[plugin Release] Method2_MyDrivers

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
ENU_user

[plugin Release] Method2_MyDrivers

Post by ENU_user » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:24 pm

Method2MyDrivers

Siginet's DriverGrabber Collects 3'd party drivers for any machine DriverGrabber was launched from.
- if you Discover that some Microsoft Drivers are not being grabbed its because they are labeled to be skipped in DriverGrabber.ini.
  • Pyron's Method2 Hooks to the initial setup a method that prepares a path for extra Drivers, allowing the setup recognize extra device driv's During its Device installs phase.
* whether using "driver grabber" or "MyDrivers" or "none" (the Drivers are updated or copied back to the source with every integration of this addon)
  • Once this addon is been integrated for the first time as is & Considering DriverGrabber had Grabbed some Drivers, expect finding DP_MyDrivers_wnt5_x86-32.7z under @plugins, its Updated accordingly to what Drivers are added by DriverGrabber & "MyDrivers" in every run & its then copied to the source regardless (sort of Updating any drivers that where included in former runs of this addon ...)

DriverGrabber can be launched optionally ( dismiss it from being launched by placing a semicolon to the beginning of the run command in the entries file. by integrating the addon alone you would be applying the method along with any saved Drivers from former runs ..
* browsing this addon, you will find a folder called "MyDrivers", place any specific drivers you wish to include.
  • lastly All Drivers From DriverGrabber process & "MyDriver" folder are gathered, combined & finally compressed into 1 Driver Pack DP_MyDrivers_wnt5_x86-32.7z * in the same way DriverPacks.net distribute Driver Packs
* finally DP_MyDri.7z is saved to OEM\D @ the Root of the Integration Directory.
  • - in option its possible to have other custom made *.7z DriverPacks placed on there so they get interacted with the setup for devices..
Image:Release: 5.5.09 / v.1.6.2 /29bc0d8e5f16dbe6a8f7e4b00c9da7b6/ :RVM_ integrator Beta and above only

changes:

* Drivers are Compressed and archived to save space (new!)
* MS logo Drivers signing set to disabled.
* Support for all Service Packs that are of 32 bit.
* Support for reruns ..

enjoy
Last edited by ENU_user on Tue May 05, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 80 times in total.

dkrus

Post by dkrus » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:12 pm

Thanks

Siginet
Site Admin

Post by Siginet » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:44 pm

Good one Enu. :) I actually was going to make an addon using drivergrabber like this.
--Siginet--

Techware
Your Virtual Technician
Computer Management Software

rubab

Post by rubab » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:43 am

Superb Addon.

When should i integrate it? Before Update Pack or After Update Pack or In the end?

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:22 am

setup.exe is the only file to watch ,if it isn't in the updatepack then you can use this anytime I guess

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:59 pm

Updated: do check the topic for Changes ;)

porthos

Post by porthos » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:12 pm

So this is to snag the drivers off the machine that you are running the integrator on to to make a custom disk for that very same computer?

Kelsenellenelvian

Post by Kelsenellenelvian » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:39 pm

or other pc's with similiar hardware...

bober101

Post by bober101 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:15 pm

ENU_user ,i have questions, does this only grab 3rd party drivers or does it also grab video/chipset etc drivers aswell(cause im not sure after reading the explanation)?and are the drivers grabed seperated in different archives by driver type?thx
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:41 pm

bober101 wrote:ENU_user ,i have questions, does this only grab 3rd party drivers or does it also grab video/chipset etc drivers aswell
if the driver you need happens to be Provided by Microsoft
accordingly to the ini file. it wont get grabbed

driver grabber needs to frisk other parameters to get all the 3'd drivers despite the fact that they are MS Provided but by design it wont because it looks for the provider in the installation inf files

Code: Select all

[Provider]
Microsoft=Skip

[Name]
Microsoft Corporation=Skip
TIP: clear the ini and it will grab a more complete set of drivers for you :)
bober101 wrote:(cause im not sure after reading the explanation)?and are the drivers grabed seperated in different archives by driver type?thx
you may find the grabbed drivers in the root directory under OEM\D\ sorted into category's & in folders

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:48 pm

please check out the new tip @ the topic i guess i missed a chunk of explaining

hope that helps ;)

bober101

Post by bober101 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:26 pm

ok thx alot.
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:05 am

added "MyDrivers" folder to allow adding other Drivers
in example I got "Microsoft WINMM WDM Audio Compatibility Driver" included

Topic Updated

ENU_user

there is some problem regurding sizes on the first post btw ;)

Post by ENU_user » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:03 pm

* addressed a clobbering issue on reruns
especially for those choosing to run this addon for a second time for somewhat reason &-\-or when using the "optimize system files" option

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:32 am

changes: 21.11.2008

* New workable Compression routine!!
* Added settings to disable windows Logo on Driversigning!!
* Added Support to make M2 method work on any xp version!!
* Added Support for reruns!!

