[Release] XnView Complete LCE Addon v1.91.4-070831

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:26 am

Wesmosis wrote:XnView 1.91.4 for Windows is out
plz Mrs Peel, update it ;)
Ay fuckin caramba! As if it's not annoying enough that members leap up and beg for updates merely hours after a new software version has been released.... but now we have somebody begging for updates BEFORE they are even available yet. Sheeesh!

FYI, I checked for updates just a few hours ago before I started on this latest update and there's nothing about it in their downloads page at the time I am making this post.

:rolleyes:

PS: Please do not post the contents of changelogs when requesting updates, it unnecessarily clutters the thread, when a link to their online changelog would suffice. I just edited your thread to remove that flood of superfluous data.

newsposter

Post by newsposter » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:06 am

on the pther paw, some of us prefer not to clutter up our right-click desktop menus with detrius.

Right-click isn't supposed to be a program launcher, it's supposed to be context/task sensitive.

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:25 am

what the heck lady?

you topic version is 1.91.3
and the official site shows 1.91.4, so it's a RELEASE
I didn't request something doesn't exist

XnView 1.91.4 for Windows is there, are you blind or somethin'?

and plz remove that ugly kiddish Shell Extension ;)
Peace

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:48 pm

Wesmosis wrote:you topic version is 1.91.3

I am not blind. The new version was NOT YET available for download on their website AT THE TIME when you requested the update.

It IS there TODAY, but since I am NOT impressed with your attitude today I am not going to bother putting any energy into "serving you" till the weekend when I have finished my busy real life work schedule for the week.

And let me remind you all YET AGAIN, that this is my own PERSONAL VERSION of XnView installer and I make it the way I LIKE IT and update it for my own use when I FEEL LIKE IT.

proximous

Post by proximous » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:00 am

Mrs Peel wrote: I do however find it rather useful myself though, so I decided to update this pack and set the ShellExt on by default instead of off by default. Peeps who don't want it can still manually deactivate.

Cheers for the suggestion and your feedback ;)
Excellent! Glad we share the preference. I'll grab the new one and give it a try. Thanks.

Master Wolfe

Post by Master Wolfe » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:45 pm

Mrs. P, I'm getting ready to make a new disc... if you have the time and inclination, would you mind terribly updating this to the latest version? I'd really appreciate it :)

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:17 am

Jeeeeez I am so glad I did not leap to update this right away, cos there was a bug in the version they released 2 days ago which made the folder thumbnails all display as black and they put out a silent update today where that is fixed ((((((whew)))))).

Updated.... hopefully for the last time in a long while to come :rolleyes:

Master Wolfe

Post by Master Wolfe » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:29 pm

Mrs Peel wrote:Jeeeeez I am so glad I did not leap to update this right away, cos there was a bug in the version they released 2 days ago which made the folder thumbnails all display as black and they put out a silent update today where that is fixed ((((((whew)))))).

Updated.... hopefully for the last time in a long while to come :rolleyes:
T'anks!

banditnich

Post by banditnich » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:34 am

thanks for the update mrs.peel... cheers :wink:

proximous

Post by proximous » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:34 am

Thanks for the update. By far my favorite of your addons. Any thoughts on whether this will install ok on an existing Vista machine? I really like your customization and want to use it on that PC also.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:32 am

proximous wrote:Thanks for the update. By far my favorite of your addons. Any thoughts on whether this will install ok on an existing Vista machine? I really like your customization and want to use it on that PC also.
Thanks for the feedback. This is one of the three big releases here that I have gone to such meticulous efforts to customise and it's nice to be noticed for how much devotion I have invested in them.

As far as the "Vista" thing goes, I can't answer that for you I am afraid. I am a resentfully reluctant user of windoze at the best of times and if I ever decide to migrate from my current (nLited to the core) version of Win 2k3 Server, then it will be to linux and not Vista (or Server 2008). This is the end of the line for me and this OS, so I shan't ever be testing them on Vista or 64-bit platform either.

One of the reasons I get so frustrated with lack of user feedback is that I have no way of verifying that these releases of mine work on anything other than the two OS's that I do use (win2k & win2k3).

Hopefully one of the lurking leechers who has never bothered to respond to this thread will notice your question and reply to say if they are successfully using this in Vista.

Good luck with that ;)

Master Wolfe

Post by Master Wolfe » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:11 am

Uggh on Vista, Mrs. P. I own a copy of Vista Home Premium and I think it has ran on my machine a grand total of 24 hours in the 4 or 5 months I've had it. I don't like the interfaces, I don't CARE that it's 'pretty' or that it is Dx10, etc. etc. I am a major Windows guy, but that was IMHO a big step backwards for MS.

RickMckc

Post by RickMckc » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:34 pm

Will include for testing in the XP builds I'm working on. I am running Vista Ultimate on my home desktop and love it. :) Would like to try this low cal edition on it but after searching the forums, I'm still not too savvy on how to get it installable from the addon.

Thanks!
RickMcKC

proximous

Post by proximous » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:11 pm

I can confirm this works on Vista too (at least based on limited testing). Now I can enjoy your customizations on all the machines I use. Also, since I wasn't explicit before, my other machines with this are XP.

Thanks!

BTW, are all your customizations stored in a single ini file or something in the cab, or are the more dispersed throughout? (My question is along the lines of how hard would it be for me to update this for a new version in the future if you are not around.)

RickMckc: The way I installed it was to extract the archive (use 7-zip or WinRAR or other), expand the compressed ini file (use 7-zip or WinRAR or other...file will end with in_ indicating it is compressed). Then right click on the ini, chose install, and when it complains about not finding a file, point it to the cab file.

