Defining Entries.ini

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:04 pm

NO. By default FileCopy looks in the I386 directory. So if you want to put it in the $OEM$ directory outside of the I386 directory then you use ..\ to specify before the I386 directory. ;)

Code: Select all

[FileCopy] 
Stuff\test.txt,..\$OEM$\*
You can also use wild cards for the source or destination as well. * means the same name when using it as a destination. If you needed to copy all the files found in the "Stuff folder you could also use:

[FileCopy]
Stuff\*,..\$OEM$\*
I am not sure how nLite utalizes the [FileCopy] area though. nLite may havemade changes. But the way I posted it here is the intended use for it.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

twig123

Post by twig123 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:53 pm

Thanks soo much!

I will test it when I get home, and will also test with nlite.

Thanks Again

twig123

Post by twig123 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:08 pm

Sweet... Works great in RVM but not at all in nlite (which is fine)
So I have to slip my disk and added drivers... then run RVM to copy and modify the files that I want.

Thanks so much

Bhishmar

Post by Bhishmar » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:46 am

Siginet wrote: .......
Someday I may post a thread showing which sections are performed before others. That way it is a little less confusing for addon makers. ;)
Hi Siginet
Any chance that you can satisfy on this longstanding promise?
I mean the order/sequence of the processing of the various [sections] in entries-...ini file.

The first post is now long & clumsy after so many changes, and very difficult to follow. More over so many items [sections] got added later on the way to integrator 1.5.1.
The overall sequence is a vital missing link in all the posts here.

Al least a simple list showing order is a great starting point.
Thanks & Regards

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:28 pm

Bhishmar wrote:
Siginet wrote: .......
Someday I may post a thread showing which sections are performed before others. That way it is a little less confusing for addon makers. ;)
Hi Siginet
Any chance that you can satisfy on this longstanding promise?
I mean the order/sequence of the processing of the various [sections] in entries-...ini file.

The first post is now long & clumsy after so many changes, and very difficult to follow. More over so many items [sections] got added later on the way to integrator 1.5.1.
The overall sequence is a vital missing link in all the posts here.

Al least a simple list showing order is a great starting point.
Thanks & Regards
This is the old list.

The official list is on the integrator website now.

I haven't sorted the order yet though. I plan to do that soon now that 1.5 went final.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

Bhishmar

Post by Bhishmar » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:07 am

Thanks Siginet.
After being in this forum for more than an year, I have discovered the existence of such a new (official) list & manual only when u pointed it out now :rolleyes:. But I may not be the only one.

I would request you to put an update pointer at the beginning (first post) of this thread for the benefit of others.
regards

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:17 am

Would the following in an Entries file create a MCE_UPD.CAB file? Also, would Windows pull the files from MCE_UPD.CAB instead of DRIVER.CAB/SP2.CAB?

[ExtraFileEdits] 
i386\drvindex.inf|msdvbnp.ax||1
i386\drvindex.inf|psisdecd.dll||1
i386\drvindex.inf|psisrndr.ax||1
i386\drvindex.inf|DRIVER=DRIVER.CAB|DRIVER=DRIVER.CAB<next>MCE_Upd=MCE_Upd.CAB|1
i386\drvindex.inf|[Cabs]|[MCE_Upd]<next>msdvbnp.ax<next>psisdecd.dll<next>psisrndr.ax<next><next><next>[Cabs]|1

[FileMove]
msdvbnp.ax,MCE_Upd\*
psisdecd.dll,MCE_Upd\*
psisrndr.ax,MCE_Upd\*

[CreateCab]
MCE_Upd,i386\MCE_Upd.CAB
One other question: If RyanVM's Update Pack were integrated AFTER an add-on with this entries file was integrated, would MCE_UPD.CAB be integrated into the new DRIVER.CAB?
Visit me at home: http://xptsp.filetap.com

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:30 pm

That's a very different method then I have ever seen. That should successfully remove the instance of those files from drvindex.inf, move the files from i386 and into MCE_Upd.cab. As for integrating the RVM UPpck after... it would not put the files into MCE_Upd.cab. It is writtent to look for any [SP*] sections and combine them into driver.cab.

Is there a reason these files would need to be cabbed into a seperate cab? If there is a valid reason for it I can code it to do it. ;)
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:42 pm

No, there's no particular reason why the integrator has to seperate those files into another cab.

EDIT: Explanation sounded stoopid to me. So I removed it.
Last edited by dougiefresh on Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:06 am

removed
Last edited by dougiefresh on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:11 pm

Is there a reason the updated files should not be in driver.cab? I don't understand why not if you are creating this for MCE.

