[Release] Windows Vista Games AIO (ported to XP)

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:24 am

Added mediafire.com links in first post, uploaded by joll69. Thanks very much for your time and effort joll69.

joll69

Post by joll69 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:24 pm

no problem MrNxDmX.

hmm...now all we need is chess and texas hold em...i think i can provide either or both of those if needed, but someone will need to patch them and what-not to get them working in xp (as i'm clueless with both VAIO and addon making :? )

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:54 am

Added megaupload.com links provided by joll69. Thanks very much.

ton80

Post by ton80 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:45 am

any luck on the chess?

Also thx for making it so that we can install on existing builds. :D
Ton80

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:01 am

Waiting VAIO to support RTM games in order to patch them, there is no other way to run them n on WinXP.

I re-compressed all addons containing the main addon for smaller size.
Also, uploaded them to accounts that RyanVM and RogueSpear opened.
Thanks very much to both for the free hosting.

Jaleelmalik

Post by Jaleelmalik » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:30 pm

Kindly use 7zip for better compression ratios thanks

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:24 pm

Hey Mr please get ahold of me on messenger.

We REALLY need to talk...

ton80

Post by ton80 » Mon May 07, 2007 10:49 am

so what is going on with this? Any luck on the chess one? Any news or what?
Ton80

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Mon May 07, 2007 5:36 pm

No news yet. I (or hopefully ricktendo64) will make them addon when they are available. But VAIO doesnt currently can patch the final games.

s2mishappy

Post by s2mishappy » Wed May 09, 2007 8:06 am

I downloaded : NR_VGamezMain_Addon_1.1.cab, NR_VGamezP5_Addon_1.1.cab, NR_VGamezP6_Addon_1.2.cab.

and install them with clean XPsp2 with the other addon:
5er_MSSignedThemes_v2.2_Addon, CXP_AddOnSuppress_igames, CXP_AddOnSuppress_moviemk, CXP_AddOnSuppress_msagent, CXP_AddOnSuppress_msmsgs, CXP_AddOnSuppress_msnmsn, CXP_AddOnSuppress_netmeeting, CXP_AddOnSuppress_sc, CXP_AddOnSuppress_srchasst, CXP_AddOnSuppress_tour, Foxy_7-Zip_4.42_Addon_v1.0, Foxy_dotNET_1.1_and_2.0_SVCPACK_Addon_v1.0, Kels_lite_addon_v3.2, Kels_OpenAL_addon_v1.9.9, Kels_RoyalMod_Addon_v1.3, Kels_VistaXP_addon_v1.3, KTTADDON_V1.4, MrsP_Neave_Flash_Games_Addon_v1.0.1, NR_CursorsAIO_Addon_1.7, PatchAddon_SFC_OS_v13c, PatchAddon_TCPIP_250_v13d, PatchAddon_UXTHEME_v13c, RH_OpusOS_theme_addon_v1.5, Ricks_Paint.Net_Addon_v3.05, RVMAddons_1.8.1, RVMAddonsDX9_1.3, TD_addons_7za, tg_Addons_w95inf_1.0.1, Themes_Kels_Midnight_Addon_1.7, Themes_Kels_Royale_Remixed_v1.46_addon, Themes_Kimbra_Addon_1, Themes_rytukz_Rista_3.1_addon, WMP11_TweakedAddon, Xable_OUE_OGA_v1.6_addon, and Xable_WinRAR-v3.51-RSA_addon. + RVMUpdatePack2.1.9.

and the result, I can play solitaire. but the solitaire was the XP's solitaire. not vista. and the chinese, it was error. so, whats the problem. I just removed them.

is there any runtime or what addon that I didnt intergreted ?
thanks

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Wed May 09, 2007 5:46 pm

s2mishappy, what was the error with chinese?

There is no other runtimes or needed files except the main addon for playing the games. I suggest you to try instlling them with inf files. extract the addons and right click the inf files, select install. Then choose the right cab file.
You launch the games from Start\All Programs\Vista Games. Did you launch them from that folder or used the default windows game?
Maybe the removal addons you used can cause sth but i'm not sure. I havent seen any other errors than vga error...

