[Release] Onepiece IE7-8 XP/2003 Addon Maker

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Post Reply
User avatar
vmanda
Posts: 1634
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: TM.Romania

Post by vmanda » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:06 pm

roirraW "edor" wrote:
Maybe it just deletes the contents of a log file?
Not, seem that Onepiece Cosmetic Addon for IE7 edit SYSTETUP.INF section [OleControlDlls], removing few files for
being registred at the verry first windows start, and patch SYSSETUP.DLL ( using Zacam method ).

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:47 am

thanks for the explanation, mates ;)

Older Onepiece's true addon used to patch syssetup but someone doesn't like it.
So Onepiece removed Syssetup patching but this causes those setuperr.log entries. Now you can choose if you prefer patching or not
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
crashfly
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:39 pm
Location: Arkansas, USA

Post by crashfly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:14 am

nonno fabio wrote:thanks for the explanation, mates ;)

Older Onepiece's true addon used to patch syssetup but someone doesn't like it.
So Onepiece removed Syssetup patching but this causes those setuperr.log entries. Now you can choose if you prefer patching or not
Thank you for the explanation on that. I am most appreciative.
A mind is like a parachute, it only functions when it is open.
--Anonymous

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Gurujuge
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:04 pm

Post by Gurujuge » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:03 pm

Hmm, got this using NonnoFabio_IE7_WinXPSP3_v2.2.0_AddOn_ENU.7z (with XP SP3)..

Image

MarcJ
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:42 am

Post by MarcJ » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:08 am

Slightly off topic but, is OnePiece willing to make english version of any of his other addons? I would like to get his Windows Defender, WinZip, and Microsoft Update addons.

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:54 am

@gurujuge: it's our fault, will fix it soon. In the meantime you don't need to reinstall XP: extract ie7.exe from addon then find IEREGUP.inf, copy it in C:\WINDOWS\inf then click it to execute. Or save ie7.exe and simply start it: it will reinstall and correct you IE7 installation.

EDIT: done. Svcpack addon/script/creator users should redownload it. Sorry and thanks to pointing it out

@MarcJ: I will ask him
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:54 am

MarcJ wrote:Slightly off topic but, is OnePiece willing to make english version of any of his other addons? I would like to get his Windows Defender, WinZip, and Microsoft Update addons.
there you are
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

bhurtel
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:26 pm

Post by bhurtel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:27 am

why it is not registered as a default broswer
also it doesn't redirect to my website which i mentioned on winnt.sif
whatever be the my home page, it redirects to some thing like
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlin?.....

User avatar
5eraph
Site Admin
Posts: 4621
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:38 pm
Location: Riverview, MI USA

Post by 5eraph » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:26 am

You're referring to:which from first run on redirects tountil you've applied your settings in IE7. This is normal.

There are registry tweaks to bypass this. Or you could try Dougiefresh's IE7 Tweaks Add-On v1.0.

bhurtel
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:26 pm

Post by bhurtel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:03 am

how can i make it a default browser unattendedly

prefarably from registry tweaks

User avatar
vmanda
Posts: 1634
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: TM.Romania

Post by vmanda » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:23 am

I have replaced INSTALL.ins from Onepiece IE7 Addon with this one generated using IEAK ( Internet Explorer Administration Kit ):

