XP Media Center Edition

Forum to discuss Update Packs created by community members for the various Windows operating systems.
kaitsevaim

XP Media Center Edition

Post by kaitsevaim » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:19 am

HI! Is It possible to include this XP version here? I know..it might be rarely used, but i have it on several laptops (OEM with Microsoft COA) and wanna have update packs for it. Would someone be so kind and concider it? Please!? Addons would also be a great help. I could maybe use some addons for xp professional, but most of them wont install.
Most important question is why and everything begins of your choice

electrogen

Post by electrogen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:27 am

Ryanm pack should work with MCE.
I have used Ryan's packs before on media centre edition 2005, and it's flawless

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:39 am

is that so? media center needs all kinds of update rollups and another kind of media player a.s.o. I tried to use net framework, silverlight, all kinds of program addons, ms runtimes addons and none of them worked. Setup doesn´t go any further after first restart....it begins over and over and keeps looping. Ok, maybe only the sp2 update pack may work.

So..i highly doubt that addons made for xp pro and home are compatible with MCE 2005.

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:55 am

MCE 2005 = an extra component for xp.
it receives XP updates and its own updates for this component.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

electrogen

Post by electrogen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:32 pm

What have you tried to slip

The last time i did it was the other day and i used the latest RVM pack, WMP11 slipstreamer & MrNXDMX's IE7. It works fine for me.

As for the different version WMP the WMP11 slipstreamer replaces the dafealt one in MCE.

I had tried to do a MCE Update pack about a year ago but it isnt finished but there are other MCE packs on this site you just need to look.

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:51 pm

i c. Well...i´ll try the same with your recommended packs, electrogen. What kind of extra components should i include into slipstreaming beside ryan´s pack? Only the update rollup KB´s or is there also some superceeded (not necessary) KB´s? What about the runtimes, directx or net framework. Actually i wanna include onepiece´s AIO pack, ASPI addon, java and directx. Thats all. Can i use some existing addons or do i have to try every addon one-by-one one at a time? Seems so to me now.

electrogen

Post by electrogen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:57 pm

I couldnt tell you about the updates for mce as i now use vista for the live system, but you should be able to use anything that works for Windows XP. onepiece´s AIO pack will also work fine as i tried that the other day aswell, and you could use some of the icon packs aswell to change the look of MCE.

Stereodude

Post by Stereodude » Fri May 08, 2009 10:58 pm

electrogen wrote:Ryanm pack should work with MCE.
I have used Ryan's packs before on media centre edition 2005, and it's flawless
FWIW, the 2.2.5 pack did not work for me with XP MCE. I started with the Dell OEM MCE DVD that came with my laptop and applied the 2.2.5 pack with the Optimize System Files box checked. Everything went fine with RyanVM Integrator, but the disc it made would not install properly. It complained about missing keyboard related files, and then some other files. I gave up and canceled the install, so I'm unsure how many file were ultimately "missing".

Per the labeling on the DVD it's Win XP SP2 MCE 2005 with Rollup 2, but system properties displays that it's MCE 2002, so I'm not quite sure what's really on the DVD.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat May 09, 2009 12:13 pm

Were you integrating any other addons?
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

Stereodude

Post by Stereodude » Sat May 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Siginet wrote:Were you integrating any other addons?
Nope, just the RyanVM Post-SP2 pack (2.2.5).