Which pack has just all official updates and hotfixes? (no

Forum for anything else which doesn't fit in the above forums. Site feedback, random talk, whatever, are welcome.
cbowling816

Which pack has just all official updates and hotfixes? (no runtimes, etc)

Post by cbowling816 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:55 am

just wondering if there is a pack with all official updates and hotfixes?

if so i can slipstream that, and then get individual addons to add all the runtimes, directx, etc

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:03 pm

There are 3 stickied posts in this section you posted your question.
Read them!
Some heroes don't wear capes, they wear Kevlar and dog-tags!

ianymaty

Post by ianymaty » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Why are you opening a new thread with the same subject when you already have one opened by yourself? I just can't come it!

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9825

cbowling816

Post by cbowling816 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:32 pm

i have read the stickys, and they didnt answer my question
if they had then i would not have asked.

as for the other topic, it was asking about a pack including all updates, hotfixes, runtimes, and ms malware programs, this topic is asking about a pack including ONLY official updates and hotfixes, none of the other stuff.

not sure why nobody on this forum knows how to answer a simple question, i mean i thought forums were for people to help other people answer questions and solve problems, not direct people to other topics, which CLEARLY do not answer the question that was asked

ELiTE

Post by ELiTE » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:38 pm

cbowling816 wrote:not sure why nobody on this forum knows how to answer a simple question, i mean i thought forums were for people to help other people answer questions and solve problems, not direct people to other topics, which CLEARLY do not answer the question that was asked
Well. I'm sure this will draw lots of heat. Lot of guys on here think they know everything and the rest of us are a bunch of idiots. As much as I like this forum the attitude of some members pisses me off to no end.
Don't know what to tell you. I doubt things are going to change. You get used to it after a while. Ryan himself is a great guy and it's his site so in the end that's all that really matters. If I can ever be of service give me a yell or PM one of the other Mods as most of them have been around a long while and really know their stuff..... 8)
By downloading an ELiTE Switchless Installer Addon you, the End User, agree to abide by any Terms of Use prescribed by the Freeware App contained within.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:22 am

For all official hotfixes/updates you want this one.
XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack for Windows XP Post-SP3
There are only 2 updatepacks that are being updated on this forum, the above is the best in my opinion.
The other is stickied and made by Onepiece. It includes everything but the kitchen sink. You've been told all this before.

Fragbert

Post by Fragbert » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:15 am

mr_smartepants wrote:For all official hotfixes/updates you want this one.
XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack for Windows XP Post-SP3
There are only 2 updatepacks that are being updated on this forum, the above is the best in my opinion.
The other is stickied and made by Onepiece. It includes everything but the kitchen sink. You've been told all this before.

Aren't both update packs (onepiece and userhidden) updated in this subforum not "official" since they include QFE hotfixes instead of GDR updates released via windowsupdate?

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:23 am

Actually NONE of them are really official considering they DO NOT come from MS!

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:50 pm

This post has info about all the known update packs.
This post is where you can download Onepiece's updatepack creator and make your own.

pdl808

Post by pdl808 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:29 pm

Xable has a Windows XP post SP3 update pack containing all the high priority updates that appear on Windows Update after a clean install. It works with the RyanVM Integrator or nlite.
http://xable.net/xp-sp3-update-pack-download.html

nonno fabio

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:40 am

mr_smartepants wrote: This post is where you can download Onepiece's updatepack creator and make your own.
Please take note that Onepiece's updatepack creator can only make an identical Onepiece's updatepack with no customization. But it can make it in 24 different languages if you have got the needed localized hotfixes.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead