[Release] Onepiece IE7-8 XP/2003 Addon Maker

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Post Reply
User avatar
ENU_user
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Post by ENU_user » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:20 am

IE7 Addon Creator looks very good now, with the mui edits for language aspect taken .etc

to avoid problems if someone incorrectly integrates in the same source 2-3 times IE7 addon using Integrator.
edits need to be like this:

Code: Select all

IE.inf|<NEXT>Base.AppDir.Mui.CopyFile= 16422,%MSIE4%\%MuiCultureDirectory%||0
IE.inf|Base.AppDir.CopyFile    = 16422,%MSIE4%|Base.AppDir.CopyFile    = 16422,%MSIE4%<NEXT>Base.AppDir.Mui.CopyFile= 16422,%MSIE4%\%MuiCultureDirectory%|1
IE.inf| Base.AppDir.Mui.CopyFile,||0
IE.inf|CopyFiles = Base.AppDir.CopyFile,|CopyFiles = Base.AppDir.CopyFile, Base.AppDir.Mui.CopyFile,|1
IE.inf|<NEXT>ieproxy.dll,,,32||0
IE.inf|HMMAPI.DLL,,,32|HMMAPI.DLL,,,32<NEXT>ieproxy.dll,,,32|1
IE.inf|<NEXT><NEXT>[SourceDisksFiles]<NEXT>iexplore.mui = 1<NEXT>ieproxy.dll = 1<NEXT>iedw.mui = 1<NEXT>hmmapi.mui = 1<NEXT><NEXT>[Base.AppDir.Mui.CopyFile]<NEXT>iexplore.exe.mui,iexplore.mui<NEXT>iedw.exe.mui,iedw.mui<NEXT>hmmapi.dll.mui,hmmapi.mui||0
IE.inf|ieproxy.dll,,,32|ieproxy.dll,,,32<NEXT><NEXT>[SourceDisksFiles]<NEXT>iexplore.mui = 1<NEXT>ieproxy.dll = 1<NEXT>iedw.mui = 1<NEXT>hmmapi.mui = 1<NEXT><NEXT>[Base.AppDir.Mui.CopyFile]<NEXT>iexplore.exe.mui,iexplore.mui<NEXT>iedw.exe.mui,iedw.mui<NEXT>hmmapi.dll.mui,hmmapi.mui|1|
IE.inf|;HKLM|HKLM|0
IE.inf|HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","IE - 02",,"%11%\mshta.exe /register"|;HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","IE - 02",,"%11%\mshta.exe /register"|1
IE.inf|11,,rundll32.exe,,,"iesetup.dll,IEAccessSysInst 0"|;11,,rundll32.exe,,,"iesetup.dll,IEAccessSysInst 0"|1
IE.inf|16422,%MSIE4%,ieproxy.dll,1||0
IE.inf|16422,%MSIE4%,hmmapi.dll,1|16422,%MSIE4%,hmmapi.dll,1<NEXT>16422,%MSIE4%,ieproxy.dll,1|1
IE.inf|;;11|;11|0
HIVECLS.inf|<NEXT>HKCR,".ico","Content Type",0x00000000,"image/x-icon"||0
HIVECLS.inf|FlashConfigCreateNetwork"|FlashConfigCreateNetwork"<NEXT>HKCR,".ico","Content Type",0x00000000,"image/x-icon"|1
HIVEDEF.inf|<NEXT>HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing","BehaviorOnFailedVerify",0x00010001,0<NEXT>HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing",,0x00000012||0
HIVEDEF.inf|HKCU,"UNICODE Program Groups",,0x00000012|HKCU,"UNICODE Program Groups",,0x00000012<NEXT>HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing","BehaviorOnFailedVerify",0x00010001,0<NEXT>HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing",,0x00000012|1
HIVESFT.inf|<NEXT>HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing","Policy",0x00000001,0||0
HIVESFT.inf|HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing",,0x00000010|HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing",,0x00000010<NEXT>HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing","Policy",0x00000001,0|1
SYSSETUP.inf|11,,mshtml.dll,3|11,,ieframe.dll,2|1
SYSSETUP.inf|11,,msrating.dll,1|;11,,msrating.dll,1|1
SYSSETUP.inf|11,,inseng.dll,1|;11,,inseng.dll,1|1
SYSSETUP.inf|11,,webcheck.dll,1|;11,,webcheck.dll,1|1
SYSSETUP.inf|11,,imgutil.dll,1|;11,,imgutil.dll,1|1
SYSSETUP.inf|11,,pngfilt.dll,1|;11,,pngfilt.dll,1|1
SYSSETUP.inf|;;|;|0
and will test this later
thanks ..

