Defining Entries.ini

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Siginet
Site Admin

Defining Entries.ini

Post by Siginet » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:16 am

OK... I think I will try to explain what Entries.ini is all about. Bare with me though. ;) I may have coded the integrator... but I am not an expert on how to make the cab files.

Basically the Entrie*.ini file is the most important file inside of any UpdatePack or AddonsPack. It is the data file which tells the integrator how to integrate everything. New features will be added with time... but I will list what we have so far.

==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ====

HEADER

The top portion is only for information. It is not used by the integrator at all.

Code: Select all

;############################################################################################
;# entries.ini
;# ---------------------
;# This file contains a list of all entries that need to be added to various Windows
;# setup files upon integration of the RyanVM Update Pack.
;############################################################################################
==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ==== ====

[general]

The general section is where you will put specific info about your Update/Addon Pack.
builddate=The date you created this pack
description=Info about this pack.
language=What language this pack is intended for.
title=The name of this pack. (This is shown on the Integrators main window while it integrates this pack.)
version=What version this pack is. (This is shown on the Integrators main window while it integrates this pack.)
website=The website where this pack originates from.

;This section contains version info for nLite
[general]
builddate=2005/08/24
description=RyanVM's Post-SP2 Update Pack for Windows XP
language=English
title=RyanVM Update Pack
version=1.3.1
website=http://ryanvm.msfn.org/

[filenames]

The filenames section is used to set an environment variable of a filename that is used throughout the entries file. For instance... the main inf file of the pack. According to the example below the environment variable being set is maininf which will represent RVMUpPck.inf whenever
%maininf% is used in the entries file.

This information must be unique for every addon you create. Do NOT reuse the same information for different addons!

;This section contains the variables used for the RyanVM filenames.
[filenames]
maininf=RVMUpPck.inf

[sysoc]

Sysoc.inf
The System Optional Components inf file controls which of the XP Components are installed during setup and which optional components are visible from the "Add / Remove Windows Components " section in the control panel.

This files main role in life is relatively unimportant as far as the pack is concerned as it’s just used as a pointer or a way into the windows installation to launch the processing of the RVMUpPck.inf file during installation.

The Entrie
Code:
RVMUpdatePack=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,%maininf%,HIDE,7
is added to the “[Components]” section of this file, where

RVMUpdatePack is the heading or section name you would see in Add / Remove if it were not hidden (see below)
ocgen.dll and OcEntry are the dll and instructions to process this line
%maininf% Translates to "RVMUpPck.inf" which is the inf file you are asking setup to execute (The Important Part)
HIDE is an instruction to hide this component from the Add / Remove Windows Components Menu in the Control Panel
And 7 is a number I no nothing about

Googleing sysoc.inf reveals lots of pages with info on the components side of this file.

This information must be unique for every addon you create. Do NOT reuse the same information for different addons!

;This section contains entries that need to go into the [Components] section of sysoc.inf
[sysoc]

[dosnet_files]

The dosnet_files section is used to add files to the [Files] section of the dosnet.inf file. It is usually in the form of d1,filename.ext d1 means for it to find it in the I386 directory (By default). You can find out what path d1 represents by looking in the [Directories] section of the dosnet.inf file.

;This section contains entries that need to go into the [Files] section of dosnet.inf
[dosnet_files]
d1,%maininf%
d1,archvapp.inf
d1,cobramsg.dll
d1,guitrna.dll
d1,hdaprop.dll
d1,hdashcut.exe
d1,hdaudbus.inf
d1,hdaudbus.sys
d1,hdaudio.inf
d1,hdaudio.sys
d1,hdaudres.dll
d1,migisma.dll
d1,migwiza.exe
d1,MRT.exe
d1,msxml4.dll
d1,msxml4r.dll
d1,msxml5.dll
d1,msxml5r.dll
d1,muweb.dll
d1,qfecheck.exe
d1,scripta.dll
d1,spcustom.dll
d1,spmsg.dll
d1,spuninst.exe
d1,spupdsvc.exe
d1,sysmoda.dll
d1,update.exe
d1,updspapi.dll
d1,wups2.dll
d1,xpsp3res.dll

[txtsetup_dirs]

The [txtsetup_dirs] section is where you asign a number to a path inside of the windows directory where a file will be placed. The next section [txtsetup_files] is where the number would be used. Just look at the example here:
241 = system32\PreInstall\WinSE\wxp_x86_0409_v1

and in the txtsetup_files section you will see:
spcustom.dll = 100,,,,,,,241,0,0,spcustom.dll.ref
spmsg.dll = 100,,,,,,,241,0,0,spmsg.dll.ref
spuninst.exe = 100,,,,,,,241,0,0,spuninst.exe.ref
spupdsvc.exe = 100,,,,,,,241,0,0,spupdsvc.exe.ref
sysmoda.dll = 100,,,,,,,111,0,0
update.exe = 100,,,,,,,241,0,0,update.exe.ref
updspapi.dll = 100,,,,,,,241,0,0,updspapi.dll.ref

The 241 is telling it to place that file into the
system32\PreInstall\WinSE\wxp_x86_0409_v1
directory.

