nLite 1.4.9.3 consistently crashes near end of finalizing

Forum to discuss Update Packs created by community members for the various Windows operating systems.
avamk

nLite 1.4.9.3 consistently crashes near end of finalizing

Post by avamk » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Hello,

I posted this in the MSFN forums but have yet to figure out a solution. I hope the people here might be able to help??

I have the files from an original retail Windows XP SP3 install disc that I would like to process with nLite 1.4.9.3, with the goal of integrating all updates to date (including Internet Explorer 8 and latest Windows Media Player) followed by removing some componenets that I don't want and make some tweaks to the installation.

I started by using the RyanVM Integrator 1.6.1b2.1 to include the OnePiece Windows XP Post-SP3 UpdatePack v1.0.7 followed by its "OnePiece Remove AddOn"s to get rid of a few items like Windows Search. I then used nLite to remove more components and did additional tweaks, hoping in the end to put all that into an ISO.

However, during the last stage of using nLite - when it says "Finalizing" after compressing cabinets - it crashes (please see attached screenshot).

At first I thought maybe it is because the install files I fed nLite was processed by RyanVM Integrator 1.6.1b2.1, so I retried the whole process on unprocessed/vanilla Windows XP SP3 files, but nLite crashes at the same stage.

I also tried to run nLite in an existing Windows XP SP3 virtual machine, and it still crashes at the same point.

What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help.

Here is the nLite INI file with all my settings:

http://pastebin.com/YQ1p4tqJ

Atari800xl

Post by Atari800xl » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:01 pm

This is probably a stupid question, but what is the host OS you're using?

I'm using xpsp3+onepiece (using rvmi) as well, followed by nLite, so it should work...
My host OS is XP...

avamk

Post by avamk » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Atari800xl wrote:This is probably a stupid question, but what is the host OS you're using?

I'm using xpsp3+onepiece (using rvmi) as well, followed by nLite, so it should work...
My host OS is XP...
Thanks for your quick response.

Like I said in my original post, I tried this in both Windows 8.1 x64 and a virtual machine running Windows XP SP3. BTW I also tried to use compatibility mode in Windows 8.1 but that didn't help...

ChiefZeke

Post by ChiefZeke » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:59 pm

Latest ntlite is 1.2.0.4135 beta if you're willing to try beta.

mooms

Post by mooms » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:36 am

nLite and NTlite are two different programs.
I would try nLite 1.4.9.1, it worked well for many years for me, on XP and 7.
Alteration of the world
Want to thank me ? If you buy something on Banggood with this link, I will earn a little %.

avamk

Post by avamk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:59 am

mooms wrote:nLite and NTlite are two different programs.
I would try nLite 1.4.9.1, it worked well for many years for me, on XP and 7.
I went to the nLite website (http://www.nliteos.com/) and could only see a download for the latest version 1.4.9.3. Do you know how to get 1.4.9.1? Or is there another software like nLite that I can try? Thanks!!

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:15 pm

One way to get an older version of nLite is at FileHippo. 1.4.9.1 is one of the versions offered - http://filehippo.com/download_nlite/4642/.

Cheers and Regards