[Release] Internet Explorer 7 English w/Updates (v2.0.4a)

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
rootworm

Post by rootworm » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:42 am

rootworm wrote:First off, thank you very much MrNxDmX for continuing this project.
Unfortunately the alternate addon seems broken for Pro VLK sources.
IE6 logo is on desktop, but exe version is 7.0.6000.20772.
IE does not start, but a window flashes briefly. There is also a weird icon in control panel that doesn't do anything...it looks like a world with 2 checkboxes in a white square overlaid on it. (no text under the icon)

In my %programfiles%\Internet Explorer folder there are these files/folders:
Connection Wizard\
SIGNUP\
HMMAPI.DLL
iedw.exe
IEXPLORE.exe (hidden/system and only able to change attribute from command line)

I have tested 4 different builds all with same result, both with Gold VLK + SP3 slipstream and also with MSDN VLK SP3. Virgin image + alternate addon and nothing else touched.
Problem solved.
Alternate addon only works for me if I patch SFC.

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:28 am

rootworm wrote:Problem solved.
Alternate addon only works for me if I patch SFC.

-evil grin- muahahaha!!! yet another victim of the do-it-then-read-the-directions syndrome!
First Post wrote:Notes:

* These addons will integrate IE7 into your windows source. Can NOT be uninstalled.
* Not for use on a running windows installation.
* The alternative addon should be fine, particularly if you prefer to overwrite files and disable SFC with nlite. This addon produces 'setuperr.log' messages about these files (imgutil.dll, inetcpl.cpl, inseng.dll, mshtml.dll, msrating.dll, pngfilt.dll, webcheck.dll). So far, they seem negligible. We're working on it!
* If you're adventurous, go with the Alternative Addon. Otherwise, play it safe and go with the normal Addon.

Comments, bugs, reports are all welcome. Thanks for your co-operation.
-chuckle- glad ya got it working :)

have fun!

rootworm

Post by rootworm » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:18 am

I guess reading -is- fundamental. :lol:

kal

Post by kal » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:54 am

Hi MrNxDmX,

I'm thinking about translating your addon into french language. For this, I have to understand the structure of your addon and it looks more complicatied than ryanvm update pack :lol:

1/Why do you use a cab inside your addon and why there's files outside your cab ? I mean, why don't you use a cab for every files or why don't you use a cab at all?

2/ Why do you include IDNDL and NLSDL as it doesn't come with IE7 neither none of the hotfixes ?

3/ Why do you slipstream every cumulative security update (KB944533+-KB928090), not just the latest one ? Moreover, you didn't slipstream the latest one, which is KB947864, is it a choice or is it because you don't have time?

Thank you,
Kal

EDIT: After looking deeper in your addon, it seems that KB944533+KB947518 are gone, and that you included latest cumulative security update : KB947864. Sorry, I trusted your first post instead of your pack ;) But I don't know why you keep KB928090 which is replaced by KB947864.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:41 am

Hi kal. Thanks for your post.
I've included KB928090 for user request, it updates corpol.dll file. I dont know if there is a newer one for it.
1)In the cab file, there are small files and mui files that i dont want to add to dosnet.inf file. They make the winntsetup directories much complicated for me. Also, the cab file helps me to copy some files 2 times and also it helps my renaming section. That replaces 7files at first boot of the system for compatibility.
2)IDNDL and NLSDL are core parts of ie7, also they come with ie8beta1 as integrated to installer :wink: They are in update folder of ie7 installer.
3 is questioned by you.
Good luck with translating :)
Cheers

kal

Post by kal » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:24 am

Thanks a lot for your answer MrNxDmX.

Ok so now i understand much better why you have a cab file and you why you keep KB928090. I didn't notice that NLSDL and IDNDL came with IE7, I apologize :)

I just have a last question. I made a regshot to see changes when I install KB928090 on french Windows XP, and I see that you skipped every FileList entry in the registry. Is it a mistake or is it wanted?

