Nesting Addons in "Add/Remove Windows Components"

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Zacam

Nesting Addons in "Add/Remove Windows Components"

Post by Zacam » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:48 am

Suppose you've got a few addons that you want to have the ability to add or remove via the windows "Add/Remove Windows Components".

This is already done.

However, did you know that you can subcategorize or nest them? Much like removing a windows game requires going through "Accessories & Utilities" then "Games", you can make your addons subcategorize as well.

Code: Select all

[Optional Components]
[color=yellow]RVMAddons[/color]
MyAddon

[color=yellow][RVMAddons]
OptionDesc = "RyanVM Addons"
Tip = "Location of all integrated Addons"[/color]

[MyAddon]
OptionDesc = "MyAddon"
Tip = "This is my addon"
[color=yellow]Parent = RVMAddons[/color]
Modes = 0,1,2,3
CopyFiles = main
RegisterDlls = DLLs.Register
This will make it so that once this addon is installed, it can be found under RVMAddons in "Add/Remove Windows Components" along with any others that are present there. You can nest even further if you want, so long as each level is listed under the main [Optional Components] section.

[Optional Components]
[color=yellow]Blah[/color]
MyAddon

[color=yellow][Blah]
OptionDesc = "Blah"
Parent = RVMAddons
Tip = "Location of all integrated Blah Addons"[/color]

[MyAddon]
OptionDesc = "MyAddon"
Tip = "This is my addon"
[color=yellow]Parent = Blah[/color]
Modes = 0,1,2,3
CopyFiles = main
Would then nest this addon one layer lower.

Hope people find this useful, I'd like to see more of it's use. I'm currently converting all the addons I use to make for a cleaner "Add/Remove Windows Components" screen. IMO, the results from this are much more professional looking than having a few hundred entries.

(Naturally, for this to work, your SYSOC.INF entry defined in your entries_*.ini needs to not have HIDE in it. A well made and uninstallable addon really shouldn't be hiding itself in the first place.)
Last edited by Zacam on Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mindwarper

Re: Nesting Addons in "Add/Rmove Windows Components&

Post by mindwarper » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:51 pm

I believe u made a little mistake there, let me show u exactly where
Zacam wrote:(...)
This will make it so that once this addon is installed, it can be found under RVMAddons in "Add/Remove Windows Components" along with any others that are present there. You can nest even further if you want, so long as each level is listed under the main [Optional Components] section.

[Optional Components]
MyAddon

[color=yellow][RVMAddons][/color] [color=#33CCFF]<--- This is WRONG[/color]
[color=yellow]OptionDesc = "Blah"
Parent = RVMAddons

[MyAddon]
OptionDesc = "MyAddon"
Tip = "This is my addon"
Modes = 0,1,2,3
CopyFiles = main
Would then nest this addon one layer lower.
(...)
That should be this I think:

[Optional Components]
MyAddon

[color=#33CCFF][Blah] <--- This is CORRECT[/color]
[color=yellow]OptionDesc = "Blah"
Parent = RVMAddons

[MyAddon]
OptionDesc = "MyAddon"
Tip = "This is my addon"
Modes = 0,1,2,3
CopyFiles = main
The change is highlited in lightblue font ;)
The rest and the Idea is great I am applying it to all my add-ons right now !!! ;)
Hope you agree to that what I suppose, and if you don't believe me take a look at accessor.inf file in your windows\infhow that is built up :)
That is where I noticed it :D

Xable

Post by Xable » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:31 pm

Nice info Zacam thank`s.

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:15 pm

@mindwarper: *chuckles* Quite right, I did typo indeed. Thanks for noticing that. :) Updated main post.

@Xable: Thanks and you're welcome! I'm just surprised that _I_ found something useful for people. :)

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:36 pm

Zacam I have a quite difficult question for u:

For example let#s take the Kel's Lite/Uber Addon Packs for example... :)
He has made a good pack (very good indeed), with several features that can be uninstalled.
These features/progs are:
  • Attribute Changer 5.23
  • NirSoft Utilities
  • TaskSwitch XP (which I remove manually from INF)
  • RegShot (also removed by me in INF)
And now let's take your nesting of addons in Add/Remove Windows Components in Control Panel... :)

I have already done so for RVM Updatepack 2.0.6 [WGA Tray Removed] and the UberPack as a whole
That suggests that I probably cannot make the uninstallable components of the UberPack appear there in Windows Components, unless I provide the necessary entries in sysoc.inf via entries_UberPack.ini, right ???