User avatar
keloo05
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: Romania

Post by keloo05 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:56 am

I can't download from ADrive. The dowload doesn't start, and if i push the "click here if it doesn't start" button, it says that I try to download without visiting the main page. Can you upload a mirror? Does this new version contain the fix that I suggested? Thanks.

User avatar
kontini
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:00 am

Post by kontini » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:13 am

keloo05 wrote:Does this new version contain the fix that I suggested? Thanks.
Yes
Image

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:37 am

@keloo05: Done. With Adrive, better using FireFox ;)

@Kontini: actually, the Keloo05 tweak has been tested but removed because it breaks Nlite integration

@ENU_user: thanks for suggestion. Anyway those lines are OK for Integrator but break many and many times with Nlite, with a bunch of errors. Onepiece uses another way, suggested by Siginet, to avoid multiple integration errors

P.S. 300 DLs in 4-5 days: :o thanks to all of you!
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
Siginet
Site Admin
Posts: 2894
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Post by Siginet » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:09 pm

I tried using NonnoFabio_IE7AddOn_1.9.0_ENU.cab which seems to integrate ok... but I have a couple of problems. BTW I would rather use a Switchless installer like this then actually use direct integration of IE7... due to the fact that a switchless installer is later uninstallable if the customer does not later wish to use IE7. Since some programs are incompatable with IE7 I think the switchless installer method is the smartest way to go.

My problems are this...

When I go to microsoft update or other websites that use activex... the site asks me to install the activex... but the yellow bar that usually shows up under the address bar never appears. So most users would get lost and not understand how to install the activex installer. :(

Second... In the search bar it says "RyanVM Disscussion Forum" but it searches through google. Google is actually what I would preffer on my customers computer. ;) Now when I try to go to the IE7 method of Applying settings like "Search Provider" Phishing Filter" settings and so on... it seems to just get stuck at the Applying Settings" portion. :(

Is there a way for me to choose the settings I wish to use in the switchless installer? Maybe I am missing a simple step. ;)

Thanks

Edit: Oh it looks like this is not uninstallable either. :(
Image
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

User avatar
ENU_user
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Post by ENU_user » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:45 pm

here is IE7 optimized for Google "didnt open it to look whats inside" :P

i also believe post installing this one as switchless and @ post install
is the best way to do it

with new fixes pending around, again the routines may need to change
and thats what i don't like about these installs messing with replacements
every one is better of using a switchless installer set to run @ post setup install, and that it

with out need to go full scale debugging to find what went wrong :Evil Twisted :
well thats what i figure after using these installs for some time now ..

take it or leave it ;)

benjamminzIS
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:07 am

Post by benjamminzIS » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:29 am

Siginet wrote:When I go to microsoft update or other websites that use activex... the site asks me to install the activex... but the yellow bar that usually shows up under the address bar never appears. So most users would get lost and not understand how to install the activex installer. :(
This problem I haven't had (using 1.9.2)
Siginet wrote:Second... In the search bar it says "RyanVM Disscussion Forum" but it searches through google. Google is actually what I would preffer on my customers computer. ;) Now when I try to go to the IE7 method of Applying settings like "Search Provider" Phishing Filter" settings and so on... it seems to just get stuck at the Applying Settings" portion. :(
This problem I have had, not sure if it is present with 1.9.2 that I am using, will check tonight though.
_coming soon, don't hold your breath

