[Release] Internet Explorer 7 English w/Updates (v2.0.4a)

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
compstuff

Post by compstuff » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:55 pm

A sad day for sure and I wish to give my heart felt thanks for all MrNxDmX's work!!! Best of luck!!!!

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:05 pm

Indeed it is a shame as this is one of the most useful and well authored addons that is in every XP install I put together.

kontini

Post by kontini » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:13 am

Excuse me, but do you like this addon? (probably I misunderstand because of my English :oops: )

RogueSpear

Post by RogueSpear » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:42 am

kontini wrote:Excuse me, but do you like this addon? (probably I misunderstand because of my English :oops: )
Yes.

moataz

Post by moataz » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:46 am

MrNxDmX wrote:THanks Sm0ker.

moataz, sorry, i cant reproduce the error you've posted with both addons. "Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> Enable or Disable Add-ons..." link works ok for me with normal and alternative addon.

Re-uploaded alternative addon, i havent updated some files in addon :S

Qfecheck report is fine with alt addon and mu is now clean :)
Will remove iepid.exe tonight and release addons in first post. Think to make a iepid addon lol
Cheers
Well, I really face this bug since long time ago (Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> Enable or Disable Add-ons... NOT WORKING)

But after installing IE7.exe on the addon, then restart PC, it worked.

Is there is a problem in my integration order, or known incompatibility with other things ?

My Order:
  • - Integrating RyanVM's Update Pack.
    - Integrating Booogy's WMP addon.
    - Integrating MrNxDmX's IE7 Addon 2.0.4a.
XP Light, 8.1 Right Developer

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:21 am

Completely understanding the fact that MrNxDmX is no longer able to support this addon I am wondering if this will eventually become an outdated and "dead" addon or is it possible that it will be resumed by other wizards from the forum.

If not is the OnePiece addon gpoing to become the addon of choice for IE?

Once again a BIG THANKS to MrNxDmX for such an excellent addon!!!

Botus

Post by Botus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:08 pm

compstuff wrote: If not is the OnePiece addon gpoing to become the addon of choice for IE?

a few earlier posts regarding 2.0.4a was suggesting "Is this addon compatible with RVM Integrator Ver-1.5.4 betas. "

I was wondering the same ever since using the 1.54 or later up to b10, I had errors using this addon.

As its no longer upto date I tried the nuno / onepiece addon v2.6.0 this weekend using 1.6 integrator and although as nuno suggests the Integrator will warn about 2 files exceeding 8.3 format (it does) it installed without any pop up errors messages holding up windows install which I was getting with 2.0.4a addon.

*Reaper*

Post by *Reaper* » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:21 pm

Botus wrote:
compstuff wrote: If not is the OnePiece addon gpoing to become the addon of choice for IE?
I was wondering the same ever since using the 1.54 or later up to b10, I had errors using this addon.
I've been using this addon with all of the betas and all the way to RVMI 1.6 final and have never had any problems.....

Botus

Post by Botus » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:37 pm

I always used and never had a problem till I started to use 1.54, I then had other issues which we bottomed out as a driver cab problem. Fixed that but still with this addon I now get errors (that I didn't have with Onepiece's addon).

I saw some comments from ENU_user and Bhishmar that make me wonder if somethings not right.
Bhishmar wrote:
Is this addon compatible with RVM Integrator Ver-1.5.4 betas.
I am asking since the SP3 WBEM Fix is builtin inside the "RyanVMs Integrator Ver-1.5.4 betas also.
So is there a problem with re-applying this fix (built into this addonpack)?

ENU_user wrote:
there is a problem with the above fix for HD based installs
it should really be:
Code:
wbemoc.inf|;napclientprov.mof|napclientprov.mof|0
wbemoc.inf|napclientprov.mof|;napclientprov.mof|1
wbemoc.inf|;napclientschema.mof|napclientschema.mof|0
wbemoc.inf|napclientschema.mof|;napclientschema.mof|1

same as how it is implemented in integrator ..
latest beta's of integrator overwrites this fix correctly..

So what is the final verdict
Problem is there with this addon + RVMi-1.5.4betas, or NOT? I am confused.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:05 am

Botus, the entries you mentioned should be handled by RVMi 1.5.6 by itself, so no need to add them in the addon anymore. I'll try to update the addon one more time for you guys, then try to explain how to build your own updated addon.
Will take some time.
Best wishes

Botus

Post by Botus » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:38 pm

MrNxDmX thanks for the reply. Its very good of you to put the time in to update...

But with IE8 out any minute should you do this :?:

bigfatroundguy

Post by bigfatroundguy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:29 pm

MrNxDmX, I have taken a crack at updating your work effort here. I'd like your permission to post it and have anyone that wants it, take it and use it. I have tried it on my installation and works perfectly (to the extent, I can tell). You will note that I have said nothing about testing and debugging it. I do not consider myself an addon expert but neither am i truly incompetent.

I have focused upon the alternate variation you created because that is the one i liked to use. with respect to the changes I made

Added KB961260 (obsoletes KB958215 & KB960714) & Added KB960715 (obsoletes KB956391) - basically i removed the obsoletes and updated the appropriate files.

what do you think?

btw - how do you "cab" files? i ask because I use CabTool and do not achieve the same levels of compression.

