IE to Start Automatic Upgrades across Windows

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:05 pm

-  Just give a standard-compliant fast browser to ALL Windows customers. Sadly, Microsoft cannot do that. IE9 could have been released with software/GDI rendering for XP.
-  Just create a customizable, non-dumbed down browser for Windows 7. Sadly, Microsoft cannot do that either. IE9 could have avoided all the dumbing down of the GUI and allowed adding back removed features like a search box, useful status bar indicators etc optionally but shipped streamlined by default.
Microsoft cannot give its IE customers what they want, only what it thinks is the best for them and then forces them to use it by obsoleting older platforms.
Can't agree more.
Despite safari and chrome don't give users too much choices and customization either, their designs are really acceptable compared to ie.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:52 pm

At least they say they will have Automatic Update Blocker toolkits available. Shame that's not the default mode, but automatically updating is probably best for Joe Blow Consumer. Me? I've pretty much switched to Chrome/Iron.

Cheers and Regards

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:02 am

☑ Kim Jong Il
☑ Khaddafi
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☑ Saddam Hussein
☐ Internet Explorer 6

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:34 am

LOL

Cheers and Regards