User avatar
Siginet
Site Admin
Posts: 2894
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Post by Siginet » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:04 am

benjamminzIS wrote:
Siginet wrote:When I go to microsoft update or other websites that use activex... the site asks me to install the activex... but the yellow bar that usually shows up under the address bar never appears. So most users would get lost and not understand how to install the activex installer. :(
This problem I haven't had (using 1.9.2)
Siginet wrote:Second... In the search bar it says "RyanVM Disscussion Forum" but it searches through google. Google is actually what I would preffer on my customers computer. ;) Now when I try to go to the IE7 method of Applying settings like "Search Provider" Phishing Filter" settings and so on... it seems to just get stuck at the Applying Settings" portion. :(
This problem I have had, not sure if it is present with 1.9.2 that I am using, will check tonight though.
The latest switchless installer is 1.9.0.
Image
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:20 am

The first problem is not a problem but the consequence of KB945007, now only a preview but from April as default IE will activate automatically ActiveX without asking "click to activate..." as in the past before Eolas summons. So why don't get used to it since now?

Second one: OK, Onepiece will remove Default Search selection from next NonnoFabio's addon

Onepiece is considering to create a Addon Creator for NonnoFabio's addon too, so if someone want to customize it, he can do it by modifying .inf file before integration.

However is not difficult to build by yourselves an uninstallable IE7 Switchless Installer: in ours there's /NOBACKUP switch which saves space but doesn't allow uninstall
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
bober101
Posts: 923
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: canadia!

Post by bober101 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:43 am

is the switchless svcpack compatible or runonce only?
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:52 am

it executes at T-13 from Svcpack
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
bober101
Posts: 923
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: canadia!

Post by bober101 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:23 am

ook thx.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:54 pm

OK: added customizable SvcpackAddon creators

EDIT: added new Integrator 1.5 IE7 script addons
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Fragbert » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:15 pm

KB944533 replaces KB942615

And what is the reason to integrate KB935560 when the KB article states the fix is resolved in a previous IE7 cumulative update?

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:59 am

Fragbert wrote:[
And what is the reason to integrate KB935560 when the KB article states the fix is resolved in a previous IE7 cumulative update?
I think because KB935560 contains a newer imgutil.dll file, not updated by any IE7 cumulative update.

Onepiece says addons are ready: I will post them this evening or tomorrow
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
waleed_wwn
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:44 pm

Post by waleed_wwn » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:40 pm

@nonno fabio

Download from adrive.com is very slow plus it does not enable resumption

may you please upload to extra sites !

User avatar
DigeratiPrime
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:31 pm

Post by DigeratiPrime » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:58 pm

thanks for the update, any idea if this will work with the SP3 RC2 Integrated?

BTW I like MiDH for free hosting
http://mihd.net/
* Resumable downloads!
* Download accelerators are allowed.
* No daily / hourly download limitations.
* We do not block users by country or ip.
* Split archives are allowed! (and encouraged)
* No waiting for a download to start (no timers, countdowns etc)
* Our users dont have to install anything to download their files (no toolbars, spyware etc)

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:10 am

WOW this latest work sounds awesome...THANKS ...I will experiment and test both the RVMi mini-addons tomorrow... but in following the last few posts regarding the updates why am I only using KB938127,KB944533 with the minis and not including KB947518,KB935560 ???

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:14 am

ENU_user wrote:here is IE7 optimized for Google "didnt open it to look whats inside" :P
This could definitely save me some reg tweaks and other setup issues... I will see if I can try it tomorrow and if you do get a look inside :wink: please let us know... thanks

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:32 am

@waleed_wwn and Digeratiprime: OMG, done! ;)

for XP v3300 I will let you know.

