[Request] Unicode Fonts Pack

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
synth

[Request] Unicode Fonts Pack

Post by synth » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:07 pm

There's been a few font packs before,but none of them have any Unicode fonts in them :(

I need Unicode fonts badly.

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm

Put some together and post them here and I will build it for you.

cyberloner

Post by cyberloner » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:37 am

i need that too .... cannot use chinese star software now... lol

synth

Post by synth » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:18 pm

You mean NJ Star? :) I loved that software.
Not only that,you also can't display Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters in Winamp and Foobar2000 without having Unicode fonts installed.
Needed for Office apps too.

cyberloner

Post by cyberloner » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:32 pm

hmm... by setting regional setting to chinese PRC ... u can play mp3 with chinese simplified mp3 tag and can read well with windows.... if it is big 5 code... set to hong kong / taiwan .... u can read all big 5 chinese mp3 tag....
font is just useful in words / office etc only.... i can see a lot fonts simplified for GB code a lot online...
and latest winamp do support unicode font it own too..... means no need language setting to display song in unicode font format..... i think
just search on google.... but unicode font.... is hard to find i think.... that's work in big /gb mode....
china and taiwan is using different font....
china use gb
taiwan use big 5
incase some others reading this post and get confuse... =.=

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:43 am

yeah, NJ Star even doesn't work on my Chinese System! It seems only to work on Win98/ME.
umm. if you need some chinese fonts, i could offer.
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

synth

Post by synth » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:05 pm

All I know is the latest versions of M$ Office have tons of Unicode fonts,but there are *none* in XPSP2 :(

yumeyao

Post by yumeyao » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:27 pm

really.
perhaps i can help you with it.
wold you like all unicode fonts or only widely-used fonts?
My work list(Hosted by dumpydooby)

ssjkakaroto

Post by ssjkakaroto » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:23 pm

Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.

OCedHrt

Post by OCedHrt » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:51 pm

cyberloner wrote:hmm... by setting regional setting to chinese PRC ... u can play mp3 with chinese simplified mp3 tag and can read well with windows.... if it is big 5 code... set to hong kong / taiwan .... u can read all big 5 chinese mp3 tag....
font is just useful in words / office etc only.... i can see a lot fonts simplified for GB code a lot online...
and latest winamp do support unicode font it own too..... means no need language setting to display song in unicode font format..... i think
just search on google.... but unicode font.... is hard to find i think.... that's work in big /gb mode....
china and taiwan is using different font....
china use gb
taiwan use big 5
incase some others reading this post and get confuse... =.=
That is a horrible mindset to have. To change the system non-unicode support requires rebooting the system. So just so I can read the other 33% of my files, I need to reboot? Oh wait I forgot I needed that other one in a different encoding too. DOH!

WINAMP is also almost a POS because after years of "looking into unicode" they have still failed to deliver. They had a staff of ANSI C programmers who have no idea what they're doing. Winamp didn't support unicode until a mere 2 weeks ago (probably AOL made unicode possible), rather, it supported MBCS where you could specify the font and force the encoding, whether it's Big5, GB, Shift-JIS, or some other non-ANSI language. This results in a lot of audio being tagged in MBCS encodings all over the place due to the wide base of Winamp users, including freedb which has a unicode database T-T. Even now that Winamp supports unicode filenames and tags, I doubt that the freedb plugin that everyone uses to submit and download track information are unicode compliant >.<

If you happen to have Office, the most common unicode font would be Arial Unicode MS, which can be installed through advanced customizationa nd can be found under "Office Shared Features" -> "International Support" -> "Universal Font."

ahmerkhan

Post by ahmerkhan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:50 am

Mrs peel wrote a very good tutorial on how to make your own font pack Addon...