[Release] Wilbert Hengst's WAssociate Addon v3.4.3-070904

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] Wilbert Hengst's WAssociate Addon v3.4.3-070904

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:13 pm

This is the Rolls Royce of freeware file association tweakers. It's a bit tricky to configure if you are not familiar with how this stuff is managed in the registry, but you will find a pretty comprehensive user guide included in the pack to help get you started with it.

WAssociate v3.4.3
LINK: MrsP_WAssociate_Addon_v3.4.3-070904
MD5: 24D68E39D302476E74DDAFA205F60160
SIZE: 273 KB
Description: Manage Windows file type extension associations
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2003/12/05
Language: English
Title: WAssociate
Version: 3.4.3
License: Freeware
Website: http://www.xs4all.nl/~wstudios/Associate/index.html
Installs to: "%programfiles%\System\WAssociate"
WAssociate 3.4.3
WAssociate is FreeWare written for Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 200 and XP. It manages the associations between file name extensions and file types stored in the Windows registry. These stored file types determine the appearance and actions supported for a file by Windows.

WAssociate enables control over double or right clicking a file, context menus, associated commands, icons and descriptions in Windows Explorer. Control freaks have easy access to the Windows registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, and more...

To use WAssociate you need to have or develop a basic understanding of how Windows assigns properties to file name extensions through file types and classes. To get you started a short introduction will be given in these pages.

Goal of WAssociate is to give easy access to the Windows registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, because that's where associations are stored. Editing the registry can be tricky and is a topic for advanced users. If you don't know anything about the registry and its HKEY_CLASSES_STUFF, advance with care.

Enjoy (or not)

:D

[Edit 2007/08/26] Rebuilt with uninstaller, changed install directory and updated to version v3.4.3
[Edit 2007/09/04] Minor tweak to remove obsolete reg entry
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:52 am

Not one single response to this in the 18 months since I shared it here, even tho this is now "Rareware"

Time to say bye-bye to this addon of the best freeware file associations utility that I have ever used... and the only one I ever found which does a proper job of editing contextmenu handlers.....

:rolleyes:

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:49 am

Thanks to a very polite request from Zyx_Maiden, who informs me that there was a newer version of this than the one I had previously shared here, I have temporarily re-instated this release (after rebuilding with an uninstaller) but if I don't get responses to indicate that it has value to people then it goes back into the nuke bin again.....

Let me know that you use it or you LOSE it....................

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:18 am

interesting.. after having just fought my way through a veritable storm of mis-matched, badly changed, overwritten associations this might just make my life easier..

thanks for keeping this one round MrsP.. woulda never found it if you/someone hadnt bumped it

P.S. -poke- update list please! so i know what other ones to grab and/or bug you to keep around :)

thanks again for ALL your efforts in this place be it addons or answers!

TechnoHunter

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:52 pm

A big thank you Mrs Peel for having re-acvtivate this add-on. And also thank you for your great effort to bring us with the best addons collection around!

keegan

Post by keegan » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:40 am

Thanks for bringing this one back. I've only needed it a couple times, but I really liked having it when I needed it. Really beats the crap out of the file types dialog.

lespea

Post by lespea » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:59 pm

Yeah I can finally fix broken associations without opening up registrar lite. Woot!

bober101

Post by bober101 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:02 pm

thx mrs.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:29 pm

I'm just testing my new build with this addon in. I must say it work very well without a flaw. Good find! Thank you for this addon Mrs Peel.
If you see dinosaurs, stop using drugs. But, if you don't use drugs, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!