[Request] Winamp 5.35

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
rickytheanuj
Banned

[Request] Winamp 5.35

Post by rickytheanuj » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:49 pm

I will be so glade if any one make and post here a winamp 5.35 addon or any idea to make winamp5.35 a msi file, so it will be easy to install using msi silent switch.

Actually i like to install winamp 5.35 without winampagent and additional link for free mp3,games...

please. :rolleyes:

iuli_kyle

Post by iuli_kyle » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:43 am

You can use for Winamp "/S /NCRC " Silent switches, add then, through a batch file to kill the Winamp starting process with this commands : taskkill.exe /F /IM winamp.exe
taskkill.exe /F /IM winampa.exe

Enjoy !
Image SFXMaker - The most complete switchless installer creator software

code65536

Post by code65536 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:57 am

I've been using a self-made silent Winamp installer for years.

I'm not going to get into the details of what I do except say that what components are "installed" are determined entirely by what files exist. Winamp is one of those good programs that don't need components to be "registered". Either the file's there or it's not, and thus the "install" process is boiled down to nothing more than unzipping the files that you want into the Winamp directory. Search around the Winamp forums; there's a thread by one of the mods (DJ Egg, IIRC) that details what every file does.

1) The Winamp installer doesn't even do file registrations. Did you know that? File registrations are always done by Winamp. The installer just calls Winamp like so: "winamp.exe /REG=AVCDL" A registers audio files, V video, CD, and L is the explorer integration. The /REG switch doesn't actually launch Winamp, so you can use it to register file types without worrying about killing it later.

2) The install.ini is totally optional and serves the sole purpose of determining what options are selected by default when you run the official installer (so that it installs exactly the components already installed)

3) I included a winamp.ini in my install to change what default settings there were. Delete any entries in winamp.ini that you don't want to change from the default, as Winamp will auto-fill those missing entries on first run.

4) Shortcut to the desktop is easy w/ WinRAR's shortcut thing.

5) Why the f*ck would anyone want to install something via MSI if they could avoid doing so?

rickytheanuj
Banned

Post by rickytheanuj » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:55 pm

iuli_kyle wrote:You can use for Winamp "/S /NCRC " Silent switches, add then, through a batch file to kill the Winamp starting process with this commands : taskkill.exe /F /IM winamp.exe
taskkill.exe /F /IM winampa.exe

Enjoy !
Thanks..

But can u tell me what is /NCRC stand for?

motofan

Post by motofan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:26 pm

rickytheanuj wrote: But can u tell me what is /NCRC stand for?
its an error-check inhibiting parameter for NullSoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS)

bober101

Post by bober101 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:28 am

shark has a real nice addon of this with added plugins.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

mitsukai89

Post by mitsukai89 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:02 pm

update tot 5.5 please?

Knowone

Post by Knowone » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:41 pm

code65536 wrote: 1) The Winamp installer doesn't even do file registrations. Did you know that? File registrations are always done by Winamp. The installer just calls Winamp like so: "winamp.exe /REG=AVCDL" A registers audio files, V video, CD, and L is the explorer integration. The /REG switch doesn't actually launch Winamp, so you can use it to register file types without worrying about killing it later.
Thanks a lot for this extremely brilliant piece of information. 8)

I have always done the winamp install quick n' dirty by making the winamp folder the way I want it and then make a zipped installer. It has worked fine, but the icing on the cake, a simple way of registering file types has missed.

Obviously many people could use to read your post closely, perhaps they would understand how easy it is to make your own tailored winamp installer instead of having to do with what others can make.
Important is more than knowledge imagination
--Einal Bertstein

mitsukai89

Post by mitsukai89 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:52 am

with zipped installer you mean SFX? and do you just make a batch file to extract in the folder and to register files? can you tell me how your commands like like