I posted this message on wincert.net and didn't get around to checking this site till now.

x-force

Post by x-force » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:06 pm

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:36 pm

I am wondering if you heard back reagrding this???
bigfatroundguy wrote:MrNxDmX, I have taken a crack at updating your work effort here. I'd like your permission to post it and have anyone that wants it, take it and use it. I have tried it on my installation and works perfectly (to the extent, I can tell). You will note that I have said nothing about testing and debugging it. I do not consider myself an addon expert but neither am i truly incompetent.

I have focused upon the alternate variation you created because that is the one i liked to use. with respect to the changes I made

Added KB961260 (obsoletes KB958215 & KB960714) & Added KB960715 (obsoletes KB956391) - basically i removed the obsoletes and updated the appropriate files.

what do you think?

btw - how do you "cab" files? i ask because I use CabTool and do not achieve the same levels of compression.

I posted this message on wincert.net and didn't get around to checking this site till now.

bigfatroundguy

Post by bigfatroundguy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:26 pm

neither here, nor wincert.net

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:33 pm

bigfatroundguy wrote:
for achieving the best cab compression
in RVMintegrator you can now use "cablite". (built in)

instead of placing the files that need to go into the cab (as NR_IE7en) simply keep'em inside a folder (NR_IE7en a <-folder) and pack the addon with 7z compression ( btw the addon will also loose a 1/3 or more from its size, in saving bandwidth )

not forgetting to add this to the entries file:

Code: Select all

[CreateCab]
@destination\NR_IE7en,@destination\NR_IE7en.cab
after the cab file is created the referenced folder is deleted automatically

bigfatroundguy

Post by bigfatroundguy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:50 pm

ENU - thanks for the tip.

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:01 am

bigfatroundguy... not sure if you noticed I sent you a PM...

bigfatroundguy

Post by bigfatroundguy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:07 pm

you right, i didn't notice thank you for drawing my attention to it. let me know what you think.

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:17 pm

I would like to preface this question by stating that YES I have read the 1st post and YES I have searched and tried sorting through the 278 posts that my researching brought up but at the risk of being repetative I thought maybe now their is more knowledge available regarding the issue and I probably missed something in my searching.

I have never used the alt version until just now and like everyone I have noticed the setuperror.log mesages:

Setup could not register the OLE Control because of the following error:
GetProcAddress returned error 127 (the specified procedure could not be found).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshtml.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msrating.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\inseng.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\webcheck.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\imgutil.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\imgutil.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pngfilt.dll

Is it safe to say that the gurus here consider these messages to be "immaterial" and that either the files actually do get registered or there not needed?

I have read some inferences that OnePiece's addon does the same thing but since I haven't used it I wondering if that is actually the case.

Sorry to bring up an old topic but I think it may be helpful to many others as well.

compstuff

Post by compstuff » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:44 am

Well I hate to bring up old ghosts but I have tried a number of different integrations before posting this and so far this is what I have found:

I just tried the alt version (slightly modified for latest hotfix) and the old control panel user icon problem that I had seen in the past is back.

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... ght=#79111

I tried the standard version (slightly modified for latest hotfix) and it worked perfectly with no problems. Could this be realted in any way to my previous post?

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:38 pm

bigfatroundguy, you have your permission. I dont have enough time to work on this one, i can post a new version but no luck for now :S

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Oopps, its been a long time till i worked on addons :(
I did make a real addon in my alternative ie7 addons style. I need you guys ideas, suggestions and reports in order to make it final. It doenst have updates in it yet, just the vanilla ie8.
Help me guys :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/onozjwtzu ... don_alt.7z OR
http://rapidshare.com/files/225298522/N ... don_alt.7z
MD5: 0a72a823cc19e14cc400ea287de2efc5, Size: 12,5 MB

I'll work on adding updates in it. And i couldnt fix offline web pages icon problem. Tried ricks way but didnt work, dunno why :(

And no ie7 work for now :( Sorry for that.
Cheers

OnePiece Alb

Post by OnePiece Alb » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:05 pm

Hello MrNxDmX, I am sorry because I know how to translate with google.com, or understand it if you need this no?

; OCCACHE.DLL Register
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\Win",,,"%10%"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\Win",FOLDER1,,"Downloaded Program Files,4"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\Win",FILE1,,"Downloaded Program Files\desktop.ini,2"

; WEBCHECK.DLL Register
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\Win",FOLDER2,,"Offline Web Pages,4"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RenameFiles\Win",FILE2,,"Offline Web Pages\desktop.ini,2"

Ciao.

MrNxDmX

Post by MrNxDmX » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:57 pm

Thank you OnePiece Alb for your post. I have added them, and tested but i couldnt see proper icons in windows folder. Let me do some more tests.

cuteboyz

Post by cuteboyz » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:41 am

links are dead.................................plz reupload...........................................................

user_hidden

Post by user_hidden » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:58 pm

cuteboyz wrote:links are dead.................................plz reupload...........................................................

this project has been discontinued for a few years now !

you can create your own IE7 addon with: Onepiece's Universal UpdatePack/Addon Creator - GUI version