Also... when it is an Addon... If you use ExpandCab and CreateCab on driver.cab the integrator will detect if driver.cab was expanded by an updatepack allready. ;) So as an addon the integrator would expand and recompress driver.cab with or without an updatepack. ;)

Maybe post the entries file you are working on and I can lend a hand. :D
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

dougiefresh

Post by dougiefresh » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:10 pm

Never mind. I wanted to know what you thought of that method of "replacing" those system files. Those files don't need to be seperated out, I was just curious.

DaRk MaDnEsS

Post by DaRk MaDnEsS » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:03 am

i got a couple of question

when the intergator reads from entries

does it follow the steps that entries was written

i mean like when i type [extrafileedits] before [editfile]

which one will run first and if it`s by the intergator way what steps he follow

second question

is there away to use [extrafileedits] or [editfile] to add an entire only if it doesn't exist and replace it if it exist ?

and thx for your fine work

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:27 pm

No it doesn't follow the order it is written.

If I remember correctly ExtraFileEdits is performed before EditFile... but I might have it backwards.

Basically the integrator gathers all of the sections from every addon and process them in whole on most of the sections. It is pretty in depth on the order that it does things.

As for your second question. As of now there is no way to do an If Else type of thing. So it will perform the process no matter what.

With ExtraFileEdits it looks for the exact string to change. So if the string doesn't exist then it will not do anything.

In the future I plan to add a way for people to do some sort of if else type of stuff.

In the new RVMi beta there are some cool new features... but I haven't implemented any of my if else ideas yet.

But basically I want to allow you to do things like [FileExists]. Where you can specify a file and if it exists perform the entries file contained in a specified entry file. or [StringExists] where you specify a file to check for a string and if the string exists use a specified entries file and so on.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:01 am

Hi! This is my first post in this forum & hope this is the right topic for this question... Can i use zipped entries.ini file (addon) to remove or change lines in nlite.in_ file?

For example if i wanted to remove a registry entry inside nlite.in_ that was located in

AddReg       = T
DelReg       = P
[T]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore","DisableSR",0x00010001,1
using entries_tweak.zip containing entries_tweak.ini as Nlite Addon

[general]
builddate=2007/11/05
description=Registry Tweaks for nLite.
language=English
title=nLite RegTweaks
version=1.6
website=

[registry_addreg]

[registry_delreg]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore","DisableSR"
It didn´t work. System Restore remained disabled. Used Virtualbox to test it. Sorry for my english.

I integrated also driverpacks (last), IE7, WMP11, .NET AIO, Java runtime, RedXIII´s DX9C SVCPack addon and some hacked system file addons and programs (adobe reader 9 lite, Ccleaner, K-Lite Mega Codec packs a.s.o.). Maybe i removed also something i shouldn´t have? Anyway i´m open for questions and hope someone can help me.
Most important question is why and everything begins of your choice

redxii

Post by redxii » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:46 am

"DisableSR" doesn't control disabling/enabling System Restore. This would be a better place to ask: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=89

kaitsevaim

Post by kaitsevaim » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:19 am

OK, now i know. Thanx! I´m just beginning to understand registry and thought it´s somehow related. Of course system restore is enabled and disabled by this key (changing the dword value)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\srservice]
"Start"=dword:00000002
This was just an example. Just interested in basics of making addons. I´ll search the nlite forum then...
Most important question is why and everything begins of your choice

bigfatroundguy

Post by bigfatroundguy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:53 pm

folks, I have a question about 5eraph's 5er_KB976002-v5_uh_Removal_Addon.7z referenced in XPSP3_QFE_UpdatePack for Windows XP Post-SP3 1.2.3 20100331. I ask here because this question really relates to the theme of this thread. 5eraph's addin is designed to remove KB976002 from user_hidden's XP3 update pack - remove bchoice.exe, the reg entries and entries in dosnet.inf and txtsetup.sif. if you integrate it at the same time as the U_H's update pack it does everything except properly edit dosnet and txtsetup. i believe the reason this operates as it does is that bchoice entries within dosnet and txtsetup don't exist until after obsolete_files entries have been processed. consequently when obsolete_files entries within 5eraph's addin are processed there is nothing to remove from dosnet or txtsetup

so to my question.

is it possible to remove dosnet and txtsetup entries that have been added by another addin pack in the same integration cycle and if so, would someone suggest a method? i want to do this because U_H updates his pack frequently but i don't to include everything that is in it