For a better understanding of [txtsetup_dirs] & [txtsetup_files] please read these threads:
http://gosh.msfnhosting.com/txtsetup.htm
and
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=14852

;This section contains entries that need to go into the [WinntDirectories] section of txtsetup.sif
[txtsetup_dirs]
241 = system32\PreInstall\WinSE\wxp_x86_0409_v1

[txtsetup_files]

For a better understanding of [txtsetup_dirs] & [txtsetup_files] please read these threads:
http://gosh.msfnhosting.com/txtsetup.htm
and
http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=14852

;This section contains entries that need to go into the [SourceDisksFiles] section of txtsetup.sif
[txtsetup_files]

[svcpack_catalogs]
I think the description in the entries file itself describes this section just fine. There's not much more to it.
Basically the cat file that is created when you would use the /integrate parameter on a hotfix is what you would place here if you want to make sure that the hotfix gets digitally signed. If you don't put it here you may have problems with your installation unless you have SFP turned off.

;The section contains the list of catalog files that must added to svcpack.inf
[svcpack_catalogs]

[drivercab_expand]

This Section contains the list of Pack replaced files that allready existed (in there older form) in the i386 directory and the driver.cab file or the sp2.cab file (the 2 cabs are merged into one).

The files listed here are expanded into the temp folder that holds the merged contents of the old driver.cab and sp2.cab prior to its recompressing.

;This section contains the list of files which exist in both driver.cab and the i386 directory.
;They will be expanded into the expanded driver folder during driver cab updating.
[drivercab_expand]
1394bus.sy_
atapi.sy_
bthprint.sy_
hal.dl_
halaacpi.dl_
halacpi.dl_
halapic.dl_
halmacpi.dl_
halmps.dl_
halsp.dl_
hidir.sy_
http.sy_
imapi.sy_
intelppm.sy_
irbus.sy_
mrxsmb.sy_
ntkrnlmp.ex_
ntoskrnl.ex_
ohci1394.sy_
pcmcia.sy_
rndismpx.sy_
sbp2port.sy_
scsiport.sy_
sdbus.sy_
usb8023x.sy_
usbehci.sy_
usbhub.sy_
usbstor.sy_

[drivercab_move]

This Section contains the list of Pack replaced files that Only existed in one of the merged cab files (Driver & SP2)

The files listed are moved into the temp folder that holds the merged contents of the 2 cabs listed above prior to that folder being recompressed.

These files are not individually compressed in the pack, as when they are expanded out of the pack into the i386 folder they are moved and then compressed inside the combined cab file.

;This section contains the list of updated files which exist only in driver.cab.
;They will be moved into the expanded driver folder during driver cab updating.
[drivercab_move]
plotter.dll
plotui.dll
portcls.sys
processr.sys
ps5ui.dll
pscript5.dll
pscript.ntf
psisdecd.dll
tty.dll
tty.ini
ttyres.dll
ttyui.dll
unidrv.dll
unidrvui.dll
unires.dll
wzcsapi.dll
wzcsvc.dll

[dupedrivers]

This section is for functionality not currently being used by the integrator. It will eventually be used for those who want to remove files from driver.cab which also exist in i386. This section should not be used in addons packs.

[obsolete]
The obsolete section is where you would type in a hotfix name (without the extension). This section tells the integrator to remove any entries in the svcpack.inf file that pertain to this hotfix and remove any files with this name from the svcpack directory.

;This section contains a list of obsolete hotfixes which shouldn't be installed
[obsolete]
KB319740.cat
KB842520.cat
KB867795.cat
KB870981.cat
KB872966.cat
KB873339.cat
KB883483.cat
KB883507.cat
KB883523.cat
KB883667.cat
KB884018.cat
KB884038.cat
KB884538.cat
KB884558.cat
KB884562.cat
KB884568.cat
KB884575.cat
KB884868.cat
KB884883.cat
KB884897.cat
KB885222.cat
KB885295.cat
KB885626.cat
KB885863.cat
KB885894.cat
KB886199.cat
KB886659.cat
KB886677.cat
KB886716.cat
KB886809.cat
KB887170.cat
KB887173.cat
KB887186.cat
KB887472.cat
KB887569.cat
KB887606.cat
KB887710.cat
KB887742.cat
KB887797.cat
KB887820.cat
KB888083.cat
KB888113.cat
KB888240.cat
KB888254.cat
KB888302.cat
KB888321.cat
KB888402.cat
KB888432.cat
KB889016.cat
KB889073.cat
KB889315.cat
KB889320.cat
KB889527.cat
KB889960.cat
KB890046.cat
KB890048.cat
KB890210.cat
KB890546.cat
KB890558.cat
KB890644.cat
KB890733.cat
KB890831.cat
KB890841.cat
KB890859.cat
KB890864.cat
KB890927.cat
KB890937.cat
KB891019.cat
KB891566.cat
KB891593.cat
KB891781.cat
KB892099.cat
KB892227.cat
KB892233.cat
KB892235.cat
KB892296.cat
KB892489.cat
KB892496.cat
KB892559.cat
KB893008.cat
KB893225.cat
KB893317.cat
KB893357.cat
KB893376.cat
KB893605.cat
KB893609.cat
KB893756.cat
KB893803.cat
KB894072.cat
KB894083.cat
KB894088.cat
KB894463.cat
KB894480.cat
KB894686.cat
KB894794.cat
KB894871.cat
KB895173.cat
KB895246.cat
KB896089.cat
KB896166.cat
KB896178.cat
KB896256.cat
KB896269.cat
KB896344.cat
KB896354.cat
KB896358.cat
KB896360.cat
KB896422.cat
KB896423.cat
KB896428.cat
KB896430.cat
KB896613.cat
KB896626.cat
KB896684.cat
KB896725.cat
KB896727.cat
KB896896.cat
KB896984.cat
KB897327.cat
KB897574.cat
KB897662.cat
KB897696.cat
KB898456.cat
KB898781.cat
KB898900.cat
KB899527.cat
KB899587.cat
KB899588.cat
KB899591.cat
KB900387.cat
KB900624.cat
KB900930.cat
KB901026.cat
KB901214.cat
scripten.cat

