[Release] XnView Complete LCE Addon v1.91.4-070831

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] XnView Complete LCE Addon v1.91.4-070831

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:04 am

I've been dragging my feet on updating this pack for a very long time because in each new version they are bloating out the installation with more and more templates and skins and the total number of files had risen to nearly 500 - which is an INSANE amount of extra work for an addon pack that needs updating as frequently as this one does....

So.... I have come to a workable compromise with this addon pack now, which is this: I have decided to abandon my previous version of this (which included all of those frilly skins and gurly boy stuff) and maintain it in future as a "Low Calorie Edition" of the "XnView Complete" package. I have removed all of the web templates except for one (the Simple template) and removed all the skins except for two so that you have a choice of either a simple grayscale linuxy skin or a pretty colourful windozy one (I am sure this will make all the gurly boys cry now hahaha).

I have entirely reworked this addon pack from scratch and added a few extra registry entries to give XnView more image file associations, and I have changed the program configuration so that it now saves personal settings to an ini file in the programs root directory (this saves a HUGE amount of bloat in the registry). I have preconfigured the GUI to my own personal taste and layout style - so if you don't like it that's just tough and you'll have to make the effort to go and configure it to your own taste on first run (boo hoo). I have also created a proper uninstaller for this now which should make many of you very very happy - it took me two days to rework this addon (cos I am brand new at building uninstallable addon packs) so you better be bloody happy.... or else expect a bitchslapping from me ;)

This is the official "Mrs Peel Low Calorie Release" - XnView Complete with nconvert and all addons and plugin packs included - all preconfigured and ready to go right out of the box - with full uninstaller. Please note that if you actually DO decide to uninstall this thing (although I can't for the life of me think why anybody would want to uninstall the best freeware graphics viewer ever made) then you will have to RE-associate all your image files to whatever (inferior) graphics viewing app that you decided to replace it with, otherwise it will just default back to the windoze Picture and Fax Viewer. Also note that if you have Picture and Fax Viewer disabled (by a reg tweak or removed with nLite) then there will be NOTHING to open these files post-uninstall.

This release uses the source code of the standalone version of XnView and has been configured to the instructions at Portable Freeware to save it's cache and settings in the program folder. On first run this will still create an uneeded folder in %userprofile%\Application Data\ (which is not actually used by the program) but I added some new entries into the uninstaller which will force this to be removed if you uninstall it later.

XnView Complete v1.91.4 (Low Calorie Edition)
LINK: MrsP_XnView_LCE_Addon_v1.91.4-070831
MD5: 05F080DC0B0D1F80DC85EF3A71F4A6D2
SIZE: 8.29 MB
Description: Utility for viewing and editing graphic files
Op System: Windows 2000, XP Home, XP Pro & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2007/08/29
Language: Multi-language
Title: XnView
Version: 1.91.4
License: Freeware
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Graphics\XnView"
Installer: Removes files, folders, shortcuts, reg entries, obsolete image file associations and user data
About XnView
Come to discover XnView, a software to view and convert graphic files, really simple to use ! Support of more than 400 graphics formats! It's free, so do not hesitate!

Features:
* Import about 400 graphic file formats
* Export about 50 graphic file formats
* Multipage TIFF, Animated GIF, Animated ICO support
* Image IPTC, EXIF metadata support
* EXIF auto rotation support
* IPTC editing
* Resize, rotate, crop support
* Lossless rotate & crop (jpeg) support
* Adjust brightness, contrast...
* Auto levels, contrast
* Modify number of colors
* Apply filters (blur, average, emboss, ...)
* Apply effects (lens, wave, ...)
* Fullscreen mode
* Slide show with effects
* Batch convert, batch rename
* Create WEB page easily
* Screen capture
* Create contact Sheet
* Create or edit Multi-page file (TIFF, DCX, LDF)
* TWAIN & WIA support (Windows only)
* Print support (Windows only)
* Drag & Drop support (Windows only)
* Compare image side by side
* Filmstrip layout
* 44 languages support (Windows only)
* And many many other things...