Regards and thanks for your help :)

Kal

kal

Post by kal » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:18 am

I just finished to translate your addon so I tested it to see if it works... and it does not.

So I thought "everything seems to be ok, what did i do wrong?" and I couldn't find an answer. SO I tested your addon NR_IE7en_Addon_2.0.0.7z on a clean Windows XP SP3 English VLK and it gives the same result : weir icon in start menu and IE7 doesn't launch. I didn't test the alternative version because I don't want to force user to disable SFC. Could someone tell me if he has the same bug ?

I use :
RVMi 1.5.3
NR_IE7en_Addon_2.0.0.7z
Windows XP Pro SP3 English Volume Licence

EDIT: I've tried with the alternative addon, and I have the same issue. I've correctly hacked SFC so it doesn't come from this. Moreover, I have, with both versions, this error in setuprr.log :
Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\userenv.dll because of the following error:
DllInstall returned error 2147746132 (80040154).

Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventcls.dll because of the following error:
DllInstall returned error 2147549183 (8000ffff).

Error:
Setup could not register the OLE Control C:\WINDOWS\system32\swprv.dll because of the following error:
DllInstall returned error 2147549183 (8000ffff).

I'm gonna try with nLite to see if it's not a RVMi problem.

EDIT2 : The problem is fixed with nLite. RVMi 1.5.3 doesn't work with this addon. I'm gonna post on Siginet's forum.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:31 pm

No buddy, its not a RVMi fault. Those dll errors are not about my pack, my pack doesnt modify them. Can you send your log files with rvmi please? I want to have a look on them.

kal

Post by kal » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:46 pm

Sure, here it is :
http://kalxp.free.fr/Addons/RVM_Integrator_1.5.3.7z

I'm doing dozen of tests to see what differs from nLite integration...

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:54 pm

Ok got your file.
I see now that there is nothing weird in the log files. But there are some strange things that prevent RVMi to make needed changes. I have seen same errors before, but havent seen any others. Also those days i had a whole system crash that made me think about my system, not RVMi.
In short i dont know the reason, nlite works just fine.
Can you see the cat files in XPCD/i386/svcpack directory? that was the main thing i could see in buggy installations.

kal

Post by kal » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Yes! I found the bug!

It comes from WBEMOV.INF, and you made a fix addon for this file earlier ;)
We have to change these lines (the first occurences of these):
napclientprov.mof
napclientschema.mof,
into :
napclientprov.mof,napprov.mof
napclientschema.mof,napschem.mof
And it works :)

By the way, I've noticed that RVMi create two [Components] sections in SYSOC.INF, the second one contains just this line :
msnexplr=ocmsn.dll,OcEntry,msnmsn.inf,,7
I don't know if it's safe, and i'm wondering if it's a bug? So siginet if you read, please light my mind :D

MrNxDmX, you didn't answer about the priority of FileList registry entry in your reg file... I saw you skipped all FileList registry entries, and it seems to work anyway... why?

Regards,
Kal

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:11 pm

kal wrote:Yes! I found the bug!

It comes from WBEMOV.INF
I don't know if it's safe, and i'm wondering if it's a bug? So siginet if you read, please light my mind :D

MrNxDmX, you didn't answer about the priority of FileList registry entry in your reg file... I saw you skipped all FileList registry entries, and it seems to work anyway... why?
Nice to hear that you've found it :wink:

As for the registry entries, they are too much to maintain. 32 files :S
I dont include them cos MU works just fine withOUT them :)
I'll check if i can compile the list and add them.
There is only one hotfix for IE7 this month.
Cheers

kal

Post by kal » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:19 pm

Allright!

You'll be able to get the list from my translated pack, I'll post it tomorrow.

So, how can we fix this issue? We can integrate your fix for wbemov.inf by including entries in [ExtraFileEdits]. What do you think about this? But we need to be sure that it's not already patched because it would replace second occurence...

Last question, there's only one difference between xIE7en.inf and NR_IE7en.inf : the
[AfterUserStart] section is empty in xIE7en.inf. Is it ok?