[ExtraFileEdits]

The [ExtraFileEdits] section of the entries.ini file. It is supported by the integrator and NLite. So you can now use it in NLite as well. What it does is allow you to edit things that normally would not be possible to edit.
You would use a code simular to this to edit text in a file:

Eula.txt|Reverse Engineering:|Fixing Microsofts Boo Boos: Because it's so much fun!<NEXT>anybody else care to join me?<NEXT>|1
Basically... you first point to the file "Eula.txt" which is located in the "I386" directory. [ExtraFileEdits] looks in the i386 directory by default. If your file is in a sub-directory of i386 then you would specify the sub-directory and the file. You need to point in the rvmtemp directory if you wish to edit svcpack.inf, sysoc.inf, dosnet.inf, txtsetup.sif or any of the regularly edited files that the integrator normally edits because they are copied there during integration and will overwrite the ones that are located in the i386 directory.

Then place a pole "|" The pole represents a seperator.

Next you type the text you want to look for in the Eula.txt file. (Whenever you type <NEXT> anywhere in this section it means advance to the next line.)

Then another pole |

Next you type what you want to replace the text with. (Whenever you type <NEXT> anywhere in this section it means advance to the next line.) That is why I typed Fixing Microsofts Boo Boos: Because it's so much fun!<NEXT>anybody else care to join me?<NEXT> It will actually write:
Fixing Microsofts Boo Boos: Because it's so much fun!
anybody else care to join me?

Then add another pole |

And finally type how many instances you wish to change. If the portion of text is found multiple times inside of the file then it will change the text as many times as you state here. If you put 0 here it will change every instance.

[ExtraFileEdits]
;Filename|ChangeFrom|ChangeTo|Count
;Filename is the path and the name of the file to edit.
;ChangeFrom is the text to change
;ChangeTo is the text to replace with.
;Count is the number of times the specific text will be changed if it is found more than once. Put 0 to change all instances.
;If you type <NEXT> anywhere in your text it will meen to advance to the next line.
;example COMPDATA\3com.txt|Microsoft|Siginet|2
rvmtemp\svcpack.inf|[setuphotfixestorun]|[setuphotfixestorun]<NEXT>filetoadd.exe<NEXT>|1

*NEW in v1.0 RC13*
[obsolete_files] Only in Siginet's: RyanVM Integrator.

obsolete_files section is useful if you release a new version of your pack and you want to delete your old version from their I386 directory. It will delete any file you list here and it will also delete the according entries from dosnet.inf and txtsetup.sif.

1. deletes the file from i386 dir.
2. It will delete the
d1,yourfile.ext
from dosnet.inf

3. It will delete the
wmp10.cab =
keys from the [SourceDisksFiles] section of the txtsetup.sif file.

[obsolete_files]
HashTab_Addons.inf
HashTab.dll

*NEW in v1.0 RC13*
[old_sysoc] Only in Siginet's: RyanVM Integrator.

The old_sysoc seciton is useful for deleteing old entries in the [Components] section of the Sysoc.inf file.
If you wanted to delete:
WMP10Files=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,wmp10.inf,HIDE,7
From sysoc.inf you would use the code posted in the example below.

[old_sysoc]
WMP10Files

*NEW in v1.0 RC13*
[removable_cats] Only in Siginet's: RyanVM Integrator.

The removable_cats section is where you would list all of the .cat files that are in your pack that are safe to be removed when selecting the "Remove .cat Files" checkbox in the integrator.

[removable_cats]
KB873339.ca_
KB887472.ca_
KB887710.ca_
KB887742.ca_
*NEW in v1.0 RC15.3 & v1.0-Full*
[EditFile] Works in the Integrator and NLite. :)

The [EditFile] Section is very simular to the [ExtraFileEdits] section. EditFile was made for NLite but is also available in the integrator. It allows a user to make a section in their entrie file that will allow them to edit a file that they normally would not be able to edit.
It allows you to create a custom section inside of the entrie file that would allow a user to add lines to a section in another ini-like file.

[EditFile]
file to edit,section to edit,custom section in entries file

[custom section in entries file]
line to add to section being edited

[EditFile]
i386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddLine

[AddLine]
jre.exe

*NEW in v1.2.2*
[WinntSif] Only in Siginet's: RyanVM Integrator.
The WinntSif section allows you to change anything within an existing winnt.sif file.

Section\Key=Value

;This section contains entries that need to go into the winnt.sif file

[WINNTsif]
Shell\DefaultStartPanelOff=No

*NEW in v1.3*
[FileCopy] Only in Siginet's: RyanVM Integrator.

FileToCopyInI386.ext,ToCopyTo\FileToCopyInI386.ext

;This section allows you to copy a file to another place in your destination.

[FileCopy]
Eula.txt,rvmtemp\Eula.txt

*NEW in v1.3*
[FileMove] Only in Siginet's: RyanVM Integrator.

FileToMoveFromI386.ext,ToMoveTo\FileToMoveFromI386.ext

;This section allows you to move a file to another place in your destination.

[FileMove]
RUN_ME.cmd,..\RUN_ME.cmd

*NEW in v1.3*
[DirCopy] Only in Siginet's: RyanVM Integrator.