Image files that are associated with XnView during installation:

Code: Select all

.ai, .arw, .awd, .bie, .bmf, .bmp, .bpx, .cad, .cmt, .cpt, .cr2, .crw, .cur, .cursor, .dcr, .djv, .djvu, .dwg, .dxf, .ecw, .emf, .eps, .eri, .fif, .fpt, .fpx, .frm, .gif, .giff, .hdp, .hpi, .ico, .icon, .iff, .ivb, .iwc, .J, .j2k, .j6i, .jbg, .jbig, .jls, .jng, .jp2, .jpc, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpf, .jpg, .jpx, .k25, .kap, .kdc, .kqp, .mac, .macp, .max, .mic, .mif, .miff, .mix, .mng, .msp, .ncd, .nct, .p2, .p64, .paint, .pax, .pcc, .pcd, .pct, .pcx, .pdd, .pfi, .pic, .pict, .pict2, .pix, .png, .ppm, .ppma, .pps, .ppt, .psd, .psf, .psp, .pspimage, .pwc, .pxr, .raf, .raw, .rpbm, .rpgm, .rppm, .sdg, .sff, .sid, .sr2, .svg, .targa, .tex, .tg4, .tga, .tif, .tiff, .tnl, .upi, .wb1, .wbc, .wbm, .wbmp, .wbp, .wbz, .wdp, .wic, .wmf, .wmz, .wpg, .xar, .xbm, .xcf, .xif, .xpm, .ypc
Image file classes that are deleted from registry during uninstallation:

.arw, .awd, .bie, .bmf, .bpx, .cad, .cmt, .cpt, .cr2, .crw, .dcr, .djv, .djvu, .dwg, .dxf, .ecw, .eri, .fif, .fpt, .fpx, .frm, .giff, .hdp, .hpi, .iff, .ivb, .iwc, .J, .j2k, .j6i, .jbg, .jbig, .jls, .jng, .jp2, .jpc, .jpf, .jpx, .k25, .kap, .kdc, .kqp, .mac, .macp, .max, .mic, .mif, .miff, .mix, .mng, .msp, .p2, .p64, .paint, .pax, .pcc, .pcd, .pct, .pcx, .pdd, .pfi, .pic, .pict, .pict2, .pix, .ppm, .ppma, .psf, .pwc, .pxr, .raf, .rpbm, .rpgm, .rppm, .sff, .sid, .sr2, .targa, .tex, .tg4, .upi, .wb1, .wbc, .wbm, .wbmp, .wbp, .wbz, .wdp, .wic, .wmz, .wpg, .xar, .xbm, .xif, .xpm, .ypc
Image file classes that are retained will and require re-associating:

.ai, .bmp, .cur, .cursor, .emf, .eps, .gif, .ico, .icon, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .ncd, .nct, .png, .pps, .ppt, .psd, .psp, .pspimage, .raw, .sdg, .svg, .tga, .tif, .tiff, .tnl, .wmf, .xcf
Enjoy (or not)

;)

[Edit 2006/04/04] Bumped version to v1.82.4
[Edit 2007/06/26] Bumped version to v1.91.1, entirely rewrote the addon from scratch, removed excess skins and web templates, made the program self-contained in it's own folder, added more image file associations and wrote a full uninstaller to remove program and obsolete image file associations.
[Edit 2007/07/02] Minor tweak to inf file to standardise my uninstallation code. Change of addon naming convention
[Edit 2007/07/05] Rewrote uninstaller to add an removal prompt
[Edit 2007/07/06] Minor bug fix to hide taskkill CMD window during removal. Big thanks to Kel for the tweak.
[Edit 2007/07/20] Minor tweak to inf to standardise code, customised the layout a little and added a runonceex to make clean uninstall of app data
[Edit 2007/07/27] Added some path strings to reg entries to trim down the inf size
[Edit 2007/07/31] Rebuilt optional components section
[Edit 2007/08/01] Updated to version v1.91.2
[Edit 2007/08/04] Optimised some more stuff in the inf file
[Edit 2007/08/14] Updated to version v1.91.3 and made some improvements to post-install cleanup
[Edit 2007/08/26] Added a new reg section to restore file associations back to windoze default on uninstall
[Edit 2007/08/29] Added some new reg entries to activate the XnView shell extension by default
[Edit 2007/08/31] Updated to version v1.91.4 (the second silent update)
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:27 am, edited 16 times in total.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:20 am

OK, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and try releasing this again because I know there are some very loverly people who do use and value this custom edition. But if this new thread goes nasty again like the previous one did then that will be bye-bye for good.