Code: Select all

[Branding]
CompanyName=Microsoft Corporation
Wizard_Version=7.00.5730.13
Version=7,00,5730,13
Custom_Key=MICROSO
Type=0
Wizard_Version=6.0.5730.13
Custom_Key=
Language Locale=EN
Language ID=1033
Window_Title_CN=Internet Explorer 7
Window_Title=Internet Explorer 7
NoSearchGuide=1
NoHomePage=1
FavoritesOnTop=0
NoFavorites=1
NoLinks=1
NoRSSFeeds=1
CMProfilePath=
CMProfileName=
CMUseCustom=0
NoDial=1
Platform=1
[Media]
Build_CD=0
Build_LAN=1
Build_BrandingOnly=1
[IEAKLite]
Corporate Install Features=1
Security Zones and Content Ratings=1
Additional Settings=1
Sign-up Settings=1
Certificate Customization=1
[CDCustomFiles]
InstallIEVersion=7,0,5730,13
[URL]
MergePreviousHomePages=0
NoWelcome=1
FirstHomePage=http://www.google.com
AutoDetect=1
AutoConfig=0
[Proxy]
Proxy_Enable=0
[SearchProviders]
URL1=http://www.google.com
SortIndex1=1
DisplayName1=Google Web Search
This will set first page at 'www.google.com'.

bhurtel
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:26 pm

Post by bhurtel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:18 pm

i have only two addons integrated with my XP CP
boogy WMP11 slepstreamer
and one peice IE7 2.2.1

now my theme service isn't working and show desktop icon is missing from quick launch bar.

I haven't figure these sort of problem in XP SP2, but in XP SP3 there are so many things to be managed .. why ?
is this bug on SP3 or bugs on addons ...

what i did is :
XP sp3 (original VLK)
ryan vm to integrate one peice IE7
boogy wmp11 slip
dbase massstorage
patched system files,, uxtheme, syssetup.dll,

User avatar
ricktendo64
Posts: 3213
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:27 am
Location: Honduras

Post by ricktendo64 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:35 am

Hey nono here is a great reg tweak to "get back" the IE icon on desktop option that MS removed, found on MSFN but I tweaked it a bit and made a few improovements

Image

Code: Select all

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop","Text",,"%MSIEXPLORE_DESC% en el escritorio"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop","Type",,"group"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop","Bitmap",0x20000,"%%ProgramFiles%%\%LMSIE4%\iexplore.exe,7"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","RegPath",,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","Text",,"No mostrar acceso directo a %MSIEXPLORE_DESC%"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","Type",,"radio"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","CheckedValue",0x10001,1
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","ValueName",,"{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","DefaultValue",0x10001,1
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\HIDEIEICON","HKeyRoot",0x10001,01,00,00,80
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","RegPath",,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","Text",,"Mostrar acceso directo a %MSIEXPLORE_DESC%"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","Type",,"radio"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","CheckedValue",0x10001,0
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","ValueName",,"{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}"
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","DefaultValue",0x10001,1
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\InternetExplorerOnDesktop\SHOWIEICON","HKeyRoot",0x10001,01,00,00,80

XeroxZer0
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:22 pm

Post by XeroxZer0 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:09 am

If i'm integrating this into a SP3 source, why would the hotfixes KB928090 and KB938127 be required when the Microsoft web site states that they are required for SP2?

Chrysalis
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:37 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by Chrysalis » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:33 am

XeroxZer0 you made me do an investigation, microsoft has really made a howler by not including IE7. It seems 938127 will not install on SP3 machines at all meaning they are vulnerable, as installing IE7 will replace VGX.DLL with vulnerable version and 938127 is designed for SP2 not SP3. I am now in a mess on whether to even bother integrating SP3 as integrating SP2 was simple but with SP3 they have not included IE7 so it becomes a nightmare.

Anyone who has used this addon can you confirm if KB938127 is actually working, the IEBLOG site is riddled with complaints saying KB938127 will not install on service pack 3 machines meaning all IE7 users on service pack 3 are vulnerable.

Please check version of file VGX.DLL
is it 7.0.6000.20628 ?
or 7.0.5730.13

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:10 am

ricktendo64 wrote:Hey nono here is a great reg tweak to "get back" the IE icon on desktop option that MS removed, found on MSFN but I tweaked it a bit and made a few improovements
It's really amazing...Onepiece has immediately applied it in his XP AIO Update Pack. Thanks a lot!
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

SelfMan
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by SelfMan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:19 pm

The OnePiece_IE7_WinXPSP3_v2.2.1_AddOn_ENU.7z already includes the latest version - 7.0.6000.20628.
Chrysalis wrote:XeroxZer0 you made me do an investigation, microsoft has really made a howler by not including IE7. It seems 938127 will not install on SP3 machines at all meaning they are vulnerable, as installing IE7 will replace VGX.DLL with vulnerable version and 938127 is designed for SP2 not SP3. I am now in a mess on whether to even bother integrating SP3 as integrating SP2 was simple but with SP3 they have not included IE7 so it becomes a nightmare.

