[Release] Internet Explorer 7 English w/Updates (v2.0.4a)

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
jessjcee

Strange Error

Post by jessjcee » Thu May 24, 2007 7:57 pm

I have been getting a popup error when ever i close IE7 with multiple tabs still open. Any idea's please?

Code: Select all

IEXPLORE.EXE - Application Error : The instruction at "0x66869bc7" referenced memory at "0x00000034". The memory could not be "read".
This error is not just related to my computer, it is happening on all pc's i have installed the slipstreamed cd on.

FYI : i have Windows XP SP2, with RVMUPDATEPACK2.1.10, NR_IE7EN_ADDON_1.0.5B_ALT and WMP11_TWEAKEDADDON installed using RVM_Integrator_1.4.3.

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Fri May 25, 2007 5:28 am

No issues for me whatsoever. ;)

I used Xable's Light Update Pack, disabled SFC with nlite, live install (not VMware.)

I'm not sure where to look for that error log, but I don't really care. :P
As far as I'm concerned, it's a 'non-issue'.

How's this for a description:
IE7 Regular Addon
Totally safe. However, this addon replaces a few IE7 files at OOBE.

IE7 Preferred Addon
This addon will integrate all IE7 files directly to your Windows source w/o OOBE.

*Note:
The preferred addon should be fine, particularly if you prefer to overwrite files and disable SFC with nlite. This addon produces 'setuperr.log' messages. So far, they seem negligible. We're working on it!

If you're adventurous, go with the Preferred Addon. Otherwise, play it safe and go with the Normal Addon.
:D

MrNxDmX

Re: Strange Error

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri May 25, 2007 12:14 pm

jessjcee wrote:

IEXPLORE.EXE - Application Error : The instruction at "0x66869bc7" referenced memory at "0x00000034". The memory could not be "read".
This error is not just related to my computer, it is happening on all pc's i have installed the slipstreamed cd on.
I sometimes get error messages lile that when i close some of my apps. I had a computer giving errors like that. After formatting it, i didnt get messages again. Maybe related with hardware maybe not.
But as said in the error, its related with memory not the program. I dont have any info about how to workaround or fix that. Will be glad if sb can share info about these kind of errors.

Edit: Sorry RaGhul. Forgot ur post. That description clears up everything IMO. I'll update first post with it. Thanks for your time and participation :)
Last edited by MrNxDmX on Fri May 25, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mitsuko Aninikkou
Location: The Netherlands (But running US WinXP, in case it comes up)

Post by Mitsuko Aninikkou » Fri May 25, 2007 12:15 pm

I'd shy away from calling either addon 'Preferred', but what about 'Direct'? Referring to the direct integration, of course.

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Sat May 26, 2007 2:07 am

Point taken, Mitsuko.

However, for most of us (I think) the Alternative addon better represents what we are trying to achieve. Overwriting all of the files completely with Integrator most likely should be cleaner. The most popular addons here at RyanVM (for example, boooggy's WMP11, Ryan's Update Pack ...and now, DmX's IE7) are all integrated directly to the source. This makes XP installation faster, and also reduces the clutter on the hard drive. No fuss, no muss. IMO, I think Preferred describes this best.

Really, I was just trying to help DmX clean up the thread a little... especially the first post.

But, hey, if you can think of a better name, by all means, let's hear it!! ;)

@DmX
Glad ya liked it!! :D

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Sun May 27, 2007 11:43 am

RaGhul wrote:But, hey, if you can think of a better name, by all means, let's hear it!! ;)
He already did - Direct.

laze.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sun May 27, 2007 12:58 pm

Thanks for sharing your ideas my friends. I changed first post, in order to make clearer explanations about addons. I used RaGhul's post, than modified it a bit.
I hope its better to understand the difference now.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sun May 27, 2007 8:56 pm

Addons are updated to 105c in order to fix the tweaks issue described here. Thanks for informing BikinDutchman.