DirToCopyFromI386,ToMoveTo\DirToCopyFromI386

;This section allows you to copy a directory to another place in your destination.

[DirCopy]
WINNTUPG,rvmtemp\WINNTUPG

*NEW in v1.3*
[DirMove] Only in Siginet's: RyanVM Integrator.

DirToMoveFromI386,ToMoveTo\DirToMoveFromI386

;This section allows you to move a directory to another place in your destination.

[DirMove]
DPfiles,..\DPfiles
M2,..\M2

*NEW in v1.3*
[FileDelete] Only in Siginet's: RyanVM Integrator.

FileToDeleteInI386.ext

;This section allows you to delete a file in your destination.

[FileDelete]
Eula.txt

*NEW in v1.3*
[DirDelete] Only in Siginet's: RyanVM Integrator.

DirToDeleteInI386

;This section allows you to delete a directory in your destination.

[DirDelete]
WINNTUPG

*NEW in v1.3*
[RunFile] Only in Siginet's: RyanVM Integrator.

RunFile.ext

;This section allows you to Run a file before driver.cab is or is not repackaged.
;You can place ,HIDE at the end of the file to have a batch file run hidden.

[RunFile]
RUN_ME.cmd
RUN_ME.cmd,HIDE

*NEW in v1.3*
[HexEdit] Only in Siginet's: RyanVM Integrator.

[HexEdit] 
I386\sfc_os.dll|5.1.2600.2180|320|C812|E2E0
Path\to\file|FileVersion|OffsetToEdit|BeforeHexCode|AfterHexCode

The BeforeHexCode can be * which is wild. If you use * then it doesn't matter what the before code is. The integrator will edit that offset anyways.

If anyone would like to help explain (or revise) some of the sections to help me out... please reply to this thread and I will update the thread with your info. ;) I hope this will be a begining of many tutorials to help people learn how to make custom packs that they can share amongst everyone here.

There is a lot of potential in the integrator... but you members need to join us and help make the packs. ;)

Hopefully this will help some of you create some custom addons. ;)

If you create a custom addon... post it on the board and share it with us! :twisted:
Last edited by Siginet on Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:54 pm, edited 30 times in total.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:54 am

OK I am making a royale total transformation pack and I need to know:

Does the entry really matter where it goes as long as it is in the right section?

SO =

;This section contains entries that need to go into the [WinntDirectories] section of txtsetup.sif
[txtsetup_dirs]

entries here would go at the top of [WinntDirectories] right? But the exaple I found has the entries placed at the last of this section. DOes that really matter?

Also in another example the entries are placed between other entries.

Here I will just show you...

2.making txtsetup.sif entries :
--------------------------------------
[WinntDirectories]

241=system32\PreInstall\WinSE\wxp_x86_0409_v1 **already there
500 = Resources\Themes\Royale
501 = Resources\Themes\Royale\Shell\NormalColor
502 = Resources\Themes\Luna\Shell\Royale

[SourceDisksFiles] **already there

luna.the = 1,,,,,,,129,0,0,Luna.theme **already there
royale.mst = 100,,,,,,,500,0,0,royale.msstyles
royale.the = 1,,,,,,,129,0,0,royale.theme
shellstyle.dll = 1,,,,,,,501,0,0,shellstyle.dll
royale_ss.dll = 1,,,,,,,502,0,0,shellstyle.dll
energybliss.jpg = 1,,,,,,,1981,0,0
lusrmgr.msc = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0 **already there

So does the location matter and if it does how would I achive this with the integrator?

dale5605

Post by dale5605 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:56 am

I don't think position matters.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:15 pm

No position doesn't matter. Sorry I have still been pretty busy. But I will start explaining the entries.ini file soon. Keep the questions coming. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:32 am

I've updated my post with a little more info. I am far from finished.
I hope someone will join in on this tutorial and help me explain it. ;) I will add more to it soon... but I gotta head to bed again.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:13 am

Ok please tell me how I would edit the svcpack.ini [setuphotfixestorun] section?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:47 pm

By using the [ExtraFileEdits] section of the entries.ini file. It is only supported by the integrator as of now. So you can not use it in NLite. But what it does is allow you to edit things that normally would not be possible to edit.
You would need to put a line simular to this to add something to [setuphotfixestorun] in svcpack.inf:

rvmtemp\svcpack.inf|[setuphotfixestorun]|[setuphotfixestorun]<NEXT>filetoadd.exe<NEXT>|1
Basically... you first point to the file "rvmtemp\svcpack.inf" you need to point in the rvmtemp directory because that is where svcpack.inf is copied to for editing purposes. Any file the integrator normally edits will be in the rvmtemp directory.

Next you type the text you want to look for in the rvmtemp\svcpack.inf file. (Whenever you type <NEXT> anywhere in this section it means advance to the next line.)

Then another pole |

Next you type what you want to replace the text with. (Whenever you type <NEXT> anywhere in this section it means advance to the next line.) That is why I typed [setuphotfixestorun]<NEXT>filetoadd.exe<NEXT> It will actually write:
[setuphotfixestorun]
filetoadd.exe

Then another pole |

And finally type how many instances you wish to change. If the portion of text is found multiple times inside of the file then it will change the text as many times as you state here. If you put 0 here it will change every instance.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:13 pm

Thank you.

Paul_365

Post by Paul_365 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:29 pm

Sysoc.inf
The System Optional Components inf file controls which of the XP Components are installed during setup and which optional components are visible from the "Add / Remove Windows Components " section in the control panel.

