[Release] NTWind TaskSwitchXP Addon v2.0.11-070807

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] NTWind TaskSwitchXP Addon v2.0.11-070807

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:32 am

There are two other versions of this posted here but both breech the licensing requirements as they do not include a copy of the authors license. This version installs into a different folder than the other two releases and also will work with Windows 2000 as well as XP and 2003 (which the other versions did not).

With this latest build I have added all the language file addons that are currently available on their website

TaskSwitchXP v2.0.11
LINK: MrsP_TaskSwitchXP_Addon_v2.0.11-070807
MD5: 8EF39C4EE6BEF81693DD95451078DC2A
SIZE: 247 KB
Description: Task management utility to replace Windows Alt+Tab switch.
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2006/08/08
Language: Multi-language
Title: TaskSwitchXP
Version: 2.0.11
License: Open Source
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Desktop\TaskSwitch"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, autostart reg entries and personal settings
Introduction
TaskSwitchXP is an advanced task management utility that picks up where the standard Windows Alt+Tab switcher leaves off. It provides the same functionality, and adds visual styles to the dialog and also enhances it by displaying thumbnail preview of the application that will be switched to. TaskSwitchXP also has a powerful process and window management capability that allows you quickly to close/minimize applications and their groups. The unique capabilities of TaskSwitchXP make it useful for tracking down multitudinous windows, and provide insight into the way Windows and applications work.
Main Features:
* Small and FAST! Pure Win32 API programming guaranteed for fast running with high graphic quality. TaskSwitchXP is optimized for Windows XP. It takes a few system resources and uses less than 1 MB memory for certain!
* Designed for Windows XP, based on XP Visual Styles. Unlike the standard Windows switcher, TaskSwitchXP can render using Windows XP Visual Styles the end user currently has selected. TaskSwitchXP also allows standard Windows XP shadow and transparency effects, fade animation and more.
* Window snapshots as thumbnail preview. TaskSwitchXP displays small screenshot of the currently selected application in addition to the associated icon and caption. All child windows of the task are displayed on the preview image including modal dialogs and floating palettes.
* Task management capability. TaskSwitchXP provides a lot of advanced task management capabilities with handy popup menus and multiple selections.
* Highly configurable. TaskSwitchXP can be customized on a per-user basis with optional font and color settings, interface schemes, list and preview styles, appearance effects, hotkeys, exclusions and more.
* Full mouse and keyboard control. Besides the classical Alt-Tab switching, TaskSwitchXP fully supports mouse and keyboard control. You can switch and manage tasks a lot faster using the mouse wheel and shortcut keys!
* Multilingual user interface. TaskSwitchXP supports language extensions (Unicode based). If you would like to localize TaskSwitchXP to your native language, see instructions at TaskSwitchXP\lang\ subfolder. Then you can submit your translation at TaskSwitchXP forum!
* Full source code available!!! TaskSwitchXP is distributed very free under an open source license.

Enjoy (or not)

:D

[Edit 2007/06/23] Updated to version v2.0.11
[Edit 2007/08/06] Rebuilt with uninstaller and changed install directory
[Edit 2007/08/07] Updated to add 33 language files
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:28 am, edited 6 times in total.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:52 am

Updated....

biatche
I can't read

Post by biatche » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Woooo thumbs up. Waited for this for ages. THX

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Re: [Recoded] NTWind TaskSwitchXP Addon v2.0.11-070806

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:26 pm

Rebuilt with uninstaller.

After I uploaded this I discovered that there is a forum on their website which has a huge pile of additional language files, so I will update this again some time in the next few days for multi-language support when I can find some free time.

Cheers

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:48 pm

Well, as it turns out......

I actually managed to find a few spare moments on my coffee break this morning.... and fortuitously, Ryan was online to upload for me on the spot hehehe....

Full multi-language support now.... too many to list, so check their forum page to find out ;)

keegan

Post by keegan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:43 am

I gotta say this is a really cool program, and I'm glad that someone is keeping a current addon version of this up to date. Call me weird but I'm just not a silent installer type of guy. Thanks Mrs. Peel

rubab

Post by rubab » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:24 am

Thank you very much

rds_correia

Post by rds_correia » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:49 am

Hi MsP.
You gotta know that I love your work even though I don't use it myself.
So many nifty little powerful freeware tools that I wouldn't know of if it weren't for you...
Besides you being a gal and all bring a je ne sais quoi to the forum :P.
There's something wrong with this one's link in the member submitted addon packs download list.
Could you check that with the maintainer(s) of that post?
It's not linking right to your lovely nlitened.org site.
Thanks and keep on going with this wonderful work.
Cheers
Rui

Yep, he's back for good :P.
Axl, WTF took you so long when we needed you so much??!!

GUNS---N---ROSES! GUNS---N---ROSES! GUNS---N---ROSES!

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:27 am

rds_correia wrote:There's something wrong with this one's link in the member submitted addon packs download list.
Could you check that with the maintainer(s) of that post?
It's not linking right to your lovely nlitened.org site.
Hehehe I am one of the "maintainer(s) of that post" and that was my own bad edit (oops) :oops:

Fixed now and cheers for the headsup ;)

Mandarin

Post by Mandarin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:12 am

Didn't notice that this also works on windows 2ooo when I donwloaded this previously. Going to use it on my 2000 build together with the fixed transparent icon addon for W2K.
Thanks Mrs. P

SnogBird

A must have

Post by SnogBird » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:48 am

Thanks for putting in the uninstaller, MP... not that I would *ever* uninstall this one, but for some reason I prefer to have uninstallers for anything I add on. Maybe it's the OCD in me, but if it isn't on the Add/Remove Programs list, it isn't installed (in my own head, anyway).

Thanks again!