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:10 pm

@MrNxDmX I have made a HUGE!!! INF discovery... I know how to Re-Set the windowscodeintegrity.luacdf file as a systemfile like it was b4... Create another AddReg Section and add this to it
[Attributes.AddReg]
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG",,,"%16422%\Microsoft Games"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","Freecell",,"Freecell\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","Freecell2",,"Freecell\en-US\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","Hearts",,"Hearts\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","Hearts2",,"Hearts\en-US\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","Minesweeper",,"Minesweeper\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","Minesweeper2",,"Minesweeper\en-US\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","PurblePlace",,"Purble Place\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","PurblePlace2",,"Purble Place\en-US\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","Shanghai",,"Shanghai\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","Shanghai2",,"Shanghai\en-US\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","Solitaire",,"Solitaire\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","Solitaire2",,"Solitaire\en-US\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","SpiderSol",,"SpiderSolitaire\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\MSG","SpiderSol2",,"SpiderSolitaire\en-US\windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,6"
I will explain to you how it works, but some other day ;)

s2mishappy

Post by s2mishappy » Sat May 12, 2007 6:56 am

oh I dont know what was wrong there. it said like this :

Runtime Error!

Program : C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Shanghai\Shanghai.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an usual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

the same like solitaire, it has that error too. I've tried to intall the inf.
I'm using ATI Radeon 9600pro. driver 6.12.
maybe I'll try it on the other computer.
thx anyway...

here the pics

shanghai

solitaire

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sat May 12, 2007 7:05 am

Your pic links are no good.

But here is the BIG question?

"Did you also use the main addon that is REQUIRED to use theses games?"

s2mishappy

Post by s2mishappy » Sat May 12, 2007 7:28 am

sorry for the link... :p :">

yes, I used the main addon too. I used these add on :
* main add on : NR_VGamezMain_Addon_1.1.cab,
* Shanghai : NR_VGamezP5_Addon_1.1.cab,
* Solitaire: NR_VGamezP6_Addon_1.2.cab

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat May 12, 2007 3:56 pm

I think that you are trying to launch the games by directly launching the exe's. It will work for once but at second run, you'll get error message.
Use the cmd file or the startmenu shortcuts for launching games. This issue has talked before. You can check previous posts...

THanks very much ricktendo64, i got it added to the AIO addon. I will update it when i find more free time.

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Sat May 12, 2007 6:30 pm

Three little words...

Mahjong, mahjong, mahjong!! :shock: :shock:

...and maybe Chess too!! :P

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu May 17, 2007 6:53 pm

I updated the AIO addon pack. Now it has smaller size. The cab files in the previous addon didnt change. Only entries.ini and inf files changed. If you dont want to download whole 114mb addon, get entries and inf files here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/31899936/NR ... s.rar.html
Size: 3KB, MD5: D7C7F0204BFE2E19A8D45D17016CF772

I dont know when i wll update others for this little reg entry.

Thanks ricktendo64.

ton80

Post by ton80 » Fri May 18, 2007 6:32 am

RaGhul wrote:Three little words...

Mahjong, mahjong, mahjong!! :shock: :shock:

...and maybe Chess too!! :P

I guess you haven't checked out the Shanghai Solitare then. ;) It's the mahjongg.
Ton80

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue May 22, 2007 4:12 pm

I updated all 8 seperate addons with the entries ricktendo64 suggested.
All are version2 now.

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Tue May 22, 2007 4:30 pm

I used the 'All In One' (NR_VGamesAIO_Addon_v1.3.7z) addon and all the games seem to be working fine except for FreCell & Solitaire. It seems that the Vista versions of 'FreeCell & Solitaire' installed by this pack and the Windows XP default versions of these two games are identical, or atleast that's what it seems like to me. Am I missing something, or is it supposed to be like this? I can't imagine why they would be the same and thus it seems there might be a problem with the 'All In One' pack. Can you please confirm.

Thanks.

Edit: I checked the Install path and I notice that for some reason both FreeCell & Solitaire have the XP version exe files in the 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\' path. That explains why both versions seemed to be identical. Nw the question is why and how did the XP version EXE files get there. I extracted and copied the correct files from the addon (NR_VGamesAIO_Addon_v1.3.7z) and both the games are now working fine. Although in the case of Solitaire I had to change the properties of the shortcut to point to sol.exe since earlier the shortcut properties showed it to be pointing to solitaire.exe.