Since I pulled this pack last week I've tested it and re-tested it again every which way from Sunday and had three other senior members here test it for me too and none of us can replicate any kind of error with the pack or discrepancies in the file checksums, against original source files from download site.

This is the same pack as before - configured to be portable as per guidelines at PortableFreeware.com and the ONLY changes to this 070720 edition are a rearranging of my inf layout (to standardise my layouts in case I ever have to do a mass search and rename on the entire collection) AND an extra line of code in uninstaller to clean up an uneeded folder created by program in the user app data - an unavoidable little eccentricity which I decided needed dealing to ;)

If ANY person has a problem with running this after their own unattended install I expect you to follow the proper troubleshooting methods to isolate the problem to THIS particular pack BEFORE you report it here - and this means verifying that you have supporting runtimes installed on your system AND that you have tried integrating ONLY this addon to be quadruply certain it is the culprit.

This same advise goes for ANY post-install addon problem that members want to report here. If there is problems with our addons then we NEED to know about them as soon as possible, but also we NEED to be provided with thorough and accurate information about your own particular install in order to assist that process.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers.

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:29 am

-psst- hey MrsP, -points down the list a bit- is there supposed to be two posts with the same name and content here? just wondering :)

TechnoHunter

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:36 am

Oh DUH, the board went on a go slow when I was posting so I went off to make a cuppa tea and musta resubmitted it again when I clicked refresh after I got back. Thanks for headsup hehehe :P

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:28 am

Thanks for releasing this addon again. I'm using it and so far it work flawlessly :D Keep up all the great work you do, we appreciate it :wink:

Us2002

Post by Us2002 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:30 pm

Why .msp files are associated with XnView, not with installer?

Master Wolfe

Post by Master Wolfe » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:56 pm

This one worked well for me in a VM install :)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:02 pm

Us2002 wrote:Why .msp files are associated with XnView, not with installer?
Yes, I am aware of that. And it is also the extension for Microsoft Paint Bitmap Image and as I wrote the customisations in this file to make it able to open all common win, lin and mac graphic formats then I judged it necessary to be included in my associations.

It took me three days of researching and weighing up the pros and cons of associating file formats that belong to 2 or more other possible programs and in this case I estimated that it would not be a problem, because when Hotfix.exe or Update.exe requires files with this extensions it will call upon them from their running exe and it is never required to click to open them from explorer - which would need to be able to happen if it was a Paint file.

I can't see that this would create any problems, but if it bothers you please feel free to edit the inf file and remove the .msp association, otherwise grab the vanilla XnView installer in the Switchless Releases instead. I don't expect that everybody will be happy with the way I customise some of my packs, but this is designed specifically for peeps who need to open a lot of different graphics formats.

I do not want Windows Paint or the default Picture and Fax viewer opening ANY image files on my computer so in any association decisions that I make that will be the first priority. Hope that clear things up for you ;)
Master Wolfe wrote:This one worked well for me in a VM install :)
Glad to hear it ;)

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:38 am

New update.... Sweet....
Thx for this Mrs. Peel :D

ps : the board kind of slowly these day... I thought its just me and my connection... hopefully the speed prob can quickly be sorted :wink:

striker80

Post by striker80 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:31 am

Thanks!

Us2002

Post by Us2002 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:38 pm

2 Mrs Peel

Tnx for nice addon, but i`ll correct ur inf for me, because i usually install .msp for msoffice system by winrar in runonce for my fully unnatended system installation :).

