[Release] Naru's Flexible Renamer Addon v7.3-070904

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] Naru's Flexible Renamer Addon v7.3-070904

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:34 pm

For quick dirty renaming jobs of files in the same folder I use Jackass JoeJoe's Rename Master but for the bigger "industrial strength" renaming jobs I have been faithfully using Naru's Flexible Renamer for several years with complete success and satisfaction.

I have not enabled the shell menu and sendto menu by default in this installation because they are way too messy for my liking, however I did include entries in the uninstaller to remove them in case you decided to add them manually post-install.

Configuration can be a bit complex for new users, but it's well worth the effort to learn in order to master the full power of this utility and enjoy the benefits of it's precision and super-fast speed.

Flexible Renamer v7.3
LINK: MrsP_Flexible_Renamer_Addon_v7.3-070904
MD5: 48EC5888C2D8861C9B379FC37A8CE2B9
SIZE: 514 KB
Description: Powerful mass file and folder renaming utility
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2003/06/04
Language: English/Japanese
Title: Flexible Renamer
Version: 7.3
License: Freeware
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Utilities\FlexRename"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, sendto entries, reg entries and personal settings
Flexible Renamer
Flexible Renamer is a powerful file and folder renaming utility that supports Wildcards and Regular-Expressions. It offers a Window Explorer style interface and a variety of renaming options, including options to remove numbers or strings, replace strings, insert numbers, translate letters and much more. You can also use Flexible Renamer to create empty objects in form of files or folders. It also supports Tag-information such as ID3(MP3), EXIF, IPTC, MS-Office, HTML.

Features:
* Explorer-like user interface.
* Can use Wildcard or Regular-Expression(Perl Compatible) for substitution of file name.
* Multiple file-filter, Real-time preview, Undo.
* Designed for processing a large quantity of files.
* Can recursively process sub-directories.
* Can Copy(Move) & Rename to another folder.
* Can distribute into the folder by using relative path.
* Can consecutive numbers to every classified groups (folder, date, tag).
* Rename(Copy/Move) object(file/folder).
* Insert a Number or a String (the file's Timestamp/Folder name)
* Remove a Number or a String(Shortcut to, Copy (n) of, [n], (n)), Supported 8.3 Format
* Translate Letters (upper/lower-case, capitalize)
* Replace String
* Other flexible rename using pattern matching.
* Direct-editing of target name.
* Rename(Copy/Move) using tag information.
* ID3(MP3), EXIF, IPTC, MS-Office, HTML.
* Modify object(file/folder) attributes and time-stamps.
* Specify DateTime, Shift, Random Gernerate, Make the Same.
* Create numbered object(sized file/folder).

Enjoy (or not)

:D

[Edit 2006/03/08] Recoded ALL Mrs Peel Addon Packs for platform and licencing compliance.
[Edit 2007/09/04] Rebuilt with uninstaller, included some files missing from original build
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:53 am

Not one single response to this in the 18 months since I shared it here, even though this is one of the most highly-rated and powerful mass file-renaming utilities available on the net. You greedy lurking leechers are unfuckingbelievable!!!

This addon has just been demoted to my "Cull Alert" list....

:rolleyes:

lespea

Post by lespea » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:54 pm

Sad, I have been looking for a more "heavy duty" replacement over renamemaster. Well consider me 1/5 that would def. appreciate this coming back!

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:42 pm

I just investigate for this application. Another good find I must say. It looks to be very usefull for easy renaming of files. If it came back online, i'll give it a try. Please consider me as an interressed user. Let's see if others want it back too...

Zyx Maiden
If you see dinosaurs, stop using drugs. But, if you don't use drugs, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!

rickgomez2003

Post by rickgomez2003 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:56 am

i appreciate your hard work please continue Thank You

keegan

Post by keegan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:27 am

You know rickgomez2003, whether or not Mrs. Peel appreciates you're many copy and paste thanks, this addon is discontinued. You didn't just pick random posts of hers to respond to, did you?

I'll let let Mrs. P ream you from here if she chooses to. I'm not trying to do her dirty work, I just thought it was kind of funny.....

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:01 am

keegan wrote: You didn't just pick random posts of hers to respond to, did you?
Yup, I thought it was kind of funny too..... inna "LOL at the lamer" kinda way ;)

rubab

Post by rubab » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:53 am

Please re-upload this add-on. I use it to rename wallpapers. At the moment i am using "Jackass JoeJoe's Rename Master" and i am really willing to use this add-on. I hope you will be kind enough to re-upload this addon.

flip101

Post by flip101 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:14 pm

link is dead

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:30 am

I'm not trying to be rude but did you read the thread before crying out for dead link? Did you read the page the link is opening? The answers are on that page for Mrs Peel supposed "dead link".
If you see dinosaurs, stop using drugs. But, if you don't use drugs, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!