[Release] DAMN NFO Viewer Addon v2.10.0032-080123

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] DAMN NFO Viewer Addon v2.10.0032-080123

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:44 am

View NFO and DIZ files in the way they were meant to be viewed. I have updated this addon with reg entries to make this the default viewer for both these file types and pre-configged a few of the program settings the way I like them. ;)

Please note that now I have added an uninstaller for this you will have to re-associate your NFO and DIZ files after uninstallation.

DAMN NFO Viewer v2.10.0032.RC3
LINK: MrsP_DAMN_NFO_Addon_v2.10.0032-080123
MD5: 33DC0B2BE2F1A05058AE80BD9B0E4DCE
SIZE: 124 KB
Description: View NFO and DIZ files containing ASCII Art
Op System: Windows 2000, XP Home, XP Pro & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2002/09/15
Language: Multi-language
Title: NFO Viewer
Version: 2.10.0032.RC3
License: Freeware
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Desktop\DamnNFO"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, reg entries and personal settings
DAMN NFO Viewer
DAMN NFO Viewer is a utility for viewing text files containing ASCII Art (e.g. nfo files), and it proved itself to be handy So... if you're fed up with starting some DOS-like file manager each time you need to view nfo file, or ain't too happy with the viewer you use, or (worst case) use Notepad - give this little tool a try.
Features:
* Available in multiple languages: Chinese Simplified, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish. You can choose the languages during installation and switch between them later via Settings dialog.
* Hyperlinks / Email addresses autodetection
* The viewer automatically detects hyperlinks / email addresses and shows them as clickable shortcuts.
* Customizable appearance
* You can set text/background colors, colors for hyperlinks and hovered hyperlinks, whether or not you want hyperlinks to be underlined, and choose between 3 built-in fonts, available in different sizes.
* Word Wrap: You can switch between word wrap, character wrap and no wrap.
* Shell integration: The Viewer can be set as the default application to open files with .nfo and .diz extensions. You get fancy file icons as a bonus.
* Smart line breaks handling: Unix style line breaks are supported (that is, you won't notice any difference). Moreover, the Viewer correctly displays files with doubled/tripled/etc. (e.g. because of improper multiple Unix<->Windows conversions) line breaks.
* Unicode support: Unicode version of the program is installed automatically if the operation system supports it. Unicode version provides better support for multilingual user interface.
* Copy-on-Select: When this feature is on, text gets copied to clipboard automatically after you have finished selecting it (released shift key or left mouse button). After the selected text has been copied, the selected area will flash shortly and the text will get deselected (so for those who thought it's a bug: it is not).
* Direct Scroll mode: In this mode there's no caret so you can't select text with keyboard, but you can navigate through file contents more easily (like in your browser). Turning it off makes it more like viewing a file in a text editor. and more...

Enjoy (or not)

:D

PS: Ivanopoulo Rocks!!!

[Edit 2006/03/09] Recoded ALL Mrs Peel Addon Packs for platform and licencing compliance.
[Edit 2006/04/01] Added reg entries to make NFO and DIZ files default to Damn NFO Viewer.
[Edit 2007/07/07] Rebuilt to include an uninstaller and added some info files that were mising from original addon
[Edit 2007/07/27] Minor update to make uninstaller work with XP Home
[Edit 2007/07/29] Rebuilt optional components section
[Edit 2007/08/04] Fixed entries.ini, optimised some stuff in the inf file and used a rick trick to make new empty folder
[Edit 2007/08/26] Added a new reg section to restore file associations back to windoze default on uninstall
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Nologic

Post by Nologic » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:18 am

Nice release, but have you ever tried out jane [link] which is the only nfo viewer that got me to switch away from DAMN which is execllent in and of its self.

Any ways just a heads up since you've shared so many great app's here some of which I'd never even heard of.

laur3ooo

jane doe

Post by laur3ooo » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:52 am

yes, i agree, jane is sexier :oops:

Vista

Post by Vista » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:49 am

Mrs Peel, can you make the DAMN NFO Viewer without the start menu shortcut

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:36 am

Vista wrote:Mrs Peel, can you make the DAMN NFO Viewer without the start menu shortcut
Sorry I won't be doing that because the program needs to be run once for you to configure it and select whether you want to use it as your default NFO viewer or not. It only takes 2 seconds to delete the shortcut if you don't want it ;)

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:27 am

I personally don't understand the aversion people have to having shortcuts. I can understand not wanting a cluttered desktop, but nestled somewhere in the Start menu should be no issue and even if it is, one can simply delete it.

mehedym

Post by mehedym » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:11 am

Where is the download link. i need it. if the new addon taking much time to release, plz give me the old addon link so that i can add it to my cd as fast as possible.
Life is a Bliss, You just Have To Tast IT, :--____Mehedy Mizan____

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:44 am

OK I had second thoughts about the file associations for this and decided to add some reg entries for it.

