Problem creating iso disks

Forum to discuss Update Packs created by community members for the various Windows operating systems.
plk

Problem creating iso disks

Post by plk » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:07 am

Are there are precise instructions anywhere about what to do with the downloads SP4CD1-v2.iso and SP4CD2-v2.iso? I know what to do once I have them on a disk, but I have not succeeded in getting them on a disk.

I tried renaming what I downloaded to the .iso that I just mentioned (What I downloaded did not have an extension. The checksum was right.), but I have had no success in burning them to a DVD. I have tried three different programs and many different DVDs, but all I get are error messages right at the beginning. Am I doing something obvious that is wrong?

I've tried to download WindowsXP-USP4-v2-x86-ENU.exe seven times now. Mostly it has failed right away, twice it almost completed and then there was a "Network error."

Any help will be appreciated.

Should I do a repair reinstall from the original XPSP2 disc before installing SP4?

Thank you.

Phil King
Philip King

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:27 am

Try using a download manager and verify the MD5 checksums of the downloaded files.

plk

Post by plk » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:32 pm

harkaz wrote:Try using a download manager and verify the MD5 checksums of the downloaded files.
I did use a download manager. I successfully checked the checksums of the downloaded files. But I have not had any success burning them to a disk.

I did use a download manager to try to get the exe file. In fact I tried two different ones. One was free download manager, I do not remember what the other one was.
Philip King

harkaz

Post by harkaz » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:10 pm

What is the exact error you're getting when you're slipstreaming? Please attach a picture.