Anyone who has used this addon can you confirm if KB938127 is actually working, the IEBLOG site is riddled with complaints saying KB938127 will not install on service pack 3 machines meaning all IE7 users on service pack 3 are vulnerable.

Please check version of file VGX.DLL
is it 7.0.6000.20628 ?
or 7.0.5730.13

Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Fragbert » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:58 am

Question - can we replace hotfixes in the plugin directory with newer hotfix releases in the plugin directory and use the current 2.2.1 RVMI true addon? Or is that addon looking for specific KB hotfixes in the plugin directory?

OuTman
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:40 pm

Post by OuTman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:33 pm

"cosmetic fix" addon doesn't work for me because syssetup.inf is compressed (in syssetup.in_)

so have to decompress it manually each time

is it possible to create an addon which work directly with syssetup.in_ ?

HosseinMoradi
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:15 am

Post by HosseinMoradi » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:09 am

KB953838 has been released can you update the pack
thanks

User avatar
OnePiece Alb
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:01 pm
Location: Albania
Contact:

Post by OnePiece Alb » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:02 pm

Hello to all, Nonno Fabbio and on holiday, so here's the link, wait for more information returning Nonno Fabbio (after about 10 days).

OnePiece_IE7_WinXPSP3_v2.3.0_AddOn_ENU.7z
http://tmtbcw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p ... z?download
Hash MD5 70A3FD0B2B367AEC10735814E1EE237C

Add: KB889333-IE7, KB953838-IE7
Remove: KB950759-IE7

Greystoke
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Greystoke » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:49 am

OnePiece Alb wrote:Hello to all, Nonno Fabbio and on holiday, so here's the link, wait for more information returning Nonno Fabbio (after about 10 days).

OnePiece_IE7_WinXPSP3_v2.3.0_AddOn_ENU.7z
http://tmtbcw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p ... z?download
Hash MD5 70A3FD0B2B367AEC10735814E1EE237C

Add: KB889333-IE7, KB953838-IE7
Remove: KB950759-IE7
To use this addon with nLite, do I just add it into the Hot Fixes, Addons and Updates Packs, section of nLite.

periferral
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:51 pm

repair IE comestic download link

Post by periferral » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:01 pm

in the first post, the repair IE comestic download link is not working. Can you please update the post with a working link. thanks

User avatar
garson
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:42 pm

Re: repair IE comestic download link

Post by garson » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:49 pm

periferral wrote:in the first post, the repair IE comestic download link is not working. Can you please update the post with a working link. thanks
Works for me. :)

Caio.xD
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by Caio.xD » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Please Update True addon maker for KB953838!!!

Thanks!!!

User avatar
*Reaper*
Posts: 594
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:01 am

Post by *Reaper* » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:50 pm

OnePiece Alb wrote:Hello to all, Nonno Fabbio and on holiday, so here's the link, wait for more information returning Nonno Fabbio (after about 10 days).

OnePiece_IE7_WinXPSP3_v2.3.0_AddOn_ENU.7z
http://tmtbcw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p ... z?download
Hash MD5 70A3FD0B2B367AEC10735814E1EE237C

Add: KB889333-IE7, KB953838-IE7
Remove: KB950759-IE7

Just curious if this is for use with NLite or RVMIntegrator?

And also, thanks for all your hard work. It is very much appreciated!