Cheers

Firon

Post by Firon » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:06 pm

edit: I AM RETARDED
Last edited by Firon on Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:22 pm

Firon wrote:ipfilter's been updated again, now with 36 complete languages!
Oh WOW I didn't know Ivanopoulo was still updating this thing after all these years. Cheers muchly for the headsup ;)

Do you have a download link for this please Firon so I can get this pack updated?

Firon

Post by Firon » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:17 am

that's what happens when you have too many tabs open and aren't paying close enough attention ¬_¬ ignore my previous post :p
I don't think that there's anything left for him to update with this program :lol:

What settings did you change in your addon?

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:24 am

Awwwwwwwwwwww crap and you got me all excited for nothing thinking Ivanopoulo was back in business again (((sob))) Oh well your edit gave me a good giggle which made up for it :P

In this updated version I added some reg settings which associate the diz and nfo files to NFO Viewer during setup and I also preconfigured the program options to my own personal taste, ie: made font colour blue, made links live to click, set text to autocopy on mouseover, set word wrap and made default window size the best width to view release groups ASCII art nfo files.

Nothing gurly or anything like that, so I'm sure you'll like it cherub ;)

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:19 pm

[edit 2006/04/01] Added reg entries to make NFO and DIZ files default to Damn NFO Viewer.
This addon used to work fine and has been a regular part of my unattended DVD. But ever since the last update, the addon does not work, more accurately it does not even get installed although the 'RVM_Integrator_1.2.2.log' indicates that it was slipstreamed.
Last edited by Sanjay on Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:35 pm

thanx for the update and reg entries mrs peel.and a question for sanjay, i didnt try this yet, and couldnt understand that it worked for you or not (lack of english :P)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:49 pm

Sanjay wrote:
[edit 2006/04/01] Added reg entries to make NFO and DIZ files default to Damn NFO Viewer.
This addon used to work fine and was a regualar part of my unattended DVD until the last update. The updated addon did not even install although the 'RVM_Integrator_1.2.2.log' indicates that it was slipstreamed.
(((sigh))) judging from your other complaints today it's a bit hard for me to take you seriously with this one. Lemme see Sanjay.... is there something that you forgot to include on your ISO build? :rolleyes:

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:17 am

Mrs Peel wrote:(((sigh))) judging from your other complaints today it's a bit hard for me to take you seriously with this one. Lemme see Sanjay.... is there something that you forgot to include on your ISO build? :rolleyes:
I was kind of expecting this response to my feedback and although I had been having problems with the two 'Karen's addons' since the very begining I had not posted any feedback because I wanted to make sure it was not a mistake on my part and it is only now that I posted about them. The problem with the Damn Nfo viewer on the other hand only started after it was last updated with the registry entries, before that it had always worked flawlessly. Everything else on my unattended DVD including a long list of addons made by you is working flawlessly.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:20 am

1. It works just fine for me with these reg entries and I've tested it in two builds.

2. Did you bother to even test it in a build on it's own to eliminate the possibility there is a conflict with another addon you are slipstreaming? I bet you didn't.

3. Your history of complaining about things that are not broken is legendary, so I'm not going to bother investigating this any further unless I get other complaints from members who have a clue.

4. If you are so absolutely certain that it is the reg entries I added then all you have to do is test that theory is to remove the AddReg section from my inf file cos that's the ONLY thing I changed with it.

5. In India do they teach young children the fable of the Boy Who Cried Wolf?

Aserone

Post by Aserone » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:23 am

Mrs Peel wrote:1. It works just fine for me with these reg entries and I've tested it in two builds.

2. Did you bother to even test it in a build on it's own to eliminate the possibility there is a conflict with another addon you are slipstreaming? I bet you didn't.

3. Your history of complaining about things that are not broken is legendary, so I'm not going to bother investigating this any further unless I get other complaints from members who have a clue.

4. If you are so absolutely certain that it is the reg entries I added then all you have to do is test that theory is to remove the AddReg section from my inf file cos that's the ONLY thing I changed with it.

5. In India do they teach young children the fable of the Boy Who Cried Wolf?
Your probably right, I just spent 20 min checking this "problem" out. Exporting every reg settings from original installer and comparing to your inf, installing your addon, opening nfo files with it, looking through ini/inf for 8.3 and/or misspelled things, running fgcba (<--advertising) to unpack and repack. And guess what?

I didn't find a single problem, either it doesn't exist or I must be blind. Because the DAMNED(:P) prog works just as it should for me.

Anyway thanks Mrs Peel for yet another excellent addon pack!
//Aserone-Foxy | EULA: Everything I say/post is a lie and/or forwarded from swim.

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:27 pm

Mrs Peel wrote:1. It works just fine for me with these reg entries and I've tested it in two builds.
I am glad it works for you and it's quite possible that there may be nothing wrong with the addon. I must also be honest to admit that I actually have not installed using the Unattended DVD but rather I had made it for a friend and it is he who has repored that 'Damn NFO Viewer' is not installed, whereas everything else from the installation is working fine. Thus it is quite possible and it probably is an issue related to something else, considering you say that it works fine for you.
Mrs Peel wrote:2. Did you bother to even test it in a build on it's own to eliminate the possibility there is a conflict with another addon you are slipstreaming? I bet you didn't.
No, I did not. Primarily because it did not occur to me to do so and secondly because I did not have the time right now to do any extensive testing. By the way, if this addon is in conflict with another addon, would that not qualify as being a problem, considering that all the other addons are working fine in my installation.
Mrs Peel wrote:3. Your history of complaining about things that are not broken is legendary, so I'm not going to bother investigating this any further unless I get other complaints from members who have a clue.
First of all, my feedback was never meant to be a "complaint", it was simply meant as "feedback" in the pursuit of finding help for myself and to appraise you and others of potential problems with this addon. As for my "legendry habit of complaining", I have in almost one a half years of being a member on this forum made approx 130 posts of which maybe I think 9 posts have been to report a potential problem with an addon. Of these 8 posts, 4 posts including the post in this thread, have been regarding addons made by you. The reason for the high percentage of the "complaint" posts being related to your addons, is simply because a very major chunk of the addons I use are by you. Now you could take that as a compliment or however way you wish. Anyhow, including the post in this thread there have been 4 occasions where it has turned out that the problem was not with the addon itself. Which means that atleast in the case of half of my so called "complaints", I was right and therefore was instrumental in helping others avoid the problem faced by me. Also I would like to think that I also helped the addon makers better their work. By the way you yourself are on that list of addon makers, who I have helped in identifying errors with their addons and thus helped in fixing them. In case you have forgotten, let me refresh your memory about the 'Registry Tweaker Addon', where at the very outset you had blamed the program, rather than consider that anything might be wrong with your addon.[/quote]
Mrs Peel wrote:4. If you are so absolutely certain that it is the reg entries I added then all you have to do is test that theory is to remove the AddReg section from my inf file cos that's the ONLY thing I changed with it.
First of all I never stated that I am even sure that the problem is definately with this addon only. But this is a constructive suggestion, one that I might try out in case I am not able to identify the problem elsewhere.
Mrs Peel wrote:5. In India do they teach young children the fable of the Boy Who Cried Wolf?
In New Zealand, do they teach young children about Humility and Manners?

@ Mrs Peel
1. You are rather arrogant and rude, and have always been very condescending in your posts towards almost everyone, except a select few on this forum.

2. You take feedback to your work way too personally. Specially considering that most people's feedback and definately so in my case, is never meant to be a criticism of your work but rather an attempt to either seek help in figuring out what may be the problem or simply to appraise you of any problems that might really exist.

3. I like many others have benifitted from your work and I atleast have always been very grateful and thankful for the same.

4. As stated earlier in this post, I use quite an extensive number of addons made by you, but if you so wish, I shall desist from doing so in the future.

In closing I'd like to thank you for the work you put in on this forum but just so you know, your work here does not give you the right to insult anyone or any country/race/culture.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu May 04, 2006 2:16 am

My comment about the fable of the "Boy Who Cried Wolf" was in no way meant as racially offensive, quite the contrary in fact as I do not harbour any hegemonic assumptions that people raised in a different country to my own are delivered the same content as the school system which I was raised in here.