This files main role in life is relatively unimportant as far as the pack is concerned as it’s just used as a pointer or a way into the windows installation to launch the processing of the RVMUpPck.inf file during installation.

The Entrie

is added to the “[Components]” section of this file, where

RVMUpdatePack is the heading or section name you would see in Add / Remove if it were not hidden (see below)
ocgen.dll and OcEntry are the dll and instructions to process this line
%maininf% Translates to "RVMUpPck.inf" which is the inf file you are asking setup to execute (The Important Part)
HIDE is an instruction to hide this component from the Add / Remove Windows Components Menu in the Control Panel
And 7 is a number I no nothing about :rolleyes:

Googleing sysoc.inf reveals lots of pages with info on the components side of this file.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:01 pm

Thanks a lot Paul_365! I updated the post with the info you just posted. ;)

Anybody else wanna help out with some of the other sections? :)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:31 am

OK folks! I updated the thread again. ;)
Looks like it is almost complete. :D
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Paul_365

Post by Paul_365 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:02 am

[drivercab_expand]
This Section contains the list of Pack replaced files that allready existed (in there older form) in the i386 directory and the driver.cab file or the sp2.cab file (the 2 cabs are merged into one).

The files listed here are expanded into the temp folder that holds the merged contents of the old driver.cab and sp2.cab prior to its recompressing.

Paul_365

Post by Paul_365 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:14 am

[drivercab_move]
This Section contains the list of Pack replaced files that Only existed in one of the merged cab files (Driver & SP2)

The files listed are moved into the temp folder that holds the merged contents of the 2 cabs listed above prior to that folder being recompressed.

These files are not individually compressed in the pack, as when they are expanded out of the pack into the i386 folder they are moved and then compressed inside the combined cab file.

Paul_365

Post by Paul_365 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:23 am

Notes on the above.

No files are added to the combined cab file that didnt allready exist in one of the original 2 files (driver.cab & sp2.cab)

Any file mentioned in the the above 2 sections will not require a txtsetup or dosnet entrie.

New files from hotfixes that don't allready exist in either of the cab files OR the i386 folder will require an entrie in the txtsetup and dosnet sections, To eneable setup to copy them during installation.
They should allready be individually compressed with makecab.

I created an automated enviroment to create and build my packs and the logic for deciding which file goes where was the hardest part to get right, took me quite a few tries before I got autoit to do it correctly.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:16 am

Thanks again Paul_365!

I updated those sections with your information. :)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

evilvoice

Post by evilvoice » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:28 am

the [dupedrivers] section im assuming was in accordance with ryans batch that deleted files that were in both driver.cab and i386...I dont know if the link is still there, I can check, but it was on his update pack page at the bottom. Nope, not there anymore...you could ask ryan about it...it reduced by like 8mb the source, but would cause errors with device installing AFTER windows was installed...something like that, youd have to ask him.

Since its not there, it deleted the files from the i386 dir and KEPT the ones in driver.cab...it may have made some changes to txtsetup.sif, but maybe not. So if this is something you would like to add Siginet, afaict thats all it did...but it would be good to get what the problem was with doing it from ryan and add a warning for people that tick the checkbox.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:51 pm

Thanks for the explination evilvoice. :) I think I will wait for ryan to explain it in more detail. and explain the side effects.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:12 pm

The filename and sysoc.inf information must be unique for every addon you create. Do NOT reuse the same information for different addons!
Get up to $200 off on hosting from the same people who host this website!
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2357

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:21 pm

RyanVM wrote:The filename and sysoc.inf information must be unique for every addon you create. Do NOT reuse the same information for different addons!
Info added in red in the post above. ;) Feel free to edit it as you see fit Ryan. ;) It is your forum. :D Don't worry I won't yell at ya! ;) Haha
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:34 pm

I've updated a few things in the main post

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:53 am

I've added some new sections to the entries file that the integrator will now use... beginning with v1.0 RC13Beta2. :D
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

boooggy

Post by boooggy » Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:41 pm

is there any way to add entries to winnt.sif?

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:41 pm

boooggy wrote:is there any way to add entries to winnt.sif?
That's not a bad idea. Maybe in a later version I will consider it. But for now you can use the [ExtraFileEdits] sections to do that. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:19 pm

I have an idea! Is there a way to make the integrator optimize the files it procceses? In dosnet, txtsetup and sysoc there are a lot of empty spaces and blank lines. nLite and a couple of others taka all of the blank lines out except one between each section personally I think this speeds the install up a tiny bit and looks more professional.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:40 am

I tried that before and it didn't work out very well the way I did it. I know of another way I may be able to do it though and I may try it soon. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

orcoxp

Post by orcoxp » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:01 am

Right now if I make an update pack for IE7 or MSMSGS 5.1 then it has to be post OS install because the RVMUpdatePack will consist of updates for these...unless I want to rebuild Ryan's packs...which doesn't seem to work all so well for me.

So I propose this:

A possibility to remove files and lines from ENTRIES.INI.

