanks MSFN, The RyanVM community and anyone else who is involved! You have done a lot of great things for me!
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:13 pm

OH... and I will also give a free 1 yr membership to the software as well to those of you who submit any logos we even consider using.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

armond

Post by armond » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:34 pm

I believe that HJW could help you:
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/profile.php ... ile&u=2815
Also... Who can forget you, The creator of the RVM Integrator!

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:50 pm

Sig,

I wish I had the skills... it would be my pleasure to give back and show my appreciation... good luck in your search.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:16 am

I can draw stick figures in funny poses! But that's the extent of my artistic capabilities.
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:34 am

Personally, I think that your avatar matches pretty well to what I understand the purpose of your software is.

Cheers and Regards

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Thanks for the reply's everyone. :) It shows me you guys do care. Even if you aren't able to help. :)

If you have any other connections which may help me advertise please contact me too. I plan to merge Siginet Software into the new company as well. Plus my partner thinks it would be smart if I spent some time updating my previous programs as well. Of course they will remain free. ;) This is great news though since I have not had much time to work on any of my previous programs. Now I will be able to make them part of my job. I plan to also help OnePiece on his new Windows 7 type of integrator as well. I want to help bring life back into our community again where I can. Since windows 7's release the RVM Integrators popularity has slowly dwindled. So now it's time to concentrate on Windows 7.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:47 pm

whats the file format that you want for logo submissions?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:39 am

any file format should be fine.

If I pick your logo I'd preffer PSD or some high end logo format. :)

Thanks for asking!
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:40 am

I'm staying out of it but I'd recommend some sort of vector-based graphic rather than pixel-based since it would scale better without blockiness.
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:14 pm

Siginet wrote:any file format should be fine.

If I pick your logo I'd preffer PSD or some high end logo format. :)

Thanks for asking!
Logos generally should be *.SVG or some other vector format. *.AI would be the Adobe Illustrator extension.

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:30 pm

If you don't get any bites, you might consider giving this site a try: http://logotournament.com/

Their questionnaire is great. Even if you don't use them to get your logo done, you should at least take all of the questions they ask into consideration and formulate a more illustrator-centric idea of what you want. In other words, it would be helpful if you could somehow answer those questions in this thread.

I'm not an illustrator, otherwise I would give this a shot, particularly because you've been so helpful to the community.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:18 am

@dumpydooby that is an excelent site! Thanks I will try that!
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:48 pm

If anyones interested and seeing our logo tournament you can check it out here:
http://logotournament.com/contests/it_techware
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:50 am

If you don't get as many bites as you'd have liked, it might be because of Thanksgiving.

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:35 am

I checked out the entries so far over at logotournament. Some of them are quite good. For nostalga's sake, I personally would like to see your avatar incorporated somehow. If only I had any kind of artistic skill beyond stick figures, and bad ones at that, ....

It's interesting to watch the progress.

Cheers and Regards

=[FEAR]=JIGSAW

Post by =[FEAR]=JIGSAW » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:21 pm

WoW

The "client ranking" is stop-on ;)
"hitman" must just add the "your virtual technician" to his uploads ... #18 will then also look a lot better :idea:

dumpydooby

Post by dumpydooby » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:31 am

You should ask the designer of your first place pick if he can whip up a three-color image as well (so you'd have two logos, with one more "simple" than the other), similar to Entry #124, #125, #129, and #130, but with the shape and layout of your top pick. The reason is because restricted color logos are useful for embroidery, vinyl cutouts, screen printing, signage etc. You most likely won't be able to use a gradient with these mediums. A two-tone one like Entry #128 would actually be ideal for the most difficult of mediums.

Not sure if you've gone through this process before, so apologize if you've already taken these things into consideration.

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:45 pm

of the ones remaining i think i like this one the most http://c0024708.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspa ... 81-223.jpg

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:38 pm

I liked that one too. But we decided to go with this one:
http://c0024708.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspa ... 02-223.jpg

The designer did give us a bunch of different layouts. :)

Thanks!
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician