[Release] DAMN NFO Viewer Addon v2.10.0032-080123

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:12 am

TripleA wrote:I only wanted to help.
Help who?

Me? I don't need your "help" and if you think that I DO you should fucking ASK me first if I give my CONSENT for you to share MY WORK on some other server where I do not have the ability to maintain it's versioning and quality control!

Or did you mean to "help" the lazy lurking leechers who only bother to register on this fucking board when they want to complain that a download link is dead, when they previously never bothered to make a single DAMNed contribution to the morale of the addon makers in this community?

Or did you mean to "help" a person (or group of persons) whom I may have deliberately made MY WORK unavailable to because they have abused my generosity - thereby bypassing MY PERSONAL RIGHT to demand proper respect for all this work I do for NO FINANCIAL REWARD.
TripleA wrote:So I have created an alternate DAMN NFO Viewer v2.10.0032.RC3 AddOn. It took about half an hour because I never used AutoIt before, but it's the least I could do, really.
Then it is a silent installer and it does not belong in this section of the forums. But I don't know why you even bothered, because avneet25 has already released a silent installer for DAMN Nfo Viewer HERE

What is so difficult for you people around here to understand about the fact that is NOT RESPECTFUL to fuck with other peoples releases and that it is NOT ACCEPTABLE to post links in other peoples release threads. Just cos we share our work with you for no financial reward does not mean we have given away our right of ownership over our own intellectual property - which is the installer scripts that WE spend hours (and sometimes even days!) to WRITE ourselves.

How does it make ME overly sensitive to expect something as simple as to RESPECT the people in this community who make installers that the majority of you people are incapable of doing for themselves and make your installation of windoze so much easier?

The lack of respect for addon makers around here never ceases to amaze me. Why should we continue to help people who treat us in this way? Are we your fucking PAID service providers? I think not!

:rolleyes:

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:44 am

im sure all this has to do somehow with the title
DAMN NFO Viewer... , why "DAMN" ??

DAMN it!

;)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:51 am

DAMN you for for pointing that out! :P

;)

TripleA

Post by TripleA » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:10 am

I never would have imagined re-posting an unmodified binary (check the MD5) in its respective thread without claiming any credit or expecting any thanks to help someone who was unable to download it from the original link would cause all this.

Please, people, just step back and think for a moment!

In any case, please forget that I ever breathed. And don't blame me if I'm less-inclined to help, in the future.

And my apologies, yet again.

BTW, regarding AutoIt:

The reason I did not create a pack similar to Mrs. Peel's is that I cannot contact the original author(s) since their domain seems to have expired and now leads to what looks like a squatter. I did not want to unpack their original installer without permission.

And, Mrs. Peel's: would you consider ricktendo64's excellent COMODO add-on here:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4843

...for example, to be posted in the wrong forum? It uses AutoIt, you know...

There are ways other than what you yourself might consider the Right Way to do things.

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:24 am

Peel, may I ask why you make addons? What do you expect from those who download it? Just a post of thanks is it?

Sincerely, I really appreciate all your work heartfully, although I've not posted thanks (might have though). TripleA whom I don't know, just wanted to help someone, and the idea that posting the link would have offended you totally slipped out of his mind. He had already apologized for it, the link has been removed. Why are you so mad?

I mean one could easily remove the link, apologize, and that's that and done right? That's what he did. I mean what else do you want him to do now? He seem to be respecting your wishes.

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:32 am

@biatche
The link was removed and matters are now in order, please no more comments about this as this thread is spiraling way off topic and is at risk of being locked.

entegre

Post by entegre » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:54 am

I cant download. 404 file not found error.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:03 am

Obviously you can't read either.

entegre

Post by entegre » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:24 am

I understand :)
Sorry. I have only read first post.

Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:24 am

--edited deleting comment--

cosy

Post by cosy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:29 pm

can someone re upload this Addon please?
Thank you

cosy

Post by cosy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:08 am

nay news about this one?
thx

beats

Post by beats » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:30 am

cosy

Post by cosy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:58 am

I knew long about this, but thought someone else could do this anyway