@compstuff: work in progress here. It's hard to provide a different version to meet everyone's needs but we're trying to. v1 (938127+944533) and v2 (938127+944533+947518) are there; v3 (938127+944533+947518+935560) is coming.

We think mini-addons (supported only by awesome new Integrator 1.5) are the best way to integrate IE7, better than true addons
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:45 am

nonno fabio wrote:
for XP v3300 I will let you know.
No, it is not yet compatible with RC2

2.0.1 should be compatible: please, test it
Last edited by nonno fabio on Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:10 am

nonno fabio wrote: @compstuff: work in progress here. It's hard to provide a different version to meet everyone's needs but we're trying to. v1 (938127+944533) and v2 (938127+944533+947518) are there; v3 (938127+944533+947518+935560) is coming.

We think mini-addons (supported only by awesome new Integrator 1.5) are the best way to integrate IE7, better than true addons
OK.. I think I understand... but where can I download KB935560 to integrate with v3 of the mini-addon???

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:08 pm

Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Fragbert » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:25 pm

We're sorry, but your last request produced the following error:
We could not find the file specified

ccl0
Posts: 817
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:56 am

Post by ccl0 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Fragbert wrote:
We're sorry, but your last request produced the following error:
We could not find the file specified
you probably have to log in to access it

Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Fragbert » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:13 pm

Also v2 of the I386 true addon does not process in integrator 1.5rc5, whereas v1 works fine.


Looking at the log file, integrator completely skips processing the entry file for the v2 addon, but extracts it in the beggining:

11:05:54 - Extracting OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.0_ENU_v2_For_RVMi.7z
11:05:54 - MD5 Hash = 7A6CF600A69FB4511A1197F7CDFAA7B2

Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Fragbert » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:13 pm

ccl0 wrote:
Fragbert wrote:
We're sorry, but your last request produced the following error:
We could not find the file specified
you probably have to log in to access it
nope.

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:19 pm

Fragbert wrote:
ccl0 wrote:
Fragbert wrote: We're sorry, but your last request produced the following error:
We could not find the file specified
you probably have to log in to access it
nope.
Great site and I wil definitely register but it is required in order to download:

We're sorry, but your last request produced the following error:
Registration is required for downloads. Registration is quick, easy and Free!

User avatar
*Reaper*
Posts: 594
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:01 am

Post by *Reaper* » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:38 pm

Heres a mirror for those that need it.....

NOTE: This link will be REMOVED if Xable or nonno fabio ask me to.....

Size: 498 kb
Image

Jondar
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:06 am
Location: Maitland NSW AU
Contact:

Post by Jondar » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:34 am

Fragbert wrote:Also v2 of the I386 true addon does not process in integrator 1.5rc5, whereas v1 works fine.


Looking at the log file, integrator completely skips processing the entry file for the v2 addon, but extracts it in the beggining:

11:05:54 - Extracting OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.0_ENU_v2_For_RVMi.7z
11:05:54 - MD5 Hash = 7A6CF600A69FB4511A1197F7CDFAA7B2
That's because the v2 of the mini-addon isn't packed correctly. If you open it up in 7-zip, you'll see a "OnePiece_IE7AddOn_2.0.0_ENU_v2_For_RVMi" folder then the entries_ie7.ini and rvmtemp folder inside it. The entries_ie7.ini and rvmtemp folder should be in the "root" folder of the archive.

What I did was simply repack the addon, making sure that the entries_ie7.ini and rvmtemp folders were at the "root"

-- Jondar

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:46 am

Makave2345 wrote:Heres a mirror for those that need it.....

NOTE: This link will be REMOVED if Xable or nonno fabio ask me to.....

Size: 498 kb
Image
Thanks ...for some reason it won't download... guess I'm not meant to get this file :)

User avatar
Kelsenellenelvian
Moderator
Posts: 4383
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:32 pm
Location: Pocatello, ID
Contact:

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:26 am

The DL worked fine for me. Are you using a DL manager or anything?