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:26 pm

Cool bananas, glad that works for you ;)

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:40 am

Mrs. Peel, it's been couple of days of timed out when try downloading the files.
Still waiting for download to get through...
If you have time and in the mood, would you care uploading somewhere else?
Thanks a lot in advance for uploading again or not :wink:

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:56 am

banditnich wrote:Mrs. Peel, it's been couple of days of timed out when try downloading the files.
Still waiting for download to get through...
If you have time and in the mood, would you care uploading somewhere else?
Thanks a lot in advance for uploading again or not :wink:
Dreamhost servers have been as slow as a wet week recently, so there's no point upping this to my own Dreamhost space either cos it's running just as slow as this one. And anyway, surely y'all should know by now that I am never in the mood to feel like making twice as much work for myself by duplicating my efforts, so yer just gonna have to be patient and grateful for whatcha got, eh ;)

In the meantime, being in an obsessive compulsive mood today, I was picking thru some of my bigger addon packs to see if I can optimise my addreg and strings better and I noticed that this inf needed to go on a severe low calorie diet.....

Reg entries (majorly) optimised with strings....

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:16 am

Wow I can download the new update with a screaming speed :D
Thx for the update Mrs.P :wink:

striker80

Post by striker80 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:00 am

@Mrs Peel

Thank you very much for this addon! (also) Thanks for getting me interested in this application too. It is truly is "the best freeware graphics viewer ever made". I didn't even know it existed untill I started reading these forums and building unattended installs of Windoz XP Pro. That must have been last fall, I think, (its been awhile and at least that long).

I do appreciate the days of work you must have poured into this addon! (again) Thank you very much!

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:53 pm

Yeh she's a wee beauty striker and there are lighter versions of this on their website too for you too keep on your flash drive (which I do)

Updated so this will hide properly in the "Windows Components Wizard" now....

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:54 am

Thanks for the update Mrs. Peel. Patiently waiting for the link :wink:

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:32 am

I noticed today Xnview is updated to version 1.91.2. Just only want to pass you the info Mrs. Peel :wink:

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:34 am

banditnich wrote:I noticed today Xnview is updated to version 1.91.2. Just only want to pass you the info Mrs. Peel :wink:
Ah OK.... yeh that's interesting info.

So you don't need me to update it for you then?

Cos if you wanted me to update it.... you would "just only" have asked....

Or would you? :wink:

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:11 am

thanx Mrs Peel, keep going

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:17 am

Mrs Peel wrote:
banditnich wrote:I noticed today Xnview is updated to version 1.91.2. Just only want to pass you the info Mrs. Peel :wink:
Ah OK.... yeh that's interesting info.

So you don't need me to update it for you then?

Cos if you wanted me to update it.... you would "just only" have asked....

Or would you? :wink:
Of course I would love you to update it Mrs. Peel :wink:
But I know the earlier version takes you 2 days building from the scratch.
That's why I don't asked, and I will be grateful if you decided to make the new version. 8)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:55 am

banditnich wrote:Of course I would love you to update it Mrs. Peel :wink:
But I know the earlier version takes you 2 days building from the scratch.
That's why I don't asked, and I will be grateful if you decided to make the new version. 8)
It took me several days to make the previous version because I had to rebuild the entire addon from scratch. Now the new the structure is set in place it only takes a short time to update, as long as the authors have not made major changes to their software package.

With software which I use constantly, I usually update my own private addon as soon as I hear there is a new version released - when I know that it is stable and not a beta build. But you people need to understand that I do not share my work here as a service - I share it here as a GIFT.

If members would like me to share my new version here on this forum then they must ASK me for it directly and in a way which does not imply that I am providing an obligatory service. This is my new rule. I will no longer share my updates here unless a member states that they are using my addon and ASKS me to post an update for it.

Be advised that I will no longer respond to any of this "Oh I am just letting you know there is a new version (wink wink)" bullshit, because when you say things like that to me you are implying that what I provide is a SERVICE - which is an insult to me and my generosity.

Now, since you finally did ASK.... here is the update I made for this a few days ago.... my GIFT that I choose to share with those who respect and appreciate my time...

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:11 pm

Thanks a lot Mrs. Peel for this updated version. I use this addon on all my build now. :D

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:45 am

Hope you don't get me wrong to think you as a service provider.
in a couple of days back I noticed a lot of your add-ons have link temporary suspended.
My guess is you had your hand full of all things, I apologize if my post indicated as a insult to you Mrs. Peel.
Anyway thanks a lot for the new version addons, and I do respect and appreciate everybody who spend his/her time doing all of the addons and share it to me and the community :D

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:27 am

More INF optimisations.... nothing critical....

