[Release] Net Transport Addon v1.90.267-070825

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] Net Transport Addon v1.90.267-070825

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:36 am

This is the last freeware version of Net Transport before it went to shareware (currently at version 2.10). I haven't seen anything new in more recent versions that I felt I was missing out on and I love how nicely it integrates with FlashGot Firefox extension.

There is no longer documentation for this older version on their website, but you will find some fairly comprehensive documentation included in this addon pack. Installer also adds a shortcut in start menu, cos I use this a lot ;)

Net Transport v1.90.267
LINK: MrsP_Net_Transport_Addon_v1.90.267-070825
MD5: B2BB4B6F2F63944607CFE5511A53B176
SIZE: 1.34 MB
Description: Download manager for most internet protocols
Op System: Windows 2000, XP Home, XP Pro & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2004/06/20
Language: Multi-language
Title: Net Transport
Version: 1.90.267
License: Freeware
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Internet\NetTransport"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, reg entries and personal settings
Net Transport
How many times you like to locally save the streaming media, and you can’t find any appropriate tool to accomplish this simple task. Thanks to Net Transport (NetXfer), now it’s a piece of cake to do it with the help of this magic tool. Net Transport can download MMS and RTSP streaming by multiple threads with perfect video & audio quality. There are some other great features, like "Site Manager" which allows you to keep the active connection with the remote servers. In addition, the support for both SSL and SSH is hardly found in other upload/download tools.

Main Features:
* You can use the simple but powerful "File Manager" to categorize and manage downloaded files more efficiently.
* Simple multi-user management. You can maintain several databases by logging on Windows with different username.
* You can use the inbuilt "Site Explorer" to list the directory structure of the remote server, and easily select the desired files. FTP is the most powerful item in NetXfer.
* FTP reuse mechanism allows you to use one connection to get different files from the same site. If you like, you can use accessory FTP client tool called "FTP Transport (FtpXfer)".
* The "Multiple Proxies mode" allows you to assign every working thread a different proxy to break certain site restrictions, like only one connection per IP.
* Proxies with NTLM authentication can penetrate local firewall, like Microsoft ISA 2000.
* You can adjust the bandwidth usage of Net Transport to ensure surf at the same time.
* Monitor browser click. And you can add links through Internet Explorer extended context menu, or drag links to the "drop zone" window, etc.
* Net Transport can automatically shutdown the system or hang up the modem once all downloads are completed.
* Multilingual support for the user interface. I will be glad if you help me localize NetXfer.
* NTLM authentication is supported for both MMS and RTSP. In addition, RN5 authentication works for RTSP.
* You can use multi-threads for both MMS and RTSP to significantly reduce the time of downloads.
* Automatically parse streaming script such as .asx, .smi to acquire real URLs.
* Support SSL encryption for both HTTP and FTP, which is called https and ftps. Also support one-time password to protect your authentication information. Normally password is in the form of clear text, which is easily stolen by IP packet monitor tools. Presently NetXfer is the only one can download https streaming via SOCKS5.
* Support SSH encryption, which is hardly found in other upload/download tools for Windows.
* The flexible "Scheduler Manager" is also most powerful item in NetXfer. Even you can record the dynamic URL according to time and save it as your desire filename.
* In version 2, you can record the clip with range.

A very very big thanks to Boooggy for helping me out on the reg entries for the original addon, to Yumeyao who showed me the correct way to add multi-language support and to rick's trick that I used to apply Yumeyao's reg language tip ;)

Enjoy (or not)

:D

[Edit 2007/07/24] Rebuilt to include an uninstaller and add proper multi-language file registration, removed the runtimes dlls that were included in original installer, so you better make sure your own system has these if you want this to work ;)
[Edit 2007/07/27] Minor inf tweak so that Firefox FlashGot plugin will locate this properly
[Edit 2007/08/04] Rebuilt optional components section and optimised some stuff in the inf file
[Edit 2007/08/11] Improved startmenu shortcut install method
[Edit 2007/08/25] Tweaked uninstall reg entries to force a proper icon to display in Add/Remove programs
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:56 am, edited 11 times in total.

