[Release] Dominik Reichl's KeePass Addon v1.08-070912

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] Dominik Reichl's KeePass Addon v1.08-070912

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:25 pm

I was making this for a friend anyway and rds_correia requested it here, so I decided to share my customised version of this which has some basic configurations (like start minimised to taskbar) and the rest you will have to set up for yourself on first run, including your personal language preferences and any plugins that you wish to enable (I have disabled them all by default).

Please note that the uninstaller will remove all your personal settings but NOT your password database files, however I would STRONGLY urge you to make sure you save your .kdb files somewhere OTHER than the program folder, because I will NOT be held responsible for any loss of personal data you might occur from uninstalling this.

Also please note that I will NOT be updating this addon when it goes to version v2 Final, because I don't use this anymore in my personal builds and have no motivation to maintain stuff that I don't use.

KeePass Password Safe v1.08
LINK: MrsP_KeePass_Addon_v1.08-070912
MD5: 7E041B3B6353165E106284DB1E60A8AD
SIZE: 1.63 MB
Description: Light-weight and easy-to-use password manager
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2007/04/16
Language: Multi-language
Title: KeePass
Version: 1.08
License: Open Source
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Security\KeePass"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, reg entries and personal settings
What is KeePass?
Today you need to remember many passwords. You need a password for the Windows network logon, your e-mail account, your homepage's ftp password, online passwords (like CodeProject member account), etc. etc. etc. The list is endless. Also, you should use different passwords for each account. Because if you use only one password everywhere and someone gets this password you have a problem... A serious problem. The thief would have access to your e-mail account, homepage, etc. Unimaginable.
KeePass is a free/open-source password manager or safe which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key-disk. So you only have to remember one single master password or insert the key-disk to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).
Is it really free?
Yes, KeePass is really free, and more than that: it is open-source (OSI certified). You can have a look at its full source and for example check if the encryption algorithms are implemented correctly.
Perhaps you wonder why I decided to make it open-source. The answer is relatively simple: in my opinion all software that has something to do with security should be open-source.

I have a funny feeling I have seen a switchless addon for this already... may have been RogueSpear? But anyhoo this is a proper addon which I prefer myself.

:D

[Edit 2007/06/20] Updated to version v1.07 - PLEASE NOTE I will not be maintaining this pack anymore when it goes to v2 series
[Edit 2007/08/07] Rebuilt with uninstaller and removed some obsolete plugins from the pack
[Edit 2007/09/12] Updated to version v1.08, added 34 extra language files and 8 plugins from the KeePass website
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 11 times in total.

rds_correia

Post by rds_correia » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:29 pm

I love you!!! :shock:
Just don't tell me you're married already :lol:.
Cheers
Rui

Yep, he's back for good :P.
Axl, WTF took you so long when we needed you so much??!!

GUNS---N---ROSES! GUNS---N---ROSES! GUNS---N---ROSES!

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:33 pm

My friends would all tell you that I am married to my computer :lol:

But seriously tho, I could never marry a Guns and Roses fan ;)

rds_correia

Post by rds_correia » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:45 pm

Mrs Peel wrote:My friends would all tell you that I am married to my computer :lol:
Damn! I'm obviously no match to that computer of your's :(.
But seriously tho, I could never marry a Guns and Roses fan ;)
/Off topic On
Aha!
Stay tuned.
He'll show the world who's the best rock band frontman (ever!) when he walks on stage on May 27th for GN'Rs appearance in Rock in Rio - Lisboa :P.
I'll be there on the front row: heat your heart out :lol:.
/Off topic Off

Thank you soooo much for the addon Mrs Peel ;).
Rui

Yep, he's back for good :P.
Axl, WTF took you so long when we needed you so much??!!

GUNS---N---ROSES! GUNS---N---ROSES! GUNS---N---ROSES!

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:56 pm

Don't waste your time trying to convince me how wonderful Axel is cos I hate rock and metal music.

I'm a strictly nu-jazz and afro-latin kinda gal ;)

pyroman1

KeePass 1.05 released

Post by pyroman1 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:02 am

Will you be updating this to the latest version?
God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion…What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is its natural manure. ~ Thomas Jefferson

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:45 am

-psst- little hint.. she seems to have dropped off the face of the earth, so it might not be updated..

i for one wish her well and hope that she does come back here though! she made some killer addons :)

-edit- i took a look at the addon above and it seems quite simple to update to the latest version.. pm me for the file or if one of the mods could let me know if its ok i could upload the updated addon to somewhere for everyone to use (i dont want to step on anyones toes or annoy MrsP if she does come back :oops: )

TechnoHunter

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:44 am

Awww thanks TechnoHunter, I didn't know you cared ;)

I've been away on sick leave for a few months and got quite a few updates to catch up on. Will go add this to my "To Do" list. Cheers for headsup pyroman.

pyroman1

Post by pyroman1 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:51 pm

Glad to hear you are back, hope all is well now.