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:57 pm

thanx Mrs and thanx for the update which hommie banditnich asked for it
I would ask for it too but he was fast ;) (I liked the wink wink comment lolz)

keegan

Post by keegan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:06 am

I haven't had a chance to check this program out. As far as image viewers go I rarely even utilize more than Windows Pic and Fax viewer provides. Can anyone give me a brief pro/con rundown of this versus IrfanView, which I have used a little bit.

I only ask without trying it out first because, I might not notice the difference between the two for quite a while at the rate these fancy image viewers become necessary for me.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:55 am

Keegan, you really need to go google up some reviews for this if you want to get that kind of feedback to your query.

All I can say is that I was a happy Irfanview user for several years until a friend turned on on to this XnView. They will both handle pretty much any image file type and both have inbuilt image editors (which is really handy if you want to resize or convert pics in a hurry and can't afford a commercial graphics editor), but XnView has surpassed Irfanview now because it has a better development cycle and more flexibility for peeps who want to customise their program look/feel/layout.

XnView can be a bitch of a thing to configure if you lack a basic understanding of image formats and properties, but I have pre-configed this to run right out of the box in a way that is functional and pleasing on the eye, which should save a lot of time and headaches for graphics newbies. You may not think you need this now, but if somebody sends you an image file from a Mac, or made with some proprietary imaging software not supported by windoze Pic/Fax (which only supports your four most basic image files) then I promise you will appreciate having this thing on hand.

Just install it with a local install and take it for a test drive. My uninstaller will completely remove all trace and restore everything back to default windoze settings if you change your mind later. Alternatively, just download the Lite version from their website and try it out on your USB stick - it's completely portable as long as you don't configure it and send entries to the system registry

;)

[edit] PS: LOL I must sound like I am a salesperson for the company or something.... but as an afterthought I think I should put forward this question to you.... "How good would a software have to be for me to spend three days building the addon for it and as many days more tweaking it to perfection?" ;)

keegan

Post by keegan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:03 pm

That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Everyone seems to use IrfanView without question. I was just wondering about this one. I will definitely give this a try. Thanks Mrs. P

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:46 pm

plz Mrs Peel, how to apply the registration values unattendedly with your release (Name and Code)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:58 pm

Wesmosis wrote:plz Mrs Peel, how to apply the registration values unattendedly with your release (Name and Code)
Huh? This is freeware and doesn't require registering for private, non-commercial, educational or non-profit organization use.

Are you telling me that you are using this commercially?

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:03 pm

but why there is a registration space at the (info Context Menu?!)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:09 pm

Wesmosis wrote:but why there is a registration space at the (info Context Menu?!)
Because if you ARE a non-private, commercial, non-educational or profit organization then you must pay a license fee to them.

I guess you should try reading the "License Agreement" in the same info menu huh ;)

XnView is not crippleware.

:rolleyes:

PS: And if it was, are you seriously expecting me to believe that you would be sending them a cheque, and not just asking me to help you apply a reg code that you got from some warez crack site?

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:18 pm

no, I'm using it as a Private, non-commercial, for educational (Comparing it with ACDsee, Irfan...etc) and for non-profit purposes
so that registration box is just when i donate to them , then they'll give me a Code or somethin', I mean what the heck?!
why not like other proggies simple donations!

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:52 pm

Well actually, this procedure is not so uncommon as you might think. But since XnView is not "crippleware", and neither does it splatter itself with ad banners for unregistered users, then I am struggling to understand your annoyance about this.

Can we drop this subject now please?

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:32 pm

ok ok
any possibility we can get the XnView 1.91.3 for Windows
TIA

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:56 pm

Wesmosis wrote:ok ok
any possibility we can get the XnView 1.91.3 for Windows
TIA
Well since you made this as a request (instead of a "hint-hint wink-wink") I am happy to update it for you.