My translated pack works well by the way, thanks a lot for your help dude :)

Regards,
Kal

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:48 pm

kal wrote:So, how can we fix this issue? We can integrate your fix for wbemov.inf by including entries in [ExtraFileEdits]. What do you think about this? But we need to be sure that it's not already patched because it would replace second occurence...
Umm, i dont prefer including that fix to this addon. AFAIK, siginet will hard code that fix in next release of RVMi and nLite does the job without that fix.
Re-integrating the addon wont cause any issues, the 1.1 release is perfect for this :wink:
kal wrote:Last question, there's only one difference between xIE7en.inf and NR_IE7en.inf : the
[AfterUserStart] section is empty in xIE7en.inf. Is it ok?
Yep thats right.
kal wrote:My translated pack works well by the way, thanks a lot for your help dude :)
You're welcome dude :)

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:48 am

Maybe you should post (in BIG letters and flashing colors) that this addon does not include that fix. Not to say that it should, but so people who do have that problem and not realize it can go and "find a solution."

I am just saying. :)
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

kal

Post by kal » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:56 pm

I've integreted the last cumulative security patch : KB950759. It superseeds KB947864 so I removed this last. It works like a charm :)

By the way, I have a little issue. Since the beginning, I have these entries in setuperr.log :
Erreur:
Le programme d'installation a détecté que le fichier système [c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll] n'est pas signé correctement
par Microsoft. Ce fichier n'a pas pu être restauré à la version Microsoft correcte.
Utilisez l'utilitaire de vérification des fichiers système pour vérifier l'intégrité de ce fichier.

Erreur:
Le programme d'installation a détecté que le fichier système [c:\windows\system32\shdocvw.dll] n'est pas signé correctement
par Microsoft. Ce fichier n'a pas pu être restauré à la version Microsoft correcte.
Utilisez l'utilitaire de vérification des fichiers système pour vérifier l'intégrité de ce fichier.

Erreur:
Le programme d'installation a détecté que le fichier système [c:\windows\system32\shlwapi.dll] n'est pas signé correctement

It's in french, so it means :
Setup program detected that system file [c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll] is not correctly signed by Microsoft. This file couldn't been restored to the correct Microsoft version. Use system file checker utility to check the integrity of this file.

I have this error for 3 files : browseui.dll,shdocvw.dll,shlwapi.dll. It's not a major bug because it keeps th version of my addon, but I would like to skip this warnings. Do you know how to solve this MrNxDmX? Or maybe I have to replace these ones during OOBE ?

Kal

EDIT : hmm, these 3 files are version 6.0.2900.2995 while those that comes with SP3 are version 6.0.2900.5512. So I'm gonna make a test by removing these files from the addon.

EDIT2 : yeah! It works like a charm if I remove this 3 files from the addon, no more warnings in setuperr.log. Maybe it's safe to remove these files from your addon pack too, because they are older than these which comes with SP3.

kal

Post by kal » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 pm

And here is thefrench version!

I hope you allow me to publish your translated Addon. At the beggining of the post, I remind the reader that you are the author and I give a link to this thread. Thanks again for all your help!

Kal

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:58 pm

crashfly wrote:Maybe you should post (in BIG letters and flashing colors) that this addon does not include that fix. Not to say that it should, but so people who do have that problem and not realize it can go and "find a solution."

I am just saying. :)
Ooook, I'll integrate that fix till siginet releases new Integrator. It wont hurt anything. nLite does not support extrafile edits,and re-running the addon doesnt damage anything.
kal wrote:By the way, I have a little issue. Since the beginning, I have these entries in setuperr.log :
It's in french, so it means :
Setup program detected that system file [c:\windows\system32\browseui.dll] is not correctly signed by Microsoft. This file couldn't been restored to the correct Microsoft version. Use system file checker utility to check the integrity of this file.

I have this error for 3 files : browseui.dll,shdocvw.dll,shlwapi.dll. It's not a major bug because it keeps th version of my addon, but I would like to skip this warnings. Do you know how to solve this MrNxDmX? Or maybe I have to replace these ones during OOBE ?