TechnoHunter made a addon for me and I was just able to install it today. It worked great if you want to just use his.
God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion…What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is its natural manure. ~ Thomas Jefferson

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:06 pm

WOOT!!! welcome back Mrs.P! glad things are better for ya now :) (i hope at least)

TechnoHunter

msdemich

Re: [Release] KeePass Password Safe Addon Pack 1.04

Post by msdemich » Sun May 06, 2007 1:52 pm

Mrs Peel wrote:I have a funny feeling I have seen a switchless addon for this already... may have been RogueSpear? But anyhoo this is a proper addon which I prefer myself.

:D
Yep, but I prefer your true addons as well. Keep up the good work.

Thanks.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:37 am

LOL TechnoHunter, that was a premature ejaculation. Work gobbled me up again for another six months longer than I expected. Sorry for the delay peeps....

Slavic38

Post by Slavic38 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:00 pm

Hi, first of all thank You for the wonderful addons. Ptfb is an oldie that I used long ago and forgot about. I also got Your kerio and other addons.

Now I wanted to suggest that instead of KeePass You try "AI RoboForm" because it's a "push-button web form filler with some serious Artificial Intelligence (AI) inside. It allows you to define your personal profile or "usual" responses to a web form.". If You order online or such You will appreciate it. It "will also save (and assist in managing) your passwords"

"AI RoboForm 4.6.8 (last uncrippled freeware version)" can be found here: http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/page7.html there still is a freeware version and one for USB drive and I don't know the diference between current and the "last uncrippled freeware version".

While I'm at it, another great freeware program is http://www.dvd43.com. It will decrypt DVDs on the fly. Great for foreign region original DVDs my family sent me. I would modify it not to run at startup because it will interfere with non DVD discs.

Thanks again for great addons.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:39 pm

nice proggy and addon here too!

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:19 pm

newsposter wrote:nice proggy and addon here too!
And even nicer now that I made an uninstaller for it. Enjoy ;)

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:55 pm

as Ive said a lot lately (but never enough)

woot!

kHaN

Post by kHaN » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:28 pm

nice too see you got this tool in your collection!
atm i'm using my own svcpack addon with simple switch but i just discovered that your install would save me lot space hehe :)
would you be so kind to update your addon to v1.08? :>
feel free to keep my errors
ihr dürft all meine Fehler für euch behalten

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:10 am

kHaN wrote:atm i'm using my own svcpack addon with simple switch but i just discovered that your install would save me lot space hehe :)
would you be so kind to update your addon to v1.08? :>
Well this update that you requested might not save you so much space after all, cos I decided to add all the language files and plugins available on their website in this latest release, which has doubled the file size ;)

kHaN

Post by kHaN » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:59 am

anyway, thx for the update mrs. peel ! :)
and at least i got all the plugins in it now!! hehe

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:36 am

kHaN wrote:....at least i got all the plugins in it now!! hehe
And not to forget, German language support for you now also :P

It was actually when I noticed your profile says you are in Germany that it suddenly dawned on me that there was multi-language support for this. I try my best to make sure that all my installers include every non-english language file possible (even when it means, in many cases, that I have to download 30 or 40 of them manually from the developers website and write a heap of extra inf code for them), but it seems I completely overlooked that factor in my previous versions of this pack.

And then that got me to thinking how much I detest having to go and download extra bits and pieces for software post-install (there are much more important things that require our time and attention post-setup without adding that to the list hehehe) so I thought it would be kind to users of this (I am no longer a user myself BTW, which is why I won't be supporting it anymore when v2 becomes full final) if I add all available plugins also - even though they are all disabled.

So yeh, it means a big hike in the cab size, but I think for peeps who need those extra features/languages it is a small trade-off for time saved later. And yanno, as much as I try, ya just can't keep everybody happy eh

Enjoy ;)

kHaN

Post by kHaN » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:03 am

wow.... i did not see your reply last time i visited this post (only the reply after my beg)
thx for the stress! :D
I try my best to make sure that all my installers include every non-english language file possible
THANK YOU!
but plz don't forget we nearly all can speek/understand english (at least a bit) so plz don't kill yourself while trying to keep us happy :D (...don't get my wrong i appreciate your decision :P)
so I thought it would be kind to users of this
sure, it is! :o
Enjoy Wink
i do :!: :!:

anyways i am here again to annoy you again :? there was again an update of keeppass (v.1.09) and there was a bunch of bugfixing going on: *changelog* and i wanted to ask :oops: if you could update your addon :rolleyes:

regards from Germany (near Stuttgart)
kHaN

msdemich

Post by msdemich » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:54 pm

I love this app.

Thanks Mrs Peel!