win7 sp1 sucks.

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
yumeyao

win7 sp1 sucks.

Post by yumeyao » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:00 am

the items on start menu(the first level, not items under 'all programs') now support "drag'n'drop to pin", but our intelligent Microsoft engineers even don't know Debouncing.

Debouncing is that when checking keyboard or mouse actions, it must allow for undesired keyboard actions due to bounces, or slight move action during clicking mouse buttons(from button down to up).

As a result, I always occasionally 'pin' some items on start menu, just because there's a great chance I move the mouse slightly during clicking.

So now is the question:
Does anyone know that someone third-party or micro$oft itself has any patch on this issue?
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 pm

wireless mouse by any chance?

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Yes.

And I found another reason:
There are more and more apps supporting open file directly from start menu. And when the mouse pointer is on the app, a submenu opens listing out recent files. But if I am just clicking the mouse at the time the submenu expands, the app will not open. So I directly click for the second time, and since the mouse are already moving after the first click, then it becomes the scenario mentioned in this topic.

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:23 pm

This, and other annoyances, is why I use Classic Start menu - http://sourceforge.net/projects/classicshell/. Very configurable.

Cheers and Regards

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:35 pm

bphlpt wrote:This, and other annoyances, is why I use Classic Start menu - http://sourceforge.net/projects/classicshell/. Very configurable.

Cheers and Regards
I'll second these comments - when I initially installed Win7 I immediately started lokking for something/anything betetr than what had been provided as a start menu. :D

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:40 pm

I'm already in use of classicshell, but I prefer the modern start menu over the classic. And I mean the items of 'recent used programs'.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:49 pm

You can also try pulling back your double click speed in control panel|mouse

And the start menu behavior you aren't quite used to yet is also configurable.