The "Boy Who Cried Wolf" story was definitely one which was drummed into me by my education and I refer to it here as a lazy way illustrating how a person can erode their trustworthiness to others by false cries of danger (errors) such that when a day comes that their claims are grounded-in-fact then there is a grave chance their listeners may not pay them much credence due to the reputation they have earned for themself by their past actions. In your case you have earned a particular kind of reputation with me which has this effect - which is not to say that I take your error reports any less seriously, but it certainly has the effect of frustrating me immensely when I am unable to reproduce the error myself and leaving me feeling downright bitchy when it is later revealed that it was a false report.

Let me try and help you understand something about the source of many of my frustrations on this board. For over eight years I worked as a Telecom Faults technician fielding customer complaints about their telephone service. The statistics at the station where I worked were that anywhere from 35 - 40% of complaints which were logged and actioned inevitably turned out to be customer errors - silly things they had overlooked, such as their phone cord was not plugged in, or an extension phone was off the hook, or they had connected some incompatable 3rd party equipment into the line, or they had programmed their own phone to do something silly cos of failure to read the manual properly. It was frustrating and it was time consuming, but I was getting a paid income for what I was doing so it was no loss to me personally and I had the comfort of knowing that the idiot customer would be charged a $65 penalty fee by the company for a wasted callout.

But I no longer work for a company and I do many many hours of voluntary work every week for different community organisations and various online communities and the thing that I have discovered over time is that when you give your time for "free" that the beneficiaries of your generosity seldom seem to value your time at all. The majority of people I speak to who donate their time for free to different projects and causes say the same thing and share the same frustrations about this phenomonem as I do. It's like you have to attach a dollar value to what you do in order to get any kind of professional respect and that is just fucking crazy to me.

And here's the important thing you see.... when I donate my time and skills for free my time actually has MORE value to me than if I was charging it out at an hourly cash rate, because I am not only investing my personal skills and resources but I am ALSO gifting my generosity and committment and personal goodwill towards the thing that was important enough for me to contribute to for no financial reward. I quite literally give more of myself to voluntary projects than I do to paying ones, so when beneficiaries of that behave like they do not value my time then I quite rightly regard that as a personal insult to me.

I wouldn't bother to feel personally offended if one of my paying web clients wasted an hour of my time trying to solve an erroneous issue with their website such as their personal firewall being incorrectly configured, I would simply charge them for my extra time and add it to their bill. But you guys get my time for free, so the only penalty I have the luxury of issuing upon time-wasters here is a royal bitch-slapping. It's a small consolation, but hey.... at least it eases the headache you just gave me by sending me on a wild goose chase.

Now here's another thing that really pisses me about this endless whine of yours.... most of the ISO builds I make are for other people and before passing them along I always make sure to thoroughly test them in VMware first. Occasionally one of my peeps comes back to me to say such-and-such is not working but yanno I would NEVER as result of that 2nd hand report come back here to this board and tell the maker of that software addon that their addon is not working!!!

I would at the VERY least visit their home and take a look at what is happening on their live install - first making sure that it is not user error, next making sure it was configured correctly, then making sure they had not installed something themselves that was in conflict with the addons software. If it looked like a bad install I would return home and double check the build I made for them in VMware again and see if I could replicate the fault myself.... and if I did replicate a problem I would try slipstreaming it in a fresh build with no other addons and gather as much information as I could to help the addon maker before I approached them about it privately.

But one thing I would NEVER EVER do is to waste YOUR fucking time in the offchance that MAYBE it was a problem with your addon until I had thoroughly checked EVERYTHING I could at my end first - and several times over to be sure. And YOU dare to try and lecture ME about bad manners when you wasted several hours of my time and also the time of several other members here who also went over this addon with a fine tooth comb to humour your 2nd-hand error report? Well that is just too fucking insulting for words.

If you want to continue this as a personal conversation with me then I STRONGLY suggest you take it to private message because I am quite certain that what I will have to say to your next reply will not fit for public viewing.

T D

Post by T D » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:04 am

Notepad++ can view nfo and diz files with proper backgrounds etc.
Ah well, I use damn. Thx Mrs P

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:36 am

A note to the_doc735:

The addon pack you are having your problem with is NOT MY RELEASE, as you can tell by reading the entries file. The thing you are messing with is Avneet's switchless installer which was released in this thread here:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=882

I have moved all the posts relating to Avneet's installer to that thread so you can continue your discussion in the appropriate place.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:57 am

Updated to make uninstaller work with XP Home....

