[Release] Internet Explorer 7 English w/Updates (v2.0.4a)

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
tedhbrown

Post by tedhbrown » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:52 pm

MrNxDmX wrote:
tedhbrown; the errors about the dll files are normal. It seems you used RVM Integrator for integration. As written in first post, they are known to occur. They will not harm ur computer.
Yes I was pretty sure the error log was normal but I posted it anyway in case it was needed. My problem is not with the error log, but with the web client event ID that causes my computer to be unusable for the first couple minutes of bootup.

tedhbrown

Post by tedhbrown » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:17 am

Has anyone else experienced this anomaly? I'm not sure what's causing it but it started appearing in my latest disk. This one does not have the roguespear dotnet all in one pack that was giving me the other problem.

Skram

Post by Skram » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:31 am

Just to add a quick note here, I too have the WebClient state 87 error msg in the eventviewer, and it also idles for about 2 minutes during boot too. Seems to boot about half way, then idles for 2 mins, then finishes the boot. I only used the addons below and did the rest of windows updates trying to avoid the whole .net 1.1SP1 integration issue.

My Source:
Used nLite to update SP0 -> SP2
Used RVM to integrate below

My update pak:
RVMUpdatePack2.1.8.7z

My addons:
RVMAddonsWMP10_3.1a.7z
dotnet3fix_addon.7z
RogueSpearAddonsDotNET30-VJ20.zip
RVMAddonsDX9_1.2.7z

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:51 am

tedhbrown wrote: Has anyone else experienced this anomaly? I'm not sure what's causing it but it started appearing in my latest disk. This one does not have the roguespear dotnet all in one pack that was giving me the other problem.
This was fixed. Check the first page of this thread (post by meulc).
To be honest though, I have not run the latest pack.

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:58 am

@DmX

Added your 1.0.3 Addon (not the new 'a' version) just a few hrs ago... (Yes, I know... but, better late than never, right?)

Anyways... worked like a charm. No issue whatsoever. Thx. (Not sure what you did to the 1.0.3a version... haven't checked first post yet. Been really busy.)

Just wanted to let you know that it's been checked an' workin' (on a LIVE install, not VMware!!)

tedhbrown

Post by tedhbrown » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:05 pm

mr_smartepants wrote:
tedhbrown wrote: Has anyone else experienced this anomaly? I'm not sure what's causing it but it started appearing in my latest disk. This one does not have the roguespear dotnet all in one pack that was giving me the other problem.
Well I'm using the latest pack with the restart fix and that's what happens. Maybe the bug only happens in the no restart version?

sambenin

Post by sambenin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:59 pm

tedhbrown wrote:
mr_smartepants wrote:
Well I'm using the latest pack with the restart fix and that's what happens. Maybe the bug only happens in the no restart version?
I'm experiencing the same but i don't know if it's related to this addon. I'm also using the no restart one.

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:46 pm

Damn, you're right. I just tested this in VPC2k7. User Accounts icons are x-ed out. :oops:
I usually use XPize so maybe that's why I didn't notice it.
This is with your latest 1.0.3a (no-restart) pack MrNxDmX. (and a whole load of other addons.)

Xable

Post by Xable » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:38 pm

I think nLite had the same thing with those missing icons but nuhi found a fix.

n7Epsilon

Post by n7Epsilon » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:59 pm

The fix is this reg entry (I think MrNDmx knows it but the problem maybe that it is not being applied which signifies a bigger problem):

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ico]
@="icofile"
"PerceivedType"="image"
"Content Type"="image/x-icon"
(heard that from booggy who heard that from mrndmx or nuhi, not sure)

tedhbrown

Post by tedhbrown » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:25 pm

n7Epsilon wrote:The fix is this reg entry (I think MrNDmx knows it but the problem maybe that it is not being applied which signifies a bigger problem):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ico]
@="icofile"
"PerceivedType"="image"
"Content Type"="image/x-icon"
(heard that from booggy who heard that from mrndmx or nuhi, not sure)
Well everything was there except the image/x-icon entry. Adding that fixed it. :)

yadzil

Post by yadzil » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:21 am

Thanks Ryan n MrNxDmx,
So thats mean i need to intergrate update pack and the fix to my win xp before i intergrate the .Net Framework 3? How about i use switchless installer by RogueSpear .Net 3, should i intergrate those update pack and fix first?

cyberloner

Post by cyberloner » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:07 am

cannot download yesterday till today
sorry it is ok... just my stupid isp dunno why some ip cannot download it

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:27 pm

Sorry to all that affected with the control panel icons issue. That wasnt an issue for the first addon, and I havent checked the control panel in my tests with the norestart version. It occurs only in the norestart version.
The reg keys n7Epsilon wrote fixes the problem. I havent added them in the pack, cos it was not an issue for me.
I will add those entries in the addon. Also, RogueSpear says in forum that he will check the errors about webclient service. I will modify both addons if needed.
Will update addons to 103b or maybe i will wait for microsofts patch tuesday, next week.