Pros:
-Allow for monthly RVMUpdatePacks to remove obsolete CAT files or lines in ENTRIES.INI
-Allow for small UpdatePackHotfixes (eg 1.2.2b AKA "Browsing Shared folders" issue)
-Allow for User AddonPacks to remove files or file entries that are no longer needed
-Allow for User ApplicationChange AddonPacks like IE7 or MSMSGS 5.1 to remove files/lines referring to IE6 and MSMSGS 4.7

Cons:
-These post integration hotfixes (UpdatePack hotfixes & application change addons) would need the RVMUpdatePackto be extracted to temp folder first
-RVMIntegrator would have to parse *HOTFIX*.CAB before copying the files to i386 and running _INTEGRATE.CMD
-ApplicationChange AddonPacks would be 2 parts, one to remove stuff and then one to add stuff

Correct me if I am wrong but it already possible to remove lines from HIVE and setup files right?
Chris Thomson
AKA OrcoXP

PHP/MySQL/phpMyAdmin 2 & 3 successfully running simultaneously on XP SP3 IIS.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:30 pm

[ExtraFileEdits] will allow you to edit any file after integration.

The new RC13Beta7 that will be out later does extract the files to a temp dir for a small period of time before moving them over the i386 directory.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

dale5605

Post by dale5605 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:29 pm

I'm confused. What's the difference between "Select the directory containing the i386 directory" and "select the destination directory". I mean are those the same things or what? I don't think it's very clear.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:58 pm

dale5605 wrote:I'm confused. What's the difference between "Select the directory containing the i386 directory" and "select the destination directory". I mean are those the same things or what? I don't think it's very clear.
Yes... we're still in beta. Things will be explained in more detail later. But basically you need to select your source files. Which are the original files. Then you can select the destination. This will copy the source files to your destination and edit the destination with the UpdatePack and addons. Leaving your source files untouched.

Or you can select only the source with no destination and the integrator will automatically set your source files as the destination and immediatly begin editing your source files With the UpdatePack and addons.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

dale5605

Post by dale5605 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:25 pm

Got it, thanks.

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:43 pm

You guys should be aware that nuhi doesn't plan on supporting these newer features in entries.ini unless he gets enough requests to do so. Therefore, I'd say it's up to you, the addon pack makers, to get them supported (since I don't use any of these newer features myself).

dale5605

Post by dale5605 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:43 pm

I would like to see full support for svcpack and svcpack.ini because I think silent installer addons might be very popular.

Xable

Post by Xable » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:55 pm

dale5605 wrote:I would like to see full support for svcpack and svcpack.ini because I think silent installer addons might be very popular.
You mean [ExtraFileEdits] dale :rolleyes:

maniaq

Post by maniaq » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:14 am

hmmmm, if i want to include for egzample few lines into hivesys.inf in addreg section

HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Device0","DefaultSettings.BitsPerPel",0x00010001,32
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Device0","DefaultSettings.VRefresh",0x00010001,100
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Device0","DefaultSettings.XResolution",0x00010001,800
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Device0","DefaultSettings.YResolution",0x00010001,640
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{23A77BF7-ED96-40EC-AF06-9B1F4867732A}\0000","DefaultSettings.BitsPerPel",0x00010001,32
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{23A77BF7-ED96-40EC-AF06-9B1F4867732A}\0000","DefaultSettings.VRefresh",0x00010001,100
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{23A77BF7-ED96-40EC-AF06-9B1F4867732A}\0000","DefaultSettings.XResolution",0x00010001,800
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{23A77BF7-ED96-40EC-AF06-9B1F4867732A}\0000","DefaultSettings.YResolution",0x00010001,640
how could i include it into addons pack entries.inf file??

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:08 pm

[ExtraFileEdits]

Or it may be possible with [EditFile]... but I have not tested it. I have however tested it using ExtraFileEdits. But be aware that if you use extrafileedits ... your addon will not be compatable with NLite.

The way I would do it is something like this:

[ExtraFileEdits] 

HIVESYS.INF|HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Video","Service",0x00000000,"VgaSave"
<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Device0","InstalledDisplayDrivers",0x00010000,"vga", "framebuf", "vga256", "vga64k"|HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Video","Service",0x00000000,"VgaSave"
<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Device0","DefaultSettings.BitsPerPel",0x00010001,32
<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Device0","DefaultSettings.VRefresh",0x00010001,100
<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Device0","DefaultSettings.XResolution",0x00010001,800
<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Device0","DefaultSettings.YResolution",0x00010001,640
<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{23A77BF7-ED96-40EC-AF06-9B1F4867732A}\0000","DefaultSettings.BitsPerPel",0x00010001,32<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{23A77BF7-ED96-40EC-AF06-9B1F4867732A}\0000","DefaultSettings.VRefresh",0x00010001,100
<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{23A77BF7-ED96-40EC-AF06-9B1F4867732A}\0000","DefaultSettings.XResolution",0x00010001,800
<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{23A77BF7-ED96-40EC-AF06-9B1F4867732A}\0000","DefaultSettings.YResolution",0x00010001,640
<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Device0","InstalledDisplayDrivers",0x00010000,"vga", "framebuf", "vga256", "vga64k"|HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Video","Service",0x00000000,"VgaSave"
<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\VgaSave\Device0","InstalledDisplayDrivers",0x00010000,"vga", "framebuf", "vga256", "vga64k"|1
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

DisabledTrucker
Location: Country of Mental on the Planet Trucker in the MidnightHunter Galaxy.

Post by DisabledTrucker » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:13 pm

What are all you using to make the actual .cab files with? What are the best command line codes to use with it?
Matthew 22:36-40

I have some gmail invites left, if you'd like one IM me and let me know.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:23 pm

if you want a hive to be imported at begining its best you make your own inf with your entries and import it trough the hives.def section txtsetup.sif.

