Help add on packs do not work but update pack does?

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
katuk

Help add on packs do not work but update pack does?

Post by katuk » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:16 pm

Hi I am a new user so please forgive my ignorance
I have downloaded and installed the latest integrator and also some add on packs that I would like to try, the add on packs are icon extract, res hack, current ports, uninstall, start up control panel, I have integrated and checked the log folder wich confirms the integration. I then go to the xp folder created on my root drive which is windows xp pro with service pack two slip streamed. once I create the iso file and burn it using nero make image, installation on the new hard drive (formated and zero byte) the install stops and I get an error stop code C0000269 illegal system dll relocation the system dll kernel 32 was re locaited in memory. If I repeat the integration process but do not add any add ons the install works????
I have used n lite to create the iso file because I do not know of any other easy way of creating a bootable iso file ? are there any tutorials on what to do once the integration has been done such as suitable software to use HHHHelp Huggs KAT

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:29 pm

Try removing certain addons and find out which addon may be the issue. If you find out please advise the creator of the addon by replying in that particular addons thread. ;) Also check the md5 hash on your addons too.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:38 pm

I think his problem is using Nero to do the ISO, go grab ImgBurn and CDImage_Pro and use those. With CDImage_Pro you need to modify the .cmd file to point to where you have the folder that contains the i386 folder your trying to create an ISO of. Look inside the .cmd file for where I have it pointing to for more help. Once you've created your ISO use ImgBurn to burn the ISO, you need to select "Mode","ISO","Write" then point to the ISO you just created and click on the "|>" button at the bottom to burn it. That's all there is to it. There are other versions of CDImage on MSFN's Unattended site I believe that are Gui based, but this way is just as good and easier to control what's going on as all you have to do is set it once and forget it, as long as you keep the copy you setup and remember to use the same folders each time. For example I use C:\XPSP2\VRMPFPP_EN to hold all the files such as i386, Support, Value Add, etc.. and point to that folder to create the ISO out of. That by the way is the actual CD Name for Windows XP Service Pack 2. You can find the rest of the CD names on the link in the last page of my thread at MSFN entitled [How-to] XP CD Names, Labels of Windows CD The link you'll be looking for is called Lables.txt.
Last edited by DisabledTrucker on Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

Daemonforce

Post by Daemonforce » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:43 pm

How could his problem have anything to do with Nero? I use Nero all the time for building bootable CDs and crap like that. o_O

Where does the installation stop? Blue Screen of Installation or PE?
Do you have stairs in your house?

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:49 pm

Yes, but other people have had problems using Nero when creating their ISO's there are a few recent threads here about that. Also he asked if there was any other way to create them and I told him. The way I do it, is a one click solution all he needs to do is put modify the .cmd file and then open it, his ISO will be created, then upen up ImgBurn and burn it, total of what 2 clicks once you have it set up... One to create the ISO and another to burn the ISO. Both programs once you have them setup will only require one click to do the entire process, how much easier can that be?

Only if ImgBurn included the creation of ISO's we'd be in business... ;)

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:01 pm

Try running just the update pack firts by itself and then running the addons.

FOOSA

Post by FOOSA » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:28 am

Or just use nLite to create your .ISO and use MagicISO or UltraISO to burn the .ISO at low speeds

katuk

Post by katuk » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:11 pm

Hi, Guys,
lol, why thanku for your quick replys shshs, I am a girl but dont tell anyone *grin*, K, . Right its a mystery I did put together by using the latest integrator update pack 202a created an iso file using n lite then burned with nero make image, and that worked. When I added the addon packs which I have named it put up the so called blue screen with the error message code c0000269. I re did placing a new folder on my root drive, then slip streaming the service pack, then I used the integrator to integrate the updates (checked the log folder was ok) then added each add on pack created an iso with n lite, then used ultra iso to burn the disk with, it now works except the res hack doesnt appear?
My newly :P installed os seems abit sluggish in operation, I have five twelve of memory, 28 processor, 80 gig hard disk and abit nforce 2 motherboard
anyway at least it works now *smile*, not sure why or what happend to res hack thanku Again KAt

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:31 pm

No offence meant by referring to you as guy, sorry for that misconception, and in the sence of using the term "Guy" and being that were one big, (although not so happy at times,) family, (and although not really related in the sence of the word,) here, "Guy" should be taken as you are one of us now. ;) I do appologize for referring to you as a he/him though I should have used they until I knew for sure, again, my sincerest appologies.

It seems there is still something wrong with your install, you shouldn't be noticing a slow down in performance, and your not being sure what happened to res hack should be a sign of that, as you could have something else corrupted still as well. You may want to take the others advice and try installing everything in stages to figure out what is causing the glitch your having.