Request forum feature

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Master Wolfe

Request forum feature

Post by Master Wolfe » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:08 am

I check the list of member submitted add-ons almost every day, and it is a much appreciated feature. It is quite large, and when it says updated by XX on XX-XX-XXXX, that is a wonderful thing :) and has to be hard work. However, what would be an even more wonderful thing is, at the top of the list, whomever updated it might say something like this....
01-25-2007
Updated xxx.addon to version
updated yyy addon to......
etc
I realize that is a bit of extra work, but it would make the list much more usable. I did post this request in the list but the post was deleted, and obviously ignored :p. Am I the only one who thinks that would be a useful change? Either way, thanks for all of the hard work each of you do in making these updates and add-ons!

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:38 am

That would be an interesting idea, but there are so many addons here that to do so would be nearly impossible. Several addons seem to be updated daily.

I keep a forum link with each addon I download together in their own directory, sorted by author. When I want to check for an update for a given addon I'll navigate to it on my hard drive, double-click the link, and read the changelog on the site. If the addon creator is diligent enough then they'll list the full details in their own changelogs.

Friends4U

Post by Friends4U » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:39 am

What if you make a post and put this info in the post ;) than you would do the work...

Master Wolfe

Post by Master Wolfe » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:14 am

5eraph wrote:That would be an interesting idea, but there are so many addons here that to do so would be nearly impossible. Several addons seem to be updated daily.

I keep a forum link with each addon I download together in their own directory, sorted by author. When I want to check for an update for a given addon I'll navigate to it on my hard drive, double-click the link, and read the changelog on the site. If the addon creator is diligent enough then they'll list the full details in their own changelogs.
You are right, tons and tons of them! Which is a good thing, for sure. But I meant specifically in this thread http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511, which is the list of. For instance, it was updated by Kes yesterday. He might (please?? :lol:) mention in the format I suggested which updates he added? I'm still sipping on my first caffeine infusion of the day, so I hope I am making sense :D.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:29 pm

I am goint to make a pro version of the integrator that will be able to keep track of updated addons. Allthough the pro features will cost a little bit of money. The pro version will deal heavily with the internet and will simplify many tasks and open many doors. But since it will use bandwidth I will need to charge for the pro features. But I will make sure the charge will be worth it. ;) Besides... all of the work I have done in the integrator deserves me a little profit don't you agree?

When that time comes... any member who has previously donated to me will get a copy of the pro version.

I plan on creating the pro version soon. But first I want to fix any path issues that are currently in the integrator.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software