Here is the old changelog in case sb needs:
Changelog:
2007-05-21: v105b-->Found a workaround for RVM Integrator cat issue described here. Added KB928090-corpol.dll to the pack.
2007-05-19: v105a-->Fixed corpol.dll being un-signed issue. Added extra addon for updated corpol.dll.
2007-05-14: v105-->Fixed restart prompt at first logon. No restart is needed anymore. Added KB931768 (Replaces KB928090 & KB929726). Added MU ActiveX entry posted here.
2007-04-21: v104-->Fixed restart issue at every new user creation, fixed tweaks are being applied to all new users.
I tested only alternative v105c addon in vmware with some ie7 tweaks like search providers, and all tweaks were added at first user logon.
Normal addon should work fine.

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Tue May 29, 2007 7:51 pm

@DmX

Glad I could help. First post looks MUCH better! Easier to read!!

Just one thing to note. The following line should prolly be BOLD or something:
If you're adventurous, go with the Alternative Addon. Otherwise, play it safe and go with the normal Addon.
Since this really kinda 'sums it all up' for inexperienced users, I think. ;)

neph

Post by neph » Wed May 30, 2007 8:55 pm

Hi,

Only change I've made to my addons is this IE one I updated to the current build from the previous 1.
Explorer startsup downloads +-10 things and when it get to last 1 it hangs CPU goes to 100% and it just sits there. Formatted and reinstalled twice. In the address bar is http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx

No other changes make to may addons or drivers... since i use firefox for most it doesn't bother me that mush however now Counter-strike Source doen't work :?
Game loads I join server/creat server asa i get that page page where 1 clicks on ok and then chooses sides...css hangs +-5 sec and bombs back to dekstop.
Can't for the life of me think why IE would cause this. I reinsatalled with previous XP build same addons old IE addon... everything works inc Counter-strike :shock:

I R confused

neph

Post by neph » Thu May 31, 2007 8:52 am

Reload with alternative IE7 addon.
IE now works AND Counter-strike source loads :shock:
Still confused....

Mitsuko Aninikkou
Location: The Netherlands (But running US WinXP, in case it comes up)

Post by Mitsuko Aninikkou » Thu May 31, 2007 7:44 pm

I'm sure MrNxDmX would like to know which version of the addon you were previously using so he can figure out what might've changed to cause your problem.

orcoxp

Post by orcoxp » Thu May 31, 2007 8:09 pm

Regular addon worked awesome for me...THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris Thomson
AKA OrcoXP

PHP/MySQL/phpMyAdmin 2 & 3 successfully running simultaneously on XP SP3 IIS.

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:17 pm

Hello,

I remember this being mentioned on a couple of occasions and wanted to say... I too have received the "memory cannot be read" error when closing IE7.

This, on a system that runs Memtest86+ for 12 hours without errors.

Thanks.

laze.

techtype

Post by techtype » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:12 pm

just_laze wrote:Hello,

I remember this being mentioned on a couple of occasions and wanted to say... I too have received the "memory cannot be read" error when closing IE7.

Thanks.

laze.
First thing to try is to turn off DEP completely.

master811

Post by master811 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:37 pm

I have experienced on multiple occasions on 2 different computers, Windows File Protection boxes appearing randomly, when the install has been slipstreamed with the alternative IE addon.

I don't know if its the IE addon that is causing it, although only have the WMP11 and full ryanVM update so suspect that it is. Is this a known issue at all, and could it be cos of using the alternative version. I don't get any issues slipstreaming or during install, just during normal use (and occurs randomly so don't know what's causing it).

It doesn't happen often so haven't bothered reinstalling with the normal IE addon, but if SFC is on, could the alternative be doing this?

RaGhul

Post by RaGhul » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:09 am

master811 wrote: I have experienced on multiple occasions on 2 different computers, Windows File Protection boxes appearing randomly, when the install has been slipstreamed with the alternative IE addon.
I think this just confirms why those of us who disable SFC with nlite have no problems. And it WOULD make sense that IE7 would cause problems with protected system files, especially with Internet Explorer's files.