Kal

EDIT : hmm, these 3 files are version 6.0.2900.2995 while those that comes with SP3 are version 6.0.2900.5512. So I'm gonna make a test by removing these files from the addon.

EDIT2 : yeah! It works like a charm if I remove this 3 files from the addon, no more warnings in setuperr.log. Maybe it's safe to remove these files from your addon pack too, because they are older than these which comes with SP3.
Thank you for your report buddy :). I'll remove these files from next addon:
browseui.dll, shdocvw.dll, shlwapi.dll
I think to remove the vbscript.dll file too. But my mind is mixed here:
IE7 installer has vbscript.dll file version: 5.7.0.5730
Sp3 installer has vbscript.dll file version: 5.7.0.16599
IMO sp3 one is newer than ie7 one. Correct me if i'm wrong please.
kal wrote:And here is thefrench version!

I hope you allow me to publish your translated Addon. At the beggining of the post, I remind the reader that you are the author and I give a link to this thread.
Thank you buddy. I'm really happy to see that you like my work and use as base :wink: No problems at releasing it.

I'll update addons with newer update and also will release one compatibility addon for sp2. But it will take some time.
Cheers to all :)

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:09 pm

MrNxDmX wrote:nLite does not support extrafile edits...
Yes, it does. ;)

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:26 pm

5eraph wrote:
MrNxDmX wrote:nLite does not support extrafile edits...
Yes, it does. ;)
Oooopppsss :oops:,
Thank you for informing me :)

Scratch

KB950759

Post by Scratch » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:17 am

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950759
Hope for coming update. Thank you!

kal

Post by kal » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:30 am

MrNxDmX wrote:But my mind is mixed here:
IE7 installer has vbscript.dll file version: 5.7.0.5730
Sp3 installer has vbscript.dll file version: 5.7.0.16599
IMO sp3 one is newer than ie7 one. Correct me if i'm wrong please.
I would say that SP3 file is newer than IE7 one, because 16599 > 5730. By the way, it's a big jump in version number... Maybe we should ask to RyanVM which is more used to this kind of questions :)
MrNxDmX wrote: Thank you buddy. I'm really happy to see that you like my work and use as base :wink: No problems at releasing it.
Thank you for allowing me to use your addon as a base, you made a great job :)

Kal

kal

Post by kal » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:03 am

Ok I'm now completely sure that vbscript.dll that comes with IE7 is deprecated and we should remove it from our pack. Indeed, if we look at this KB951978 update, it comes with vbscript.dll version 5.7.0.18066.

Cheers!

EDIT : we should also remove jscript.dll which is superseeded by the one who comes with SP3.
EDIT2 : hmm this update doesn't want to get installed if IE7 is present on system. So in fact, I don't know... maybe 5.7.0.1XXXX are for IE6 and 5.7.0.1.5XXX are for IE7... or not! :rolleyes:
EDIT3 = According to ricktendo64, 5.7.0.5730 is newer than 5.7.0.18066 because 5>1. I think he's right, otherwise update would install with IE7 present.

OuTman

Post by OuTman » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:01 pm

on my SP2 system, jscript.dll is 5.7.0.5730
(KB951978 refuses to apply on it..."only for SP3")

on my SP3 system (and also in my SP3 install source), jscript.dll is 5.7.0.16599

in a nutshell: SP3 updates from 5.7.0.5730 to 5.7.0.16599

so, (with no surprise...) 5.7.0.16599/18066 are newer than 5.7.0.5730...

ah, and KB951978 also refuses to install on my SP3 system with IE7 installed... "wrong IE version"... I think the hotfix installer is buggy (it happens quite often...)

efrain

Post by efrain » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:40 pm

Noob question...

if I remove dis code:
[StartShortCut.Copy]
Internet Explorer Desktop Icon.lnk,NR_IE_ShortCut.lnk

will internet explorer disables automatic link creation on desktop?