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Fri May 25, 2007 12:33 pm

Sorry for the bump but I am still looking for some feedback to my above post.

Thanks.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri May 25, 2007 6:56 pm

Sanjay wrote:I used the 'All In One' (NR_VGamesAIO_Addon_v1.3.7z) addon and all the games seem to be working fine except for FreCell & Solitaire. It seems that the Vista versions of 'FreeCell & Solitaire' installed by this pack and the Windows XP default versions of these two games are identical, or atleast that's what it seems like to me. Am I missing something, or is it supposed to be like this? I can't imagine why they would be the same and thus it seems there might be a problem with the 'All In One' pack. Can you please confirm.

Thanks.

Edit: I checked the Install path and I notice that for some reason both FreeCell & Solitaire have the XP version exe files in the 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\' path. That explains why both versions seemed to be identical. Nw the question is why and how did the XP version EXE files get there. I extracted and copied the correct files from the addon (NR_VGamesAIO_Addon_v1.3.7z) and both the games are now working fine. Although in the case of Solitaire I had to change the properties of the shortcut to point to sol.exe since earlier the shortcut properties showed it to be pointing to solitaire.exe.
Hi sanjay. After seeing ur post, i made an install on a running vmware system. Windows Xp Pro Turkish Sp2 with my update pack integrated. Everything went fine. No errors etc. I opened "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Solitaire" and the Solitaire.exe file was NOT the default xp one. It had version 1.0.0.1 in properties. But after checking the default xp sol.exe, i saw that it has v5.1.2600.0, that is very normal.
Also, if you check the NR_VGms1.cab file thats inside of NR_VGamesAIO_Addon_v1.3.7z, you will see that sol.exe program has version 1.0.0.1 in properties. And please check the NR_VGame.inf file, and confirm that you can see this:

Code: Select all

[SourceDisksNames.x86]
1="VistaGamesFiles","NR_VGms1.cab",,"i386"
2="VistaGamesAdditionalFiles","NR_VGms2.cab",,"i386"
These codes tells setup to look in NR_VGms2.cab and NR_VGms1.cab files, not the i386 dir.
Also, in NR_VGame.inf file, you will see these lines under [Copy.Solitaire] section.

[Copy.Solitaire]
cardlib.cab,Sol_lib.cab
Solitaire.BAK,Sol.BAK
Solitaire.exe,Sol.exe
windowscodeintegrity.luacdf,WCI_Sol.lua
That will tell setup to look for sol.exe file and copy it as Solitaire.exe. And, in [Sol.ShortCut] section, that will tell windows create soliatire's chortcut:

[Sol.ShortCut]
Name=Solitaire
CmdLine=16422,"%Sol_DIR%",Solitaire.exe
Subdir="%Short_DIR%"
WorkingDir=16422,"%Sol_DIR%"
InfoTip=Vista Solitaire
Here the shortcut refers to Solitaire.exe file, that setup previously copied to "program files\microsoft games\Solitaire" directory.

So, everything works ok for me. And i CAN NOT confirm your issue.
However, if you find the reason of this unexpected behavior of xp, i'll be glad to learn it.
Good luck with that.

Sanjay
I can't read

Post by Sanjay » Sat May 26, 2007 2:47 am

I checked all the entries in 'NR_VGame.inf' file and everything seems to be in order just as you have posted. Also the files in the cab files are all in order. Why the wrong versions of Solitaire and FreeCell got installed is still a mystery. I will be making my UADVD again and will reformat my computer hopwfully things will go as intended this time. Will post the results once I am done.

Thanks for your help.