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:24 am

Hi MrNxDmX, Was you still planning on releasing a version of this with the hacked DLL?

I was just wondering, not trying to pester you :wink:

Regards

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:50 am

yadzil wrote:Thanks Ryan n MrNxDmx,
So thats mean i need to intergrate update pack and the fix to my win xp before i intergrate the .Net Framework 3?
Yes, though that's completely off-topic to this thread.
How about i use switchless installer by RogueSpear .Net 3, should i intergrate those update pack and fix first?
If you plan on installing .NET 3.0, you need the fix no matter where you get .NET 3.0 from.
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:49 am

Stimpy wrote:Was you still planning on releasing a version of this with the hacked DLL?
No need for it. Its already working without it :wink:

Stimpy

Post by Stimpy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:01 am

Nice! I am waiting for the next release of Ryan's update pack before I re-install my 5 PC's, so I can't wait to try this out.

Thanks for your continued hard work MrNxDmX

rivak

Post by rivak » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:54 pm

any chance of a win2k3 sp2 edition?

Us2002

Post by Us2002 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:54 am

How about KB931195, KB931657, KB933006 in ur next addon?
When it will be?

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:46 am

Sorry rivak, I cant work on w2k3 edition of ie7. Maybe sb else can do that.

Us2002, i dont think to add unofficial updates to this addon. mshtml.dll update is a headache AFAIK. Will wait for official updates.
I will update the addons to 103b, with just User Account Icon fix. Need some more time.

boooggy

Post by boooggy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:36 am

rivak did u try to slipstream this addon to a 2k3?
it worked for me.......but i slightly modified it.........

OuTman

Post by OuTman » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:49 am

I use a Corporate version of Windows XP SP2, I integrate all update packs / addons with nLite

is it better to integrate IE7 installer (+ IE7 hotfixes) with nLite, or to integrate your new "noreboot" addon? or is it the same?

thx for the answer!

DigeratiPrime

Post by DigeratiPrime » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:20 pm

NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.3a.wr.7z worked great for me with RVMUpdatePack2.1.9.7z

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:02 am

Since nobody else seems to be having this problem, I'm going to go on the assumption that I'm doing something wrong. I am trying to add tweaks as described in post #1. I've copied the .inf file lines from the tweak thread and pasted them in, but none are taking hold.

I'm using the "original" addon that requires a restart (and I am restarting before launching IE). Everything else about the addon works great. IE7 is indeed there and it funtions properly. Just no tweaks.

radar

Post by radar » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 pm

@RogueSpear

I had similar problems with having custom tweaks not get written to the registry, using the 1.0.1a original addon.

I found that the problem in my case was caused from having a custom switchless installer that ran from RunOnceEx, and this installer then called RunOnce. This call to RunOnce broke both the switcless installer, and failed to write the custom reg tweaks in MrNxDmX IE7 Addon.

Removing the call to RunOnce from my other switchless installer fixed the problem in the IE7 addon for me.

radar

proximous

Post by proximous » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:59 pm

Has anyone figured out the cause the of WebClient errors mentioned above? I did a clean install with only:

RVMUpdatePack2.1.9.7z
dotnetAIO (beta2 installed from servicepack)
NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.3a.wr.7z

and I get two WebClient errors:

"The WebClient service has reported an invalid current state 87."
"The WebClient service hung on starting."

Thanks.

proximous

ahmerkhan

Post by ahmerkhan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:15 pm

proximous wrote:Has anyone figured out the cause the of WebClient errors mentioned above? I did a clean install with only:

RVMUpdatePack2.1.9.7z
dotnetAIO (beta2 installed from servicepack)
NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.3a.wr.7z

and I get two WebClient errors:

"The WebClient service has reported an invalid current state 87."
"The WebClient service hung on starting."