Caio.xD
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by Caio.xD » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:07 pm

*Reaper* wrote:
OnePiece Alb wrote:Hello to all, Nonno Fabbio and on holiday, so here's the link, wait for more information returning Nonno Fabbio (after about 10 days).

OnePiece_IE7_WinXPSP3_v2.3.0_AddOn_ENU.7z
http://tmtbcw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p ... z?download
Hash MD5 70A3FD0B2B367AEC10735814E1EE237C

Add: KB889333-IE7, KB953838-IE7
Remove: KB950759-IE7

Just curious if this is for use with NLite or RVMIntegrator?

And also, thanks for all your hard work. It is very much appreciated!
Both!

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:19 am

OK, released all updated versions, plus a new RunOnceEx addon.
Caio.xD wrote:Please Update True addon maker for KB953838!!!

Thanks!!!
Done. Starting from this release there will no more need to update the Svcpack Addon Maker script (the True Addon Maker needs the right filenames instead)
Last edited by nonno fabio on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Fragbert » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:12 am

The cosmetic fix addon in this thread is dead (livefilestore.com no longer is active). There is a live link to the addon here http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1737 but has a different MD5 hash - is this one on wincert OK to use? Or is it outdated?

Caio.xD
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by Caio.xD » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:31 am

nonno fabio wrote:OK, released all updated versions, plus a new RunOnceEx addon.
Caio.xD wrote:Please Update True addon maker for KB953838!!!

Thanks!!!
Done. Starting from this release there will no more need to update the Addon Maker script
Thanks a lot nonno fabio!

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:51 am

Fragbert wrote:The cosmetic fix addon in this thread is dead (livefilestore.com no longer is active). There is a live link to the addon here http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1737 but has a different MD5 hash - is this one on wincert OK to use? Or is it outdated?
Updated link: thanks
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Fragbert » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:09 am

nonno fabio wrote:
Fragbert wrote:The cosmetic fix addon in this thread is dead (livefilestore.com no longer is active). There is a live link to the addon here http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1737 but has a different MD5 hash - is this one on wincert OK to use? Or is it outdated?
Updated link: thanks
Image

That's with the new link. Wincert link has no issue.

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:33 am

Fragbert wrote:
nonno fabio wrote:
Fragbert wrote:The cosmetic fix addon in this thread is dead (livefilestore.com no longer is active). There is a live link to the addon here http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1737 but has a different MD5 hash - is this one on wincert OK to use? Or is it outdated?
Updated link: thanks
That's with the new link. Wincert link has no issue.
entries.ini is the same for both. Maybe Syssetup hasn't been recabbed correctly: the file in your CD should be "syssetup.dl_" not "syssetup.dll"
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

ssjkakaroto
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:09 am

Post by ssjkakaroto » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:05 pm

I'm getting a strange issue with this addon, if I integrate the true addon with nlite and then remove "Internet Explorer" but leave "Internet Explorer Core" the core doesn't work and tries to save all the pages instead of opening them, also there is no Internet Options in Control Panel.
If I integrate MrNxDmX's Alternative Addon everything works perfectly but I lose the latest updates.
I tested this with Firefox's IE Tab and with Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer, both use IE core.
Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.

User avatar
trippinferret
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: Lakewood, N.S.W. Australia

Post by trippinferret » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:01 am

Just installed your internet explorer 7 update into a fresh install and it worked perfectly, thanks for a top pack, I hope you keep updating it when the next hotfix comes out.

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:30 am

ssjkakaroto wrote:I'm getting a strange issue with this addon, if I integrate the true addon with nlite and then remove "Internet Explorer" but leave "Internet Explorer Core" the core doesn't work and tries to save all the pages instead of opening them, also there is no Internet Options in Control Panel.
If I integrate MrNxDmX's Alternative Addon everything works perfectly but I lose the latest updates.
I tested this with Firefox's IE Tab and with Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer, both use IE core.
Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
Have you tried with Nlite 1.4.9?
v1.4.9
...
fix: IE removal if IE7 integrated
http://www.nliteos.com/changelog.html
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

ssjkakaroto
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:09 am

Post by ssjkakaroto » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:24 pm

Yes nonno fabio
But I want to remove IE, just not the core.
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.