Hey, it's just a hunch, but if I were you DmX, I'd start there to look for the problem. ;)

(Btw, didn't mention this before, I think. I'm using the 'Alternative' Addon.)

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:33 pm

techtype wrote:

Thanks.

laze.
I think the first thing I'll try is disabling it for Internet Explorer alone rather than system wide.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I didn't know the error was related to DEP.

laze.

techtype

Post by techtype » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:39 pm

just_laze wrote:
techtype wrote:

Thanks.

laze.
I think the first thing I'll try is disabling it for Internet Explorer alone rather than system wide.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I didn't know the error was related to DEP.

laze.
It is only sometimes related to DEP, sometimes it's a flaky program or driver and sometimes it's corrupt files. Only God knows what else. But DEP is an easy place to look first.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:41 am

the User Agent String needs to be changed to suit IE6 ,till sites will update their code
look @ bottom of page for anymore updates

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:59 pm

ENU_user wrote:the User Agent String needs to be changed...
Umm... no. Read more carefully. The solution is a workaround for problematic sites, and it's now seven months old. What you suggest will force all sites to view the browser as IE6, not just the bad ones.

If anyone needs the workaround then they should use Microsoft's installer which installs a utility to change the string on demand. The string should not be set to IE6 full time. Otherwise, sites written to take advantage of the new features of IE7 will not work correctly.

DigeratiPrime

Post by DigeratiPrime » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:30 am

using NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.5c_alt.7z on a new install source works great :)
btw thanks for cleaning up the first post, it's much less confusing now.

IGIdeus

Post by IGIdeus » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:42 am

MrNxDmX wrote:Addons are updated to 105c in order to fix the tweaks issue described here. Thanks for informing BikinDutchman.

I tested only alternative v105c addon in vmware with some ie7 tweaks like search providers, and all tweaks were added at first user logon.
Hi,
NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.5c_alt.7z doesn't work properly for me. It applay tweaks for the first user - Administrator. But when I manually create next user, he never receives those tweaks.

It doesn't metter if this is normal or admin user.

Best regards
IGIdeus

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:40 am

IGIdeus wrote:
MrNxDmX wrote:Addons are updated to 105c in order to fix the tweaks issue described here. Thanks for informing BikinDutchman.

Hi,
NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.5c_alt.7z doesn't work properly for me. It applay tweaks for the first user - Administrator. But when I manually create next user, he never receives those tweaks.

Best regards
IGIdeus
This is intentional.

For some reason, the 'collective' decided it would be a good idea to apply the tweaks to the first account only and not any accounts created there after.

The workaround is to place your tweaks in a registry file and apply them at T13 (cmdlines.txt). This way, your tweaks will always be applied for each newly created account (as the registry entries will be stored in the default user tree of the registry that's referenced when creating a new user).

laze.

IGIdeus

Post by IGIdeus » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:59 am

just_laze wrote:This is intentional.
Hi,

If this is intentional, so it's OK.
I must move my tweaks to new addon once again. :-)

Best regards
IGIdeus

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:43 am

removed
Last edited by ENU_user on Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:40 pm

RaGhul wrote:The following line should prolly be BOLD or something:
If you're adventurous, go with the Alternative Addon. Otherwise, play it safe and go with the normal Addon.
Done :wink:
neph wrote:Reload with alternative IE7 addon.
IE now works AND Counter-strike source loads :shock:
Still confused....
Does this mean that your problem is solved?

If you're hacking syssetup.dll or windows setup files, its normal that you can get some errors like memory cannot be read. As I've written before, i used to get this error with some other programs too. But they're all gone after formatting the computer. And i have no idea about the reasons of those errors. Sorry for that.
master811 wrote:I have experienced on multiple occasions on 2 different computers, Windows File Protection boxes appearing randomly, when the install has been slipstreamed with the alternative IE addon.