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:29 am

Kelsenellenelvian wrote:The DL worked fine for me. Are you using a DL manager or anything?
No not at all but it worked fine when I used FF instead of IE :rolleyes:

Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Fragbert » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:27 pm

compstuff wrote:
Fragbert wrote:
ccl0 wrote: you probably have to log in to access it
nope.
Great site and I wil definitely register but it is required in order to download:

We're sorry, but your last request produced the following error:
Registration is required for downloads. Registration is quick, easy and Free!
What I'm telling you in so many words is that the file is not there, registered or not (I am registered).

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:18 am

Fragbert wrote: What I'm telling you in so many words is that the file is not there, registered or not (I am registered).
Frag... your not following the thread... I'm telling you I had the same problem using Internet Explorer and then tried my portable Firefox and not only was the file there but I downloaded it...

Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Fragbert » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:53 pm

compstuff wrote:
Fragbert wrote: What I'm telling you in so many words is that the file is not there, registered or not (I am registered).
Frag... your not following the thread... I'm telling you I had the same problem using Internet Explorer and then tried my portable Firefox and not only was the file there but I downloaded it...
If you notice the timestamps on the upload, it was uploaded 4 hours after my last post saying "nope"

Nothing to do with FF vs IE

User avatar
compstuff
Posts: 464
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:25 pm
Location: Florida

Post by compstuff » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Despite the fact that the timing of the reponses is somewhat confusing here... Frag you right... I verified I can now download the same file with IE

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:11 pm

nope :)

I've uploaded it on feb 14, 09:07 PM (GMT time), one minute before my post and one hour before yours, as you can read on THS download page ;)
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
ricktendo64
Posts: 3213
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:27 am
Location: Honduras

Post by ricktendo64 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:40 pm

Which one is the nLite one?

The entries.ini is doing some odd stuff with syssetup.dll (renameing it sysetup.dl and what notl)

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:26 am

The addons (not the mini-addons) are for both Integrator and Nlite.

"odd stuff" is required to work with Integrator: Nlite don't need it because it does the same renaming and patching by itself
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
ricktendo64
Posts: 3213
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:27 am
Location: Honduras

Post by ricktendo64 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:08 pm

Yea I know, but nLite adds the txtseup.sif and dosnet.inf entries for sysetup.dll resulting in a copy error during textmode setup

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:35 am

oh, that one. we know it. It's a Onepiece's slip when improving Addons (you see: now is only 9,2 Mb) but it's already fixed. In a short time Nlite users too will be satisfied.

Implementing RVMIntegrator new addon system was demanding... :rolleyes:
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
Siginet
Site Admin
Posts: 2894
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Post by Siginet » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:00 am

nonno fabio wrote:oh, that one. we know it. It's a Onepiece's slip when improving Addons (you see: now is only 9,2 Mb) but it's already fixed. In a short time Nlite users too will be satisfied.

Implementing RVMIntegrator new addon system was demanding... :rolleyes:
Haha. Yeah it is a learning curve. People do not even know the possabilities yet. Great job on the addons though. I can tell a lot of work went into them. I think I could make an autoit script that could expand the hotfixes and gather the needed info to compile the inf automatically. It is something I have wanted to mess around with for quite a while. I think it would benefit the integrator addons here a lot. So that you won't need to release them according to the exact hotfixes that they were made for. Also when new hotfixes are released they can just be added to a hotfix directory and the script can automatically add the info to the inf file.

If you have some ideas on a method I can use to compile the inf that would be great.
I'll try to send you a simplescript based on your idea tommorrow.

BTW... do you have any idea why the Active X Bar does not apear under the address bar when I go to a site that needs to install an activeX control? Like Microsoft Update. I have tried to play around with the settings but am having no luck. I did some research and it may be caused by one of the hotfixes.
Image
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:10 am

Siginet, all that you want... ;)

I will ask Onepiece.