That would mean that I would hace to make separate inf files for those components ??? Uninstall info only will suffice, I guess (e.g. like included NirSoft.inf in latest UberPack, which contains only uninstall info for NirSoft utils). Along with that goes the "nesting" information as you provided in this thread...
Or is nesting inside UberPack.inf enough to accomplish this goal ??? If that is the case, would simplify my work a little bit, otherwise more work, but hey I like doing so... :wink:

Is my question a bit clear to you ? It is something I want to accompülish own my own, cos I am like someone that is persistent... I don't want to give up yet, or it must be completely impossible to do...
Last edited by mindwarper on Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:45 pm

Nesting within the uber-pack inf would be more than sufficient.

Sysoc only needs the singular entry to point to the installation inf of the uber-pack.

If there are elements in the uber-pack that have seperate inf's (and seperate sysoc entries for them) then nesting modifications would have to occur there.

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:49 pm

Zacam wrote:Nesting within the uber-pack inf would be more than sufficient.

Sysoc only needs the singular entry to point to the installation inf of the uber-pack.

If there are elements in the uber-pack that have seperate inf's (and seperate sysoc entries for them) then nesting modifications would have to occur there.
That means for the NirSoft part in UberPack a entry must be done in entries_UberPack.ini, since nirsoft.in_ file exists ???

And what examples are there then of multiple sysoc entries ???
Just interested, trying to learn ;) NO offense

OK now it is time for me to go to bed, have ben playing around with inf and ini files all night... and outside is become light again, so time to get some rest... hhehe :lol:

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:01 am

This isn't done in the ini files. It's all done in the INF files. You need to edit the INF files that entries_UberPack.ini POINTs to if you want to have all of it's elements nesting.

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:16 am

That is simply perfect then yeah :wink:
Glad that I asked now, i can sleep tight and continue tomorrow ;) erm correction today actually hehhehe :lol:

Thanks again Zacam ;)

fearphage

Post by fearphage » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:31 am

From my current understanding of inf files, you could easily have one inf file uninstall multiple different and sperate applications:

[Fear.AddReg]
HKLM,%reg_path%,"DisplayName",,Fear Utility 
HKLM,%reg_path%,"UninstallString",,"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %17%\test.inf,UninstallFear"

[Phage.AddReg]
HKLM,%reg_path%,"DisplayName",,Phage Utility 
HKLM,%reg_path%,"UninstallString",,"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %17%\test.inf,UninstallPhage"

[UninstallFear]
DelFiles  = Fear.main,Fear.help
DelDirs   = Fear.dirs
DelReg    = Fear.AddReg

[UninstallPhage]
DelFiles  = Phage.main,Phage.help
DelDirs   = Phage.dirs
DelReg    = Phage.AddReg

[CompleteUninstall]
DelFiles  = Fear.main,Fear.help,Phage.main,Phage.help
DelDirs   = Fear.dirs,Phage.dirs
DelReg    = Fear.AddReg,Phage.AddReg
I'm not sure if I exactly responded to the correct question. This seems like a great idea especially for packs of addons from the same vendors and things.

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:29 am

And what happens to the inf if the separate programs have their own uninstall procedure, like Unlocker for instance ???
How does that translate to Add/Remove Windows Components ???

to give an example of what is already there for Unlocker:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unlocker","DisplayName",,"Unlocker 1.8.3"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unlocker","UninstallString",,"%16422%\%UNLOCKER_dir%\uninst.exe"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unlocker","DisplayIcon",,"%16422%\%UNLOCKER_dir%\Unlocker.exe"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unlocker","DisplayVersion",,"1.8.3"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unlocker","URLInfoAbout",,"http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unlocker","Publisher",,"Cedrick Collomb"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Unlocker","Language",,"1033"
How do I get access to the uninstall executable file from within Add/remove Windows Components ??? That is actually my question :wink:

Any1 shed some light on this wwould be gratefully thanked :)

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:55 pm

oh yeah BTW this is the layout I use for the addons in INF files
I comment out/delete the parts which I do not need for a particular Addon:

e.g. RyanVM Update Pack & Kels UberPack would go in SysGeneral, that's where I put 'em.
Same holds true for SysInternals Pack...
And Runtime Pack would go.... exactly in SysShell :)

[Optional Components]
Addons
SystemAddons
CPLAddons
SysGeneral
SysShell
SysOther
ProgAddons
MiscAddons
ThemesAddons

[Addons] 
OptionDesc	="ALL Addons (System, Control Panel, Themes, Other misc. Addons)"
Tip		="ALL Addons"

