[Tutorials] Creating Your Own Updates & Addons

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
KHALED

Post by KHALED » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:10 am

it was greet help thanks alot
KM

coleoptere2007

Post by coleoptere2007 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:18 am

Well very interresting. Thanks for the links. :)

paraglider

Post by paraglider » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:31 am

Read this page for information on creating shortcuts:

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1904

ykgie

Post by ykgie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:53 am

Why This Example Invalid

[KeyDelete]
I386\drvindex.inf,driver,31x5rc04.dll

Use the RVM_Integrator_1.5.3

User

Post by User » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:02 am

I couldn't wait for a WGA v1.8.31.9 addon so i tried to pull apart RyamVM's last addon v1.8.31.0

I can understand every last thing except this checksum, which is not CRC32 or MD5 or any I know of:

R_WGA.inf (referring to LegitCheckControl.dll)

Code: Select all

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\WgaNotify\SP0\WgaNotify\Filelist\0","BuildCheckSum",0,"175b25"
What is "175b25" :shock:

Its not CRC32. If I could figure out how to find out the NEW checksum I could do it.

Microsoft honestly. They annoy you, then they annoy you again, then again and again.

So thats the only thing I cannot work out, this stupid checksum.

Yep - I installed the WGA in VMware and the "Filelist" key itself is not even there.

That is, I installed the new v1.8.31.9 and theres no filelist reg key there.

It should refer to three file (it does in the last addon) but not in this real installation.

I know what will happen - I will remove those lines from R_WGA.inf, then 7z the addon, then make it all again and install it and it won't work.

I know, RyanVM will no doubt release the new v1.8.31.9 at some point but I am too impatient!

No, I am not asking anyone else to make it, I just want to know about this checksum or should I say, I need to know the new checksum for the new v1.8.31.9

[/code] < lol :oops: It can stay there, left square bracket, forward slash, "code", right square bracket.

Sorry I am losing it, but I underscore don't underscore care underscore any underscore more.

code65536

Post by code65536 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:17 am

User wrote:I can understand every last thing except this checksum
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/pl ... ECOFF.mspx
Look at the CheckSum field of the Optional Header. There are API calls to calculate the checksum, but there's no need for that--you are supposed to just read it from the data structures. I just use a Perl script to get this information for me.

But none of this is important, actually. Those registry entries are optional and exist only for bookkeeping; they can be omitted without any ill effect. Especially since WGAN isn't even an original component of the OS. I never bother with this stuff for anything that isn't an original OS component.

And why are you getting WGAN instead of WGAV?
My addons: CmdOpen - HashCheck - Notepad2 - MS Runtimes - DirectX

Into the breach, meatbags!

User

Post by User » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:30 am

code65536 wrote:
User wrote:I can understand every last thing except this checksum
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/pl ... ECOFF.mspx
Look at the CheckSum field of the Optional Header. There are API calls to calculate the checksum, but there's no need for that--you are supposed to just read it from the data structures. I just use a Perl script to get this information for me.
OK cheers.
code65536 wrote:But none of this is important, actually. Those registry entries are optional and exist only for bookkeeping; they can be omitted without any ill effect. Especially since WGAN isn't even an original component of the OS. I never bother with this stuff for anything that isn't an original OS component.
Well, there has to be a reason RyanVM goes to the trouble of checking the three files checksums? :P
code65536 wrote:And why are you getting WGAN instead of WGAV?

Because its the only hotfix showing up in WU and I want it completely cleared so it displays "There are no high-priority updates for your computer".

I know I should wait but I can't. :wink:

Its 9.30AM on a Friday and I have nothing better to do. 8)

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:43 am

sorry for the silly question, but...which program must i use to cab and compress a file. For example if i want to make from .inf file a cab compressed .in_ file.

Also would u please teach me how to use the program, cause i´m not very familiar with programming languages. I wanted to use makecab program, but i didn´t understand a thing which switches to use or how the command line should look like a.s.o.

Once i tried microsofts compress.exe and it managed to create such file, but nlite dialog said, that its not a cab file. Could someone help me out and direct me for better understanding?
Most important question is why and everything begins of your choice

felix3650

Post by felix3650 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:45 am

hi guys

Some links are broken and also some docs missing.
There's a tool at Wincert forums called Inf-Addon Maker created by rs90:

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5471

I'm shure it will be useful for first-time addon makers aswell as veterans.
Also I did compile a doc with all I could collect over at msdn and osronline.
Have a look at it and let me know what you think:

Inf_Install_Reference.doc

regards felix

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:04 pm

ok 8) Just the one i was looking for. Thanks! :wink:
Most important question is why and everything begins of your choice

vodacuza

Post by vodacuza » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:38 pm

what do yo recommend me to use if I want to rebuild a cab file from inside an addon ?
For example "DaRkMaDnEsS_IDM5.18_Build5_Inter_Addon.7z" (Internet Download Manager) I wish to modify the content of the .cab file standing next to .inf and .ini files.., is there any chance to make a mess If I use the "cab maker"...and obtain a different size of the new cab ? I mean different size than the original cab inside the addon... :) thanx

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Cabinet file size should not matter.

vodacuza

Post by vodacuza » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:20 pm

thankyou,
I was forgetting the place I've posted this on forum
had to enter through the "read all post by this user (myself)" facility 8)
so it is not like some installers do, reporting corrupted data cab a kind of CRC check ... when does not match the one the producer specified somewhere within installer...the addon has more freedom :P
it is good because I can easily update some addons

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Correct.

Windows system files are protected against corruption and unauthorized patching/hacking by checksums within the files. Those checksums are easily changed with ModifyPE. RVMi uses a similar method when it is directed to patch files by an addon.

skrell

Post by skrell » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:21 pm

Can someone please repost that doc Inf_Install_Reference.doc ?