Stefan's Kanthak XP_FIXIT.INF in English

Forum to discuss Update Packs created by community members for the various Windows operating systems.
travma

Stefan's Kanthak XP_FIXIT.INF in English

Post by travma » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:44 pm

This is my first try, so you have to check and correct me. :rolleyes:

XP_FIXIT EN.INF mega's decryption key:
  • !eBbIL2ekZdq5JBjS2h2sSz22lJClIuAO78R7Fk6NALA

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:08 pm

I was able to download it fine ... now, what do I do with it?

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:29 pm

I just did a fresh install of WinXP. Started with XP Pro (sp0), used nLite to slipstream official sp3, "XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack_20151209", added drivers and some nLite tweaks selected, removed nothing. Nice install!

Upon first boot I right clicked this file, chose option "Installed", "XP_FIXIT EN.INF". it did it's thing, rebooted. All went flawlessly!!! Feels tight too!

travma

Post by travma » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:28 pm

I didn't know if the translation to English is correct, that's why I put it here. Maybe someone more experience would check the value of this inf.

GH0st

Post by GH0st » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:24 pm

I see, No, I did not evaluate this in that way. Just presumed it was correct and installed it. It did install, seems to be really nice. Not sure of translation. Hope someone can help with that question.

But My fresh install, just done few days ago, liked it alot!

Thanks for all the hard work!

pasito

Post by pasito » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:13 pm

yes thank you travma!!!
[Ctrl][Shift] go outside

avamk

Re: Stefan's Kanthak XP_FIXIT.INF in English

Post by avamk » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:13 pm

travma wrote:This is my first try, so you have to check and correct me. :rolleyes:

XP_FIXIT EN.INF mega's decryption key:
  • !eBbIL2ekZdq5JBjS2h2sSz22lJClIuAO78R7Fk6NALA
Thanks a bunch for posting this, been looking for it!

In the .inf, it says:
; Has to be placed as \XP_FIXIT.INF on a floppy disk in drive A:
; or as \$OEM$\$$\INF\XP_FIXIT.INF on the installation media.
;
; Needs the following entries in \WINNT.SIF on the floppy disk in drive A:
; or in \I386\WINNT.SIF on the installation media:
However, I can't seem to find those files and folders. How do I slipstream this .inf into my Windows XP SP3 ISO? Thanks!

avamk

Re:

Post by avamk » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:43 pm

GH0st wrote:I see, No, I did not evaluate this in that way. Just presumed it was correct and installed it. It did install, seems to be really nice. Not sure of translation. Hope someone can help with that question.

But My fresh install, just done few days ago, liked it alot!

Thanks for all the hard work!
Thanks a lot for your suggestions GH0st, I followed your tip in the other thread:
GH0st wrote:I have never done so ... but its too easy to just put it on the desktop, on first boot, right-click, INSTALL, reboot! So would take longer to do what you thinking ... so just manual install it.
I followed your suggestion and just did a clean install with XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack and the IE8 addon integrated (no other tweaks or removals). After booting for the first time, I right clicked on and selected "Install" for XP_FIXIT EN.INF but it didn't seem to do anything. I rebooted, and randomly checked some registry entries referred to in the .INF but they weren't there!

So next I tried to integrate the .INF anyway via the instructions in it:
; Has to be placed as \XP_FIXIT.INF on a floppy disk in drive A:
; or as \$OEM$\$$\INF\XP_FIXIT.INF on the installation media.
;
; Needs the following entries in \WINNT.SIF on the floppy disk in drive A:
; or in \I386\WINNT.SIF on the installation media:
;
; [GUIRunOnce]
; Command = "%SystemRoot%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE %SystemRoot%\System32\ADVPACK.DLL,LaunchINFSection %SystemRoot%\Inf\XP_FIXIT.INF,RunOnce.NTx86,,0,N"
;
; [GUIUnattended]
; Arguments = "%SystemRoot%\System32\ADVPACK.DLL,LaunchINFSection A:\XP_FIXIT.INF,Detached.NTx86,,0,N"
; AutoLogon = Yes
; AutoLogonCount = 1
; DetachedProgram = "%SystemRoot%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE"
;
; [SetupParams]
; UserExecute = "%SystemRoot%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE %SystemRoot%\System32\ADVPACK.DLL,LaunchINFSection %SystemRoot%\Inf\XP_FIXIT.INF,UserExec.NTx86,,0,N"
;
; [Unattended]
; OEMPreinstall = Yes
; UnattendSwitch = Yes
So I placed XP_FIXIT.INF in \$OEM$\$$\INF\XP_FIXIT.INF on the installation media, and added the following WINNT.SIF to \I386\:
[GUIRunOnce]
Command = "%SystemRoot%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE %SystemRoot%\System32\ADVPACK.DLL,LaunchINFSection %SystemRoot%\Inf\XP_FIXIT.INF,RunOnce.NTx86,,0,N"

[GUIUnattended]
Arguments = "%SystemRoot%\System32\ADVPACK.DLL,LaunchINFSection A:\XP_FIXIT.INF,Detached.NTx86,,0,N"
AutoLogon = Yes
AutoLogonCount = 1
DetachedProgram = "%SystemRoot%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE"

[SetupParams]
UserExecute = "%SystemRoot%\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE %SystemRoot%\System32\ADVPACK.DLL,LaunchINFSection %SystemRoot%\Inf\XP_FIXIT.INF,UserExec.NTx86,,0,N"

[Unattended]
OEMPreinstall = Yes
UnattendSwitch = Yes
But this time, during installation I get this "Fatal error":
Image (https://imgur.com/a/cP25X)
which says: "Internal Setup data structures are corrupted (phase 0)."

So what am I doing wrong??? Can anyone advise? Thanks!

GH0st

Re: Re:

Post by GH0st » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:18 am

avamk wrote:I right clicked on and selected "Install" for XP_FIXIT EN.INF but it didn't seem to do anything. I rebooted, and randomly checked some registry entries referred to in the .INF but they weren't there!
Now I must admit, I thought it did run and I was getting full benefit from the file, but ... now I'm suspecting not!

If you read the long threat about uSP4, you will see that Harkaz had to make a lot of modifications to get the XP_fixit file to work with issues. I suspect you have run into some of these issues.

With that said, only place you can get this working is with uSP4. So please reconsider installing a fresh copy of that OS, with no alterations to it.