Thanks.

proximous
The Errors are Not releted with any of these three :D

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:22 pm

mindcurd wrote:The Errors are Not releted with any of these three :D
It appears to be related to .NET 3.0 installing from svcpack. What remains a mystery is what triggers it for some and not for others. There seems to be speculation that it has to do with the install order.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:11 pm

Thanks for the report DigeratiPrime.
@ RogueSpear; which tweaks did you try to add? I want to give a look.

Sorry for being late.
I updated addons to 103b. Only the norestart version changed. I added the icon fix for User Accounts. And updated the version of normal addon for not conflicting with other one.

beeker

Post by beeker » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:59 pm

RogueSpear wrote:Since nobody else seems to be having this problem, I'm going to go on the assumption that I'm doing something wrong. I am trying to add tweaks as described in post #1. I've copied the .inf file lines from the tweak thread and pasted them in, but none are taking hold.
I think I'm doing something wrong too. Some of the tweaks took hold but some didn't, so I ended up adding my tweaks later in an AutoIt script (that cancels the reboot request) during WPI install.

Beeker

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:41 pm

@MrNxDmX, I've put in the tweaks for the menu bar above the address bar, turn on the phishing filter, make Google the default search engine, and set the first run screen as completed. None of them seem to have taken effect.

proximous

Post by proximous » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:49 pm

RogueSpear wrote:
mindcurd wrote:The Errors are Not releted with any of these three :D
It appears to be related to .NET 3.0 installing from svcpack. What remains a mystery is what triggers it for some and not for others. There seems to be speculation that it has to do with the install order.
@mindcurd: I agree all are fine alone. I was looking for a solution for the three to work in harmony.

@RogueSpear: Thanks for the idea on install order. Any suggestion on how to readily accomplish this? I'm a bit new at this stuff, and it doesn't seem straightforward to reorder. In svcpack.inf, the IE7 changes go in [ProductCatalogsToInstall] and the dotnetAIO goes in [SetupHotfixesToRun], so how to change order is not obvious to me. Thanks.

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:53 pm

@proximous, it isn't something I've had success with myself, but I do not think that this IE7 addon actually has anything to do with the problem. I believe the problem lies with installing .NET3 from svcpack. I really don't have any concrete details, only what I've seen from personal experience and have read of other's experiences.

cyberloner

Post by cyberloner » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:14 am

i wish there are option to direct disable the langbar that showing beside the clock... by the way nice ie7 addon....
please keep it up.
thanks

SoKoOLz

Post by SoKoOLz » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:38 am

thank you for 1.0.3b update.

SHO_GuN

Post by SHO_GuN » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:17 am

cyberloner wrote:i wish there are option to direct disable the langbar that showing beside the clock... by the way nice ie7 addon....
please keep it up.
thanks
I use this line in my runonce "Regsvr32.exe /u /s msutb.dll" --- it kills the Language Toolbar.

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:03 am

@ Roguespear: I've tried to add the same list of tweaks as you do and none was working. :x I had to manually configure IE7 after installation. So I don't think we do something wrong or we all don't know how to use those tweaks :?

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:33 am

For some IE7 tweaks to apply (such as PhishingFilter and the IERunOnce tweaks) you need to edit IEUINIT.INF. Specifically, change this line in the [DefaultInstall.WinXP] section from this:

DelReg=Remove.Reg,!MUICache.DelReg, DelReg.XPandW2K3
to THIS:

DelReg=Remove.Reg,!MUICache.DelReg
Have a nice day. ;)

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:51 am

Ok RogueSpear, I did a test with your tweaks in the addon, and result is, some of them applied, some of them not applied (Google applied, menu bar tweak applied but first run dialogs and phishing philter not applied). I have no idea about this situation, but i will try another way for it. I'll move tweaks section to desktop loading time, then will see the difference.

It seems that webclient errors are not exactly related to this addon, they occur when you add ie7 via nlite. It occurs when dotnet3 runs at runonce, Correct me if i'm wrong. I'm look forward for a solution, too.

You're welcome SoKoOLz. :)
SHO_GuN wrote:I use this line in my runonce "Regsvr32.exe /u /s msutb.dll" --- it kills the Language Toolbar.
I'm not sure about uninstalling the msutb.dll file. It may be needed by other files or etc.
Here is what i found after disabling the lang bar in my test install.