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:06 am

thankee kindly :)

sorta fun to use this program (which i first heard of from this thread btw)

cant make it default though for .nfo file though as i have programs that dump windows sysinfo in that extension -sigh-
but usefull none the less, as i have it in the open with menu ! :)

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:14 pm

Used this for a long time and it seems to default to being the default nfo viewer for me without me doing anything to it.
Will use the new updated release now that Mrs. Peel has updated this - thanks.

Edited - currently showing as a 404.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:23 pm

Rebuilt optional components section so it hides properly in Windows Components Wizard

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:21 am

Downloaded perfectly now - thanks.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:56 am

Fixed entries file....

Madhav

Post by Madhav » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:05 am

I Love This One
Thnx Mrs Peel
:-)

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:14 pm

I've used this addon since you first released it, Mrs Peel. Although I haven't kept up with all of the updates you've made to this addon and haven't had the common courtesy to say so in this thread, I'd like to say thank you now for the diligence you've shown in keeping all of your addons up to date and working properly. Your coding stamina is legendary. :)

-Lurkin' J

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:00 pm

My favorite addon, Work like a charm!

Thanks mrs Peel.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:47 am

I just figured out a clever way to add a new reg section which restores the file associations back to windoze default on uninstall, so I updated this to do that.....

Cheers ;)

rubab

Thanks

Post by rubab » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:15 am

Thanks your add-ons works fine.
They are great.

cosy

Post by cosy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:57 pm

thx for this one, but can one make it install in _X:\Program Files\DamnNFOand not ..C:\Program Files\Desktop\DamnNFO ?

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:39 pm

cosy wrote:thx for this one, but can one make it install in _X:\Program Files\DamnNFOand not ..C:\Program Files\Desktop\DamnNFO ?
How many times do I have to explain this to people who are never satisified?

If you don't like they way I code my installers then learn to make your own.

:rolleyes:

cosy

Post by cosy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:14 pm

Mrs Peel wrote:[How many times do I have to explain this to people who are never satisified?
If you don't like they way I code my installers then learn to make your own.

:rolleyes:
hmm, that was an answer

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:42 am

I agree with Mrs Peel. "Use it like it or do it!" 8)

By the way , thank for maintaining this addon Mrs. Peel. :wink:

warrior1109

Post by warrior1109 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:58 pm

Excellent addon as-is. Thanx Mrs Peel!!
AMD X2 Dual Core AM2 Athlon 64 6000
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe Nforce 570 Socket AM2 SLI Motherboard
Corsair TwinX 4GB 240Pin PC2-6400 Dominator 800MHz Dual Channel
2 X GeForce 8600GT SLI 256MB GDDR3 Dual DVI/TVO PCI-E
ThermalTake Toughpower Series Cable Management 700W Active PSU

Tr110022

Post by Tr110022 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:13 am

very thanks

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:12 pm

Thank you so much for this addon Mrs Peel, I just tested my new Build and this addon works great!
If you see dinosaurs, stop using drugs. But, if you don't use drugs, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!

silversurfer

Post by silversurfer » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:08 pm

I think the link is gone. :cry:

In fact it seems some other Mrs Peel links are down. I wanted this one and the ESB Calculator v6.2.1

TripleA

Post by TripleA » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:39 am

silversurfer wrote:I think the link is gone. :cry:

In fact it seems some other Mrs Peel links are down. I wanted this one and the ESB Calculator v6.2.1
The most probable cause is Mrs. Peel's "Nuke Policy".

In case anyone doesn't like to read, I quote: "So be warned that any releases that have not received a user response for more than 90 days will be nuked from this collection".

As you can see, the last post to this page was on October 8th, A.D. 2007.

In any case, here's a RapidShare link for the last release of Mrs. Peel's DAMN NFO Viewer Addon:

Moderator edit - link removed by 5eraph

Same MD5 listed in 1st post, naturally.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Dude thats simply bullshit. Don't go posting other peoples work, it is very lame and also really fucking rude.

I am sure Mrs. Peel knows who can and cannot acces her work and the addon is unavailable right now for a damn reason. It's her work to share or not when she is ready and not yours

Man I am tired of this crap I get over 500 dl's of some of my addons a month and barely a thank you.
Some people only sign up to bitch or whine. They expect everything for free and walk all over us and then you just go and stomp on her with this shit.