End of ActiveX bar is the conseguence of KB947518: now is only a optional preview but the "Click to activate" behavior will be permanently removed in the Internet Explorer cumulative update that is planned for April 2008. see KB article for further info
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
DigeratiPrime
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:31 pm

Post by DigeratiPrime » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:05 pm

nonno fabio wrote:
nonno fabio wrote:
for XP v3300 I will let you know.
No, it is not yet compatible with RC2

2.0.1 should be compatible: please, test it
Its probably related to the issue ricktendo64 mentioned, but "onepiece_ie7addon_2.0.1_enu.7z" integration with XP Pro SP3 v3300 using nLite v1.4.1 does not work fully. Although Internet Explorer 7 opens it does not connect to any pages on the internet; no packets are sent or received from it. Also the Start Menu shortcut is not set and the program exe is hidden.

I really need to invest some time and dissect the addon completely :)

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:53 am

the issue reported by Ricktendo64 is fixed from 2.0.2.

Seems your problem is not related to this addon instead. However you could try this new build.

We warmly suggest to Integrator 1.5 users the new RVMi script , especially with XP SP3, because it is able to keep the right file when they have the same name, without overwriting newer one with older one
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:38 am

Siginet wrote:
nonno fabio wrote:oh, that one. we know it. It's a Onepiece's slip when improving Addons (you see: now is only 9,2 Mb) but it's already fixed. In a short time Nlite users too will be satisfied.

Implementing RVMIntegrator new addon system was demanding... :rolleyes:
Haha. Yeah it is a learning curve. People do not even know the possabilities yet. Great job on the addons though. I can tell a lot of work went into them. I think I could make an autoit script that could expand the hotfixes and gather the needed info to compile the inf automatically. It is something I have wanted to mess around with for quite a while. I think it would benefit the integrator addons here a lot. So that you won't need to release them according to the exact hotfixes that they were made for. Also when new hotfixes are released they can just be added to a hotfix directory and the script can automatically add the info to the inf file.

If you have some ideas on a method I can use to compile the inf that would be great.
I'll try to send you a simplescript based on your idea tommorrow.

BTW... do you have any idea why the Active X Bar does not apear under the address bar when I go to a site that needs to install an activeX control? Like Microsoft Update. I have tried to play around with the settings but am having no luck. I did some research and it may be caused by one of the hotfixes.
OK, an idea is to put a basic (11000 lines) ie7.inf inside RVMi. it is only 80 Kb more but it will save a lot of time. In this inf we put sections:
[Hotfix.AddReg]

[Hotfix.DelReg]