First one will disable language bar, and second one will disable the prompt when you want to close lang bar.
inf format wrote:HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar","ShowStatus",0x10001,3
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\CTF\MSUTB","DontShowCloseLangBarDlg",0x10001,1
reg format wrote:REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar]
"ShowStatus"=dword:00000003

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CTF\MSUTB]
"DontShowCloseLangBarDlg"=dword:00000001
Edit: You need to restart or re-logon to windows in order to see lang bar disabled.

Yo, 5eraph. You posted while i was typing. That exactly explains the situation. :wink:
But i dont want to tweak that file. Will try my idea about moving them.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:06 am

I don't believe It can be done any other way, MrNxDmX. If I recall correctly, IEUINIT.INF is executed at the first run of IE7 for each user. Those tweaks will be wiped for each new user if the file is not altered.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:12 am

Oh 5eraph, i didnt know that. If ie7 runs ieuinit.inf again, it will delete tweaks. But, yesterday, after checking the keys, and seeing that they are not added, i run an optional inf file to add them. I did that before running ie7 and before restart. Then after the restart, ie didnt show the first run dialogs. I checked the registry and entries were there.
Let me do a test and approve it. May take 1-2 hours.

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:19 am

You could be right, but I'm guessing that for each new user created it will run for that new user.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:37 am

Ok, i did my test with ie7. I added a new tweaks section, that runs at first desktop loading, and all tweaks got applied.
However, 5eraph is right with that; this section will run at every user creation, so every user will have those settings.
I will update the addons, and also I will try to use HKLM-Runonce entries. But in my previous try's, i was unseccesful with HKLM-Runonce.
I am open to new ideas, if you can help me with that.
Cheers to all, nJoy ur life :)

benners

Post by benners » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:45 am

cyberloner wrote:i wish there are option to direct disable the langbar that showing beside the clock... by the way nice ie7 addon....
please keep it up.
thanks
This is what I add to the inf file, entries found by turning off Advanced Text Services and closing the language bar.

Tweaks.AddReg
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\CTF","Disable Thread Input Manager",0x00010001,01,00,00,00
HKCU,"Keyboard Layout\IMEtoggle\scancode",,0x00000010
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\IMM","LoadIMM",0x00010001,00,00,00,00
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\CTF\MSUTB","DontShowCloseLangBarDlg",0x00010001,01,00,00,00
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\CTF\LangBar","ShowStatus",0x00010001,03,00,00,00

[IE7.DelReg]
; Remove ctfmon from the start up
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","ctfmon.exe"

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:47 am

In all honesty, for my purposes, I could probably just import a .reg file as a part of my installation routine. I don't want you to waste a huge amount of time on this.

I've tried to carefully examine your addon for ideas on a solution, but I'm still learning about .inf files and how all of that stuff works. I have the basics and maybe a little bit more, but some of these bigger, more complex addons make my head spin.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:12 am

I agree with ya RogueSpear. My head spinned most times while working on this. I will try to use a reg file.

Hear what i found now; windows stores the keys that requires restart again in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\NTUSER.DAT" file. If you delete it, then create a new account, your system wont require a restart again.
After looking in it as a text file, it stores keys starting with HKU,".Default...". So, a temporary solution is to delete that file, in order to prevent annoying restart prompts. But, is that file really needed? Thats the big question makes me thinking. Maybe i can make a small addon, that will delete that file at first logon.

I need to make more tests with Hklm,Runonce enties. C ya

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:40 am

I actually have a routine in my ScriptPack that exports the CurrentUser ntuser.dat, copies it over to the Default User profile, and then sets the hidden attribute. Also I usually do that manually after I've got everything set just the way I want it. Then every user who logs in after that gets a fresh profile with all of the settings.

So when I replace the ntuser.dat in the Default User profile it eliminates the need to restart for any future new users.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:24 pm

Thats a great idea too, but i cant do that with this addon. I have 2 solutions in mind right now, and one worked ok, i suppose the other one wont work.

I'm replacing the NR_IE7en.inf file at first restart, with a bit modified one. Then when new user created, it calls the section in the inf (AfterUserStart), then it runs, but its empty, lol.

This solves all problems with normal addon. I will think sth else for the no-restart addon, for the tweak section.

Thanks for your reply :)
Last edited by MrNxDmX on Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IGIdeus

Post by IGIdeus » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:56 am

Fragbert wrote:Image
Hi,
I slipstreamed the NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.3b.wr.7z version and I still have this error message for normal accounts. This isn't a problem for Administrator account.

@MrNxDmX: Do you found a reason? Or do you need some help? THX for a great work.

Best regards
IGIdeus