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:17 pm

peace! kel, dont jump so hard on him.. he did bring the nuke policy, linked and all and then gave a valid link to the needed software.. on something other than her server that does NOT use her bandwidth..

if you are worried about being able to download her stuff.. a generic search on google for "mrs peel addons" give just over 2400 results! including sites that archive and yes, even let you download..
its a little late to worry about only grabbing from her server..

that being said.. i agree that it could been handled better than just slapping it on rapidshare.

on another note.. thanks for your work kel!! (and Mrs.P) you and the others here are a vastly under appreciated resource.. just think of all the whining that would happen if all the addons went away cause people were too lazy to thank the addon maker for their time and effort!

[goes back to working on this @!#$ customer machine with vista on it]

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:32 pm

TechnoHunter wrote:if you are worried about being able to download her stuff.. a generic search on google for "mrs peel addons" give just over 2400 results! including sites that archive and yes, even let you download..
its a little late to worry about only grabbing from her server.
Google search: "mrs peel addons" = ONE result which refers back to THIS board

Google search: "mrs peel addon" = TWO results which refer back to THIS board

This is my FUCKING INSTALLER CODING WORK and it is for ME and ME ONLY to decide where and how and with whom I share MY OWN WORK.

When disrespectful arseholes take it upon themselves to release mirror copies of MY FUCKING WORK on other websites without MY FUCKING PERMISSION then it STRIPS me of control over the ability to maintain my INF code in the best possible condition I know how to write at THAT time.

As you will notice I am constantly rewriting my entire collection when a better method of INF installer scripting becomes known to me and this very RUDE behaviour above not only insults ME as the installer author but it potentially harms YOU all as my users to be given access to OLD files that might not be up to scratch.

I am swamped with work right now rebuilding all my installers (AGAIN) to a better standard of INF coding that was recently taught to me by a senior member here and getting them re-catalogued on my new server and I do NOT have time to deal with this kind of SHIT right now!!!!

TripleA, I have reported your activity to RapidShare so you better REMOVE immediately from your post above this UNAUTHORISED download link TO MY WORK - which is now OBSOLETE due to my current recoding/upgrading of the Mrs Peel Collection!!!!

If anybody here has knowledge of any site who is directly hosting my files then they should notify me immediately, because quite frankly I am fed up with being treated like a FUCKING SERVICE PROVIDER by arseholes who's mothers taught them NO FUCKING RESPECT.

:x :x :x

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:47 pm

TripleA wrote:The most probable cause is Mrs. Peel's "Nuke Policy".
If an addon has been nuked I give a weeks warning beforehand and then afterwards you will be redirected to a specific message that specifically SAYS IT IS NUKED.

If anybody ever bothered to read the fucking notice on my home page, my files are only offline because I am recoding/upgrading my entire collection and relocating the files on a new server with a proper cataloguing system where I can more easily maintain version updates and changelogs.

This particular file was NOT nuked, but now that your rudeness has drawn my attention to the fact that it was over 90 days without a reply then I'll be adding it to my nuke list tonight.

But if it actually WAS nuked, then HOW FUCKIN DARE YOU think you have the right to override my wishes and sharing policies like this?!?!?!?!?!

:evil:

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:53 pm

I understand your anger Mrs Peel. It's sad the because of some unrespectfull persons, we will lost another great addon! I Use it and like it a lot. Thanks of all your hard work.
If you see dinosaurs, stop using drugs. But, if you don't use drugs, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:38 am

Thanks, though I've switched most of the addons to runonceex. May I ask tho.. Why do you get so worked up? While that policy is in place, but, what harm is there posting the link?

TripleA

Post by TripleA » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:27 am

Oh deary me, have I stepped in it...

That was not the intention, of course. And I apologize.

I only wanted to help. But the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, as they say, so I'm not sure if that excuse really helps at all.

In any case, I'd really hate to see others suffer the consequences of my blunder, no matter how well-intentioned it might have been. So I have created an alternate DAMN NFO Viewer v2.10.0032.RC3 AddOn. It took about half an hour because I never used AutoIt before, but it's the least I could do, really.

But just in the interest of not ticking-off any disproportionately over-sensitive (IMHO) people:

Should I post the links here or in a separate thread?

My apologies, again.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:09 am

... TripleA if you must ask you might want to wait till Mrs Peel is back :)
or you can make a new thread decently ...