[SystemAddons]
OptionDesc	="All System related Addons (General, Shell, Control Panel, ...)"
Tip		="System"
Parent	="Addons"

[CPLAddons]
OptionDesc	="Control Panel Addons (better NOT remove them)"
Tip		="Control Panel"
Parent	="SystemAddons"

[SysGeneral]
OptionDesc	="General System Addons (better NOT remove them)"
Tip		="System [General]"
Parent	="SystemAddons"

[SysShell]
OptionDesc	="Shell System Addons (better NOT remove them)"
Tip		="System [Shell]"
Parent	="SystemAddons"

[SysOther]
OptionDesc	="All Other misc. System Addons (better NOT remove them)"
Tip		="System [Other]"
Parent	="SystemAddons"

[ProgAddons]
OptionDesc	="All Program Addons"
Tip		="Prgram Addons"
Parent	="Addons"

[MiscAddons]
OptionDesc	="All other misc. Addons"
Tip		="Miscellaneous"
Parent	="Addons"

[ThemesAddons]
OptionDesc	="Theme Addons"
Tip		="Themes"
Parent	="Addons"

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:26 pm

mindwarper wrote:And what happens to the inf if the separate programs have their own uninstall procedure, like Unlocker for instance ???
How does that translate to Add/Remove Windows Components ???
How do I get access to the uninstall executable file from within Add/remove Windows Components ??? That is actually my question :wink:

Any1 shed some light on this wwould be gratefully thanked :)
No ideas then ??? :?
I suposse I will dig in to that later then...

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:31 pm

Uninstall would operate perfectly fine. It's going to (on uninstall) do whatever the INF set inplace when it installed in the first place.
Unlockers uninstall isn't a problem because it's an added registry key tied to the values of Unlocker itself. Plus, windows Add/Remove (unless deliberately told otherwise) defaults to retaining the INF used to install applications. So, you'd only have a problem if A: you deleted the INF from %windir%\inf _AND_ B: The INF is still required for another program to un/install.

However, the question is still very legitimate in regards to another addon: Kel's Foxit Reader addon. This addon does not have a tradition installer, rather, it uses the INF section [RemoveMe] and an uninstall string placed in the registry to call to read the [RemoveMe] section from the INF and process it.

So what if we have 2 programs that have no actual uninstaller, thereby necessitating a [RemoveMe] for both of them?

I'm working on testing that one out, but for the moment, don't try putting 2 [RemoveMe] needed applications into the same INF.

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:24 am

Zacam wrote:Uninstall would operate perfectly fine. It's going to (on uninstall) do whatever the INF set inplace when it installed in the first place.
Unlockers uninstall isn't a problem because it's an added registry key tied to the values of Unlocker itself. Plus, windows Add/Remove (unless deliberately told otherwise) defaults to retaining the INF used to install applications. So, you'd only have a problem if A: you deleted the INF from %windir%\inf _AND_ B: The INF is still required for another program to un/install.

However, the question is still very legitimate in regards to another addon: Kel's Foxit Reader addon. This addon does not have a tradition installer, rather, it uses the INF section [RemoveMe] and an uninstall string placed in the registry to call to read the [RemoveMe] section from the INF and process it.

So what if we have 2 programs that have no actual uninstaller, thereby necessitating a [RemoveMe] for both of them?

I'm working on testing that one out, but for the moment, don't try putting 2 [RemoveMe] needed applications into the same INF.
For that I actually create a separate INF file like the NirSoft.inf file found in Kels Uberpack (go look) and call that inf file from the main INF file ;)

works fine ;)
It is nice if u can work on something for yourself, if someone has given you a particular working format :)
Tjanks Kel for that !!! ;)

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:25 am

Mwhahahahahhaahahhahah Your very welcome.

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:59 am

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:Mwhahahahahhaahahhahah Your very welcome.
eh credit where it's due huh :P - lol
By using this thread i've reworked Kel's UberBack, CPLBonus Pack, and several others too, even up to RVM Update Pack 2.0.6, :D

fearphage

Post by fearphage » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:19 am

I don't understand. Whats the purpose of sepearate inf files? You can define each sections on uninstall routine easily like this:

[Fear.AddReg]
HKLM,%reg_path%,"DisplayName",,Fear Utility 
HKLM,%reg_path%,"UninstallString",,"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %17%\test.inf,UninstallFear"

[Phage.AddReg]
HKLM,%reg_path%,"DisplayName",,Phage Utility 
HKLM,%reg_path%,"UninstallString",,"rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %17%\test.inf,UninstallPhage"

[UninstallFear]
DelFiles  = Fear.main,Fear.help
DelDirs   = Fear.dirs
DelReg    = Fear.AddReg

[UninstallPhage]
DelFiles  = Phage.main,Phage.help
DelDirs   = Phage.dirs
DelReg    = Phage.AddReg

[CompleteUninstall]
DelFiles  = Fear.main,Fear.help,Phage.main,Phage.help
DelDirs   = Fear.dirs,Phage.dirs
DelReg    = Fear.AddReg,Phage.AddReg
This would mean each uninstall could have its own section to call and its own uninstall steps. Even if the uninstall process requires an exe, it doesn't matter as long as the uninstall information is removed from the registry (add/remove programs) afterwards.