* Topic Updated!!

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:55 pm

I just found time to test this a bit more it seems that something in the method is skipping all svcpack installs

will be fixed and back in a wile ..

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:51 pm

.. updated!

adric

Post by adric » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:53 am

ENU_user wrote:.. updated!
Sorry to be so dense, but are there any simple instructions on how this is supposed to be used ?

After unziping the file, I see:

bin
MyDrivers
OEM
Entries_M2MyDrivers.ini
presetup.cmd
setupAck.ex_

If I run drivegrabber from within OEM, it does its thing and puts what it finds in the drivers directory.. When I run M2MyDrivers.exe, not much happens. I would also like to add these Intel SATA driver files:

iaahci .cat
iaAHCI .inf
iastor .cat
iaStor .inf
IaStor .sys
license .txt
TXTSETUP.OEM

Do I just copy them to the MyDrivers Dir?

And the biggest question of all -How do I use any of this with the RVM Integrator?

As you can see, I'm new at this. I also find it difficult to find stuff
in these forums, Probably because I don't know what to look for.:lol:

Thanks, Al

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:42 am

this pack like many other packs you will find around here, are what we call "addon"s

in general every pack that you find this naming of "addon" or "updatepack" in it-will be suited or intended to be used with-integrator or nlite (not all: some addons such as this one i.e is only workable with integrator .)

allow me to redirected you to the integrator Guide, you will be surprised to find how easy it is to use.
http://integrator.siginetsoftware.com/i ... nual&start

as to the SATA drivers they are fine & usable like all the other drivers you had collected, but they wont be usable for the %systemDrive% if its a SATA drive that is aimed for installing the OS on. for that there is a different method and different tools ... nlite, driverpacks base slipstreamer...

good luck

adric

Post by adric » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:19 am

Hmmm,

Seems like what I am looking for is a way to get additional drivers on a windows XP install CD so there will be support for the newer ACHI controllers during installation. Nlite looks like it would be the easiest, but I don't have .NET installed and don't want to add it to my laptop. DriverPack looks like you have to install other drivers as well which I want to avoid..Any other slipstreaming alternatives?

Al

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:49 pm

you dont have to install the entire DriverPack(s)
you can extract it and just use the ones you want.

edit: i meant if you are using nlite to integrate them
Last edited by ccl0 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:56 pm

well actually for now, exists what you are looking for, exactly! @RogueSpear's Forums.
if you are registered you can download them and have them integrated and you are done :D

1) RogueSpear's ScriptPack Compatibility Addon V1.5.1.0
2) RogueSpear's IaStor MassStorage Addon V8.5.0.1032

i tried making mine compatible with "RogueSpear's ScriptPack Compatibility" for Compatibility sakes but gave up trying to figure why it wouldn't find method 2 packs as it claimed it will..

I may look into making what drivergrabber grabs for SATA ,i believe it places the SATA driv's into "RAID" folder (is it not for all ? )

as for RogueSpear's ScriptPack Compatibility Addon if you are getting those drop him a note & ask him to try make it compatible with this M2 addon, so you will get to enjoy both the SATA integration + this method 2 MyDrivers install & ASAP ...

adric

Post by adric » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:59 am

Thanks ENU_user. I ran those two addons through RVMI and the output looks promising. Now all I have to do is burn an image and try it out.

Also, I tried your addon with the Beta and I can't figure out where the additional drivers created in DP_MyDrivers_wnt5_x86-32.7z ended up on the final integration target file. I compared the source dir with the target dir after running RVMI with your addon and cannot easily tell where my drivers are. I'm just curious how this gets integrated.

Edit:

Ooops - just found a .7z file under OEM. I guess that gets processed when setup runs during install. Is that right?

Thanks, Al.

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:21 am

adric wrote: just found a .7z file under OEM. I guess that gets processed when setup runs during install. Is that right?

Thanks, Al.
it really should be processed ...

I just checked "DPbase" and it simply deleted the file ( with zipp0 confirmation ..) neither would it revive the file it with its built in undo :P

i think nlite is the only one compatible keeping this M2 integration @ whole, id suggest you could use what you got for now, with RS's SATA drivers integration as it overwrites the method used here ...

* if it isn't getting the MYdriv.7z pack try making a shout over RS's so he may tune his compatibility pack for extra compatibilities, if he or anyone else manages to tune that routine I can easily update what is needed for compatibility with this addon

* I could have added something for the "RAID" SATA grabbed drives as well .. but I don't use a laptop, to consider doing that now...

adric

Post by adric » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:00 am

Where can I find more info on how the OEM directory gets processed?.

