office 2007 addon creation

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
shahed26

office 2007 addon creation

Post by shahed26 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:38 pm

hi
i have made my office 2007 enterprise, a switchless silent installer
i tested it, and it works, but one error everytime, during xp installation, when it comes to "registering" it runs my silent installer, and after few seconds it say " setup error, configure component in control panel"

No worries as long as you can help me to get my office2007 addon to run at first boot, sori i mean "runone ex" or maybe "GUIRunOnce". if i can get it to run there, then it should be fine. please help me with this one

or if there are any other ways to create my switchless office, an proper addon with nlite addon maker then please give me instruction, as i have tried it with nlite addon maker but cant make the addon.

OZ

Post by OZ » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:06 pm

Hi
you can use runonce but i dont know how to run a file from cd.

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","Download Master",0,"%16422%\Download Master\dmaster.exe"

heres an example but its used in .inf under the AddReg. %16422% shows the Program Files path. i dont know the cd path. you can use this

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce","Office",0,"E:\XPCD\Office.exe"
E:\ is letter of cd but if it changes it cant help. good luck finding a way :D

does anyone know for what RunOnceEx is used?

shahed26

Post by shahed26 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:35 pm

ok fine tell me how to get my office switchless installer copied automatically to hard disk on windows installation, and how can i use runonce from there to run my addon.

also how can i make windows automtically delete my switchless intaller file from where it was copied before after installation

jdrom17

Post by jdrom17 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:41 pm

I used the Office 2007 Deployment kit or whatever it's called from the Microsoft Website. With that it creates an "answer" file from all the options/settings you pick. Then you just run the setup exe with the switch to use the answer file. Should be something like "setup.exe /adminfile filename.MSP"

You can then package all this with WinRAR as an SFX to do everything for you, using the temp mode so the installer files are deleted afterwards.

With that SFX Archive (exe), you can then make a switchless installer addon to integrate into your XP installation.

By the way, you posted this in the wrong thread. Should be in the switchless installer thread.

shahed26

Post by shahed26 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:34 pm

ok fine just give me the download link for the deployement tool. thank you

jdrom17

Post by jdrom17 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:33 am

Actually, it looks like it's built in:
http://technet2.microsoft.com/Office/en ... x?mfr=true

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:43 am

Yup no deployment tool needed. Run this in the office2007 location "setup.exe /admin"

And all will be clear...