then taking from update.inf all the [Product.Add.Reg] section and put it in [Hotfix.AddReg] (rvmi already does it), then deleting all lines in inf with "%SP_SHORT_TITLE%" and [Hotfix.AddReg] is done.
Doing the same with [Product.Del.Reg] with [Hotfix.DelReg]: usually are only few line in Cumulative updates.
Now Integrator would be able to recognize the language of IE7.exe to use the right MUIs from a list previously stored in its memory, like
;Brazilian = MuiCultureDirectory=pt-BR MuiCultureLangIdHex=0416 LANG=PTB
;ChineseSimplified = MuiCultureDirectory=zh-CN MuiCultureLangIdHex=0804 LANG=CHS
;ChineseTraditional = MuiCultureDirectory=zh-TW MuiCultureLangIdHex=0404 LANG=CHT
;Czech = MuiCultureDirectory=cs-CZ MuiCultureLangIdHex=0405 LANG=CSY
;English = MuiCultureDirectory=en-US MuiCultureLangIdHex=0409 LANG=ENU.
So after the choice of right MUI form entries.ini, RVMI will take the right BuildChecksum of every file (they're always the same 33) with a command like this
FOR %%f IN (*.*) DO (Echo>>IE7HBCS.txt pechecksum -p "%%f"
pechecksum -p "%%f">>IE7HBCS.txt)
and write them to default lines written in ie7.inf:
[Hotfix1.AddReg]
HKLM,"%SP0UPDATES%\Name1-IE7","Description",0,"%IE7SECUPDATE% (Name1)"
HKLM,"%SP0UPDATES%\Name1-IE7","InstalledBy",0,"%NAME%"
HKLM,"%SP0UPDATES%\Name1-IE7","InstalledDate",0,"%VERSION%"
HKLM,"%SP0UPDATES%\Name1-IE7","Type",0,"Update"
HKLM,"%SP0UPDATES%\Name1-IE7\Filelist\0","FileName",0,"vgx.dll"
HKLM,"%SP0UPDATES%\Name1-IE7\Filelist\0","Version",0,"Name2"
HKLM,"%SP0UPDATES%\Name1-IE7\Filelist\0","BuildDate",0,"Name3"
HKLM,"%SP0UPDATES%\Name1-IE7\Filelist\0","BuildCheckSum",0,"Name4"
HKLM,"%SP0UPDATES%\Name1-IE7\Filelist\0","Location",0,"%16427%\Microsoft Shared\VGX"
HKLM,"%HFREGPATH%\Name1-IE7","Backup Dir",0,""
HKLM,"%HFREGPATH%\Name1-IE7","Comments",0,"%IE7SECUPDATE% (Name1)"
HKLM,"%HFREGPATH%\Name1-IE7","Fix Description",0,"%IE7SECUPDATE% (Name1)"
HKLM,"%HFREGPATH%\Name1-IE7","IE Service Pack",0x00010001,0
HKLM,"%HFREGPATH%\Name1-IE7","Installed",0x10001,1
HKLM,"%HFREGPATH%\Name1-IE7","Installed By",0,"%NAME%"
HKLM,"%HFREGPATH%\Name1-IE7","Installed On",0,"%VERSION%"
HKLM,"%HFREGPATH%\Name1-IE7","Service Pack",0x10001,20
HKLM,"%HFREGPATH%\Name1-IE7","Valid",0x10001,1
HKLM,"%HFREGPATH%\Name1-IE7\File 1","Flags",0,""
HKLM,"%HFREGPATH%\Name1-IE7\File 1","New File",0,""
HKLM,"%HFREGPATH%\Name1-IE7\File 1","New Link Date",0,""
HKLM,"%HFREGPATH%\Name1-IE7\File 1","Old Link Date",0,""

a system like this will allow to integrate IE7 without any sort of addon, only putting IE7 and its hotfixes in plugin directory
Onepiece told me many other things but...see if you understand at least this

:?
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
mionica
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Timisoara TM, RO
Contact:

hmmm

Post by mionica » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Version 2.0.2, when integrated by nLite, does for me really spooky things, such as setup hanging at the saving settings. Will test standalone, but if it still fails...

Wouldn't it be simpler to have, as it were, a version for the Integrator and one for fans of nLite?

P.S. Tested with nLite versions 1.4.1 and 1.5 alpha 9

Edit: I have tested it with both nLite versions mentioned above, both on a clean XP SP2 source and on a source updated with DizzyDen's UP. All 4 scenarios failed.
Last edited by mionica on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mircea Horea IONICA
mionica@as.ro
+40 (0)766 694495

cosy
Posts: 278
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:56 pm

Post by cosy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:51 pm

same problem here too, this Version 2.0.2 is not good. lam having all sorts of problems with it (nlite)

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:03 am

In the past there was a different addon for Integrator and Nlite because of compatibility problems with Integrator. Now that Integrator 1.5 is perfect there's no more need for 2 addon. With Nlite we never had problems because the addon uses a similar way to integrate ie7 as Nlite.

Version 2.0.2 has no significant changes from previous one, only a bug fix. We have retested once again with Nlite 1.4.1 and found no problems of any sort.

We don't know the cause of those errors: it could be a broken CD problem (CD writer error which doesn't write correctly some sectors on that specific disc)
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Post Reply