kal

Post by kal » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:43 pm

OuTman wrote:on my SP2 system, jscript.dll is 5.7.0.5730
(KB951978 refuses to apply on it..."only for SP3")

on my SP3 system (and also in my SP3 install source), jscript.dll is 5.7.0.16599

in a nutshell: SP3 updates from 5.7.0.5730 to 5.7.0.16599

so, (with no surprise...) 5.7.0.16599/18066 are newer than 5.7.0.5730...

ah, and KB951978 also refuses to install on my SP3 system with IE7 installed... "wrong IE version"... I think the hotfix installer is buggy (it happens quite often...)
Thanks buddy for your test report. So we will definitely remove these 2 two files I guess :)
efrain wrote:Noob question...

if I remove dis code:
[StartShortCut.Copy]
Internet Explorer Desktop Icon.lnk,NR_IE_ShortCut.lnk

will internet explorer disables automatic link creation on desktop?
Yep I think it will do the trick.

Kal

efrain

Post by efrain » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:57 pm

Awesome! Thanks mate!

kal

Post by kal » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:59 pm

By the way, do not remove [StartShortCut.Copy] section, just modify it like this :

Code: Select all

[StartShortCut.Copy]
;Internet Explorer Desktop Icon.lnk,NR_IE_ShortCut.lnk 
Kal

EDIT : and modify both inf files : NR_IE7en.inf/xIE7en.inf

kal

Post by kal » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:08 am

I made another test for jscript.dll/vbscript.dll : Installing IE7 on a clean Windows XP Pro SP3. IE7 installer doesn't replace jscript.dll/vbscript.dll, so, as said OuTman, 5.7.0.16599/18066 are newer than 5.7.0.5730.

Kal

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:28 pm

Thank you for replies :)

I havent cheked jscript.dll file, learned from you :)
I'll remove it from addons too.

And @ efrain: If you want to disable IE desktop icon creation, you need to modify only these lines in NR_IE7en.inf file only:
[FirstUserStart]
AddReg=IE7-Core.AddReg,RestoreIEDesktopIcon.AddReg,Tweaks.AddReg
to
[FirstUserStart]
AddReg=IE7-Core.AddReg,Tweaks.AddReg
Dont change any other lines if you want the shortcut work later :wink:

I'll work on this addon today. Will post asap.

Edit: If you dont want the ie desktop icon to be created with new users, you'll need to change same locations in xIE7en.inf file.

crashfly

Post by crashfly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:35 pm

MrNxDmX wrote:And @ efrain: If you want to disable IE desktop icon creation, you need to modify only these lines in NR_IE7en.inf file only:
[FirstUserStart]
AddReg=IE7-Core.AddReg,RestoreIEDesktopIcon.AddReg,Tweaks.AddReg
to
[FirstUserStart]
AddReg=IE7-Core.AddReg,Tweaks.AddReg
Dont change any other lines if you want the shortcut work later :wink:

I'll work on this addon today. Will post asap.

Edit: If you dont want the ie desktop icon to be created with new users, you'll need to change same locations in xIE7en.inf file.
As a completely "doable" option, you might want to consider creating an addon that modifies this addon when integrating. This way, people do not make unintended changes to your work. The only reason I mention it, nonno fabio has created a similar "modifying" addon to just make some cosmetic changes to his original addon. Not trying to tell you what to do, but just offering an idea.
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

efrain

Post by efrain » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:44 pm

Thanks for the info! will try that immediately.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:50 pm

Edit: First post is updated with new release links and more info about addons.

crashfly; I'll see what i can do. Seems a good suggestion :)
Cheers

rootworm

Post by rootworm » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:09 am

woot! thanks MrNxDmX (and thanks kal)

galileo

Post by galileo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:10 am

@MrNxDmX

Question: With respect to the "IE7 Addon" - if one elects to skip OOBE during installation then the "Addon" would not complete its installation...?

Thus, if one elects to skip OOBE, then one should be using the "IE7 Alternative Addon".....?

If one does not disable SFC, does the Alternative Addon install correctly...?