Also what is the differnce between a $oem$ and a plain oem directory?

You lost me on your answer :? I only ran your addon without anything else to see what the results would be, I did not use the RS addons for this test run of RVM integration.

Al (too many questions) Adric

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:31 am

OEM dir shouldn't be mixed with $OEM$:
http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/18/

the labeled "OEM" is a plain directory used with Driverpacks, script pack, this addon ..etc (its label is a nickname ..)
adric wrote:You lost me on your answer :? I only ran your addon without anything else to see what the results would be, I did not use the RS addons for this test run of RVM integration.

Al (too many questions) Adric
I'm not sure... try testing it more to see what else you are looking for ...

adric

Post by adric » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:29 am

Okay, one last try at understanding how your addon is supposed to work. When/How is the newly created DP_MyDri.7z file processed so that the drivers later get installed?.

Do I need another addon to get the files in DP_MyDri.7z integrated??

Sorry for being such a pain . I will leave you alone now.

Al

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:55 pm

with the files included in the addon, this method begins where the setup is started but with a fake one
.. allowing to mode some conditions before initiating the true setup among having compressed Driver Packs.7z unpack to the systemdrive at that point!

after all what conditions are set & done. the true setup is unleashed ..

the mode I put in this addon is still new for this addon and I haven't got a chance to fully test and approve it my self or get anyone to do that especially on a live machine install

if you had integrated this addon and the drivers where collected to Root\OEM\ DP_MyDri.7z then that is the first indication that something is working ;)

all is left to do is to check this on a live install and look in device manager when the setup completes, (if it does) and see if some of drivers that you normally know you would have to install manually are already checked as ok!-installed!, that would be the final indication that it all worked ..

any other outcome in the result of using this addon isn't expected other then what is described ,so if you tested it and it worked let me know !
if it didn't ,the same applies ...

adric

Post by adric » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:21 pm

okay I'm getting closer to understanding. I still haven't figured out what triggers the fake setup to run?

I see the presetup.cmd in /I386 that .unzips the drivers, but how does presetup.cmd get started before the real setup?

Al

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:09 pm

adric wrote:okay I'm getting closer to understanding. I still haven't figured out what triggers the fake setup to run?

I see the presetup.cmd in /I386 that .unzips the drivers, but how does presetup.cmd get started before the real setup?

Al
btw, you could have cached a lot of the related info on this from related link on the topic Pyron's Method2 in yellow ...

to answer your question, the OEM setup starts the faked ..already in system32 the fake one dismisses itself renaming the original setipORG back to its true name. then it starts / waits the batch, when the batch ends its start the the original "setup.exe" ...

adric

Post by adric » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:18 pm

@ENU-user
Thanks for taking the time to answer me . You are absolutely right about pointing me to Pyron's Method2 link. I totally forgot to look there. I spent a lot of time looking in the wrong places and kept coming back here. :)

Al

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:45 pm

I may need to add back the WatchDriverSigningPolicy as before this update, for anyone who is getting driver signing warnings during the setup itself

the only time i get these kind of warnings regardless to driver signing set to disabled is when already in gui ...this routine isn't using any gui customization so I may not add it back for that, now ...

adric YWC. btw, I tried it out now and I approve it to be functional ...considering the other things to take note of, all in the thread. ;)

good luck

ccl0

Post by ccl0 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:18 am

dont mean to hijack your thread ENU_user but i just found this forum. http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=88
seems like it has a lot of useful information so i thought i'd post it for others out there. wasnt sure if it was worth creating a new topic just for a mention of a website so i thought i'd post it here since its seems kind of related :)

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Tue May 05, 2009 1:47 pm

download link updated
updates:
in case the reg entries supplied aimed to stop driver signing policy from popping weren't enough.. now, added back WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe

:arrow:

ENU_user

Post by ENU_user » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:52 pm

hello guys!
at the process of the unzipping stage
i want to add a process that will check if the driver files unfolded safely to the hard drive. will probably need to use a checksum trick through CMD (any idea's..)
with a probability that it will automatically unzip-over from where a specific pack failed to unfold correctly mentioning that the unzipping for "file_pack" has failed and automatically add "second try" and "third try" and then a "setup aborted" in-case...

besides this request im looking to find info about an unattended setup regarding making the whole xp setup copied to a x hard drive ready to be runned new hardware
forgive me for not remembering the exact terms.. rusty ...

for the elder users excuse me for forgetting the terms and usage of the unattended options
im simply trying to jump back on to a new unattended cd that will allow me this two options