[Updated] Eric Petit's Handbrake Addon v0.9.1-071115

Discuss & post Update Pack addons here.
Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

[Updated] Eric Petit's Handbrake Addon v0.9.1-071115

Post by Mrs Peel » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:53 pm

This open source app is purported to be the new "best thing since sliced bread" in video ripping utilities. One thing for sure is it beats the hell outa Super free encoder :D

Handbrake GUI 2.41 v0.9.1
LINK: MrsP_Handbrake_GUI_2.41_Addon_v0.9.1-071115
MD5: E6D2B1304856BEA0530B0DA84B91F5EC
SIZE: 2.64 MB
Description: A multi-threaded DVD to MPEG-4 converter
Op System: Windows 2000, XP & 2003 (x86 only)
Builddate: 2007/10/10
Language: English
Title: Handbrake GUI
Version: 0.9.1
License: Open Source
Installs to: "%programfiles%\CD-DVD\HandBrake"
Uninstaller: Removes program files, shortcuts, reg entries, settings and user data
Handbrake
HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded DVD to MPEG-4 converter, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows.

Supported sources:
* Any DVD-like source: VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD (encrypted or unencrypted, but protection methods other than CSS are not supported and must be handled externally with third-party software), and some .VOB and .TS files
* PAL or NTSC
* AC-3, DTS, LPCM or MPEG audio tracks

Outputs:
* File format: MP4, MKV, AVI or OGM
* Video: MPEG-4 or H.264 (1 or 2 passes or constant quantizer/rate encoding)
* Audio: AAC, MP3, Vorbis or AC-3 pass-through (supports encoding of several audio tracks)

Misc features:
* Chapter selection
* Basic subtitle support (burned into the picture)
* Integrated bitrate calculator
* Picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling
* Grayscale encoding

Enjoy (or not)

:D

[Edit 2007/09/21] Minor update to delete some post-install stuff I missed in original build
[Edit 2007/11/15] Update to version CLI v0.9.1 (GUI v2.41)
Last edited by Mrs Peel on Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

runningfool87

Post by runningfool87 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:05 am

i have a divx-capable dvd player, and handbrake and nero recode are the only video encoding apps i ever need. ripping/burning software is another story though :lol: . the closest thing to handbrake is staxrip, a fine little program that spit out nothing but errors before i uninstalled it. handbrake, however, works flawlessly. for example:

making "aXXo-like" rips with handbrake-
xvid video encoder
mp3 audio encoder
downmix audio to stereo
target filesize 700MB
anamorphic PAR enabled
deblocking enabled
auto-crop picture
2-pass encoding

a few things to note: the screenshots above are for the mac version...the windows GUI is much simpler. also the windows version will not rip ANY copy-protected DVD's (CSS included). and thanks to the guys over at the mplayer project, the newest handbrake version added support for deblocking, denoising, and detelecining (this feature should not be used just yet, due to not being implemented correctly...if anyone needs a better explanation on this, feel free to PM me).

also note that handbrake requires .NET 2.0

and again...would you really turn down an app that makes spot-on aXXo-like rips with just a few clicks?!

5eraph
Site Admin

Post by 5eraph » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:37 am

I'll have to try this the next time I need to make space on my storage volume. I generally keep deCSSed ISOs for the features. I don't burn anything unless it's to take out of the house. My computer setup equals most home theater setups I've personally seen for a single viewer. A big cushy (yet firm) task chair, a 21" monitor up close, and a 5.1 Klipsch THX audio system are nice to have.

I don't downmix the audio, and my target is usually 1400MB, but getting everything else done with Gordian Knot or multiple separate apps is a pain. I'm no expert, but I've been doing this off and on for six years and I think my work is pretty good.

dkrus

Post by dkrus » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:05 am

Thanks Mrs Peel

PunchCard

Post by PunchCard » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:03 pm

Mrs Peel, I would love to try one of your addons, but I cannot download any of them. I just get the following mesage:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /MrsP_Handbrake_GUI_2.40_Addon_v0.90-070919.cab on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What do you think I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

runningfool87

Post by runningfool87 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:06 pm

to anyone that ends up using this great app, make a mental note of this: if handbrake seems to instantly finish an encoding job and doesnt give you an actual file, you need to manually input the list of chapters to be encoded (i.e. 1st chapter to end chapter). this is a handbrake commandline error (if you input the parameters manually, handbrake's CLI gives an "invalid syntax" error, concerning the chapters) that _should_ be fixed by 0.9.1. fortunately this does NOT affect the quality of the encoded movie.

if you think this might affect you, take my case as an example...i use ripit4me to rip all my dvd's. after ripit4me is done with dvd decrypter, it opens dvdshrink, where i make 2 copies of the movie: a "shrunk" version that will be burned to a single layer dvd and a full-version that i run through handbrake to make a ~700MB avi for my portable hard drive. the ONLY instance where ive encountered this issue is where i used a "full version" iso instead of the raw files in the "VIDEO-TS" folder. but from what ive read on their forums, this issue is rare and completely random.

anyway, dont let all my typing scare you away from using handbrake! :D
Last edited by runningfool87 on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sm0ker

Post by Sm0ker » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:09 pm

Thanks for this Addo Mrs P.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:09 pm

PunchCard wrote:Mrs Peel, I would love to try one of your addons, but I cannot download any of them. I just get the following mesage:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /MrsP_Handbrake_GUI_2.40_Addon_v0.90-070919.cab on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What do you think I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.
Ah I was wondering when one of you people would crawl out of the woodwork to complain, and I see from the fact that you registered here specially just to make this complaint that you have been one of my lazy lurking leechers.