And, THANKS for your "indefatigable" efforts !!! (N7 too !!!)

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:07 pm

Thank you too rootworm :)

galileo, thanks for compliment mate :)
The file replacements work with registry keys. They got replaced at first boot after setup, not at oobe. So, this makes the addon compatible with oobe removals :)

The alternative addon installs and works perfect, but if you dont disable sfc, you see errors in setuperr.log file. That makes you think about some bugs in windows isntallation. Thats all :wink:

lespea

Post by lespea » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:47 pm

Thanks for the update!

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:41 am

NR_IE7en_Addon_2.0.1.7z is flawless, MrNxDmX. Thank you!

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:59 am

I have been experimenting with the alt v2.0.1 and it is perfect for me as well. However, I always disable SFC and use nLite to completely remove OOBE. This addon is getting me close to finally making the move to SP3 for all of my installs.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:03 pm

Thanks for your posts mates :)
Really appreciated, makes me really happy here ;)

Chrysalis

Post by Chrysalis » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:06 pm

this addon is great, thanks for the work. I noticed without integrating IE7 then a certian hotfix is not installable on SP3 whilst this update integrates it and it is so conveniant :)

compstuff

User CPL icon errors

Post by compstuff » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:26 am

I recently used your 2.01 Alernative addon to a clean SP3 then added MP11 anf finally a few other addons including Kels_CPLBonus_addon_v8.2.8.CAB and now I seem to have a perfect working source... I do have one very minor item with the control panel icons that has been mentioned before but I can't seem to locate the solution:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6471

any help would be appreciated and THANKS for an excellent IE7 addon

bphlpt

Post by bphlpt » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:44 am

You mean besides the fix that MrNxDmX posted in the same thread you referenced?

Cheers and Regards.

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:51 am

bphlpt wrote:You mean besides the fix that MrNxDmX posted in the same thread you referenced?

Cheers and Regards.
That fix that he posted seems to already be in the actual inf file yet I have the problem so I'm not sure what direction to go in...

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:20 pm

Can somebody confirm the same error in his/her system with alternative addon?

I havent seen that error lately. But if it still exists i'll look into it :wink:

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:15 pm

Thanks for the response... I will be trying a brand new set of tests tomorrow and will defintely post my results.... THANKS

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:49 pm

MrNxDmX wrote:Can somebody confirm the same error in his/her system with alternative addon?
I never would have noticed this issue myself, but I happened to be poking around in the Security Center (or whatever they call it) and I did notice it there. I usually don't have the left pane thing activated, but I think it has to be in the security center app which is why I ran across it.

Anyway, I always use the alt addon which was the environment the problem happened in.

moataz

Post by moataz » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:57 am

When I try to Manage Add-ons in the NR_IE7en_Addon_2.0.1.7z nothing happen. (Tools -> Manage Add-ons...)

I have face this with previous releases.

Another thing: I have PM'ed you about detailed solution of the Problem between: Resource Hacker/Icon Packs & MUI, If u r busy never mind.
XP Light, 8.1 Right Developer

Happy-Dude

Help; problem integrating tweaks

Post by Happy-Dude » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:20 pm

Heya guys !!

I just wanna say thanks very much for the add-on. It really helps a lot.

A problem that I've been running into (for both nLite & RVMi) is that I am unable to integrate the add-on with modified .inf files for registry tweaks. I got the tweaks from http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4361 and I don't see why I can't integrate.

Integration works well without my modifications. Perhaps I'm not supposed to extract the files and compress them afterwards?
Codes are for inf files, you can easily add them via an AddReg entry.
I am looking forward to see more tweaks that makes ie7 faster or more user friendly. Thanks for your help.
What is an AddReg entry? A little help here, guys ?

EDIT::
Also, can quote my .inf files to see which registry edits are redundant? Thanks a lot, guys :) !!

Thanks, I really appreciate it :) !!!!

moataz

Post by moataz » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:42 am

Where are u man!
XP Light, 8.1 Right Developer