Gorki

Post by Gorki » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:32 pm

Mrs Peel I have problem integrating this addon using latest Nlite. Errors ocures during setup when files are copied to disk drive. Can't copy %win_comp%.inf file . So I fixed this with your previous release,but this new seams to have same problem?
Do you use FGCBA to check your .inf files when making addon? I'm well aware of FGCBA limitations when using ,,,1 entrie, so it should not be consider as error.
Thanks.

TechnoHunter

Post by TechnoHunter » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:14 pm

XnView Complete v1.91.3 (Low Calorie Edition)
LINK: MrsP_XnView_LCE_Addon_v1.91.4-070831
MD5: 05F080DC0B0D1F80DC85EF3A71F4A6D2
SIZE: 8.29 MB
the above mentioned file with the above mentioned hash does NOT have the same problem in the entries.ini string section (the cause of the %win_comp%.inf error)

please verify that you have the latest version AND that the hashes match :)

enjoy,

TechnoHunter

P.S. -pokes MrsP- ya missed the .4 in the name right above the link :)

Gorki

Post by Gorki » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:50 pm

TechnoHunter wrote: the above mentioned file with the above mentioned hash does NOT have the same problem in the entries.ini string section (the cause of the %win_comp%.inf error)

please verify that you have the latest version AND that the hashes match :)

enjoy,

TechnoHunter
Yes you are correct..I did double check and it seams it's an older version ;) My mistake..I appologise. This one should be right? I might give it a go then...

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:10 pm

Mrs Peel wrote:
Wesmosis wrote:you topic version is 1.91.3

I am not blind. The new version was NOT YET available for download on their website AT THE TIME when you requested the update.

It IS there TODAY, but since I am NOT impressed with your attitude today I am not going to bother putting any energy into "serving you" till the weekend when I have finished my busy real life work schedule for the week.

And let me remind you all YET AGAIN, that this is my own PERSONAL VERSION of XnView installer and I make it the way I LIKE IT and update it for my own use when I FEEL LIKE IT.

Oh thanx, I did my own version, it's not a Nuclear Bomb or Somethin'
and Have fun with your real life ;)

Wesmosis

Post by Wesmosis » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:16 pm

btw, you have a Typo:
XnView Complete v1.91.3 (Low Calorie Edition) (to be 1.91.4) :)

Zacam

Post by Zacam » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:06 am

Between this and your "Kill the stupid XP Picture and Fax Viewer" (my title for it!) I can easily sort through images and video's nicely.

Lots of work on this one and it shows. Who needs bajillions of themes/skins etc? :-)

lespea

Post by lespea » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:54 pm

Just wanted to say thanks, I Love your packs :)

dziubek

Post by dziubek » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:56 pm

XnView 1.91.5 for Windows is available.
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.p ... 9abd#53579

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:14 pm

dziubek wrote:XnView 1.91.5 for Windows is available.
@ dziubek
I'ts not a good way to ask for and update... :shifty:

@ Mrs Peel
If you have a little time, could you please update the xnview addon. I saw on Xnview addon that some bug fix have been made. Note that the current version work like a charm. So there is no urge to to the update if you plan to make one.

thanks again for this great addon.

Cheers :wink:

Zyx Maiden
If you see dinosaurs, stop using drugs. But, if you don't use drugs, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:59 pm

Zyx_Maiden wrote:If you have a little time, could you please update the xnview addon. I saw on Xnview addon that some bug fix have been made. Note that the current version work like a charm. So there is no urge to to the update if you plan to make one.
Dammit! And I only checked their site 2 days for a new version as I was doing my weekly updates check. :x

Sorry to all the other members who this will effect, but I am not going to bother updating this addon until dziubek can learn to grow a set of manners to say "please" and "thank-you", since he already didn't have the common decency to thank me for a new addon request I filled for him this week!
dziubek wrote:XnView 1.91.5 for Windows is available.
Dziubek, if you expect me to help you ever again on this board then you better go READ THIS before you ever reply to another of my posts and comprehend the fact that I am NOT an effing "service provider"

If somebody expects to me to respond to demands as if I am their "service provider" then they better bloody well be accompanying it with a cheque for my time at my usual hourly rate. Got that?

lespea

Post by lespea » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:45 pm

While I'm saddened that you will not be updating this update, I think that you made the right decision here. Some peoples' children...

bober101

Post by bober101 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:23 pm

i dont have any cheques right now but i can offer u roughly 2 beers an hour...lol but umm great work, i just love this addon,specially cuz of the file association and the shell menu extention.thx again!
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:38 pm

bober101 wrote:i dont have any cheques right now but i can offer u roughly 2 beers an hour...
I don't do drugs and alcohol anymore.... but for 2 freshly roasted, freshly ground, freshly brewed, organic fair trade, double-shot espressos per hour.... we might be able to talk turkey....

;)

PS @ members who responded respectfully to this thread: CYPM's!

Knowone

Post by Knowone » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:05 pm

Just letting you know that your 1.91.4 addon has found it's way up to the cold north and it works perfectly, running on XP pro sp3b. Nothing else for me to say than a big thankyou, your efforts are appreciated. Image

Too bad some jerks manage to ruin the fun of doing these things with shortsighted comments.Image

proximous

Post by proximous » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:18 pm

Sorry to see the discussion going awry.

Seemed like a good opportunity to state again how this is one of my favorite addons since I find it so perfectly customized to the way I like it. Hopefully things will settle and civility can return so that we can all continue to benefit from Mrs Peel's updates of this addon.