User avatar
Siginet
Site Admin
Posts: 2894
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Post by Siginet » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:26 am

Hey nonno fabio,

Can you ask OnePiece if he could possibly make the Svcpack addon maker give you some sort of option to select wether or not the installer is uninstallable or not? I think it would be a popular feature. ;)

Thanks!
Image
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:10 am

Yes, since the beginning he considered about adding a txt file which allows to add or remove the /NOBACKUP switch. Onepiece knows you are even busier than him but if you have some directions about the better way to implement it in the IE7 Addon Maker, it would be great.

Many thanks for the suggestion.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
Siginet
Site Admin
Posts: 2894
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:07 pm
Location: Planet Earth
Contact:

Post by Siginet » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:49 pm

I've actually looked through the code you sent me awhile back... but I can not find out where it compiles the files into an exe. :( So I do not know when it adds the /NOBACKUP switch.

I have no idea what 7z.txt file of 7z.sfx is used in the source. Or does OnePiece use some other method to compile it?

The idea I was thinking was when the user executes the exe a window or cmd prompt pops up and asks if the user would like to make the file uninstallable Yes Or No.
Image
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

User avatar
kontini
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:00 am

Post by kontini » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:31 am

OnePiece doesn't use a 7z.sfx module. He compiles a batch file in an exe file with a compiler.

He thinks to insert the options compiling an .ini file
Image

Happy-Dude
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:13 pm

Post by Happy-Dude » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:18 am

I'm just wondering, is there anyway that we can incorporate the hotfixes mentioned at:

--> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943510/#appliesto
--> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956625/

These are some memory leak fixes for IE7 (and apparently some browser control). Here is where I got the news article: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Fix-Avai ... 3447.shtml .

Think these hotfixes can be incorporated ?

User avatar
Stimpy
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:00 pm
Location: Denmark

Post by Stimpy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:02 pm

Nice find Happy-Dude.

I was wondering why IE has been a bit slow and crashy lately. I hope these fixes get integrated in to this great addon.

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:43 am

Happy-Dude wrote:I'm just wondering, is there anyway that we can incorporate the hotfixes mentioned at:

--> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943510/#appliesto
--> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956625/

These are some memory leak fixes for IE7 (and apparently some browser control). Here is where I got the news article: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Fix-Avai ... 3447.shtml .

Think these hotfixes can be incorporated ?
both hotfixes are for Windows, not for IE. File versions of KB943510 seems to apply to XP SP2 only, despite what declared in linked article. Maybe KB956625 will be included in next Onepiece XP postSP3 AIO UpdatePack.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

Fragbert
Posts: 338
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Fragbert » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:58 pm

Fragbert wrote:Question - can we replace hotfixes in the plugin directory with newer hotfix releases in the plugin directory and use the current RVMI true addon? Or is that addon looking for specific KB hotfixes in the plugin directory?
I would appreciate an answer on this. Thanks.

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:34 am

answer - you can do this only using svcpack addon, not with true addon.

Sorry for the delay.
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

eSc-AvAtAr
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:15 am

Post by eSc-AvAtAr » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:34 pm

Will u include
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB956390)?

Its in MS Update too.

Download:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
Image

User avatar
nonno fabio
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am
Location: Northern Italy
Contact:

Post by nonno fabio » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:46 am

Sure! ;)

EDIT: here it is: enjoy!
Don't ask for a different configuration of Onepiece's XP AIO Update Pack: use one of the existing vanilla XP UpdatePack with your preferred addons instead

User avatar
Stimpy
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:00 pm
Location: Denmark

Post by Stimpy » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:21 pm

Now that's service! :)

User avatar
user_hidden
Posts: 1924
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Canada eh!

Post by user_hidden » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:10 pm

links are not working !

Post Reply