I don't know if its the IE addon that is causing it, although only have the WMP11 and full ryanVM update so suspect that it is. Is this a known issue at all, and could it be cos of using the alternative version. I don't get any issues slipstreaming or during install, just during normal use (and occurs randomly so don't know what's causing it).

It doesn't happen often so haven't bothered reinstalling with the normal IE addon, but if SFC is on, could the alternative be doing this?
I suggest you without the ie7 addon and check if same thing occurs or not. And make sure you dont patch ur system files with nlite first.
IGIdeus wrote:Hi,

As just_laze mentioned, it was the way i modify the addons. Not all of us want to see the tweaks in all users. If you want to see your tweaks in all users, you need to edit another inf file, xIE7en.inf. Change these lines
; This runs after first desktop loads... (for all users)
[AfterUserStart]
;AddReg=RenameOp2.AddReg,UserTweaks.AddReg
;DelReg=IE7.DelReg,HKU.DelReg,UpPck.DelReg
to this
; This runs after first desktop loads... (for all users)
[AfterUserStart]
AddReg=UserTweaks.AddReg
And copy&paste your tweaks under "[UserTweaks.AddReg]" in xIE7en.inf file. (Its at the end of the inf file.)

THanks for the addon ENU_user.I'll try it.
For a week, i'm working in a supermarket here. I cant reach to internet as before. Also, we closed the internet connection at home. I wont be able to reply your questions as before. Also it will take time to update the addons.
Cheers to all

bubbanc

Post by bubbanc » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:40 pm

FYI, I'm having issues with some forms in IE7 using NR_IE7en_Addon_1.0.5c. Luckily, I have some demo sites so you can see for yourself. Not using this pack and installing IE7 after install did not result in issues.

Example 1: http://marieclaire.mvm.com/index.html . Click on "Personalize". This form does not load right. It loads fine in Firefox or using IE7 not installed via this Pack.

Example 2: http://www.mycokerewards.com Click register now. Not exactly sure about this as the forms appeared to work fine when I tested them.

Both of these were reported to me by my wife; the 1st one I confirmed it did not work for me, but 2nd one I couldn't necessarily confirm.

The bad thing is I used this image to install my mother-in-law's new computer as well, so she has a bad IE7 install too. I re-installed the machine that was messing up here, so I'm afraid I can't test anymore here. Hopefully there is a quick fix so I won't have to spend anymore time and the in-laws reinstalling!

Thanks for the pack and I hope you have time to look at these issues.

Brian

bober101

Post by bober101 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:51 pm

thoses 2 site seem to run flash.maybe thats the problem.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

moataz

Post by moataz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Excuse me, But what this abbreviation mean:

IE7 Alternative Addon:
This addon will integrate all IE7 files directly to your Windows source w/o OOBE.
XP Light, 8.1 Right Developer

mr_smartepants

Post by mr_smartepants » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:08 pm

moataz wrote:Excuse me, But what this abbreviation mean:

IE7 Alternative Addon:
With Out Out-Of-Box-Experience.

moataz

Post by moataz » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:43 pm

I was thinking of that, but want to confirm :)

Thanks for fast reply mr_smartepants.. i like that.

moataz

Post by moataz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:25 pm

After integrating IE7 addon with nLite...
I have noticed that the special icon of "%WinDir%\Offline Web Pages" folder is missing.

Anyone has noticed that?

Please confirm with Yes or No.

Last edited by moataz on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:38 pm

can you check the "mail" link on the start menu , thats if you have one this link will open internet options ..?

moataz

Post by moataz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:06 pm

What do you mean ENU_user? :rolleyes:

Please confirm this issue with Yes or No

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:18 pm

moataz, on my virtual setup : the folder is present without the special icon tho

now i meant the E-mail link on start menu ..

nothing critical tho this addon will need a few more reg entries and it ready for launch ;)

moataz

Post by moataz » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:10 pm

So it could be a common minor problem...