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Sat May 26, 2007 6:41 am

@ton80
Shanghai Solitaire is Mahjong? You're shittin' me. :shock:

Why the name change, DmX?

ton80

Post by ton80 » Sat May 26, 2007 7:40 am

That's what it's called in Vista. I didn't know that was the name until I had to reinstall Windows ;) :D . I'm still hoping for the chess also. Me and a friend of mine that I also keep the install disc up to date.
Ton80

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat May 26, 2007 3:19 pm

RaGhul wrote:@ton80
Shanghai Solitaire is Mahjong? You're shittin' me. :shock:

Why the name change, DmX?
Like ton80 said, i didnt change any names. I suppose they have different names cos they dont belong to vista final. I wish we could patch rtm games but no luck. VAIO project is dead :(

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:04 pm

thanx

boki15

Post by boki15 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:48 pm

I tried AIO addon, everything works with last 3 released Ryan Update Packs, IE7, WMP11 and no errors. Many, many thanks for this AddOn, especially from my girlfriend, she loves shanghai

:D

ton80

Post by ton80 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:21 am

I got the same type of error for solitaire and freecell on my friends pc that I just reinstalled winxp on. haven't checked mine yet. It's just the old ones.

I think that this didn't do this until after your last updates. Version 1 worked correctly.

Edit #1: fixed both ones per Sanjay's post; They both had the old .exes (Vista exes are very big about 700+ KB compared to the old exes 50+ KB) inside their C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\'folders'. Weird.

Edit #2 It was the same scenario on my own new install. Same fix as above.
Ton80

madata

Post by madata » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:17 pm

I would to see it replace the XP Standard Versions Of The games.
Thereby also Fully Integrating It But Also Saving Extra Room As Well.

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:36 pm

madata wrote:I would to see it replace the XP Standard Versions Of The games.
Thereby also Fully Integrating It But Also Saving Extra Room As Well.

that would be nice, but i'm guessing that it would be a difficult task..

zorro1

Post by zorro1 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:07 pm

Hello

sorry for my english,

how to make to have the French game?

I put the French mui in fr_FR, but that does not work.

Thanks

madmaxx

Post by madmaxx » Sun May 11, 2008 4:57 am

scuse my bad english

is there someone who release it
because the links is broken

thank you

roirraW "edor"

Post by roirraW "edor" » Sun May 11, 2008 8:14 am

The links aren't broken. Turn off your firewall temporarily and then click on the link. Also, don't use a download manager/accelerator, just use your web browser. Worked for me just now (the AIO package).

Hahaha... roirraW "edor" ehT answered madmaxx's question. :D (movie pun)

madmaxx

Post by madmaxx » Mon May 12, 2008 6:05 am

[quote="roirraW "edor""]The links aren't broken. Turn off your firewall temporarily and then click on the link. Also, don't use a download manager/accelerator, just use your web browser. Worked for me just now (the AIO package).

Hahaha... roirraW "edor" ehT answered madmaxx's question. :D (movie pun)[/quote]

thank you it isn't my firewall
but i use ref control plugin in firefox

thank you
:wink:

long-lurker

Post by long-lurker » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:49 pm

Does anyone still have this AIO?

poolside

Post by poolside » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:41 pm

long-lurker wrote:Does anyone still have this AIO?
I've rebuilt one. I'm not so sure of the legality of its distribution, though.

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:02 pm

If it is similar to the AIO in the OP, I would think it is probably all right to post a link to your rebuilt one here. Why would you not think so?

Cheers and Regards

poolside

Post by poolside » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:57 pm

bphlpt wrote:If it is similar to the AIO in the OP, I would think it is probably all right to post a link to your rebuilt one here. Why would you not think so?

Cheers and Regards
I'm under the impression that because they (the games) are technically part of Vista (or 7), they fall under the same license as the rest of the operating system.

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Different boards have different policies as to what they allow, and it is my opinion that the board policy should be what dictates what you should post. Here they are a little looser than they are at some other boards. Things like your AIO would be allowed here, AFAIK, just like the various update packs by user_hidden, OnePiece, etc, and the rebuilt installers by Ricktendo and others, with the understanding that if MS filed a complaint that it would be removed. A moderator might disagree, of course, but I'd say go for it.

Cheers and Regards

poolside

Post by poolside » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:50 pm

Alright then, well, here goes:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3fxs6 ... _Addon.zip

CRC32: 0128104D
MD5: 8602A69EEB353008464D121958D258E5
SHA-1: A591E9EC92DAEA46BA0F43DF66812ABA9F1AAE90

Enjoy.

baz44

Post by baz44 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Thanks poolside :D
I know someone who will definitely want this.

Dibya

Post by Dibya » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:58 am

thanks