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:39 am

Thanks Mrs Peel, this ought to come in handy.

mgadallah

Post by mgadallah » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:25 am

Thanks Mrs Peel
Mohamed

Firon

Post by Firon » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:16 pm

On a sort-of related note, Flashgot and Filterset.G Updater do not get along (they cause memory leaks when both are installed).
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problematic_extensions

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:30 am

well, i'm intending to make (and has done) a multi-lang Addon.
as multi-lang NT is, Mrs peel has set the english entries for IE right-click menu.
and mine satisfies users of any language it supports.
also i copied a japanese translation from higher version, then "downdated" it to 1.90.

now it is being tested.

and yet.... I hate what NT is now, but like this old-fashioned one. this old one is perfect in use.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:01 am

I'm interested to hear what you are doing with this yumeyao, and I totally agree that since they went shareware they have totally mutilated this software which was perfect as it was.

This happens with so much freeware that moves to shareware - they decide they want to make some money from it and then add a few useless frilly bits to the first shareware version to encourage people who don't know any better to think if they pay them some money they will get a better program - which is really ever the case. Instead they just get bloatware.

Regarding the lack of language packs in this addon - I am embarrassed to say (being one of my very first ever addon releases) I didn't know any better at the time and neglected to include all the files that were in the original installer. As I am rebuilding all my old packs to include installers I am discovering that I did this with HEAPs of my early work.

I am actually rebuilding this Net Transport addon over the weekend and had intended to put back into the updated pack all those missing bits I left out of this first release. As I am older and wiser now I realise how respectful that is for our non-english members.

Is there something in particular that I will need to do to make sure that it is fully supportive of asian languages?

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:18 pm

its not a issue with asian language, but any no-english language.
the user can only get "download by nettransport" this ENGLISH ie right-click menu item.

and i 've pmed you for details.

-----------------------------------------------------
new version splitted ftp browser out.
newer version added bit torrents support.
neweset even added emule support.

i just can't understand this... now you must run another program to do ftp.
and the bt and emule support are uesless, you can never have a full bt/emule expierence on this Http/ftp/mms based downloader, unless it has 3 interfaces and can be switched by any time you click on a job of different protrol some day.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:57 pm

Updated with uninstaller and proper multi-language support, thanks to Yumeyao!

keegan

Post by keegan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:12 am

Hello again,

I noticed that this and the new uTorrent addon both add a shortcut in the Internet folder and the root start menu folder. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough but I can't figure out why. It's not in the add shortcut section, is it? Is it some weird bug? Or is it on purpose?

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:06 am

keegan wrote:I noticed that this and the new uTorrent addon both add a shortcut in the Internet folder and the root start menu folder. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough but I can't figure out why. It's not in the add shortcut section, is it? Is it some weird bug? Or is it on purpose?
It's not a bug, it's a feature :P

I use a slightly unusual method to add shortcuts to my start menu, cos the regular way risks deleting the entire startmenu folder on uninstall if there's only one shortcut in there.

All apps that I use constantly have start menu shortcuts, but I usually remember to mention that in my release notes.

Will update them now to make that clear. Thanks for bringing this to my attention ;)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:07 am

keegan wrote:I noticed that this and the new uTorrent addon both add a shortcut in the Internet folder and the root start menu folder. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough but I can't figure out why. It's not in the add shortcut section, is it? Is it some weird bug? Or is it on purpose?
It's not a bug, it's a feature :P

I use a slightly unusual method to add shortcuts to my start menu, cos the regular way risks deleting the entire startmenu folder on uninstall if there's only one shortcut in there.

All apps that I use constantly have start menu shortcuts, but I usually remember to mention that in my release notes.

Will update them now to make that clear. Thanks for bringing this to my attention ;)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:36 am

Rebuilt optional components section so it will hide properly in Windows Components Wizard now....

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:39 am

Minor change to improve startmenu shortcut install method by using a rick trick....

mashimus

Post by mashimus » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:42 pm

Downloading... will see how it compares to Copy Handler...!

Thanks ....

BTW.. I love how you organised all the programs into the category folders.. I hate having a massive program files list...!! you set the standard for everyone to follow...!

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:16 am

Minor tweak to make icon look pretty in Add/Remove programs applet.....

keegan

Post by keegan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:16 am

Hey Mrs. P, looks like you've been busy as hell (as always).... I've been gone for four days or so and you've rebuilt things I thought were nuked, built an addons list page (which I think was sorely needed), which looks good by the way...... and I'm sure lots of other things.

Not to make too much small talk, but I really like this addon and I just thought I should give you a big thanks for it. It doesn't always work for downloading some things, but I've found it quite useful nonetheless, I even bought GetRight years ago, but I just use this one now.