Cause it happens when i integrate IE7.exe too..

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:38 pm

bubbanc: Sorry i cant confirm your issues. Both working fine here, using normal addon. As bober101 said, that may be about flash, not internet explorer.

moataz, using normal addon, i cant confirm your issue. The icon of "%WinDir%\Offline Web Pages" folder is shown here. Also, e-mail icon in start menu is ok too.
I think that can be a bug of direct integration, i mean alternative addon.

bubbanc

Post by bubbanc » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:30 pm

MrNxDmX wrote:bubbanc: Sorry i cant confirm your issues. Both working fine here, using normal addon. As bober101 said, that may be about flash, not internet explorer.

moataz, using normal addon, i cant confirm your issue. The icon of "%WinDir%\Offline Web Pages" folder is shown here. Also, e-mail icon in start menu is ok too.
I think that can be a bug of direct integration, i mean alternative addon.
Thanks for checking. I will build a new image once the June RVM update is out and we'll see what happens.

Thanks,
Brian

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:31 am

their aren't bugs if it works normally
adding reg entries can add customization in the overall
check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297878

for example see comments on LITVIEW.EXE. the alt addon is more out of the cd so new IE7 as ALT isnt fully treated or customized as the cd one or like IE files updated from an updatepack aka IE6
so again these are only loose ends that can be customized to what ever you like ..
CDwise, ALT addon is treated more like third party browser with IE6 removed ;)

moataz

Post by moataz » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:33 pm

Another Confirmationabout "Offline Web Pages" special icon

NikLok

Post by NikLok » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:56 am

I find very strange moment! I integrate RVM addon 2.1.10 and IE7 1.0.5 After installing software? i try run WebResearch ( www.macropool.com ) and it crashed!!!! On other side this program nice worked on system with installed ( not intagrated ) IE7. I hope thay MrNxDmX help me resolve this problem!!!

pawan

Post by pawan » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:37 am

Ryan released the update pack, any update on IE7 pack soon?

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:03 pm

I'll work on this today. Yesterday i was busy with turkish update pack.

pawan

Post by pawan » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:40 am

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:59 pm

Both addons are updated to 106.
NikLok wrote:I integrate RVM addon 2.1.10 and IE7 1.0.5 After installing software? i try run WebResearch ( www.macropool.com ) and it crashed!!!! On other side this program nice worked on system with installed (not intagrated) IE7.
Tested webresearch_pro 2,7 in vmware, with latest normal ie7 addon and rvm update pack 2.1.11. Works ok for me.

ricktendo64

Post by ricktendo64 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:19 am

Tested alt with 2.1.11 and all went well

pawan

Post by pawan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:53 am

Thanks MrNxDmX, tested with MVPC as well as clean install everything is just fine. :) :)

code65536

Post by code65536 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:41 am

Here are a couple of registry entries that you are missing:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_RESPECT_ZONEMAP_FOR_MAPPED_DRIVES_KB929798]
"*"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_IGNORE_LEADING_FILE_SEPARATOR_IN_URI_KB933105]
"IExplore.exe"=dword:00000001
Explanation: Two Microsoft hotfixes, KB929798 and KB933105, are a bit unusual in that they require not only an updated file, but also these two registry entries to be added (check the KB articles for details: "After you apply the hotfix, you must modify registry settings to enable the hotfix."). Since you are using the QFE branch, the updated file for these hotfixes is already "included" by you having the latest version, but your add-on does not seem to have the corresponding registry entries. The fix for KB929798 is especially important, because there are a number of people, especially in a corporate environment, who use FQDNs for networking.

just_laze

Post by just_laze » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:50 am

Hello,

When I click "Change user picture" in "User Accounts" the process mshta.exe uses 100% CPU and my system hangs for roughly 12 seconds before the next screen appears.

Can anyone else duplicate this? It happens on machines with varying configurations.

Thanks.

laze.