For a detailed look of multiple installs and uninstalls, check out ms's accessory inf (located at \windows\inf\accessor.inf). It installs and uninstalls calc, clipbook, charmap, and some other variousoptional components all in one inf.
Where there is fear, wisdom cannot dwell.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:50 pm

Nesting Addons in "Add/Rmove Windows Components"
adding parents for each group of addons would b nice so it looks more like this layout or may b by name of the creator like [kels addons ], [MrsPeel addons] etc. only so it looks neat.
offcourse it can look like a directory too like for instance if u take a look at accessor.inf from the cd or accessories in add/remove pannel

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:30 pm

fearphage: Quite right. The accessories.inf does allow for multiple cases of install and uninstall. And it works providing it's written correctly. I hadn't yet at the time connected 1+1 to equal 2 when I wrote that though as my sleep schedule has been hell the past week.

ENU_user: Which was the whole point of bringing this to light was in the hopes that we can move away from everyone defining thier SYSOC entries in thier addon INI's as "HIDE" and instead categorize them for a less cluttered, cleaner presentation to allow for user choice. (naturally, I can understand the UpdatePack being "HIDE" but not all of the program/shell extensions/themes.)

Predominately, I went looking for this information because I want to make a disc that has addons, but not all of them are to be installed by default. I can tell them not to via the WINNT.SIF and install and remove later as I wish. And the ability to combine several smaller addons or to create a managed larger addon are prime benefits from this usage.

And all of this got started as I looked more at how integrator works and how INF's can and/or should be, specifically because I got tired of random "framedyn.dll is missing" errors.

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:32 pm

fearphage wrote:I don't understand. Whats the purpose of sepearate inf files? You can define each sections on uninstall routine easily like this:

This would mean each uninstall could have its own section to call and its own uninstall steps. Even if the uninstall process requires an exe, it doesn't matter as long as the uninstall information is removed from the registry (add/remove programs) afterwards.

For a detailed look of multiple installs and uninstalls, check out ms's accessory inf (located at \windows\inf\accessor.inf). It installs and uninstalls calc, clipbook, charmap, and some other variousoptional components all in one inf.
well for one reason I can keep the information inside a single INF file simple :)
I.e. this means one inf for installing and one for UNinstalling,

But you are quite right I can do it like MS accessor.inf file :)
That means reworking already done addons, but no problem I will do so starting tomorrow and when I return from my mother's place :)

Thanks for giving me updates, will incorporate them :)

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:02 pm

Erm a quick question:
as seen in MS accessor.inf u also have this line of indicated code:

[AccessTop]
OptionDesc = %AccessTop_DESC%
Tip        = %AccessTop_TIP%
IconIndex  = 26 ;Windows mini-icon for dialogs [color=#33FFFF]<-- very interesting[/color]
Parent     = AccessUtil
and this

IconPath = 10,,explorer.exe [color=#33FFFF]<-- very interesting too[/color]
Just an example eh, (not to be found in accessor.inf, the last line of code that is !!!

It would allow us to use little icons (e.g. taken from the addon .exe or windows Shell32.dll Icon database (IconIndex))
Just I don't know how I (and you guys) could get the right number for an icon to be displayed, in this case 26....

That would give even a more visual touch to addon listing in Add/Remove Win Components.

I've found this site, but it seems wrong and leat to say confusing, since it does not correspond to what is found in the accessor.inf file and the actual displayed icon in Add/remove Win Components
http://www.mvps.org/serenitymacros/iconlist.html
Any1 found better information on the net ???

This any better ???
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodte ... x?mfr=true
Last edited by mindwarper on Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xable

Post by Xable » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:34 pm

mindwarper, open the resource in resource hacker to find the icon number ;) windows will default to looking in shell32.dll for the icon if no file is specified also this MSDN link might help you.

