[Release] AviSynth Frameserver Addon v2.5.7-070918

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Release] AviSynth Frameserver Addon v2.5.7-070918

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:31 am

Many video editing softwares require this to be installed in order to run advanced scripting functions, and some of my ripping utilities need this too. This package will install the avisynth system dll's and also the english documentation/guides.

WARNING: Quite a few bundled video-ripping packages include AviSynth in their setup as an optional install. If you decide to install any of these post-setup then do NOT choose this option, because having multiple versions of AviSynth installed on your system will result in CONFLICTS. Do NOT come whining to me if you ignored this warning.

AviSynth v2.5.7
LINK: MrsP_AviSynth_Addon_v2.5.7-070918
MD5: 90D2D68A8E4DC64A2CB5C1AE8AD1B9C6
SIZE: 1.81 MB
Description: A video post-production tool and frameserver
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2007/01/07
Language: English
Title: AviSynth
Version: 2.5.7
License: Freeware
Installs to: "%programfiles%\Ripping\AviSynth"
Uninstaller: Removes documentation, shortcuts, system files and reg entries
What is AviSynth?
AviSynth is a powerful tool for video post-production. It provides almost unlimited ways of editing and processing videos. AviSynth works as a frameserver, providing instant editing without the need for temporary files.

AviSynth itself does not provide a graphical user interface (GUI) but instead relies on a script system that allows advanced non-linear editing. While this may at first seem tedious and unintuitive, it is remarkably powerful and is a very good way to manage projects in a precise, consistent, and reproducible manner. Because text-based scripts are human readable, projects are inherently self-documenting. The scripting language is simple yet powerful, and complex filters can be created from basic operations to develop a sophisticated palette of useful and unique effects.
Enjoy (or not)

:D

[Edit 2007/09/15] Updated to include some avisynth plugins required by DVD Rebuilder
[Edit 2007/09/16] Added the inf file which I forgot to include last night DOH!!! :oops:
[Edit 2007/09/18] Minor tweak to remove some redundant inf code
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.

dkrus

Post by dkrus » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:34 pm

Thanks Mrs Peel..I always wondered if this could be done and now I know. :D

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:21 am

Updated with extra plugins required by my new DVD Rebuilder addon ;)

Sm0ker

Post by Sm0ker » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:02 am

Thanks for the update Mrs P

dkrus

Post by dkrus » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:46 pm

Thanks for the update Mrs Peel:)

keegan

Post by keegan » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:47 pm

Hi Mrs. P, I think you have forgotten to include the inf file in the cab, doh.

Thanks for the addon anyhow, this is another valuable program to keep around.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:37 pm

keegan wrote:Hi Mrs. P, I think you have forgotten to include the inf file in the cab, doh.

Thanks for the addon anyhow, this is another valuable program to keep around.
DOH! DOH! and Double-DOH!!! I gotta put a sign above my desktop here which says "Warning! Multi-tasking may be dangerous to your health" :shock:

((((cough)))) no prizes for guessing which folder I accidentally moved my AviSyn25.inf file into eh :oops:

All fixed now, and thanks for the headsup 8)

keegan

Post by keegan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:13 am

((((cough)))) no prizes for guessing which folder I accidentally moved my AviSyn25.inf file into eh
Funny you mentioned that, I looked for it in some of the other addon cabs you released that day, figured I might get the quick fix.

Thanks for fixing it quick, since I didn't find it.

DarkNiteS11

Post by DarkNiteS11 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:25 pm

Thanks for the AviSynth addon! I use AviSynth all the time, and I have to say it, and the vast multitude of exceelent scripts, functions, and plugins available for it, is a life saver when some serious work needs to be done on a source before encoding.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:28 pm

Hiya DarkNite, ya don't often meet people who work directly with AviSynth, and I have to confess that this powerful utility is way to advanced for me to get my head around and I only keep it on hand for other DVD utils that have a dependency on it.

So this means I am not up on the play of what are the essential AviSynth plugins that are popularly used and I would sincerely appreciate any feedback from advanced users of this app who might have some suggestions to offer about any other bits I could include in this pack.

If I decided to extend and customise this pack any further, I would need to consider issues such as 1.) what are the stable 3rd-party plugins which would be important to include and whether any of them will conflict 2.) how would I be able to know when 3-rd partly plugins have new releases and need updating in my package, and 3.) not being a user myself, how much I would rely on the opinions of experienced users to guide me in the support and construction of this thing.

I would welcome any feedback you have to offer about this.

Cheers!

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:14 am

Tested in my new build: Working flawlessly. Thank you so much for this addon Mrs Peel.
If you see dinosaurs, stop using drugs. But, if you don't use drugs, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!