[Release] DriverGrabber 2.0 - One Click Driver Backup (Also

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:57 pm

user_hidden wrote:any news ?
Sorry for the delay. Beta 6 is online now. There have been a bunch of changes in the code to make DG run much faster and collect driver files better.

I think @user_hidden will enjoy this release. One of the great features in this version is that DriverGrabber checks an area in the registry to try to attemp to see if a Driver File was ever installed to the system. Which will help if DriverGrabber can not find a file listed in the inf file. If it isn't listed in the registry then DG will not try to search the drive for the file. Because if it isn't in the registry then more then likley it would be a waste of time for DG to search the drive for the file. Please test this version for me.

On a side note... I have a Data Backup Utility that I coded years ago but I only used it for my own internal use. I'm going to release it soon to the public. I've added DriverGrabber into my Data Backup utility as well. So it will be a handy Data Backup that will give the user the option to backup many of the main areas of a computer before they want to reinstall the system. Like My Docs, Favorites, Pictures, Music, Videos, Outlook, Firefox, Drivers, and more. I'll be adding many other features to it as well. I think it'll be a popular download to add to my aresenal! ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:11 pm

@ Siginet

sorry but beta 6 is a no go.
DriveSearch ON or OFF is same result....missing files !
beta 5 worked better.

like the addition of the overwrite directory and PNP options :)

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:01 pm

There will be missing files... since the files are not located on your computer anywhere. But it should grab all of your needed files. Plus it should not take 45 minutes to grab them with the new PNP options turned on. It should be grabbing the same files it grabs with the devcon version... is it not?
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:28 am

Siginet wrote:There will be missing files... since the files are not located on your computer anywhere. But it should grab all of your needed files. Plus it should not take 45 minutes to grab them with the new PNP options turned on. It should be grabbing the same files it grabs with the devcon version... is it not?

yes of course some files will be missing.
it does NOT grab the files the devcon version does.
beta6 is grabbing less files than previous betas!

here are the new logs
Last edited by user_hidden on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

tomasz86

Post by tomasz86 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:29 am

Beta 6 doesn't work for me. It detects many drivers but grabs only the first one of them.

Here is the logfile.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:55 pm

tomasz86 wrote:Beta 6 doesn't work for me. It detects many drivers but grabs only the first one of them.

Here is the logfile.
Hmmm... this must be an issue with Windows 2000 compatability.
If you are willing to help me we can get this issue worked out.

I'll see if I can get ahold of a Windows 2000 machine to test on.
The log is odd because it only shown 1 Grabbed Driver and 1 Skipped Driver... but it attempted to Grab multiple other Drivers.

Can you create a log with this version of DriverGrabber and post it here for me?

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Dr ... 70699160/1
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Beta 7 is online as well. I think it should fix all of user_hidden's issues. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Siginet wrote:Beta 7 is online as well. I think it should fix all of user_hidden's issues. ;)
Awesome....works perfect now :)

tomasz86

Post by tomasz86 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Siginet wrote: Can you create a log with this version of DriverGrabber and post it here for me?

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Dr ... 70699160/1
Here you are. I've also tried beta 7 but no difference. Before I tried beta 4 and it worked well.