Yikes, there's such a helluva lotta stuff in the changelog for this for this (which I notice they have forgotten to update in the release package and still using the old "What's New" for version 1.91.2 LOL) I am surprised that they released it as a minor version update.

Nice to see that they have dumped some of their big 3rd party DLL files in this one tho, so this trims down the package size somewhat.

Bumped to version v1.91.3 and refined the post-install cleanup a little.

Enjoy ;)

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:42 am

Thanks for the updated version. Just in time for my new build :D I'll report back in a few days (Need some time to put my new DVD together)...

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:49 am

thanx for he tweaked updated version
;)

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:35 am

Thanks Mrs. peel for the update

Best Regards,

Mr. hint-hint wink-wink.... lol

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Hi there Mrs, you rock
is it safe upgrading my ISO with this update?!
I mean, I integrated 1.91.1, and now the resized 1.91.3
what do you think Mrs (really it's hard job to make a new ISO from the scratch for just this update)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:05 am

Wesmosis wrote:Hi there Mrs, you rock
is it safe upgrading my ISO with this update?!
I mean, I integrated 1.91.1, and now the resized 1.91.3
what do you think Mrs (really it's hard job to make a new ISO from the scratch for just this update)
Sorry, I don't quite understand your question here.

If you mean that you were using an old XnView (from before this low calorie edition) then installing this one over the top of that will create a dupe copy in your sysoc and ARP, because the inf file names have changed now - so you would have to manually edit the old inf out of your sysoc and manually delete the old cab file also before you rewrite your ISO.

If your question was "are there enough improvements in the latest XnView to justify the extra trouble of moving to 1.91.3" then I would say that if it was me I probably would not bother, cos I haven't noticed any perceivable performance improvement or better features in the last two versions.

The only advantages for you as far as I can tell is that this low calorie edition has better file association reg entries and a proper uninstaller that restores those associations, so if you are not planning to ever uninstall this thing then that would be of no advantage to you either.

Hope that answers whatever it is that your actual question was LOL

Cheers

arco

Post by arco » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:25 am

What are the arguments to use XnView (Peels' Low Calorie Edition :P) instead of:
- ACDSee (not free)
- FastStone Image Viewer
- IrfanView
- Picassa

Thanks

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:05 am

@mRs Peel
yes my question was the first answer of ya (I want to upgrade your version from 1.91.21 to 1.91.3)
so I have to edit this (sysoc and ARP) files, plz can you elaborate more on this issue, coz i don't' want to duplicate any files on my uAXPSP2

btw, I integrated the 1.91.3 via nlite on top of 1.91.1, what's the consequences?

EDIT:
I opened the SYSOC.INF, and I found only one line for xnview

XnViewLC=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,XnViewLC.inf,HIDE,7
so no duplicates right?
what did you meant by the ARP?

Peace, and TIA

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:48 am

Oooops, sorry I meant to come back and reply to your query after I had checked some things with my earlier XnView version release. If the inf file name in the older version you had slipstreamed uses the name "XnViewLC.inf" then you should not have any conflicts with it..... HOWEVER, I notice that the most recent version of XnView has removed some old 3rd-party DLLs, so I cannot say how this would effect things and I guess it is a case of "use at your own risk"

On a brighter note, I just figured out a clever way to add a new reg section which restores the file associations back to windoze default on uninstall, so I updated this pack to do that.....

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:51 am

Thanks for the update Mrs. Peel

proximous

Post by proximous » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:12 pm

Thanks. Used this and it works great. Have you considered including the Shell Extension? The author describes it here:

http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=1144

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:09 am

proximous wrote:Have you considered including the Shell Extension?
The "complete" version of XnView (who's source files I use for this pack) has the Shell Extension already included, but I just hadn't included reg entries to enable it by default and left that up to program users as an option to activate manually.

I do however find it rather useful myself though, so I decided to update this pack and set the ShellExt on by default instead of off by default. Peeps who don't want it can still manually deactivate.

Cheers for the suggestion and your feedback ;)

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:02 am

XnView 1.91.4 for Windows is out
plz Mrs Peel, update it ;)

What's New

****Mrs Peel Edit: don't post the entire changelog, just a link to their online changelog page will suffice****