@disabledtrucker, i use picozip it was recommended by dale, only crappy problem is its shareware.
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:30 pm

I have .7Zip and I'm not all to ready to switch to one I have to pay for, nor do I want a conflict between it and another program, especially after I remove it. I was under the impression one could use makecab to do an entire folder but unfortunately I haven't yet figured out how.

[url=mms://wmc1.liquidviewer.net/WNOR]WNOR FM-99[/url] The best station in the world!

Xable

Post by Xable » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:40 pm

IZArc is free but if you want to use makecab take a look at integrate.cmd in ryans pack for some clues and there`s good documentation on makecab in the Microsoft Cabinet SDK

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:44 pm

Thanks for the tips, I decided to go with IZArc since it also does 7Zip too... And it works about the same way... ;) :)

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:39 am

at what point during the install does sysoc register the inf's? at what stage?

DisabledTrucker

Re: Defining Entries.ini

Post by DisabledTrucker » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:17 pm

Siginet wrote:OK... I think I will try to explain what Entries.ini is all about. Bare with me though. ;) I may have coded the integrator... but I am not an expert on how to make the cab files.

Basically the Entrie*.ini file is the most important file inside of any UpdatePack or AddonsPack. It is the data file which tells the integrator how to integrate everything. New features will be added with time... but I will list what we have so far.

...snip...
[ExtraFileEdits] Only in Siginet's: RyanVM Integrator.

The [ExtraFileEdits] section of the entries.ini file. It is only supported by the integrator as of now. So you can not use it in NLite. But what it does is allow you to edit things that normally would not be possible to edit.
You would need to put a line simular to this to add something to [setuphotfixestorun] in svcpack.inf:

Basically... you first point to the file "rvmtemp\svcpack.inf" you need to point in the rvmtemp directory because that is where svcpack.inf is copied to for editing purposes. Any file the integrator normally edits will be in the rvmtemp directory.

Next you type the text you want to look for in the rvmtemp\svcpack.inf file. (Whenever you type <NEXT> anywhere in this section it means advance to the next line.)

Then another pole |

Next you type what you want to replace the text with. (Whenever you type <NEXT> anywhere in this section it means advance to the next line.) That is why I typed [setuphotfixestorun]<NEXT>filetoadd.exe<NEXT> It will actually write:
[setuphotfixestorun]
filetoadd.exe

Then another pole |

[ExtraFileEdits]
;Filename|ChangeFrom|ChangeTo|Count
;Filename is the path and the name of the file to edit.
;ChangeFrom is the text to change
;ChangeTo is the text to replace with.
;Count is the number of times the specific text will be changed if it is found more than once. Put 0 to change all instances.
;If you type <NEXT> anywhere in your text it will meen to advance to the next line.
;example COMPDATA\3com.txt|Microsoft|Siginet|2
...snip...
*NEW in v1.0 RC15.3 & v1.0-Full*
[EditFile] Works in the Integrator and NLite. :)

The [EditFile] Section is very simular to the [ExtraFileEdits] section. EditFile was made for NLite but is also available in the integrator. It allows a user to make a section in their entrie file that will allow them to edit a file that they normally would not be able to edit.
It allows you to create a custom section inside of the entrie file that would allow a user to add lines to a section in another ini-like file.

[EditFile]
file to edit,section to edit,custom section in entries file

[custom section in entries file]
line to add to section being edited

[EditFile]
i386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddLine

[AddLine]
jre.exe

...snip...
So let me see if I can get this straight, and to elaborate some.

1. I wanted to take, for example, and add:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SFCSetting",0x00010001,0xffffff9d
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SfcQuota",0x00010003,0xffffff9d
to hivesft.inf, I would use:

[ExtraFileEdits]
i386\HIVESFT.inf|HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SfcQuota",0x00010003,0xffffffff|HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SFCSetting",0x00010001,0xffffff9d<next>HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SfcQuota",0x00010003,0xffffff9d|1
or is this wrong?

In case you can't tell what I am trying to do here is to modify the sfcsetting in the hivesft.inf file to where it's disabled. Yes I know that the sfc_os.dll that RyanVM has elsewhere on this forum doesn't need this, I am using this as an example to what I want to be able to do.

Basically what I am trying to do is modify the HIVESFT.inf file so that:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SfcQuota",0x00010003,0xffffffff
is replaced with:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SFCSetting",0x00010001,0xffffff9d
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SfcQuota",0x00010003,0xffffff9d
Which is similar to what I need to be able to do with another pack I am working on.

I also would like to be able to add a line to a file in a similar way except the only way to do it would be to find a line similar like in HIVESYS.inf:

HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\InputDevices"
and add a line to it so that it looks like this:

HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\InputDevices"
HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Licensing Core","EnableConcurrentSessions",0x00010001,00000001
Would I use this:

i386\HIVESYS.inf|HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\InputDevices"|<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Licensing Core","EnableConcurrentSessions",0x00010001,00000001|1
Again these are examples to what I am trying to do with another pack I am working on. They are also what I have always used when I integrate the hacked files. IF I can get this to work, I'll even make a pack for this, as well for anyone who'd want it. But first I need to know what syntax I would actually need to make the required HIVE files adjustments. I'm just not exactly sure I am clear on it all.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:21 am

Looks right to me. :) But be aware... that NLite does not support ExtraFileEdits yet. At least as far as I know.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:53 pm

That's cool, was just making sure I had everything right before I attempted any of it. Thanks :)

RyanVM
Site Admin

Post by RyanVM » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:58 pm

dgelwin wrote:at what point during the install does sysoc register the inf's? at what stage?
sysoc.inf runs around T24

dgelwin

Post by dgelwin » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:03 pm

tnx ryan.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:58 am

BTW, what I had up there doesn't work correctly folks. Not sure as to why though. :(