The reason you are unable to access my server is because you ABUSED IT. I check my traffic logs once a day and any IP address which is recorded as thrashing my server is added to my domain blocklist. So far I have had to ban 5 IP addresses who made in excess of TEN THOUSAND requests on my server over a 24 hour period.

My worst offender (so far) was an IP address from Poland who made 137308 requests over a 24 hour period.

Your fewpb.net was added to my blocklist 2 days ago for making 22285 requests.

ABUSE IT AND YOU LOOSE IT. This discussion is CLOSED.

RickMckc

Post by RickMckc » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:16 am

Mrs Peel, please pardon the dumb and possibly-off-topic question, but how can an individual make in excess of 10K requests on a single webserver in a 24-hr period? For what purpose would they do that? Just curious.
RickMcKC

runningfool87

Post by runningfool87 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:57 am

RickMckc wrote:Mrs Peel, please pardon the dumb and possibly-off-topic question, but how can an individual make in excess of 10K requests on a single webserver in a 24-hr period? For what purpose would they do that? Just curious.
either theyre using a messed up version of maxthon or something that tries to create hundreds of requests to a server at a time...

-OR-

theyre using firefox, and have either the fasterfox or firetune extension installed with it. to anyone out there that has this problem, open firefox and type "about:config" into the address bar. in the "filter" bar, type "network". scroll down until you see the following values:

network.http.max-connections
network.http.max-connections-per-server
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-proxy
network.http.max-persistent-connections-per-server

either right-click them and "reset" all the values, or change them to 36, 12, 12, and 12 respectively. having these values any higher than that will actually slow down page loading time, and piss off the people in charge of the servers.

...and if neither of the above things are true, you probably have a poorly coded download manager thats wreaking havoc every time you try to download a file. get a new download manager (DownThemAll is a firefox extension that adds download acceleration/resumption, and if you dont use firefox, try free download manager or internet download accelerator).

anyway, back to handbrake 8)

PunchCard

Post by PunchCard » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:25 am

MrsPeel, I apologize for being one of your lazy lurking leechers. I am a newb but trying to understand how to make addons and such, which is why I have not been able to contribute anything. I did join on 18 August 2007 so I did not recently join just to complain about not being able to download your addons. I am guilty of using Firefox and have been using the fasterfox extension as mentioned by runningfool87. I guess that I did not realize that it would create havoc with your server.

Can I remove the fasterfox extension and reset the other values as suggested by runningfool87 and try again? You do have the most interesting addons and are largest contributor on this site and I would hate to miss out on your stuff because of some negllgence on my part.

What I am asking for is a second chance, at least work with me. I do not want to be a abuser and perhaps in the future I can be an actual contributor to this site. I know from your posts that you going through some rough times right now and even if I am not given a second chance I sincerely hope that things work out for for the better in your circumstances.

Mrs Peel
The Dominatrix Recoded

Post by Mrs Peel » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:43 am

What part of....
Mrs Peel wrote:"This discussion is CLOSED"
....did you people NOT understand?

To PunchCard: When you have uninstalled FasterFox, done some study on proper firefox configuration for good server behaviour and can promise to not use download accelerators on my files, then send me a PM.

To the rest of you: Minor update to cleanup some stuff I missed in my original uninstaller

runningfool87

Post by runningfool87 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:43 pm

fyi, version 0.9.1 just came out

bober101

Post by bober101 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:07 pm

this realy looks liek a neet ripper,gonan have to test this 1 out.thx
XP theme source patcher
patches/overwrites ure default xp visual resources

mashimus

Post by mashimus » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:04 pm

thanks for all the hard work.. i'll be testing this out!

Cipherfx2

Post by Cipherfx2 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:38 pm

Thanks Mrs Peel... very handy. Keep it alive and updated.

keegan

Post by keegan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:18 am

Hey, good to see you're around. You been moving finally or just been taking some time away from this forsaken place :wink:

Hope I didn't sound pissed off at you last we spoke... cause I really wasn't. But I suppose it could have come across that way.

Anyway..... I've always wanted something for doing this, other than AutoGK, granted it has done me well in the past, there's always been something about it I don't really like. It's like a really nice car that smells like someone spilled nacho cheese (the fake, gas station kind) under the seat. It doesn't really smell that bad, even after a year, but who wants that in their car. Maybe that's a bad analogy. Either way I can't wait to try this one out.

Zyx_Maiden

Post by Zyx_Maiden » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:53 am

Thank you for this update Mrs.Peel, I'll try this out soon...
If you see dinosaurs, stop using drugs. But, if you don't use drugs, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!