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:41 pm

tx Xable as u posted this I found out myself ha ;)

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:42 pm

There's a fixed option to what icon's can be used by default. The exlporer one is calling to explorer itself to display it's own icon. I don't know if IconPath could be used for Parent groups instead of IconIndex, but I'll try and see.

mindwarper

Post by mindwarper » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:52 pm

Zacam wrote:There's a fixed option to what icon's can be used by default. The exlporer one is calling to explorer itself to display it's own icon. I don't know if IconPath could be used for Parent groups instead of IconIndex, but I'll try and see.
It seems parent groups can have their ion displayed as is depicted in MS accessor.inf for example :)
and it is shown in Add/remove Win Components...

Just FYI ;)
I am just curious which number does what... :?

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:45 pm

i beleive we are all wating for next virgin (like siginet whould say) ;)
where the integrator is able to expand a cabbed .inf file for edit.
if this feature is to b implemented then it will provide a better respective of what can b done with .*inf's

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:59 pm

*chuckles* That's one way of putting it.

In short, the question won't be "what can we do with them" but "what should we NOT do to them". :)

I'll admit, I've got a few addon's in the wings just waiting. And some of them even have addons to themselves. (think: Core component addon for an application that has variable install capabilities. Break those variations down into sub-addons that can modify the core addon based on the supplied sub-addons. w00t! Some crazy shiznit, lemme tell you. I love Winamp now more than ever.)

Xable

Post by Xable » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:13 am

ha.. your welcome :D

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:03 am

later on this role can b part of integrator
not needing [sysoc] in entrie.ini
so [sysoc] will b alternativly tasked by integrator itself with some set of base infs to handle and categorize addons components
by this its stays genuine to the same basic one tool which we use + more free control
for example :
integrator option : to make an addon stray as "optional" (unticked) in add/remove+having control what to install through a winnt.sif switch

then add/remove applet will begin to act and look more like it should

fearphage

Post by fearphage » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:54 am

This seems semi-useful. Realistically, I use a lot of addons to remove wasted/unneeded windows components from windows so i wouldn't want to use an addon with wasted/unneeded/optional components in it that I never plan on using.

Is it possible to add things as non-windows components? sysocmgr when giving the right input can bring up a window similar to the add/remove window for windows components.
Last edited by fearphage on Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where there is fear, wisdom cannot dwell.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:47 pm

lol i know its got nothing to do about using Optional add/remove Components as an application after all or how ur adding stuff but not removing , rather how sysoc is treated like zcam's input regurding setup and inf's + what other things can grow along doing so by feature

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:12 pm

@ all: i used nesting info as shown below in my theme addons, and also integrated some other addons which have nesting info too, and after setup, i got error messages about nesting sections; RVMAddons,Themes. and after opening "add/remove windows components" i got same errors too. after clicking ok, everything was seeming fine on "add/remove" section. my addons was listed under RVMAddons/Themes, and other addons was listed in their locations. so any info about that error messages?
here is what i used:

[Optional Components]
RVMAddons
Themes
NRTPC

[RVMAddons]
OptionDesc ="RyanVM Addons"
Tip ="Location of all integrated Addons"

[Themes]
OptionDesc = "Themes"
Parent =RVMAddons
Tip ="Location of all integrated Theme Addons" 

[NRTPC]
.............normal setup info.......
Here are error causing themes:

http://d.turboupload.com/d/768736/NR_MediaCenter_Addon_1.1.cab.html
http://d.turboupload.com/d/768756/NR_TabletPC_Addon_1.1.cab.html
Has anybody ever experienced errors about nesting sections? Is it an error by my side, or not? Also, thanx to all of you for this info. :wink:

orcoxp

Post by orcoxp » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:38 pm

Is ther a way we can show the addon in Windows Components but disable the check box so it can't be clicked?
Chris Thomson
AKA OrcoXP

PHP/MySQL/phpMyAdmin 2 & 3 successfully running simultaneously on XP SP3 IIS.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:10 pm

a quick Reconfiguration to sysoc.inf can be achieved with answer files
for example we used "install.txt" inside %windir%\inf\ for installing some addons that where configured not to install via winnt.sif but @runonce:

;install.txt
[Components]
uTorrent =on
WinRoll =off
NotePad++ =on
etc...
pushing the command:
sysocmgr.exe /i:%windir%\inf\sysoc.inf /u:%windir%\inf\install.txt -q
will simply install or unistall addons unattendedly ..

different unswerfiles could be used for a quick reconfiguration
if its for repair installs, one uswerfile could be used to uninstall a group of addons wile the next can be for adding them back .. using a batchFile Command ..

type sysocmgr.exe /? (to check out the switch board)