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:20 pm

[ExtraFileEdits] 
i386\HIVESFT.inf|HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","VmApplet",0x00000000,"rundll32 shell32,Control_RunDLL ""sysdm.cpl"""<NEXT>HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SfcQuota",0x00010003,0xffffffff|HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","VmApplet",0x00000000,"rundll32 shell32,Control_RunDLL ""sysdm.cpl"""<NEXT>HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SFCSetting",0x00010001,0xffffff9d<NEXT>HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SfcQuota",0x00010003,0xffffffff|1
This is what I would use. This will make sure that you do not integrate it twice. Because it will not be ablt to read that exact section in a file that you have allready integrated it to. If this code does not work than we will need to find out why. Because it should work just fine.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:54 am

Ok, I'll try that as soon as I can get back to my desktop, thanks. I'll let you know what results I get then...

Also, to elaborate some on my previous post, when I tried what I had above, it didn't do anything at all, it didn't modify the files at all when I tried it. There wasn't any duplication of anything, it just didn't modify the files.

DisabledTrucker

Post by DisabledTrucker » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:18 pm

And no not even that worked, your [ExtraFileEdits] section does not work at all for me, I have used it with several different packs, and none of them did what they were supposed to do. I thought at first it might be because I had an otherwise corrupted installation, but this time I am running on a clean XPSP2 install without any of the packs that I updated only by using M$ update, and it's still not working.

I've attempted the following codes in different cab files to see if I can get it to work and none of it did. I am using the 1.05 version of your Integrator that's on the same page as the RyanVM update pack.

[ExtraFileEdits]
i386\TXTSETUP.SIF|[HarwareIdsDatabase]|[HardwareIdsDatabase]<NEXT>PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3376 = "fasttx2k.sys"<NEXT>PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3373 = "fasttx2k.sys"<NEXT>PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3373 = "ulsata.sys"|1
i386\TXTSETUP.SIF|[SCSI.LOAD]|SCSI.LOAD]<NEXT>fasttx2k = fasttx2.sys,4<NEXT>ulsata = ulsata.sys,4|1
i386\TXTSETUP.SIF|[SCSI]|[SCSI]<NEXT>fasttx2k = "Promise FastTrak 376/378 (tm) Controller"<NEXT>ulsata = "Promise SATA378 (tm) IDE Controller"|1
and

[ExtraFileEdits]
i386\HIVESYS.inf|HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\InputDevices"<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation","Bias",0x00010003,%TIMEZONEINFO_BIAS%|HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\InputDevices"<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Licensing Core","EnableConcurrentSessions",0x00010001,00000001<NEXT>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation","Bias",0x00010003,%TIMEZONEINFO_BIAS%|1
i386\HIVESFT.inf|HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","VmApplet",0x00000000,"rundll32 shell32,Control_RunDLL ""sysdm.cpl"""<NEXT>HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SfcQuota",0x00010003,0xffffffff|HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","VmApplet",0x00000000,"rundll32 shell32,Control_RunDLL ""sysdm.cpl"""<NEXT>HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SFCSetting",0x00010001,0xffffff9d<NEXT>HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon","SfcQuota",0x00010003,0xffffffff|1
and neither of these worked as they are supposed to.

The contents of the RVM_AddonCabLog says

Microsoft (R) Cabinet Tool - Version 1.00.0601 (03/18/97)
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1996-1997. All rights reserved.

Extracting file(s) from cabinet 'C:\XPSP2\DTs_AddOn_hackedFilesPack.cab':
   extracting: C:\XPSP2\XPCD\I386\rvmtemp\extracted\entries_hackedfilespack.ini
   extracting: C:\XPSP2\XPCD\I386\rvmtemp\extracted\sfc_os.dl_
   extracting: C:\XPSP2\XPCD\I386\rvmtemp\extracted\tcpip.sy_
   extracting: C:\XPSP2\XPCD\I386\rvmtemp\extracted\termsrv.dl_
   extracting: C:\XPSP2\XPCD\I386\rvmtemp\extracted\uxtheme.dl_

Operation successful

Microsoft (R) Cabinet Tool - Version 1.00.0601 (03/18/97)
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1996-1997. All rights reserved.

Extracting file(s) from cabinet 'C:\XPSP2\DT_AddOn_Raid.cab':
   extracting: C:\XPSP2\XPCD\I386\rvmtemp\extracted\entries_raid.ini
   extracting: C:\XPSP2\XPCD\I386\rvmtemp\extracted\fasttx2k.sy_
   extracting: C:\XPSP2\XPCD\I386\rvmtemp\extracted\Raid.cab
   extracting: C:\XPSP2\XPCD\I386\rvmtemp\extracted\Raid.in_
   extracting: C:\XPSP2\XPCD\I386\rvmtemp\extracted\ulsata.sy_

Operation successful
Both of which are uploaded here:
DTs_AddOn_hackedFilesPack.cab and DT_AddOn_Raid.cab

This RAID Pack is for an MSI nForce2 motherboard, but it's also working for Chaintech as well as Abit and Asus, it's known on nForcersHQ as the best/fastest driver for nForce2 motherboards. I don't think that BT ever included it in any of his packs, which is why I quit using them, I never could get him to understand that the ones he was using weren't the same thing and didn't work correctly for my motherboards, like this does.
Last edited by DisabledTrucker on Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.